Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Hey do you want a CW upfront thread as well? They only have four new series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

GreenNight posted:

I might be one of the few who really like the movie Constantine, so I am even more pumped for the show.

loving Fridays though? Sent to die imo.

Catching up with the thread, but I like the movie as well. Which is weird, because I don't have much hope for the show. Constantine (Hellblazer) works because it is firmly set in one little grubby section of London, within a particularily dark portion of history, showcasing a beaten, neer-do-well scouser trying to survive in a hosed up gothic near apocalypticly magical landscape. Its so comic book it hurts. Transporting it to America, with a cast that needs to be there every week (instead of being betrayed or killed on a regular basis, largely due to Constantine's fault) seems like a weak version of what I know and love.

I suppose I like the movie because it didn't hold anything back and the crazy good effects, something a TV show would have a hard time replicating.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't go back to sleep so I watched some of Las Vegas on TNT and that show pretty much sucks but someone needs to make a show where Josh Duhamel and James Leasure do cool poo poo together because they were the only part of that show that worked and they owned together.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

EL BROMANCE posted:

Do the people who like the TV show also like the film? I thought it was gash of the highest proportion, but if the show is far better I might give it a watch sometime.
I liked the film but they're definitely different in tone. The film was a lot more heartfelt and sad and the show rarely reaches the same level because the show is usually hilarious.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
Does anyone have the links to last year's upfront threads? I'd like to see the reactions with the benefit of hindsight.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

JohnSherman posted:

Does anyone have the links to last year's upfront threads? I'd like to see the reactions with the benefit of hindsight.

Unfortunately archives are down and have been for a while. Not sure what's up with that but it means that those old threads aren't currently accessible.

I do remember a few people correctly nailing how completely garbage The Blacklist would be. I actually thought it looked decent but wow was I wrong.

E: In checking to see if Archives were still down I seem to have locked myself out of being able to browse the forums through any method other than bookmarks. This is hilarious.

Regy Rusty fucked around with this message at 17:34 on May 15, 2014

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

God, if arrow just bit the bullet and submitted itself as a comedy, it would win all the awards. The dialogue alone is loving comedy gold.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Unintentionally, right? Because that's one of the reasons why I haven't caught up with the show.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Speaking of superhero shows:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj0l7iGKh8g

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Regy Rusty posted:

E: In checking to see if Archives were still down I seem to have locked myself out of being able to browse the forums through any method other than bookmarks. This is hilarious.

This happened to me the other day. Log out and back in, or restart your browser.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Shageletic posted:

Unintentionally, right? Because that's one of the reasons why I haven't caught up with the show.

I'm pretty sure it's self aware. At least I hope so.

eidt: OMG I'm creasing up here, just got to the bit with the bag full of blue crystal meth, yeah this show is taking the piss and it knows it.

Cactus fucked around with this message at 17:47 on May 15, 2014

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Holy gently caress holy gently caress I saw this while having lunch at a deli and I had to actively try not to make a scene this is going to own cheesy dialogue and all holy holy gently caress

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

DivisionPost posted:

Holy gently caress holy gently caress I saw this while having lunch at a deli and I had to actively try not to make a scene this is going to own cheesy dialogue and all holy holy gently caress

Gustin is going to own as the Flash.

Sumo
Jun 17, 2005

Looks cheesetastic but that trailer was more fun than the handful of Agents of SHIELD episodes that I've seen.

Is Arrow Season 2 anywhere? Or do I have to wait for it to show up on Netflix later this year?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Sumo posted:

Looks cheesetastic but that trailer was more fun than the handful of Agents of SHIELD episodes that I've seen.

Is Arrow Season 2 anywhere? Or do I have to wait for it to show up on Netflix later this year?

You must wait, which sucks because s2 owned back to front. Maybe set yer DVR next time!!!

Sumo
Jun 17, 2005

zoux posted:

You must wait, which sucks because s2 owned back to front. Maybe set yer DVR next time!!!

Dammit zuu I didn't start watching it until now. >:|

I should be On Demand because I Demand it!

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

zoux posted:

Gustin is going to own as the Flash.

And his support team is also on point; Tom Cavanaugh in particular looks like he's having the time of his life as the Archangel to Gustin's Stringfellow Hawke. I can't wait to see more of their rapport.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

I'm still crossing my fingers that The Flash will have Barry's inner monologue. Flash Facts were always my favorite part of the comic and I think the actor playing Barry has the chops to pull it off.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

sportsgenius86 posted:

I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't go back to sleep so I watched some of Las Vegas on TNT and that show pretty much sucks but someone needs to make a show where Josh Duhamel and James Leasure do cool poo poo together because they were the only part of that show that worked and they owned together.

James Caan was pretty good in it, and there was an episode with Ricky Jay because of course there was.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

zoux posted:

Hey do you want a CW upfront thread as well? They only have four new series.

Please just skip ahead and make a Flash thread.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Dead Snoopy posted:

Please just skip ahead and make a Flash thread.

No, don't need one of those yet. Maybe in September.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Sumo posted:

The CW has it on their website, they put episodes up for streaming the day after they air. Dunno if they keep the whole season up though.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

raditts posted:

The CW has it on their website, they put episodes up for streaming the day after they air. Dunno if they keep the whole season up though.

Just the last six. Hulu+ just has the last five. Don't know how that could possibly make a difference to keep people from watching your show legally with ads rather than having to resort to piracy if you want to see it but there you go media industry.

Though Arrow s2 is only 30 bucks on iTunes which is a pretty good deal for 23 eps!

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Speaking of CW shows, here's another thing they're airing this fall. For some reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJLsrWW0HPo

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

hcreight posted:

Speaking of CW shows, here's another thing they're airing this fall. For some reason.

Uh.

Uh.

:wtc:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

hcreight posted:

Hmm this seems like a familiar story somehow....

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm not sure how much conflict there can be on the show after she sues her doctor for millions of dollars.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

muscles like this? posted:

I'm not sure how much conflict there can be on the show after she sues her doctor for millions of dollars.

Pretty sure millions is understating it. Hundreds of Millions is probably a bit closer. That Hospital would be fuuuucked.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I mean, how the gently caress does that even happen?

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Oh I'm accidentally pregnant through literally no fault of my own, if only there was some sort of procedure to reverse this problem

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

E PLURIBUS ANUS posted:

Oh I'm accidentally pregnant through no literal fault of my own, if only there was some sort of procedure to reverse this problem

Whoops I'm Catholic.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

zoux posted:

Whoops I'm Catholic.

Well better listen to my stereotypically ethnic grandmother yeah let me ruin my life and prospects over an accident which nobody on this earth that I am romantically or professionally interested in will believe for a second

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

E PLURIBUS ANUS posted:

Well better listen to my stereotypically ethnic grandmother yeah let me ruin my life and prospects over an accident which nobody on this earth that I am romantically or professionally interested in will believe for a second

Just like the time I got gonorrhea from a tractor seat and was so shocked I slipped and fell and the cucumber went all the way up my butt :negative:

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

E PLURIBUS ANUS posted:

Again, there's no way this wouldn't end in the malpractice suit to end all malpractice suits IRL. I am curious to see how this show decides to "solve" this problem.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

muscles like this? posted:

Yeah, that's a doctor who will never be employed again.

hcreight posted:

Again, there's no way this wouldn't end in the malpractice suit to end all malpractice suits IRL. I am curious to see how this show decides to "solve" this problem.

By ignoring it completely because the miracle of birth and the joy of motherhood or whatever. Duh.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

hcreight posted:

Spoiler: it won't

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

zoux posted:

I mean, how the gently caress does that even happen?

I'm curious about this myself, like what are the circumstances that would lead to an "accidental artificial insemination." What are the thought processes that lead to something like that existing?

I bet the show will go full retard and make that doctor a recurring character that the main character keeps on going to for appointments.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

raditts posted:

I'm curious about this myself, like what are the circumstances that would lead to an "accidental artificial insemination." What are the thought processes that lead to something like that existing?

I bet the show will go full retard and make that doctor a recurring character that the main character keeps on going to for appointments.

I guess it could be a thing where they got the charts mixed up and did the wrong procedure to a person but I'd assume you might say something the if the doc started to do something as invasive as IVF to you all of a sudden.

It'd be cool if they just completely ignored the science of it, like some hapless intern's all carrying around some sperm samples and trips and UH OH... SOOORRRRYYYY.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The thing I read basically had it as the main character goes in for something and the person who was supposed to be artificially inseminated was in the room next door.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

To be fair I read that an estimated 10% of surgeries end with foreign objects left in the person (most often calipers) so it's not THAT unbelievable that they'd accidentally impregnate someone

Anyways my main beef is how her child is technically a product of rape and nobody on the planet would be against her getting an abortion just like how every pro-life dumbass looks super uncomfortable and stammers whenever rape pregnancies are brought up to them

• Locked thread