Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Everyone else who had mirakuru had it for maybe a few weeks. Slade had it for five goddamn years. The crazy is bone-deep at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

quote:

Nah, he straight up said in last night's episode that it wasn't the mirakuru that made him hate Oliver.
This is probably true. He hated Oliver because Shado chose him over Slade and Slade was in love with her. He just was able to keep that jealousy in check until Oliver 'killed' her/let her die/whatever and Slade got the bug juice. Now he's had five years of Shado herself telling him how much he should hate Ollie for what he did to her/them.

And honestly, you'd hate Oliver too in the same situation. Spoiled little useless rich boy who has a history of cheating on every girl he's ever claimed to have loved (including with two SISTERS) and the woman you love falls for him too? I mean you can see that train wreck coming from a mile away.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Flash is gonna be on Tuesdays as the lead-in to Supernatural.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Spergatory posted:

Everyone else who had mirakuru had it for maybe a few weeks. Slade had it for five goddamn years. The crazy is bone-deep at this point.

He also had the pure thing. Everyone else got it secondhand.

zoux posted:

Flash is gonna be on Tuesdays as the lead-in to Supernatural.

Up against Agents of SHIELD, then.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Aphrodite posted:

Up against Agents of SHIELD, then.

This is probably going to be bad for AoS.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I'm sticking with AoS, Flash can be watched later on the DVR.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Agents of Shield is moved to 9/8 central next season actually.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

greatn posted:

Agents of Shield is moved to 9/8 central next season actually.

After that cool Mortal Kombat fatality in the last episode that might be good for it.

AbsolutelySane
Jul 2, 2012

WarLocke posted:

This is probably going to be bad for AoS.

AoS is moving time slots to 9pm next year, so it'll be up against Supernatural, not The Flash. In all seriousness, though, the CW really doesn't have enough viewership to seriously impact the major networks. The Flash is going to be going up against NCIS and The Voice, which really doesn't bode well for the show since those two are ratings juggernauts. The show's saving grace will be that its on the CW and they're not quite as hung up on ratings as the majors and their viewers are loyal. They really should group Arrow and Flash together, rather than put Flash in one of the worst possible slots to launch a show.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

AbsolutelySane posted:

AoS is moving time slots to 9pm next year, so it'll be up against Supernatural, not The Flash. In all seriousness, though, the CW really doesn't have enough viewership to seriously impact the major networks. The Flash is going to be going up against NCIS and The Voice, which really doesn't bode well for the show since those two are ratings juggernauts. The show's saving grace will be that its on the CW and they're not quite as hung up on ratings as the majors and their viewers are loyal. They really should group Arrow and Flash together, rather than put Flash in one of the worst possible slots to launch a show.

Well I was talking about the shows' shared fanbase (comic book nerds) but since they're not competing with each other it's not going to be a problem I guess.

I agree the CW should probably do an Arrow/Flash power bloc though, like Amellsdays but actually good.

Jackson Taus
Oct 19, 2011

VagueRant posted:

Also in the flashbacks, after all that, she just falls into the ocean again. I expected a betrayal or something, something that would add another dimension to her and Ollie's relationship and early tensions in the season.

The only reason Sarah was on the boat still and able to fall in the water is because Ollie decided to go back for Slade instead of leaving him on the boat that Anatoly was about to torpedo. Had they bailed when he got Sarah free, they'd have been safe on the sub when the torpedo went off, and spending their days sunbathing on the sub deck while Anatoly plotted a course for Mother Russia. That's the "if [Det Lance] knew how I thought Sarah really died he'd never forgive me" part.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Dexo posted:

Slade literally was living with the crazy for 5+ years. It became part of his character completely.

An Injection won't cure the crazy that someone has made part of their core character.

Well, Ollie shouldn't consider him much of a threat anyway, since apparently without the Mirakuru he's barely tough enough to keep his rear end from getting kicked regularly by a bunch of costumed teenagers.

Skunny Wundy
Jul 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/amellywood/status/466964915660816385

Barrowman's going to be a regular next season.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

This is awesome news. It also makes sense, given what just happened in last night's episode. Speaking of cast twitter posts, though, Manu Bennett posted this.

I hope I'm just reading too much into this and that Slade will still be around next season. :ohdear:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

King of Solomon posted:

This is awesome news. It also makes sense, given what just happened in last night's episode. Speaking of cast twitter posts, though, Manu Bennett posted this.

I hope I'm just reading too much into this and that Slade will still be around next season. :ohdear:

I bet he's the BIG REVEAL in the s3 finale.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

King of Solomon posted:

I assume that he will be back at some point, but not as a regular.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

bobkatt013 posted:

I assume that he will be back at some point, but not as a regular.

That's what I'm hoping, yeah. Slade is just such a good character that it would be a shame for the show to lose him.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

WarLocke posted:

Dos it make me a bad person that I was kind of disappointed in not getting another Harley teaser/cameo?

Yes, I think so. I really don't want to see her on this show.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

King of Solomon posted:

That's what I'm hoping, yeah. Slade is just such a good character that it would be a shame for the show to lose him.

He ends up taking over the prison and comes at Team Arrow with an army of prisoners, or he contacts Waller and Slade is a member of the suicide squad and they have to work together.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
God I don't want Manu to leave.

I'm pretty excited to have Barrowman back in the game, though. I

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Flash extended trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj0l7iGKh8g

Those fuckers did it, Reverse Flash :stare:
EDIT: AMELL!!! :flashfap::flashfap::flashfap::flashfap::flashfap::flashfap::flashfap:

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 17:29 on May 15, 2014

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

Keeping up foreign relations.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Flash extended trailer:

EDIT: AMELL!!! :flashfap::flashfap::flashfap::flashfap::flashfap::flashfap::flashfap:

Welp, I'm excited.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Flash extended trailer:

Guh..ffeerhnn..mmrrrg....fjjj...

Uhm, hey posters discussion knocking people out a couple of pages ago, about how hard would I have to hit myself in the head to be unconscious until the fall?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

zoux posted:

Guh..ffeerhnn..mmrrrg....fjjj...

Uhm, hey posters discussion knocking people out a couple of pages ago, about how hard would I have to hit myself in the head to be unconscious until the fall?

Get struck by lightning and fall into a batch of chemicals is probably your best bet.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Whether it was five years of crazy ingrained him by the Mirakuru or whether it was just a really lovely way to write the character (and betray his earlier roots) in the end - it was a less interesting story for it. I mean hell, you could have just had the effect be delayed so we still got the dual Ollie/Slade showdown. But imagine a scene where Slade finally regained his senses and was like old Slade again, and had to face what he had done and despair. (They even set it up with the Roy stuff - that seemed to be the only point of his rampage.)

Could've had him just break down and give up. Could've had him kill himself like one poster thought he might a few weeks ago. Could've had him decide to go off and be some crazy wandering antihero trying to atone for his sins or some other comic book poo poo. Anything would've been more interesting than just "I'M STILL REALLY VILLAINOUS AND INEXPLICABLY INSANE NOW AND I WILL YELL ABOUT REVENGE FROM MY CELL!"

Drifter posted:

He was batshit crazy and pissed off. He's about as unreliable a narrator as you can get. Also, I'm not sure ANYONE would have thought a loving arrow into your brain wouldn't be good enough. The ship was sinking and I doubt many people except neckbeards sitting on a sofa would think to 'kill' someone and then inject them with a miracle drug cure. A stick in your brain. Normally that's enough.
The point is that either way would have killed him so Ollie regretting the decision NOT to cure him and agonising over it was really dumb and pointless.

quote:

At some point you were really just nitpicking like you were eating rice one grain at a time.
I want this show to be as good as possible and it bummed me out that there was something glaringly irksome in just about every scene in this episode (except maybe for the Thea plot), especially after how the last few episodes have been so glaringly awesome and only had a few downsides. (And the previous season finale was the best one in a long period of television)

Like the scene where Det. Lance pointlessly shoots at the Deathstroker in the police department when he's frequently seen how that does not have an effect. And he doesn't do it as a diversionary tactic or while attempting to run. It's such a jarring step backwards considering we had him badassedly GRENADE one of them in a great scene last week. It's just weird.

WarLocke posted:

Dos it make me a bad person that I was kind of disappointed in not getting another Harley teaser/cameo?
Naw, me too. I had my eyes peeled when they were opening those cells.

Jackson Taus posted:

The only reason Sarah was on the boat still and able to fall in the water is because Ollie decided to go back for Slade instead of leaving him on the boat that Anatoly was about to torpedo. Had they bailed when he got Sarah free, they'd have been safe on the sub when the torpedo went off, and spending their days sunbathing on the sub deck while Anatoly plotted a course for Mother Russia.
I thought Ollie went back to the boat (because Sarah had been inexplicably captured by Slade offscreen - that was weird!) and they both just got caught by Slade?

On a massively unrelated note, I just remembered Ollie spoke some Chinese (Cantonese? Mandarin?) back in season 1 during the Huntress arc, didn't he? I guess Hong Kong explains that!

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Flash extended trailer:

Professor Zoom and Weather Wizard confirmed :suspense:

Also that 10-second score linked earlier and it is indeed heroic as gently caress :flashfap:

Still not sold on the goofy sidekick guy but I want to see them do actual super powered stuff and just run with it. Gonna be severely disappointed if the season 1 finale isn't the reveal of Gorilla Grodd (see he was a normal gorilla in Star City Zoo until the reactor blew and he got super-gorilla-evolved) :science:

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Ah, my post went right over the Flash trailer! I have no idea what to make of it. It looks like they're coming up with some cool uses of his powers, even if the CG was a little hit and miss. And aside from that, the overall look, palette and production values seem pretty good. God, I hope that show turns out well.

It is a bit weird that the trailer basically showed us the entire pilot down to how he's going to defeat that villain though...

VagueRant fucked around with this message at 17:48 on May 15, 2014

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

One thing that bothered me about the arrow finale was the tonal shift after they catch Slade. The first 3/4 were all dark and serious, then when they catch Slade it is all sunshine and rainbows, even though the city should be in ruins and I bet more people died compared to the earthquake machine. The boat scene was especially bad in this regard. Have fun with your assassin friends murdering people Sara - Det Lance moments before collapsing. Idk it just felt really dumb like Man of Steel where he goes to make out with Lois while there were probably thousands of people dying in the rubble. Just felt wrong.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Flash extended trailer:

That is hype as gently caress. :flashfap:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

One thing that bothered me about the arrow finale was the tonal shift after they catch Slade. The first 3/4 were all dark and serious, then when they catch Slade it is all sunshine and rainbows, even though the city should be in ruins and I bet more people died compared to the earthquake machine. The boat scene was especially bad in this regard. Have fun with your assassin friends murdering people Sara - Det Lance moments before collapsing. Idk it just felt really dumb like Man of Steel where he goes to make out with Lois while there were probably thousands of people dying in the rubble. Just felt wrong.

I'm kinda glad since the S1 finale was a mega downer. Good to see Ollie and Co. win for once.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

VagueRant posted:

Ah, my post went right over the Flash trailer! I have no idea what to make of it. It looks like they're coming up with some cool uses of his powers, even if the CG was a little hit and miss. And aside from that, the overall look, palette and production values seem pretty good. God, I hope that show turns out well.

It is a bit weird that the trailer basically showed us the entire pilot down to how he's going to defeat that villain though...

That's what upfront trailers do. They're not designed for us to see. They're designed for advertisers so usually they're a complete summary of the pilot.

Desht
Oct 21, 2008
I'm really excited for where Thea's story is going to go. She's pretty awesome. And also because Barrowman.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Flash extended trailer:

This is fantastic. :) Two nitpicks were the whole first episode being spoiled and I thought I heard someone calling him the blur which gave me horrible Smallville flashbacks. I'm super stoked for it though.

WarLocke posted:

Gonna be severely disappointed if the season 1 finale isn't the reveal of Gorilla Grodd (see he was a normal gorilla in Star City Zoo until the reactor blew and he got super-gorilla-evolved) :science:

God yes.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Uh I thought the CGI looked uniformly cool as hell???

King Burgundy posted:

This is fantastic. :) Two nitpicks were the whole first episode being spoiled and I thought I heard someone calling him the blur which gave me horrible Smallville flashbacks. I'm super stoked for it though.

Red Streak I think.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

zoux posted:

Uh I thought the CGI looked uniformly cool as hell???

Red Streak I think.

Ah, ok, that is a bit better but I'm glad it sounds like they are getting over that hump right away.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Holy loving poo poo that Flash trailer. This looks legitimately amazing. This. This is a comic book superhero TV show.

That dorky lab dude seems mildly annoying.

vvv - ab double.

edit: :sonia: Rocksicles, they straight up said he's not faster than a bullet. :smug:
He's juuuust shy of supersonic, if that 700mi/s is anything to go by.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 18:08 on May 15, 2014

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
The trailer also includes CW.gif.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Drifter posted:

edit: :sonia: Rocksicles, they straight up said he's not faster than a bullet. :smug:

To be fair that is exactly the sort of thing some rear end in a top hat would say in the plot juuuust before Barry runs faster than a bullet.

e: And of course the eternal question: Can the CW resist such an obvious musical cue as "The Ballad of Barry Allen" in the show itself, or would it be too on the nose even for them?

Mulva fucked around with this message at 18:16 on May 15, 2014

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Flash extended trailer:

Just... holy gently caress. :flashfap:
Holy gently caress.

:flashfap:

Pigbog
Apr 28, 2005

Unless that is Spider-man if Spider-man were a backyard wrestler or Kurt Cobain, your costume looks shitty.
Holy poo poo. :flashfap: :flashfap: :flashfap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Desht posted:

I'm really excited for where Thea's story is going to go. She's pretty awesome. And also because Barrowman.

Yeah, it sounds like since Barrowman is now a regular we're going to stick with Thea and she's not just going to vanish for a bit and then return later all changed.

It also makes sense to do a story arc with her since we no longer have Moira's subplots to follow. It opens up a little space in the plot.

• Locked thread