Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

raditts posted:

I'm curious about this myself, like what are the circumstances that would lead to an "accidental artificial insemination." What are the thought processes that lead to something like that existing?

I bet the show will go full retard and make that doctor a recurring character that the main character keeps on going to for appointments.

The doctor becomes her best friend because after one, maybe two episodes she decides having a baby would be totally awesome and this is a gift from God or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

If you're a virgin and were in for a gyno exam and your doc inserted a tube into your cooter and squirted some stuff up...there would it be that hard to believe that it's just part of the regular exam especially considering the medieval poo poo they currently use during a gyno exam

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

E PLURIBUS ANUS posted:

Anyways my main beef is how her child is technically a product of rape and nobody on the planet would be against her getting an abortion just like how every pro-life dumbass looks super uncomfortable and stammers whenever rape pregnancies are brought up to them

About half of the planet would be against an abortion in this case.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
I love all the guys getting upset at this show when being blamelessly pregnant is the wet dream of every young girl on the planet.

muscles like this? posted:

The thing I read basically had it as the main character goes in for something and the person who was supposed to be artificially inseminated was in the room next door.

That's why they tell you to write "DO NOT INSEMINATE" on your oval office before a gyno exam.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Irish Joe posted:

I love all the guys getting upset at this show when being blamelessly pregnant is the wet dream of every young girl on the planet.

Whew, almost made a serious post then looked at the username.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

E PLURIBUS ANUS posted:

To be fair I read that an estimated 10% of surgeries end with foreign objects left in the person (most often calipers) so it's not THAT unbelievable that they'd accidentally impregnate someone

Anyways my main beef is how her child is technically a product of rape and nobody on the planet would be against her getting an abortion just like how every pro-life dumbass looks super uncomfortable and stammers whenever rape pregnancies are brought up to them

But the female body has ways of shutting all that down!

E PLURIBUS ANUS posted:

To be fair I read that an estimated 10% of surgeries end with foreign objects left in the person (most often calipers) so it's not THAT unbelievable that they'd accidentally impregnate someone

As far as medical blunders go, comparing the two of those is like apples and dinosaurs. It's not like they put you under for routine gyno exams.

E PLURIBUS ANUS posted:

If you're a virgin and were in for a gyno exam and your doc inserted a tube into your cooter and squirted some stuff up...there would it be that hard to believe that it's just part of the regular exam especially considering the medieval poo poo they currently use during a gyno exam

Maybe I'm making crazy assumptions here being a guy and all, but I'm gonna say by the time you're in your mid-20s, unless you've literally never seen a doctor before, then yes, it is that loving hard to believe.

raditts fucked around with this message at 21:43 on May 15, 2014

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
I learned from the comments section that the show is a remake of a Venezuelan telenovela from 2002. But I guess some credit goes to Jane the Virgin for making their version slightly less creepy, because in the original the girl is only 17. :suicide:

According to the PR info here she's 23.
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

hcreight fucked around with this message at 21:53 on May 15, 2014

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

She looks like a high schooler? To me I thought she was like 16 at her first exam

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Josh Lyman posted:

Spoiler: it won't

Cliffhanger Series Finale at Planned Parenthood

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

It's a goofy loving comedy guys. Calm down. Jesus. Just don't watch it and move on.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Doesn't sound like it has much loving at all actually

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Huh. Okay. Definitely a bit goofier than Arrow. In fact, Ollie's appearance in the trailer is pretty much the corniest dialogue that's come out of Steven Amell's mouth yet.

Though I now kinda hope that every episode of Flash ends with Ollie showing up, giving a really cheesy mentor speech, and then sideflipping off the roof of the building they're on.

The villain apparently summoning hurricanes through the power of angst is a little weak, too.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Weather Wizard is a thing man.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
This week's episode of Fargo has a rabbi literally call Lorne Malvo the devil, so :laffo: at all the people who were making fun of people for making that connection in the first episode.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

There should be a Flash-Jane The Virgin crossover where we find out he just knocked her up real quick and she didn't know.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

sportsgenius86 posted:

There should be a Flash-Jane The Virgin crossover where we find out he just knocked her up real quick and she didn't know.

Too bad Smallville's gone.
"Faster than a speeding bullet"

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

...of SCIENCE! posted:

This week's episode of Fargo has a rabbi literally call Lorne Malvo the devil, so :laffo: at all the people who were making fun of people for making that connection in the first episode.

Man do you just post here to vent about that goofy theory? Thats the strangest posting angle.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

...of SCIENCE! posted:

The devil doesn't exist in Jewish mythology. Just because he was a rabbi doesn't mean his colloquialisms regarding the devil must be literal.

CPFortest
Jun 2, 2009

Did you not pour me out like milk, and curdle me like cheese?

scary ghost dog posted:

The devil doesn't exist in Jewish mythology.

Yeah, Satan was actually a term or a title to be referred to, not an actual person. There are some books in the Old Testament that refer in a devil-like figure, but pretty much all of them are deuterocanonical (Bible speak for non-canon).

The fact that they used a Rabbi to say that on Fargo is beyond hilarious though.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

CPFortest posted:

Yeah, Satan was actually a term or a title to be referred to, not an actual person. There are some books in the Old Testament that refer in a devil-like figure, but pretty much all of them are deuterocanonical (Bible speak for non-canon).

The fact that they used a Rabbi to say that on Fargo is beyond hilarious though.

Also, Satan in Judaism is a symbol of temptation, not evil.

CPFortest
Jun 2, 2009

Did you not pour me out like milk, and curdle me like cheese?
Yeah, the literal translation from Hebrew would be Ha-Satan (The Satan). In fact, when people say that the Devil appears in the book of Job, they're actually referring to an angel who is high up in the hierarchy of angels and functions as a prosecutor, someone who tempts mankind and who tells Yahweh when his commands are ignored.

So anyways, Community cancelled, that kinda sucks.

CPFortest fucked around with this message at 02:19 on May 16, 2014

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

So there's no thread for Catfish, unfortunately, but this poo poo is consistently hilarious. On tonight's episode, this dude's cousin wrote in and she was concerned about her cousin potentially getting catfished by this guy Tony, so Nev and Max try to hunt this guy Tony down and they end up with 3 different addresses and they check each one out and they're all dead ends. So finally, at the last address (which is an abandoned house), when they check it out and see that there's nobody there, the cousin admits that she was the catfish because she was trying to get revenge on her cousin for saying some poo poo to her years ago. So basically the entire episode was Nev and Max wasting their time :lol:

Watching the rerun of this now, this episode is bizarre as poo poo. I had no idea those 976 party lines still even existed!

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

How long until the crossover with Big Bang Theory so that Sheldon can meet Flash? :v:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

raditts posted:

Watching the rerun of this now, this episode is bizarre as poo poo. I had no idea those 976 party lines still even existed!
I finally made a thread for the show because no one else had so far and I want a place to talk about it: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3634719

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I've been rewatching Farscape lately and I just wanted to remind you guys that it is a very good show that doesn't get the love it deserves.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Hey, you. Why aren't you watching Penny Dreadful? Cause you should be.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

precision posted:

I try to avoid all things containing Josh Harnetts. Plus it looks pretty bad.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Penny Dreadful is pretty awesome and Hartnett starts off with a mustache disguising his mustache. The rest of the cast is great, Eva Greene and Timothy Dalton.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

precision posted:

My Dad loves horror set in turn-of-the-century England and has a healthy respect for the monsters of old. I can't wait for him to see this; that last scene in particular is such an awesome representation/reveal of the Frankenstein story.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

How does one even watch shows on Showtime???

e: oh wait TWC has finally graciously permitted its customers to watch TV they already pay for on their computers, maybe I'll have to resub...

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

precision posted:

It kind of looks like the RPG Deadlands, but set in England...

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I would be more excited if Penny Dreadful aired on FX, or HBO, BBC or NBC. Anything but Showtime.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

You're just still sore over Dexter.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Mostly Homeland and Weeds. I stopped watching Dexter when Doakes died a long time ago so I never watched the REALLY lovely episodes.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007
Penny Dreadful is much better than I thought it was going to be. Hartnett has barely been in it for the first two episodes so his awfulness has been minimized.

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer
If you haven't seen Timothy Dalton's AV Club interview....well, now you have no excuse.

He seems absolutely lovely. :allears: I'll watch Penny Dreadful just for him.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Rabbit Hill posted:

If you haven't seen Timothy Dalton's AV Club interview....well, now you have no excuse.

He seems absolutely lovely. :allears: I'll watch Penny Dreadful just for him.

Random Roles is a great feature in general, but yeah Dalton seems hilarious.

CBS says they are NOT talking to Joel McHale about the Late Late Show.

zoux fucked around with this message at 16:42 on May 16, 2014

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

zoux posted:

CBS says they are NOT talking to Joel McHale about the Late Late Show.

According to source Colin Quinn.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Mu Zeta posted:

I would be more excited if Penny Dreadful aired on FX, or HBO, BBC or NBC. Anything but Showtime.
Well if it does just okay and not gangbusters ... it could be like Shameless, going into it's fifth season and not a terrible pile of poo poo because the execs decided to mess with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

zoux posted:

Random Roles is a great feature in general, but yeah Dalton seems hilarious.

Do yourself a favor and check out Xander Berkley's piece too. His story about Super Force is a classic.

• Locked thread