Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

Vargo posted:

Do... do any of you know any? Women, that is.

I like my wife too much to expose her to this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Sheldrake posted:

I like my wife too much to expose her to this website

Pretty much

TwistedLadder
Mar 16, 2011

The only Disney Princess with a body count... in the thousands.

Vargo posted:

As much as I love TwistedLadder and Pick (and occasionally Terry Von Feladey and leokitty), I would be super excited if we could have more posters of the lady variety.

I know a lot of women, but I somehow I doubt any of them will consider me a viable sexual partner after I show them this thread and say "I like to spend time here, join us"

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

TwistedLadder posted:

I know a lot of women, but I somehow I doubt any of them will consider me a viable sexual partner after I show them this thread and say "I like to spend time here, join us"

I've been dating a girl for about eight weeks now, I don't know if it's the right time to tell her about Dickeye...

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe
It seems like there's more women in TVIV, though I haven't investigated thoroughly.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Sheldrake posted:

I like my wife too much to expose her to this thread.

Pretty much this.

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

Vargo posted:

I've been dating a girl for about eight weeks now, I don't know if it's the right time to tell her about Dickeye...

"Honey, I know things have been getting serious between us, so I think it's time that I told you something. No, nothing bad. Well, too bad. As you know, I moderate an internet discussion board in my free time because I'm a masochist... Well, one of the people who post there is a young man named 'Dickeye'. He's... he's special. As far as I know he's not contagious, but I wanted to let you know about him in case my body is ever found in a dumpster surrounded by poorly spelled drunken ramblings about Kamen Rider and Ferris Bueler. ... Yes, thank you for your sympathy. Now let me tell you who murdered me if I'm found in a pile of X-Men comics and my 'suicide note' is written in mathematical equations... What's that? Yes, it is a dangerous life I lead. I'm pretty much the James Bond of the internet, only I respect women and my bullets are deftly written take downs of Robert Zemeckis. Now let's make sweet, sweet love, Dickeye. I MEAN HONEY! HONEY! NOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooo."

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Vargo posted:

As much as I love TwistedLadder and Pick (and occasionally Terry Von Feladey and leokitty), I would be super excited if we could have more posters of the lady variety.

I know women friends...unfortunately it has explained to me that I must attain swagger and this place is not swagger conducive. Thus I cannot expose them to this place.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Gatts posted:

I know women friends...unfortunately it has explained to me that I must attain swagger and this place is not swagger conducive. Thus I cannot expose them to this place.

We may in fact be the most swagless place on the internet.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Vargo posted:

I saw a woman in the wild once but as soon as she saw me she ran away. Guess I'll only ever get to observe them in captivity :smith:

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I heard something that I thought may have been a woman in the woods near my shack once. I tried to take a photo but it came out all blurry. Found some really strange footprints though.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Sheldrake posted:

Now let's make sweet, sweet love, Dickeye.

Same.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
This is us
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1CvTlQSrYY

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Vargo posted:

Do it. Do it sissy.

TwistedLadder
Mar 16, 2011

Except for me

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

TwistedLadder posted:

Except for me

You really should have penises are amazing

wait

TwistedLadder
Mar 16, 2011

FishBulb posted:

You really should have penises are amazing

wait

Edit: Apparently I am Cersei Lannister when she has been drinking

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

TwistedLadder posted:

Edit: Apparently I am Cersei Lannister when she has I have been drinking

Fixed.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

TwistedLadder posted:

That would be me, little brother. I was scrolling through earlier gen chat posts and saw you said you wanted it and felt charitable. <3
Aww, big sis! You're the bestest! Thank you! :3: :love:

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 03:38 on May 15, 2014

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Vargo posted:

We may in fact be the most swagless place on the internet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWleSstKpic

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Drunk Cersei is the best one, at least.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Maxwell Lord posted:

Drunk Cersei is the best one, at least.

Drunk Cersei is the only Cersei, honestly.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.

GonSmithe posted:

Drunk Cersei is the only Cersei, honestly.

This gets more and more true as the series goes on.

Happy Fun Bollocks
Aug 4, 2007

by Ion Helmet
I said to a woman on the internet who already has an SA account, "you should look at the Transformers thread in CD, those movies are more interesting than I thought", because she is a fan of the G1 cartoons and the More than Meets the Eye comics and has bought a couple of the toys, but she said "no, I saw the first one and it's boring and I'm not going to rewatch it or watch the sequels or read a 500 page PDF about them". Women are completely irrational!

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

These are the secrets of death we teach.

Happy Fun Bollocks posted:

I said to a woman on the internet who already has an SA account, "you should look at the Transformers thread in CD, those movies are more interesting than I thought", because she is a fan of the G1 cartoons and the More than Meets the Eye comics and has bought a couple of the toys, but she said "no, I saw the first one and it's boring and I'm not going to rewatch it or watch the sequels or read a 500 page PDF about them". Women are completely irrational!

Her loss.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
The IDW comics are pretty dumb and lovely though so who cares.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
the new IDW stuff is really good actually, like MTMTE and Windblade

but anyway

My mom listens to Night Vale and to Doctor Who radio dramas and has read 1 (one) issue of MTMTE and she thought it was funny

but she's like 57 years old and also really doesn't like harsh language so i doubt she'd fit in

maybe she'd like YOSPOS, i dunno

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.
I think my role as Swedish man eating Swedish Fish on Elementary airs tomorrow night at 10 EST. Y'all better be watching.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Literally The Worst posted:

I've only read that FCBD Transformers/GI Joe #0 and it owns bones.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Last Stand of the Wreckers is pretty much all I've read, and it was pretty decent. It's not Saga, but it didn't feel like a waste of the money I spent getting it off Comixology. v:v:v

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

SALT CURES HAM posted:

Last Stand of the Wreckers is pretty much all I've read, and it was pretty decent. It's not Saga, but it didn't feel like a waste of the money I spent getting it off Comixology. v:v:v

If you like LSotW, read The Death of Optimus Prime one-shot and then read MTMTE up until the "Dark Cybertron" crossover (which is mostly boring and dumb). It's very good!

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

SALT CURES HAM posted:

Oh no that one rules. The current series are butts people are just so used to the dreck that has been transformers comics that they look great.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
Slice of life: My county is on fire. I'm okay, though.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Slice of life: I managed to rack up $260 in parking tickets tonight.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Oh no that one rules. The current series are butts people are just so used to the dreck that has been transformers comics that they look great.

Is MTMTE really not good? All I've really seen of it is the MY FIRST BLASTER panel and the panel of Ultra Magnus being physically incapable of saying the word "fun," and both of those are amazing.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

morestuff posted:

Slice of life: I managed to rack up $260 in parking tickets tonight.

Park better u fukin nub

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Vargo posted:

I kind of act like a lady sometimes. Does that count?

Vargo posted:

Dickeye is not something you tell people about. Dickeye is a horrible secret you take to your grave.

Hey, you're a gigantic nerd with no friends so you might be able to answer my question. Why is IDW publishing the reprints of the Maxx instead of Image Comics?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

You guys need to be watching Catfish if y'all aren't already. I swear, I get more entertainment out of this show than I do most others. The movie was legitimately suspenseful and depressing, but the show is just a hilarious trainwreck most of the time.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
I dunno, honestly the few times I watched it it just felt exploitative and sad.

e: Does it ever have guys pretending to be more attractive than they actually are? It seemed like every episode I saw was about fat and unattractive women pretending to be attractive; I didn't see a single guy who was actually a fedora-wearing goon pretending to be a musclebound hunk.

SALT CURES HAM fucked around with this message at 06:18 on May 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I completely lost interest in MTV when they stopped scheduling six-hour blocks of the world's worst dating shows.

• Locked thread