Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
It sucks you have to summon some NPC's for boss fights to get their proper ending. I've spoken to Lucatiel in everywhere she's been so far but only summoned her for the Smelter Demon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Me realizing that you have to get through at least NG++ in order to get the pyromancies/miracles achievements: :negative:

Mondlicht
Oct 13, 2011

if history could set you free

Jose posted:

It sucks you have to summon some NPC's for boss fights to get their proper ending. I've spoken to Lucatiel in everywhere she's been so far but only summoned her for the Smelter Demon

I feel similarly, though I know I'm going to make a second character at some point so I'll at least be more aware of the necessity the second time around.

Also, new game problem. For some reason my camera floats upward by itself when I'm not moving (ie. using the analog sticks on my gamepad) until it sits directly above my head. It happens when I have no hands on any controls, or if I just stand there blocking and not moving the camera. It's.. really annoying.

edit: Unplugging my gamepad and plugging it back in fixed it. Now to get angry at other things in the game.

Mondlicht fucked around with this message at 16:41 on May 15, 2014

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
People in the Brotherhood of Blood arena are really bad at dealing with dual wielded Blue Flames. I don't even have them at +5 (or two castings of Crystal Magic Weapon, for that matter; I'm using Great Magic Weapon for the second sword.)

I don't have a 100% win rate, but I'm pretty remarkably successful. Looking forward to using these free Cracked Red Eye Orbs.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
You'd think if people hate invasions so much they'd stay in the Way of the Blue covenant. Not like the other covenants give you passive benefits for following them anyways. I mean sure the Arbiter Spirit that gets summoned might be worthless but its better than nothing.

Also are any of you responsible for this monstrosity?

Nekrews
Sep 14, 2007
Oh man, every time I sunbro at Mytha noone has drained the poison! Me and another sunbro just spent 4-5 mins spamming point and lighting fires at the windwill, and when the potato finally got the hint, he rank off the edge and died. :doh:

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Nekrews posted:

Oh man, every time I sunbro at Mytha noone has drained the poison! Me and another sunbro just spent 4-5 mins spamming point and lighting fires at the windwill, and when the potato finally got the hint, he rank off the edge and died. :doh:

When I co-op there I drop my sign down in the poison pool at the bottom of the stairs, if the host hasn't drained the poison I just jump off the edge and wait for another summon. Forget about trying to train a potato for 15 minutes for a single stone/token.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

o muerte posted:

for a single stone/token.

Man, that is not the point of Sunbroing. :v:

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
Watching a fellow sunbro try to explain the windmill to people while I just gently caress around with chameleon is hilarious

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

StashAugustine posted:

Postin cause if I have to have nightmares so does everyone else.

One of the things I like about this design is the "eyeless" variant in Brightstone who just emit gas from the holes where the gas sacks would be.

Nekrews
Sep 14, 2007
The highlight of the whole adventure was being invaded by the MANIKIN KING, which made me laugh so hard I died :(

On the plus side, Iron Keep sure is pretty on PC!

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Invading the Gutter is pretty fun. Its like all those times you played tag on the jungle gym as a kid, only over a bottomless pit.

o muerte posted:

When I co-op there I drop my sign down in the poison pool at the bottom of the stairs, if the host hasn't drained the poison I just jump off the edge and wait for another summon. Forget about trying to train a potato for 15 minutes for a single stone/token.

Being a sunbro is all about helping people. If you not gonna help guide the host to the windmill via gesture spam, then you shouldn't be trying to coop in Earthen Peak :colbert:

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!
I've been sunbroing Dragonrider and the amount of people who summon me, run all the way back to Ornstein and then are completely unable to handle him is staggering. :shepicide:

DRAGONRIDER IS REALLY EASY JUST LET ME GET MY SUNBUX

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Trilin posted:

I've been sunbroing Dragonrider and the amount of people who summon me, run all the way back to Ornstein and then are completely unable to handle him is staggering. :shepicide:

DRAGONRIDER IS REALLY EASY JUST LET ME GET MY SUNBUX

People are probably doing Dragonrider first, then taking his bonfire to Ol' Dragonslayer. Slightly easier path to him that way.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Still not even close to halfway through the game, I have 3 characters now and I can never decide which one I enjoy playing the most. I feel like I'm spending my life in transit.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

VisAbsoluta posted:

Me realizing that you have to get through at least NG++ in order to get the pyromancies/miracles achievements: :negative:

Yeah this part sucks NG+ was fun because it had new stuff, NG++ has been kind of boring and :effort: since my damage is starting to decrease. I don't think I'll end up completing it.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Attestant posted:

People are probably doing Dragonrider first, then taking his bonfire to Ol' Dragonslayer. Slightly easier path to him that way.

Or they're being like me and summoning people to help with the giant sword guys while exploring. I didn't know who was behind what fog door, I just wanted to map out the area first.

Though both bosses were really easy even solo (probably because I already did the whole forest and Bastille first). The enemies were more annoying with the whole ganging up on me and knocking me off the edge thing.

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Has anyone noticed an absolute plague of hackers since they disabled VAC last week? About 1 in 3 of the people I face in pvp right now are hacking infinite HP and stamina, I'd kill for a DSPW port to DS2.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Thanks!

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Raygereio posted:

Lucatiel:
Talk to Lucatiel in the following places:
- No-Man's Wharf: Right next to the Unseen Path to Heide bonfire
- Lost Bastille: In the tower, straight ahead from McDuff's Workshop
- Earthen Peak: Next to the Lower Earthen Peak bonfire
- Black Gulch: From the Black Gulch Mouth bonfire, head into Black Gulch while sticking close to the edge on the right. Before the first black pools, there's a ledge you can drop down to. You will probably need a light source to spot it.

When you talk to her a second time she'll give you a Human Effigy and the third time a Ring of Steel Protection +1. After talking to her all 4 times, she'll move to the Foregarden bonfire in Aldia's Keep. After talking to Lucatiel here, she'll disapear from the game.
Lucatiel can be summoned for the Flexile Sentry, Lost Sinner, Smelter Demon & Rotten. To get her "happy end", you need to summon her 3 times and beat the boss with Lucatiel surviving through the fight. You don't need to beat 3 different bosses, beating for example Flexile Sentry 3 times via Ascetics counts.
If you had 3 succesfull bossfights with her, she'll give you her sword & armour set when you talk to her at Aldia's Keep.

Thanks for this. I thought I was poo poo outta luck until I'm almost done with NG+ before I could get the Mirrah Greatsword. Now I got it and its pretty neat.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Internet Kraken posted:

Invading the Gutter is pretty fun. Its like all those times you played tag on the jungle gym as a kid, only over a bottomless pit.

Being a sunbro is all about helping people. If you not gonna help guide the host to the windmill via gesture spam, then you shouldn't be trying to coop in Earthen Peak :colbert:

Being a sunbro is all about waiting for the host to go to open a chest then casting life drain patch :c00lbutt:.

Cyberventurer
Jul 10, 2005

o muerte posted:

Has anyone noticed an absolute plague of hackers since they disabled VAC last week? About 1 in 3 of the people I face in pvp right now are hacking infinite HP and stamina, I'd kill for a DSPW port to DS2.

The fear of not knowing whether or not anything in-game would trigger VAC probably kept them in line. With it off, anything goes? :v:

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
Im pretty sure from my experience with ds2 hackers that their hp isn't really infinite.

The average hp of someone pvping is like 1400~ give or take 300.
The average hp of a hacker is like, 2,000,000. Its not infinite, you don't need a cliff. You just need to land like 1000 or so blows before they refresh their hp bar via their program.

Granted this may just be one type of hacking program, but hooray for possibilities!

cerebral
Oct 24, 2002

I just discovered that the statues in Drangleic Castle will come alive and attack you as a blue arbiter. By "discovered" I mean, "got spit-roasted" by.

TheNightReaver
Sep 7, 2011

Go fart with the angels.
I am guilty of doing this too...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXQd_PnaOgY&index=2&list=FLLfq0BOjIFgUvlP6Uyxp_OA

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

What the gently caress...

On a less weird note, I went to fight Vendrick last night and when I entered the area he started glowing red and fired some weird blood-fireball which I've never seen him do any other time, there seem to be a lot of moves that bosses have hidden away and use really rarely, like the Pursuers laser poo poo, or Covetus eating you.

a real rude dude fucked around with this message at 18:31 on May 15, 2014

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Well now I hate the Souls fandom, thanks.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Dark armor or get out. :colbert:

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
5x in a row I reset my female character's face and the second I mess with any of the sliders she gets a 5 o'clock shadow.

I just want to turn her green you stupid game! :argh:

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

StashAugustine posted:

I give her the Alonne set every time because I always have a million spares

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Drangleic cried out for a new king, one that would rule with wisdom and dignity.

Instead they got an anime princess, better luck next time Shanalotte :shrug:

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

The Gorp posted:

Im pretty sure from my experience with ds2 hackers that their hp isn't really infinite.

The average hp of someone pvping is like 1400~ give or take 300.
The average hp of a hacker is like, 2,000,000. Its not infinite, you don't need a cliff. You just need to land like 1000 or so blows before they refresh their hp bar via their program.

Granted this may just be one type of hacking program, but hooray for possibilities!

There are multiple ways you can have infinite hp. Just raising max HP to absurdly high levels is just the easiest way. It's a shame bleed isn't like dks, cause dks bleed could take out those guys.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

StashAugustine posted:

Erm actually it's thematically correct to give her the pyromancer armour from Dark Souls. :colbert:

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

I like to give her one of the Ironclad sets. It's a shame you can't give her a weapon too.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Here's the youtube for that 49:11 speedrun from yesterday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_Bx5TUpPRY

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012
This is the only correct outfit for Rosabeth. :colbert:

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

Raygereio posted:

This is the only correct outfit for Rosabeth. :colbert:

The darkest souls are when you make even buying from a merchant potentially fatal, good work.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

turtlecrunch posted:

Here's the youtube for that 49:11 speedrun from yesterday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_Bx5TUpPRY

Thank you for this! I thought there was a new way to skip shrine of winter though?
e: nvm, misread things.

extremebuff fucked around with this message at 18:57 on May 15, 2014

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

turtlecrunch posted:

5x in a row I reset my female character's face and the second I mess with any of the sliders she gets a 5 o'clock shadow.

I just want to turn her green you stupid game! :argh:

I messed with the lip colour of my character and her skin ended up bright red.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Bobnumerotres posted:

Thank you for this! I thought there was a new way to skip shrine of winter though?

There is. Go to 16:15 to see it. He also does a skip in dragon aerie and a skip to the giant lord bonfire but those are probably only really important if you are actually doing a speedrun.