Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

Karmine posted:

I don't know why I ever listen to Les Thatcher talk about stuff but holy poo poo on this week's wrestling weekly he basically said "if Bryan wants to keep his wife safe from Kane he should leave her at home. Or if he has a bus lock her in there."

Like, gently caress dude :psyduck:

I dunno, that seems like a pretty good idea. If you don't want the psychopathic mask man trying to drag your wife awkwardly under the ring, don't bring her to the places that said psychopathic masked man works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Reaverbot posted:

I dunno, that seems like a pretty good idea. If you don't want the psychopathic mask man trying to drag your wife awkwardly under the ring, don't bring her to the places that said psychopathic masked man works.

But she works there too.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

flashy_mcflash posted:

But she works there too.

So do what well known sane person Randy Savage would do.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

bobkatt013 posted:

Name her Gorgeous George and hire Molly Holly and Madusa as back up?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

bobkatt013 posted:

Die?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

Name her Gorgeous George and hire Molly Holly and Madusa as back up?

D-Bry with a phalanx of lady valets and a theme song that kicks off with "WHAT UP DRAGON" is something I need very badly.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

flashy_mcflash posted:

D-Bry with a phalanx of lady valets and a theme song that kicks off with "WHAT UP DRAGON" is something I need very badly.

It's a shame Drag Race and Raw go head to head or we could hear WHAT UP DRAG and follow it up with the best crossover in history.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

It's a shame Drag Race and Raw go head to head or we could hear WHAT UP DRAG and follow it up with the best crossover in history.

RuPaul's too fierce for Kane.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

MassRafTer posted:

I... thought you were talking about a show about drag racing at first

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

triplexpac posted:

I... thought you were talking about a show about drag racing at first

Sorry, Bob Holly is no longer with the company.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

Sorry, Bob Holly is no longer with the company.

:thurman:

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

bobkatt013 posted:

Cocaine?

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Reaverbot posted:

I don't think you understand my objection.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Reaverbot posted:

BLAME THE VICTIM

ENOUGH WITH THE DRAGONSHAMING

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

oatgan posted:

Julie Uhrman actually convinced people to give her millions of dollars

So did Dixie. I mean it was her dad but still...

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

So is Dave Meltzer gonna do a line by line rebuttal of Eric Bishoff's latest Q&A session on Austin's podcast, or do you think he died from disbelief listening to it?

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Jerusalem posted:

So is Dave Meltzer gonna do a line by line rebuttal of Eric Bishoff's latest Q&A session on Austin's podcast, or do you think he died from disbelief listening to it?

Thanks I was wondering if I should bother

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Pisscast: HR Giger, who designed a microphone for Korn's Jonathan Davis one time, died today. If Giger could've designed one single iconic wrestling prop from wrestling history (.ie, Cornette's racket, Honky's guitar, etc) what should it be?

ExplodeYourself
Jan 19, 2006
My god, I just realized that last week's Pisscast was pretty my middle school self's dream show. Korn and wrestling were pretty much my two big things back then. Come to think of it, I think I still have a Korn shirt that I got in eighth grade.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

flashy_mcflash posted:

Pisscast: HR Giger, who designed a microphone for Korn's Jonathan Davis one time, died today. If Giger could've designed one single iconic wrestling prop from wrestling history (.ie, Cornette's racket, Honky's guitar, etc) what should it be?

THAT DARKNESS FALLS WEAPON

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Devcast 11: RIP Asparagus

A US and Tag Team Champion, Asparagus was a beloved dog that we will never forget for all of his accomplishments. He supported his friend, Daniel Bryan, when he needed him the most even buying his bad t-shirts. Thank you, Asparagus, for all of the work you've done and rest in piece, sweet pup. Oh yeah we talked about wrestling too.

RSS Feed
Nuts
Blah
Sex

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

MassRafTer posted:

Punchcast: Please just talk about Black Reign and THAT DARKNESS FALLS WEAPON for a bit on the next show. Thanks.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Daniel Bryan interview with Jericho is pretty good. Just two dudes who share the same passion discussing wrestling. Also tells us that we narrowly missed out on The Tag Team featuring The Brian Kendrick with The Bryan Danielson. Kendrick was released just before Bryan got signed.

Daniel Bryan fucked around with this message at 01:16 on May 15, 2014

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
No Ten Count this week. I know, you're all sad. I'm going to be spending Friday and Saturday night at HulkaMatt's house in advance and then the aftermath of the ROH show, so we'll probably do something then. No promises!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Daniel Bryan posted:

Daniel Bryan interview with Jericho is pretty good. Just two dudes who share the same passion discussing wrestling. Also tells us that we narrowly missed out on The Tag Team featuring The Brian Kendrick with The Bryan Danielson. Kendrick was released just before Bryan got signed.

I'm glad things worked out for Danielson, but man that sounds fun and I wish it'd happened.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Daniel Bryan posted:

Daniel Bryan interview with Jericho is pretty good.

Just started listening and found it rather ominous that WWE has started giving personality tests to their top guys, as I can only imagine they're trying to create an ideal profile for a "top star" that they'll then apply to new recruits, discarding any who don't fit their preset notions.

Though to be fair, Bryan scoring 0% in the "lust for power" category is probably going to skew their results somewhat :laugh:

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
All stuff like that is basically nonsense. I guess in their heads it can be like them thinking "Oh well they don't want it enough" when all that matters is what people want to cheer for and pay to see.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Daniel Bryan posted:

All stuff like that is basically nonsense.

I agree, but it's also the type of thing Corporate Types like to put a lot of stock in.

"Well this kid seems to be getting good cheers, but let's not push him because he only ranks a 7/10 on the Success-o-Meter."

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

MassRafTer posted:

Thank god he didn't hit him with the other side, Mike!!!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Dave got more excited talking about Leo Nomellini than I've heard him get in years.

Edit: "Do I have the St. Louis record book on the floor? I do."

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 10:04 on May 15, 2014

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

Dave got more excited talking about Leo Nomellini than I've heard him get in years.

Edit: "Do I have the St. Louis record book on the floor? I do."

I dunno he got pretty excited talking about Kevin Sullivan's thighs

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Just started listening and found it rather ominous that WWE has started giving personality tests to their top guys, as I can only imagine they're trying to create an ideal profile for a "top star" that they'll then apply to new recruits, discarding any who don't fit their preset notions.

I think it's more like the kind of things big corporations do to make some middle manager in HR feel useful. Still I found it funny that the guy who put in so much time on the road, sleeping on floors, etc to wrestle in front of a handful of people for pennies is lacking in ambition.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
I guess it was surprising to me that WWE has given up on Big E. I loved how Mike's description of midcard hell was "basically Dolph Ziggler"

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

"I don't believe that Bill Watts was racist. I mean he said a lot of racist things but"

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Daniel Bryan posted:

I guess it was surprising to me that WWE has given up on Big E. I loved how Mike's description of midcard hell was "basically Dolph Ziggler"

WWE Booking Committee Steps to Success:
1. New guy debuts, feature him on TV
2. Have him beat some people
3. Give him his first shirt
4. Put a mid-card belt on him
5. Make him lose every single week on TV
6. He's not over? gently caress this guy he sucks
7. Repeat

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

whenever dave goes on a long tirade about the stupidity of WCW it's always beautiful

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Cardboard Box posted:

whenever dave goes on a long tirade about the stupidity of WCW it's always beautiful

And then at the end of it all, Dave just sighs and says "Well, it was WCW and they went out of business."

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Daniel Bryan posted:

Yeah I wonder what happened with Big E. Only thing I can think of is that period of time when he kept busting guys lips up with his running charges? Getting a rep of not being safe or "not knowing how to work" can be a pretty quick death to your career in WWE.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
I'm disappointed that they're calling it "mini sin limite" instead of "Wrestling Observer Con Limite." Am I the only one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

triplexpac posted:

Yeah I wonder what happened with Big E. Only thing I can think of is that period of time when he kept busting guys lips up with his running charges? Getting a rep of not being safe or "not knowing how to work" can be a pretty quick death to your career in WWE.

he stopped being Cena's lifting buddy, Cesaro is now. Although supposedly Cena really wants to work with Big E, so he'll probably be facing him at SS or beyond.

• Locked thread