Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

A++++ BUYER, QUICK PAYMENT, MINIMAL RANTING ABOUT CONSUMERISM, THANKS FOR YOUR PURCHASE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

kirkjames posted:

haha, record collecting can be a cool and fun activity, unless you do it more obsessively than me which is stupid and dumb

If I've learned anything over the years it's that an important part of record collecting is hating other record collectors for a variety of different reasons.

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

We look to other people to set the standards just at our level and anyone else is absolutely insane.

Wronkos
Jan 1, 2011

I started collecting Basic Channel releases recently, so today I snagged Inversion, Phylyps Trak, and BCD-2, the latter of which being a compilation of the duo's more club-ready tracks. Additionally, I picked up one of their records as Rhythm & Sound.

The inside of BCD-2 was really cool because it displays their 12" releases. Although I hardly ever listen to CDs, it's nice to have this compilation on a physical format :)

Wronkos fucked around with this message at 22:07 on May 14, 2014

Defleshed
Nov 18, 2004

F is for... FREEDOM

Blast Fantasto posted:

Black Flag made My War with Henry Rollins.

After Henry Rollins left, they made this -

Greg Ginn ruined Black Flag.

I know this is not a popular opinion but I hate My War. I'm a big fan of the Keith Morris/Ron Reyes/Dez Cadena era. But I've always like my punk rock to be punk rock and not faux-intellectual poetry horseshit. I actually like Henry Rollins and what he stands for in the music "industry", but I've never liked any of his creative output.

WASDF posted:

We look to other people to set the standards just at our level and anyone else is absolutely insane.

Anyone who drives faster than me on the freeway is a crazed maniac, anyone slower than me is a retarded idiot.

Defleshed fucked around with this message at 02:23 on May 15, 2014

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
i actually dont own any records, thought i'd finally come clean about that

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

stay depressed posted:

i actually dont own any records, thought i'd finally come clean about that

So you mean you're actually just an annoying poo poo poster?

Who could have seen that coming?

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
yep, it's true don't own a single one

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

In a shocking turn of events, the guy with the Anthony Fantano avatar doesn't own a single LP :aaaaa:

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession
Yes, he just found those pictures of records in cat litter boxes or with mustard sprayed on them, good sleuthing guys.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

het posted:

Yes, he just found those pictures of records in cat litter boxes or with mustard sprayed on them, good sleuthing guys.

I'm actually kind of disappointed because I thought those were kind of cool.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot

CPL593H posted:

I'm actually kind of disappointed because I thought those were kind of cool.

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

I want to see you tear that tape off.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Defleshed posted:

I know this is not a popular opinion but I hate My War. I'm a big fan of the Keith Morris/Ron Reyes/Dez Cadena era. But I've always like my punk rock to be punk rock and not faux-intellectual poetry horseshit. I actually like Henry Rollins and what he stands for in the music "industry", but I've never liked any of his creative output.

I love the Morris/Cadena stuff too (First Four Years is my favorite album of all time), but I think My War is great. It hits the perfect balance between the early stuff that just rips and the second-side, sludgy stuff.

I have an affinity for sludge and doom, so I could see why that second half of My War would turn you off if you didn't.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

WASDF posted:

I think that's how he got cancer.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
I'm going to be moving cross country in June from SF to NOLA. I'm concerned with how my records will fare with the heat of the south on the trip. I'll be driving through NM, AZ, TX, & LA in mid June. At what point (temp) will they start to warp? I've rented a penske truck, so there's probably going to be massive thermal gain in the back.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

dog nougat posted:

I'm going to be moving cross country in June from SF to NOLA. I'm concerned with how my records will fare with the heat of the south on the trip. I'll be driving through NM, AZ, TX, & LA in mid June. At what point (temp) will they start to warp? I've rented a penske truck, so there's probably going to be massive thermal gain in the back.

If they're well packed and upright they should be fine. My dad lives in Houston and has some records in the garage attic (!!!) that somehow are still fine.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMnwcbh_Gjg
What am I watching - what's with the staring?

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

You are watching a "film" by Mark Judge. Old people further glamorizing The Beatles with stupid things.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot

WASDF posted:

got a little carried away

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

Thanks babe, I needed that.

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

CPL593H posted:

So you mean you're actually just an annoying poo poo poster?

Who could have seen that coming?
why are you so loving whiny all the loving time. shut the gently caress up for once. you are so far up your own god damned rear end it's unbelievable

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Oh poo poo it just got real up in this record store!

And my Loop test press seems to be lost in the mail from England gently caress gently caress gently caress.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Snowy posted:

Oh poo poo it just got real up in this record store!

And my Loop test press seems to be lost in the mail from England gently caress gently caress gently caress.

That suuuuuuuuucks. Tied up in customs?

Has anyone else gotten their copy of Screaming Females "Live at the Hideout?" I still haven't gotten mine and I preordered the thing.

Also a bunch of stuff by the Bats is getting reissued(!!!) which is awesome. http://www.capturedtracks.com/bats-re-issues-for-pre-order/

Hot Diggity! fucked around with this message at 00:31 on May 16, 2014

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Prefuse posted:

why are you so loving whiny all the loving time. shut the gently caress up for once. you are so far up your own god damned rear end it's unbelievable

If he had a nicer avatar I think you'd like him better. That avatar stinks.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

TubeStank posted:

Has anyone else gotten their copy of Screaming Females "Live at the Hideout?" I still haven't gotten mine and I preordered the thing.

I got mine, yeah. E-mail 'em.

Defleshed
Nov 18, 2004

F is for... FREEDOM

Blast Fantasto posted:

I love the Morris/Cadena stuff too (First Four Years is my favorite album of all time), but I think My War is great. It hits the perfect balance between the early stuff that just rips and the second-side, sludgy stuff.

I have an affinity for sludge and doom, so I could see why that second half of My War would turn you off if you didn't.

I can totally see that. I'm a metal fan too but prefer the speedier death metal and crossover thrash.

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.

Badly Jester posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMnwcbh_Gjg
What am I watching - what's with the staring?

That's loving brill.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

TubeStank posted:

That suuuuuuuuucks. Tied up in customs?

I wish I knew :smith:

The seller seems to have good reviews and already offered the regular edition instead, so hopefully something good will happen, I was just happy for the test press for such a low price.

The thing is probably sitting at my post office, maybe used as a door stop. Those assholes are the worst, I have such a ghetto post office where nobody gives a poo poo about anything, it's terrible.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Prefuse posted:

Not really.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

Snowy posted:

I have such a ghetto post office where nobody gives a poo poo about anything, it's terrible.
So it's just a normal post office.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Cpt. Spring Types posted:

So it's just a normal post office.

My post office sometimes has parrots.

I've never seen them though :(

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

CPL593H posted:

This song is great. I'd been aware of 10cc but never really looked into them. I think now I'll have to.

I actually have had this album and never listened to it - it's pretty cool.

SableDoux
Apr 26, 2014

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Jesus. What rich fucker owns all that?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Allen Wren posted:

Jesus. What rich fucker owns all that?

Either a Bond villain or a tech billionaire.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

He bought a radio station's record stock and built a house around that.

Tasteless cargo cult bullshit, most of them will rot there.

http://blogs.abc.net.au/wa/2014/05/one-man-thirty-thousand-records.html

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
what a waste

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JehovahsWetness
Dec 9, 2005

bang that shit retarded
Nothing says balleur like Leo Sayers - Endless Flight wall jernts and 30 yards of budget classical.