Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Kass' strategy of trying to get Tony unhinged at Tribal is a sound one, the problem is that she's such an outright bitch in the process that she's actually making Tony more endearing because he's making fun of someone they all loathe so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

sportsgenius86 posted:

Kass' strategy of trying to get Tony unhinged at Tribal is a sound one, the problem is that she's such an outright bitch in the process that she's actually making Tony more endearing because he's making fun of someone they all loathe so much.

It would actually work pretty well if it weren't for the fact that the jury all know her for what she is. If they only had tribal to go off it would make Tony look like an idiot instead of a hero.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

sportsgenius86 posted:

One of Kass's biggest flaws, besides the having no self awareness thing, is not being able to keep her mouth shut ever. She's probably been the cause of every single non Lindsey drama flare up all season, going all the way back to being the one that was dumb enough to tell J'Tia that she was getting voted out.

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Sartre and Russell are my heroes
New finale preview!:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJv1WEY4b_U

3 tribal councils = final 2 confirmed?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

JesusSinfulHands posted:

Yep. Excellent.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

I can be framed easier than Whistler's Mother

JesusSinfulHands posted:

New finale preview!:

Thank god!

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Does that change whether or not Tony's remaining idol can be used once more or not?

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways
Now my dream of Spencer VS Tony at FTC might come true.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Ugh. We're going to end up with a Woo/Kass final two aren't we? Really not happy with a final two in this spot.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

JesusSinfulHands posted:

New finale preview!:

Maybe they are... counting the final vote reveal as a tribal? But probably not. Kass vs. Woo final two.

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013

Curtis of Nigeria posted:

Does Trish know that Tony didn't vote Kass? The announced results were 3-1, leaving one vote undisclosed, right?

From Ponderosa video: She didn't realize Tony voted for her but the whole jury did and told her right away that Tony flipped on her

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

JesusSinfulHands posted:

New finale preview!:

Would explain why they show Jeff coming in on a boat in the preview of last nights episode. He's probably going to tell them right away that There's going to be a final 2

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I wonder if this was planned or if they just called an audible after Lindsay quit because they didn't have any double eliminations planned.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

I can be framed easier than Whistler's Mother

IcePhoenix posted:

I wonder if this was planned or if they just called an audible after Lindsay quit because they didn't have any double eliminations planned.

Clearly the producers are doing everything they can to stop Tony from winning. :v:

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Odds of winning:

Spencer 60%
Tony 35%
Woo 5%
Kass 0%

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot

E PLURIBUS ANUS posted:

Odds of winning:

Spencer 60%
Tony 35%
Woo 5%
Kass 0%

Woo 100% because Spencer and tony will probably get voted off.

christ

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Too high for Spencer, too low for Woo. Gotta get to the final tribal in order to have a chance of winning - the F4 evictee is 50% Spencer, 50% Tony and pretty much depends entirely on immunity unless Tony actually convinces people that he can still use the TPI. Also Kass actually has a shot if she's against Tony and he self-destructs, or Woo if nobody respects his gameplay.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I'm calling Spencer goes on an immunity run and takes Kass to the F2 where he steamrolls her.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

IcePhoenix posted:

Tyler Perry told them to do it.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Poque posted:

Too high for Spencer, too low for Woo. Gotta get to the final tribal in order to have a chance of winning - the F4 evictee is 50% Spencer, 50% Tony and pretty much depends entirely on immunity unless Tony actually convinces people that he can still use the TPI. Also Kass actually has a shot if she's against Tony and he self-destructs, or Woo if nobody respects his gameplay.
I really don't think Kass has a shot even in either of those circumstances. But this is where goats become really dangerous. If Tony loses in the final three challenge, his opponent might rather bring Kass than bring him, unless everyone is really sure he's alienated the jury. Even in the final four, if Spencer just won immunity, they might want to boot Tony if he doesn't trick them into thinking they can't. Meanwhile Spencer's only chance is to win both of the next two immunity challenges, but I'd say he has decent odds of that.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Even if he loses I could easily see him convincing tony to out woo or Kass, since he hates Kass and already wants to out woo

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Since it seems we've given up on spoilering it (which is okay since it's so crucial to our final week of discussion) I'll share my thoughts: the one goddamn season where a final three would probably be better, and they go to F2.

Here's what I hope happens (but I know won't). Tony and Spencer realize that Woo and Kass would want to get rid of BOTH of them, so they team up and the two strongest players go to the final together.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

Poque posted:

I don't think kass can win, even if Woo (the weakest possible finalist) literally paints himself in poo poo for FTC.

Just my opinion. :)

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO
I just want Woo to pee on someone's rug

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Hey so

(~~wondrous~~ casting rumour for next season)

It seems like a lock that we're getting an all-newbie BvW season. And rumour has Queen Rachel Reilly making her Survivor debut, though it's not clear if she'd be with Brendon or Elissa.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

blue squares posted:

Here's what I hope happens (but I know won't). Tony and Spencer realize that Woo and Kass would want to get rid of BOTH of them, so they team up and the two strongest players go to the final together.

I'd also like to see this, but it'll never happen.

At least one of Kass and Woo is going to FTC and will almost definitely get second place.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Pinterest Mom posted:

Hey so

It seems like a lock that we're getting an all-newbie BvW season. And rumour has Queen Rachel Reilly making her Survivor debut, though it's not clear if she'd be with Brendon or Elissa.

My progression reading this post.

:dance:

:what:

:gonk:

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

God a woo v. Kass final two would be the biggest disappointment

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Pinterest Mom posted:

And rumour has Queen Rachel Reilly making her Survivor debut, though it's not clear if she'd be with Brendon or Elissa.

Ugggggh

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

Pinterest Mom posted:

Hey so

Amazing news. D

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO

Pinterest Mom posted:

Hey so

No. No. NO.

on one hand that would be HORRIBLE. On the other hand, it would be fun watching her suffer.

eta:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZFyogPEYOE

paperchaseguy fucked around with this message at 21:34 on May 15, 2014

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Pinterest Mom posted:

Hey so

First boot right there.

But a final 2 for this season is rather interesting and will be a casestudy why final2 suck. The person that wins the last immunity challenge will win the game in 99% of cases (1% being Kass wins the challenge, takes Tony, which would be the best outcome ever). In my opinion this gives the last challenge far to much of an impact on the overall game

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

paperchaseguy posted:

No. No. NO.

on one hand that would be HORRIBLE. On the other hand, it would be fun watching her suffer.

She would quit within the first week. WHY IS EVERYONE SO MEAN TO ME?!?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Pinterest Mom posted:

Hey so

Who do I have to blow to get this canceled

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

GaussianCopula posted:

But a final 2 for this season is rather interesting and will be a casestudy why final2 suck. The person that wins the last immunity challenge will win the game in 99% of cases

This isn't even true! There have been 14 seasons with a final 2.

S1: Kelly wins final challenge, loses game
S2: Colby wins final challenge, loses game
S3: Kim wins final challenge, loses game
S4: Neleh wins final challenge, loses game
S5: Brian wins final challenge, wins game
S6: Jenna wins final challenge, wins game
S7: Lil wins final challenge, loses game
S8: Rob wins final challenge, loses game, ~finds love~
S9: Chris wins final challenge, wins game
S10: Tom wins final challenge, wins game
S11: Danni wins final challenge, wins game
S12: Danielle wins final challenge, loses game
S16: Amanda wins final challenge, loses game
S19: J.T. wins final challenge, wins game

The winner of the final immunity has won 6 times, lost 8 times.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

GaussianCopula posted:

First boot right there.

But a final 2 for this season is rather interesting and will be a casestudy why final2 suck. The person that wins the last immunity challenge will win the game in 99% of cases (1% being Kass wins the challenge, takes Tony, which would be the best outcome ever). In my opinion this gives the last challenge far to much of an impact on the overall game

Final 2s don't suck because the winner of final immunity wins the game (just off the top of my head pearl islands and Micronesia buck that trend), it's that it makes lugging the goat too powerful

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Remember lil? gently caress lil

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
I can't be the only one who noticed we didn't have a loved one visit episode.

Budget keeps shrinking apparently.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Assuming we do end up with a final 2, can anyone make an argument for Woo to win except for being not-Kass? What has he done in the game aside from try (and fail) to steal Spencer's idol? He hasn't been particularly challenge-dominant or socially adept, at least from what we've been shown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Adus posted:

I can't be the only one who noticed we didn't have a loved one visit episode.

Budget keeps shrinking apparently.

Good, I hate loved one visit episodes (just like I hate the walk of fallen heroes)

• Locked thread