Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
Argus built the prison, and seem to be operational in the region for a few years at the very least, so they probably have a manned base somewhere on the island.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pattycakes
May 12, 2014

WHO WANTS A PATTYCAKE!?!
I was not expecting the island twist at all. That definitely is going to make flashbacks a lot more interesting next season.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!
Thinking about the Thea/Roy/Merlyn thing...basically the theme of this season was how Ollie's lies costed him, so it's kind of funny how he passed on his sins to his metaphorical superhero child. If Roy would have just came clean, would Thea have accepted that?

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
For those who don't know, Warner Brothers almost made a Green Arrow movie way back when titled, "Supermax" where he would be fighting his way out of super villain jail. Nice call back.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Deadpool posted:

Internal injuries from being tossed around by super people. I can't believe they actually acknowledged that's something that would happen. I feel like no live action super hero media has ever really dealt with that at all.

Well, poo poo.
I kind of stopped thinking about things like that.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Of the plotlines hinted at next season, Thea's is going to be the most interesting.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Pattycakes posted:

I was not expecting the island twist at all. That definitely is going to make flashbacks a lot more interesting next season.

Really? Haven't we known for ages that he didn't spend all five years on the island? I'm almost positive that was already established.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Regy Rusty posted:

Really? Haven't we known for ages that he didn't spend all five years on the island? I'm almost positive that was already established.

I don't think they actually outright stated it but its been pretty obvious from the first season that he had to leave sometime.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Regy Rusty posted:

It was heavily implied even in s1, and outright stated by Ollie to Diggle and Felicity at some point in this season.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Regy Rusty posted:

Yeah. He's apparently a captain in the Russian mafia, so he had to leave at some point.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I assume he has to go back to the island at some point though, when he has his Grizzly Adams hobo beard that they showed at the beginning of the series.

DivisionPost posted:

Rochev was one, of course. Detective Lance was another, but I'm thinking (hoping) they cheat it by having him legally dead for like two minutes before his heart is restarted. And I guess the third is the metaphorical death of Thea Queen.

Or it could be Slade's flashback "death."

Pattycakes
May 12, 2014

WHO WANTS A PATTYCAKE!?!

Regy Rusty posted:

I guess I missed the episode where they hinted at that. Do you know when it was hinted/established?

Mike Danger
Feb 17, 2012

Pattycakes posted:

I guess I missed the episode where they hinted at that. Do you know when it was hinted/established?

Pretty sure Ollie says outright in Heir to the Demon "I wasn't always on the island"

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
I still can't believe how hyped up I am from the Flash trailer. Barry is just excited to have his powers, it seems like he could have some comedic contrast against Ollie, and possibly the best bit? The super speed isn't just blur. When the arrow is flying at the target, if you pause it bit by bit, you can actually see Barry's motions as he catches the arrow. Still a little awkward when he comes to a stop with the arrow in hand, but if that effect improves, then holy hell, I think they've cracked how to do definitive super speed.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Enjoyable, but I don't think it was a very good climax to the season. :(

When/how did Slade know about Argus enough to guess the drone plan? And what was his plan then if he's sending the army out of town while he hangs out in a chemical plant?

Also why did the grab Laurel? There wasn't any reason/payoff to her being at that final standoff with Slade.

I'm going to kill...Felicity(!) still makes no sense. I liked the callback to the cameras in the house and how that set up the plan, but it still makes no sense why Slade gave a poo poo about her over Sara.

Not killing Sara and instead (possibly) offing Det. Lance feels really lame. Especially with Laurel and her dad being all "aww shucks please don't kidnap Sara again...ok gosh whatever" as she got on the boat.

Something doesn't sit right with me on the ARGUS scenes. Maybe it's just that I hate the idea of Waller needing to point guns at Diggle and Co. Maybe it just that now I'm worried there won't be more Diggle/Suicide Squad episodes in season 3.

And is Isabel dead? Or just de-supered? It seems like they cut her off mid-sentence as a wink to the audience that nobody gave much of a gently caress about her.

Oh well. I like some of the stuff they're setting up for Season 3. I thought they'd have Oliver working with the Russian Mob as the 'island' story, but if nothing else Hong Kong is always an interesting backdrop. Dark Thea and a non-robot Roy will be interesting, and I'm really unsure what they do with Laurel either way...

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
Requesting a gif of Det. Lance's goofy reaction to Laurel receiving the leather jacket from Sarah.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

E the Shaggy posted:

For those who don't know, Warner Brothers almost made a Green Arrow movie way back when titled, "Supermax" where he would be fighting his way out of super villain jail. Nice call back.

I'm genuinely curious if the show's long game here is to rework that script into a story arc for the show.

VBane
Oct 31, 2011

hcreight posted:

I'm genuinely curious if the show's long game here is to rework that script into a story arc for the show.

I would love a season of catching villains and shipping them off to the island, then the finale being a 3 or 4 episode escape the island arc.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

hcreight posted:

It sounds like a cool idea for a movie, if they might still do it with Stephen Amell. Probably the first non-lovely DC movie concept I've heard of in a long time.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

hcreight posted:

Some of the best comic runs are when the hero gets locked up so I hope so!

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Wait, so is Det. Lance dead? It looked more like one of those "fake-out" deaths they do at the end of a season when it contract negotiation time.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Well, they could do flashback year three be Argus stuff, then year four be Bratva stuff, then year five Argus throws Ollie in the island prison and he has to escape.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

pentyne posted:

Wait, so is Det. Lance dead? It looked more like one of those "fake-out" deaths they do at the end of a season when it contract negotiation time.

It feels like they're not sure yet- and could easily be a fake out.

I hope Blackthorne's back. As awkward as his accent and "aww jeez Laurel!" can be at times, he's always a load of fun to see on the screen.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

It feels like they're not sure yet- and could easily be a fake out.

I hope Blackthorne's back. As awkward as his accent and "aww jeez Laurel!" can be at times, he's always a load of fun to see on the screen.

If he was able to walk around mobile from internal injury trauma then it seems like they could get him into the ER and save him, especially if he's at a major center of commerce/transportation like the docks.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Neon Knight posted:

Man, it must be a pain to fly to that island every day to feed your one prisoner. I didn't see some sort of hamster cage auto feeder in Slades cell.

Heh, that's exactly what I was thinking.

pentyne posted:

If he was able to walk around mobile from internal injury trauma then it seems like they could get him into the ER and save him, especially if he's at a major center of commerce/transportation like the docks.

Yeah, I'm sure the emergency rooms in Starling City are pretty empty right now.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!
Laurel gets black jacket -> Dad dies -> Black Canary?

I hope not. :ohdear:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

FELD1 posted:

Requesting a gif of Det. Lance's goofy reaction to Laurel receiving the leather jacket from Sarah.

Even better when he cheerfully hopes Nyssa dies.

My god this episode :stare: I'm going to have to watch it like three times to get it all!

I'm super stoked for Thea Merlin! Still amazed I love her character.

I'm also glad they went with Slade screaming "You really think the mirakuru made me hate you?" and not cop out with him waking up with AMNESIA

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 03:52 on May 15, 2014

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

imperialparadox posted:

It seems like whether he lives or dies, they'll dabble with it in S3. I mean it seems like even if Blackthorne is back you'd probably have an arc of him in the hospital/otherwise immobile to let Laurel get out from under him a bit.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Senerio posted:

Of the plotlines hinted at next season, Thea's is going to be the most interesting.

That and the adventures of Oliver being poor.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Holy poo poo, that is how you do a season finale. I'm still blown away , What the gently caress Amanda Waller, was not expecting that ending at all.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

gently caress yes ARGUS turned the island into Supermax. That's so awesome. I can't wait for next season, Evil Thea gonna force Roy to hero up to stop her. :getin:

Also, survived my toxx. :smug:

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Zaggitz posted:

I can't wait for next season, Evil Thea gonna force Roy to hero up to stop her. :getin:

If Evil Thea is any good, I really hope she just stays that way for the run of the show. I've never been more interested in her story than I am right now.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Kind of interested in how they redeem Laurel, and I'm kind of glad Sarah left. This whole episode was just non stop awesome. Roy getting the mask, the final confrontation on the boat with Slade. Wow they really did knock it out of the park, although I doubt Lance is dead. He's to drat good.

Also, requesting Gif of Lance smug look at hoping Nyssa dies as well, that was fantastic.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

imperialparadox posted:

Her dad dying that way wouldn't really work as motivation.

She needs something that makes her realize the legal route doesn't work. Her father is basically dying after heroically doing his job as a cop if he doesn't make it out of this. That's not a push to become a vigilante.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Zaggitz posted:

gently caress yes ARGUS turned the island into Supermax. That's so awesome. I can't wait for next season, Evil Thea gonna force Roy to hero up to stop her. :getin:

Also, survived my toxx. :smug:

Me, too. :hf:

edit: If Ollie doesn't run into Lady Shiva in Hong Kong, the whole setting is wasted.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Yeah I think Quentin may be in the hospital for the first few eps of S3, or they start the season off with him getting a commendation after getting out of the hospital over the break.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

That was mostly awesome. Its kind of sad in the most amazing way that Barrowman is the best father figure on this show to date. Faithful to his wife, loyal to his kids, accepts them for who they are...

They were trying way too hard with the handoff of the jacket to Laurel from Sarah. 'It fits!' 'Don't go getting any ideas.' Bleh.

Why do people think Rochov's dead? He was on the sub and blew up the Amazo. He should be fine and on his way to Mother Russia.

Three deaths were Slade (island), Isabel, and possibly Lance at the end there. I can't think of any other named character deaths in this episode (the 'old' Thea I guess if you want to go copout).

Comedy option: death of the Olicity ship :mmmsmug:

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

I am in fact in the market for ex-Billionaires with superior archery skills.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Yeah, the hook for the flashbacks is pretty insane, that's got me super loving curious. I mean of course the main storyline is super interesting as well, but without Slade. Where is it going?

I mean really the entire 2 seasons were Slade and Ollie, that's been resolved. We know the entire back story now and the result. Of course Slade will be back and there's still Merlyn.

Just realized this has only been 2 seasons. What the hell it feels longer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Huge Spacekablooie posted:

I am in fact in the market for ex-Billionaires with superior archery skills.
Oh god are you Barrowman? Ollie's going to go to work for Thea who will be the front for Barrowman. Her way of paying him back for all the lies.

• Locked thread