Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Got a Purple Spidey cover from the Loki Heroic Token, better than the Bagman I expected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Lofty132 posted:

Got a Purple Spidey cover from the Loki Heroic Token, better than the Bagman I expected.
I got a bagman, just so you know the universe is still in balance.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:
I don't think my God of Lies bracket is through the roof with weird MMR like the Ragnarok one was, from what I can tell - #1 is at ~700 and all seems fairly normal in that regard right now - but I am getting a weird new thing where the loving game isn't giving me any matches worth more than 15 points or so.

I just started a couple of hours ago and I'm at 156 points at rank #252, I'm still fighting the same motherfuckers I always do that would normally get me at least 20 in this phase of a PvP, but now the game is saying "gently caress you, here's 14 points." I don't get it.

edit: Here's what it's giving me after skipping until I'm at the 10 ISO penalty: Lvl 23 Loki, maxed Ares, maxed OBW - 14 points. Lvl 65 Loki, maxed CStorm, maxed Magneto NOW - 15 points. Lvl 23 Loki, maxed Thor, maxed OBW - 16 points. That's the kind of poo poo I normally fight, with some 3-stars mixed in, but for 20-30 points a pop.

Arschlochkind fucked around with this message at 04:37 on May 13, 2014

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Lofty132 posted:

I got a Lazythor, I'm happy.

Arschlochkind posted:

I don't think my God of Lies bracket is through the roof with weird MMR like the Ragnarok one was, from what I can tell - #1 is at ~700 and all seems fairly normal in that regard right now - but I am getting a weird new thing where the loving game isn't giving me any matches worth more than 15 points or so.

I just started a couple of hours ago and I'm at 156 points at rank #252, I'm still fighting the same motherfuckers I always do that would normally get me at least 20 in this phase of a PvP, but now the game is saying "gently caress you, here's 14 points." I don't get it.
I'm seeing a 50/50 mix of good 2-star teams and beatable 3-star teams, with more reasonable max scores. Much better than last time.

Inverse
Jun 30, 2010

Sefer posted:

Pizza Dog is also at 19/20, so we're looking for a reasonably active player to help us out.

I would love to join, though I just started playing In game name is Tryphosan.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
It looks like the sub-event will be ending soon. Its over 90% full.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I usually smash the PvE events for a good finish but with no Patch on my roster I'll admit I've been remiss. Sorry fellow G.O.O.Ns

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

it sure is fun facing 532849329438928943 Thor/OBW teams in a row in pvp

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Syrinxx posted:

I run Aries/OBW so at least I have that going for me :unsmith:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Syrinxx posted:

Isn't it fantastic? Free easy wins all day long.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

Lofty132 posted:

I usually smash the PvE events for a good finish but with no Patch on my roster I'll admit I've been remiss. Sorry fellow G.O.O.Ns

Same. I can't even remember if I had a Patch cover and discarded it, or if I never got one.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
Man, this last portion of the PVE event has been a smorgasbord. I got 3000 ISO & 6 tokens in about 20 minutes.

Wet Biscuit McGlee
Jul 13, 2006

girls hate me
I've only been playing this a few days and I'm already getting hosed in tournaments fighting nobody but level 80 guys.

Is there real PVP in this game or just this simulator stuff. It almost doesn't feel balanced for it.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
You never directly compete with another person. Only someone's characters controlled by a script. Calling it an AI is insulting to all forms of intelligence.

PardonMeHippo
Feb 18, 2011
I'm done with this game. The transition from a 2-star to a 3-star team seems too daunting and pointless.

Thanks for letting me play in G.O.O.N. guys!

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

The stealth change to brackets this past week has really turned me of the game, too. I was getting top 10 in every PvP event with my not even maxed 2* team, now I'm struggling to hit top 100 with all the try hard players. I'm not even getting crabbed, I just don't have the time or inclination to wade through 15 point matches up to 1000 points.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

The season 1 pvp thing completely hosed everything up. The whales have now spent a month slamming every single event with 1100-1300 point scores, earning covers they don't want or need, just so they could maintain their precious season 1 score. Normally they would sit out the events like Loki or Doom because they had no need for the covers. Meanwhile people who are actually trying to transition from ** to *** are finding their normal scores barely get them into top 50 and are even more starved for covers than before. If season 2 is the same I'll probably just move on to another game because this poo poo pretty much sucks.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Yeah just tried to smash some points in at the end of the Loki PVP for an IM40 cover but no, I'll be in the Bullseye bracket. No point even shielding.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
It really is annoying to play in events solely for the Season score. I'd love to have skipped the past 3 or 4 events.

I also hate how you have to skip 50 times now to find someone who will give you over 30 points even if you only HAVE 30 points. If there are people with 300 points more than you in your own bracket, why the hell do you get people with only +/- 20 points from your current total constantly?

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

These PVP tourneys suck. Give us HT, lazythor, and BP please.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
You'll get Rags, Loki, IM40 and you're going to like it or we're turning this car around.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
I'm so behind on the pve event. No chance at a lazy Daken for me. :smith:

The Loki tournament sucked. The only cover for him I want or needed was the alliance reward. And AgentsOfGOON had two people who didn't play in it at all.

My bracket was competitive, but I went from 300 to 900 points with only getting attacked 3 times this morning. I settled for a top 50 finish. Just playing for the season at this point. I'm ranked 22 for S1, which is pretty good IMHO.

Honestly though, Dragon Coins is taking my attention away from this game.

What are the rewards for the IM40 tournament?

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

gromdul posted:

What are the rewards for the IM40 tournament?
Ragnarok and Moonstone. Try to contain your excitement over these phenomenal opportunities.

Puweyxil
Oct 19, 2001
I like to eat cheese.
Dinosaur Gum

Infinite Karma posted:

The stealth change to brackets this past week has really turned me of the game, too. I was getting top 10 in every PvP event with my not even maxed 2* team, now I'm struggling to hit top 100 with all the try hard players. I'm not even getting crabbed, I just don't have the time or inclination to wade through 15 point matches up to 1000 points.
This is me. The amount of raw time required to get up to 1000-1200 pts is draining. I can usually get up to 600-800 before I want to kill myself, which used to easily put in the top-10 of my brackets. But now after playing more then I want to, I am faced with putting in another hour or two, or shielding for a top-50 or top-100 finish, which I won't do.

I spent more time losing than winning in the Ragnarock tournament, to see if it would help with the next tournament (Loki), but it didn't seem to make much of a difference, I still would have needed over 1000 pts to be in the top-10.

This does make me wonder; I only enjoyed the game because I could make reasonable progress with minimal (to me) effort; Who are all of these people that live in the bottom half of the brackets, and why do they even play?

gromdul posted:

I'm so behind on the pve event. No chance at a lazy Daken for me. :smith:
I find the "random" end-times of this PvE event to be a real bummer; Instead of showing up a scheduled time to do the requisite grinding, I have to keep checking on it and find time to squeeze out a few matches here-and-there, instead of waiting for the optimal time to make a push. I missed the ending of this last segment, so my score is suffering, but I think I'll still be able to pull out a single Daken cover (My Patch has 5 yellow covers, making him basically invincible this event).

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Steve Rogers drinks in the tears of all the Spider-Man permastun players :byewhore:

http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7389

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Syrinxx posted:

Steve Rogers drinks in the tears of all the Spider-Man permastun players :byewhore:

http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7389

I love it. :frogout:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

:rip: All Tied Up :rip:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

RIP SpideyVenom.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
How to design a PvE event to rape wallets.

Include two enemies each mission that do mass damage to the opposing team with countdown tiles (Pyro, Grenader, Sniper)
Lockout all healing characters
Lockout all board churn characters except for one that has a low max hp to begin with so when the player gets unlucky two pyro blasts will take her down.
Dangle the carrot of a new character as a reward, that you will need in the next mission.

Charge absurd amounts of IAP for healing packs.

Call investors and laugh all the way to the bank.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

Helical Nightmares posted:

How to design a PvE event to rape wallets.

Include two enemies each mission that do mass damage to the opposing team with countdown tiles (Pyro, Grenader, Sniper)
Lockout all healing characters
Lockout all board churn characters except for one that has a low max hp to begin with so when the player gets unlucky two pyro blasts will take her down.
Dangle the carrot of a new character as a reward, that you will need in the next mission.

Charge absurd amounts of IAP for healing packs.

Call investors and laugh all the way to the bank.

I use Cap+Mags for board churn/dealing with countdown tiles; Mag's purple gives you a lot of control over how the board ends up/blasting rows and Cap can use his Blue or Red (which I try to avoid since Patch's is better, but sometimes it's necessary) to deal with individual tiles.

Also, you can heal in prologue missions to avoid using packs.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
You know, even when I show up with a frustration filled połemic, you guys give good advice.

:thumbsup:

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

Hooray, I pushed from 250ish to 50ish in the pve in the last hour, I get a daken and can participate in the next pve event, woo.

Shroud
May 11, 2009

Sefer posted:

I use Cap+Mags for board churn/dealing with countdown tiles; Mag's purple gives you a lot of control over how the board ends up/blasting rows and Cap can use his Blue or Red (which I try to avoid since Patch's is better, but sometimes it's necessary) to deal with individual tiles.

Also, you can heal in prologue missions to avoid using packs.

If you have 2-star Magneto, his maxed blue ability wipes the entire board as well.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

His red generates ap and the purple being able to place blues are just far more useful though.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Missed end of pve event so no lazy daken for me.

Doubt I will continue playing any more than casually after the end of season 1 though.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, I sorta feel the same way. Managed to get up to top 100 consistently for the early subevents, then suddenly fell because I went to sleep instead of staying up all night doing missions. Ended up top 500.

On the plus side, I got two Falcons from the Heroic 10-Pack from the Season 1 thing. Also 1 Loki, but my Loki is max skilled already. Rest were 2 Stars - mainly Moonstone for some reason.

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005
Hired Goons has a space free for anyone who can expand us to our 11th player which would cost 1100 HP. Let me know if you want in!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I cant wait for season 1 to end.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

SynthOrange posted:

I cant wait for season 1 to end.

Cause season 2 is going to be greeeeeat!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Hopefully we will get some new 'story' content. Feels like there hasn't been anything new there for a long while.

Still haven't got my lazy daken yet, it's been hours!