Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prawn Salad
Dec 7, 2010

I-I still think you're cool,
Onii-chan...

Blackheart posted:

Did someone say DINOSAURS?

No, nobody was talking about dinosaurs BUT THAT poo poo IS RAD AS HELL ANYWAY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Holy poo poo none of them are terrible :stare:

Please be repainted in G1 colors, only then shall we see perfection.

Eirgen
Jan 29, 2010
As much as I stay away from movie transformers, I went and bought Scorn and Slug. Can't wait for these other two as they look awesome with the exception of the bright colors.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Man, y'all know I don't like movie toys, but even I might get some of those Dinobots. I skipped most of prime but had fun with a lot of the Predacons.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So looks like they're starting to put images up for the mystery generations waves.

Cliffjumper is a Bumblebee repaint but look at his partner. It's a roller repaint not the helicopter. I'm going to guess that roller repaint dude is going to be some big name G1 guy to piss people off and to get people to buy another Bumblebee repaint. I mean there's a ton of guys who could be a yellow truck thing(Jhiaxus,The Fallen, Some Micromaster guy that ofcourse everyone always loved before he did all that cool stuff in the comic). Or it could be Bumper so they reference the G1 screwup with Bumblebee/Cliffjumper.

Also he's got purple stuff on him like Prime Zombie Cliffjumper.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 03:32 on May 15, 2014

Prawn Salad
Dec 7, 2010

I-I still think you're cool,
Onii-chan...
I feel like if we ever needed proof that Hasbro's toy designers listen to Dragonforce, these new Dinobots are it.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Blackheart posted:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Blackheart posted:

So wait, are those off-screen Dinobots or something? That stegosaur is pretty kickass.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

It's the colors that give me that vibe too, but the Dinozaurs were all terrible shellformers.

The Movie Dinobots seem to have everything fold up.

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

Blackheart posted:

Oh, yes. I am all in on the Dinobots.

edit: I am excited over movie toys. I feel like I'm going to wake up tomorrow and the sky will be purple.

Arsenal_12 fucked around with this message at 04:02 on May 15, 2014

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

Is the stegosaurus guy holding an ax upside down? I can understand not knowing how to transform these things for pictures, but axes seem pretty hard to be baffled by.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Xenomrph posted:

So wait, are those off-screen Dinobots or something? That stegosaur is pretty kickass.

It's these guys I posted earlier, I think.

"Slog" is apparently a voyager.

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.
A 15-second teaser for a 2:30-ish trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjRR6YO5QHA

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We sold out by noon, can somebody post the page of Prime reacting to Megatron's plea change.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Why cookie Rocket posted:

He's right, and Bale wasn't very good in the role either. Awesome Batman films except for Batman. Really tragic.

Agreed on Bale for the most part, but the TDK Batsuit was exactly what it should have been for that version of Batman. Great costume design, and my first Hot Toys purchase ever. Compared to the latex fetish outfits and the fake nipples of the other film batsuits, it's light years ahead of anything else (so far...Batfleck looks pretty good in that one B&W photo).

Blackheart posted:

That'll do, Hasbro. That'll do.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Why is that Stegosaurus bot made out of lettuce?

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Why is that Stegosaurus bot made out of lettuce?

Camouflage!

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Keldroc posted:

Agreed on Bale for the most part, but the TDK Batsuit was exactly what it should have been for that version of Batman. Great costume design, and my first Hot Toys purchase ever. Compared to the latex fetish outfits and the fake nipples of the other film batsuits, it's light years ahead of anything else (so far...Batfleck looks pretty good in that one B&W photo).

Yeah I was being a jackass for humor but there's nothing really wrong with the Nolan bat suit, it's just really not to my taste. I prefer that magic trick you get with miller's batman or Alex Ross's batman where it looks like spandex but somehow doesn't evoke Adam West.

So yeah, totally agreed, that Afflec costume isn't half-bad, it's a compromise I can totally live with.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Rhyno posted:

We sold out by noon, can somebody post the page of Prime reacting to Megatron's plea change.

Spoilers for More Than Meets The Eye 29, obviously, but here you go: :nws:http://i.imgur.com/mSr9g2o.jpg:nws:

It is :nws: to keep that extension from putting it inline right?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Thanks dude, I love that so much.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
New movie trailer doesn't look bad and has the transformers look like individual and recognizable characters in motion.

Michael Bay may have made a quality movie....I'm afraid.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

New movie trailer doesn't look bad and has the transformers look like individual and recognizable characters in motion.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

The Taint Reaper posted:

I hate myself for admitting it doesn't actually look that bad. I like Lockdown's hook hand.

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

The trailer looks good, there is more thought put into Galvatron other than "lets make our own Transformer". Lockdown looks great though I think the quintessons will be the big twist.

And about the latest MTMTE, with everything happening regarding Rewind, I got to wonder if Trailcutter was drunk enough that him opening a door was a miracle to him, or the doors actually opened on their own.

I wonder if Hasbro didn't want an "alcoholic" character or Trailcutter sobering up was Roberts' idea.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Hasbro posted:

When it comes to the movie Grimlock toys being predominantly gold versus the gray in the movie, it's a choice to make the toys pop out a bit more, and to get kids to associate that color with the character, like they associate yellow with Bumblebee and blue/red with Optimus. They heard a lot of feedback internally and from consumers about how it can get hard to tell who's who in the movies sometimes, with so many robots being black or gray. It's also useful for color palettes to be unique at retail - every kid knows a yellow sports car in the toy aisle is likely to be Bumblebee, for example.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Iced Cocoa posted:

And about the latest MTMTE, with everything happening regarding Rewind, I got to wonder if Trailcutter was drunk enough that him opening a door was a miracle to him, or the doors actually opened on their own.

Objects are literally vanishing into thin air, the door didn't open it ceased to be.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I doubt this is going to be a great movie, but honestly I think it'll be better than the last two for if nothing else, Marky Mark is infinitely more likable than Shia LaBeouf.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Gammatron 64 posted:

I doubt this is going to be a great movie, but honestly I think it'll be better than the last two for if nothing else, Marky Mark is infinitely more likable than Shia LaBeouf.

Yeah but with all the money the previous terrible movies made, can you imagine what an average movie would make?

We're going to be seeing numerous versions of Dinobots for ages. :allears:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Blackheart posted:

Why, yes. Yes I did. Sludge has always been my one of my favorites (because he was one of the few I got as a as small child, along with Prowl and Blurr.)

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Gammatron 64 posted:

Yeah, the girl is about even with the other two wooden persons they had in the role before, but Warlberg actually has some action hero charm. Shia just makes me wish everything was punching him.

Also the deluxe line up is so much better than DOTM out of the gate it is astounding. It is like they took everything they learned from beast hunters and prime, movied them up a little, then got completely wasted and made neon dinoknightosaurs. Man the Thew reviews are going to be legendary.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley is actually a better actor than a lot of people give her credit for in that movie, tbqh.

BXCX
Feb 17, 2012

not even in a bad way

Thanks for this, now I can stop checking behind the sea of Megatrons and Starscreams that fill the pegs everywhere I go. I love that recent Generations Voyagers are going for less than most of the Deluxes.

I did find a Whirl a little bit ago at TRU, he's a fun little guy but one of his arms is comically floppy. I'm undecided if I'm going to try to pull it apart and try to fix it or try to find a new one and return the flopster.

Unknownone
Apr 23, 2003

Some stupid 04 bought me this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKD5SNYUpUk

Since no one posted this yet.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

It looks pretty good, though still on the fence about seeing it in theaters or waiting for a rental.

There's a scene in there where Wahlberg blocks a swing from a transformer's weapon with a weapon of his own, and I know it's silly to call bullshit about anything in this movie, but no loving way could you withstand the sheer weight and strength of a 25' tall robot.

e: that one dinobot has a Cylon helmet

catch22 fucked around with this message at 18:07 on May 15, 2014

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Pictures of MP Bumblebee and Magnus are up... Magnus is definitely not an MP10 cab, he just looks a hell of a lot like one in truck mode. But the cab does disconnect from the trailer! Weird.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

BXCX posted:

Thanks for this, now I can stop checking behind the sea of Megatrons and Starscreams that fill the pegs everywhere I go. I love that recent Generations Voyagers are going for less than most of the Deluxes.

I did find a Whirl a little bit ago at TRU, he's a fun little guy but one of his arms is comically floppy. I'm undecided if I'm going to try to pull it apart and try to fix it or try to find a new one and return the flopster.

Wouldn't some of that pledge future shine do the trick?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Phy posted:

Pictures of MP Bumblebee and Magnus are up... Magnus is definitely not an MP10 cab, he just looks a hell of a lot like one in truck mode. But the cab does disconnect from the trailer! Weird.

You should really post pics when you talk about pics.

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

I'm not sure if this means he's a partsformer or not, I'm not that familiar with intricacies of transformation phases in transformers. Though the mid-transformation photo does seem to indicate that the cab itself is hollow to some extend.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

It can separate, but the cab doesn't have to detach for transformation so in that sense he isn't a partsformer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Edit: nevermind. Phone posting so hard to see pictures

MinionOfCthulhu fucked around with this message at 19:00 on May 15, 2014