Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

We didn't have alliance names for macro purposes, so this will have to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBB2bPwKWVg

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.

Your Personal Muse posted:

Pretty well. It'll make it more amazing when one of us wins.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Asiina posted:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Hello from my brother's percussion band concert to say

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

That's a really fukken cute dog :3:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Good to see you reppin our tribe Andy

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I rep all cute dogs anywhere

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

bowmore posted:

Good to see you reppin our tribe Andy

CapnAndy posted:

That's a really fukken cute dog :3:

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Asiina posted:

Haha that video, are you kidding me? :lol:

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Here, I fixed it for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sULApw8TZ5A

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Oh hell yes.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Alright that is now the official link to that video.

All other links are dead to me!

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

:hf:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Tribal Council 3

De Tribe, Welcome to Tribal Council. Here, you have to answer for the actions you've taken in this game. Tonight is where one of you will be voted out. This is the last place you want to find yourself in this game. Being at Tribal Council puts you at risk of going home, and a spot further away from the $75 grand prize. During Tribal Council, you are NOT allowed to communicate outside of the thread by any means. No PMing eachother, no communicating in external docs, all talking occurs inside this thread. You can talk outside of answering the questions, but it must all be contained in this thread while Tribal Council is going on. Similarly, I ask that players who are not part of the tribe attending Tribal Council to refrain from posting while it's going on.

As is tradition with Tribal Council, we have some questions, submitted by players not attending tonight and from those in the viewer's vista. You must answer the questions asked to you in this thread before you're allowed to cast a vote. I will open voting at 7:00 or when everyone has answered their questions. Failure to cast a vote by the deadline (Midnight Tonight) will result in a vote cast for yourself.

QUESTIONS FOR TONIGHT'S TRIBAL COUNCIL:

For Your Personal Muse

You have an annoying avatar and make annoying posts. Is this part of your strategy?

For Disco Spider, Windshipper

Did you have a strategy for immunity yesterday? If so, what was it? Did anybody take a leadership role in organizing De for the challenge, and if so, who?

For Goog, Skinty

There was some disagreement the last time you guys were at tribal council, do you think that'll have any impact on the voting tonight?

For everyone

Durf tribe finished twice before you were able to complete the challenge once. What went wrong? How will you make sure you don't get embarrassed again in the future?

One of you is going to be voted out tonight, possibly by blindside. You can go down fighting! Would you like to throw the rice in the fire, share some gossip, or make a persuasive case for why you should be kept around? Now is your chance.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

John Cena posted:

For Disco Spider, Windshipper

Did you have a strategy for immunity yesterday? If so, what was it? Did anybody take a leadership role in organizing De for the challenge, and if so, who?

Really it was a team effort. Disco is the one who put the board together, though, and his placement of the pieces was really well done. In addition, YPM had a solid strategy of trying to checkboard it and eliminate as much blank space as possible.

We discussed the choices together, though, and we ended up getting a couple of lucky shots. From there we were able to work out the size of the ships we were targeting and take out the rest of the team.

Major props and thank yous to Skinty for stepping up for me when I had to back out.

posted:

For everyone

Durf tribe finished twice before you were able to complete the challenge once. What went wrong? How will you make sure you don't get embarrassed again in the future?

Apparently it was a technical glitch that was encountered. There was a solid strategy set up, and then things went haywire.

poo poo happens. vOv

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

There was some disagreement the last time you guys were at tribal council, do you think that'll have any impact on the voting tonight?

I have literally no idea what this is referring to. Looking back I can't really see anything that could constitute a disagreement, and if we have different opinions on things it's just that, different opinions.

We tried to put too many Smuggo's into the system and unfortunately the super computer wasn't able to deal with that capacity. Knowing this going forward we're going to ration out our Smuggo's in future as to not have a repeat occurrence. I don't think responsibility fell on any one person, and if anything I think the experience gave us the opportunity to learn for the future. We missed the details, and the details are the things that will catch you out. I don't see it happening again.

One of you is going to be voted out tonight, possibly by blindside. You can go down fighting! Would you like to throw the rice in the fire, share some gossip, or make a persuasive case for why you should be kept around? Now is your chance.

I'm pretty sure I know how things are going to play out tonight, and if I'm wrong then I'm wrong. De doesn't have any dirty laundry to air and I'm pretty confident however tonight plays out that De is going to continue moving forward. Whoever goes out I think will take it with grace as we're all adults and know this is just a game.

Disco Spider
Oct 31, 2012

John Cena posted:

I wrote up a quick little Python script yesterday that would parse the paragraph and output everyone's contributions in their own column so all we had to do was copy and paste from the tribe doc and the risk of posting the wrong part would be dramatically reduced. Insofar as I did that you could say that I took more of a leadership role in this one, but we all knew what we had to do.

John Cena posted:

Well, none of us realized that only 2 people had to compete. We wrongly interpreted the rules to mean that all four participants had to post at least 6 times. Obviously had we realized that we would have been much more competitive. We missed it, it's a shame, won't happen again.

John Cena posted:

My tribe knows what I bring to the table. A blindside is always possible, but I don't think it would make much sense at this stage.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

windshipper posted:

Really it was a team effort. Disco is the one who put the board together, though, and his placement of the pieces was really well done. In addition, YPM had a solid strategy of trying to checkboard it and eliminate as much blank space as possible.

We discussed the choices together, though, and we ended up getting a couple of lucky shots. From there we were able to work out the size of the ships we were targeting and take out the rest of the team.

Major props and thank yous to Skinty for stepping up for me when I had to back out.

Apparently it was a technical glitch that was encountered. There was a solid strategy set up, and then things went haywire.

poo poo happens. vOv

Oh. I was thinking last game day with battleship. Yeah there was a strategy yesterday and well Disco answered it.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Players, it is now time to vote. Using the template above, write down on the parchment and PM to John Cena (not me) who on your tribe you wish to vote out. Do not post who you are voting. Unless you are answering questions, you cannot post in this thread until after the votes are revealed. You have until 12:00AM tonight to cast your votes.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

John Cena posted:

For Your Personal Muse

You have an annoying avatar and make annoying posts. Is this part of your strategy?

Say what you want about my posts, but my avatar is great. If you disagree I will choke you out with a feather boa.

As far as my posts go, I have no possible clue what you mean. I am posting like a champion.

John Cena posted:

For everyone

I was wrong, so wrong. Reading comprehension *was* a priority for the competition. Apparently we could have only used two people. We totally would have won if I had passed the second grade. Also I pushed the Titan Supercomputer to the limit, as Skinty said.

John Cena posted:

Look, I was told by Skinty that there was no risk of blindside, and that, as a display of trust, I should vote myself just so they can prove they won't betray me. I don't see anyway that this could possibly go wrong.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!

John Cena posted:

For Goog, Skinty

People are probably going to try and reverse engineer the voting, figure out who voted for them, and vote for that person. If that's the case, everyone's going to overthink things and nobody's going to be happy with who goes home.

quote:

For everyone

Durf hit upon the sound strategy of two guys alternating, rather than the whole team participating. Additionally, one of our players had some technical difficulties, which were unforeseen. We need to think better, and more creatively, before undertaking any challenges in the future.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

It's time to reveal the votes. After the votes are read, the player with the highest number of votes cast against them will be the next player eliminated. If anyone has the Hidden Immunity Idol, and you want to play it, now would be the time to do so.

*...*

Alright, let's get to it.

One vote for The Goog.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Two votes for Das Gug

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Two votes for Goog, one vote for DISCO SPIDER

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Fourth person voted out of Awful Survivor: BYOB...

Goog, that's three votes and tonight, that's enough to send ya packin Come bring your torch over.

The tribe has spoken.

It's time for you to go.

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Jul 7, 2014

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
But guys, I had so many more Disco Spider jokes! SO MANY MORE!

Eh, whatever. Good game.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Nooooo not the Goog, sad brain

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

bowmore posted:

Nooooo not the Goog, sad brain

yeah man, sorry to see you go :(

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Poor The Good, Hurf shall remember yoooooou!

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Chili posted:

Poor The Good, Hurf shall remember yoooooou!

But not his name.

Actually we voted out Goog because he was badmouthing the other tribes, a tactic that we do not allow here in De.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

But not his name.

Actually we voted out Goog because he was badmouthing the other tribes, a tactic that we do not allow here in De.

Are you saying you sat me out of the last challenge to keep my petticoat from getting muddy? :allears:

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Propaganda Machine posted:

Are you saying you sat me out of the last challenge to keep my petticoat from getting muddy? :allears:

It was a love poem written from the soul. I don't understand how that could possibly be interpreted as bad mouthing.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

But not his name.

good to know you are a liar as well as a poo poo talker

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

It was a love poem written from the soul. I don't understand how that could possibly be interpreted as bad mouthing.

Soiled undergarments are akin to tainted ladies. I will tread softly, for clearly I tread on your dreams.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

pendejo tribe

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

bowmore posted:

good to know you are a liar as well as a poo poo talker

Sir! I don't know what you are talking about! I have never said anything bad about Hurf or Durf, even if they do all smell like cabbage, ever, in my life.

Propaganda Machine posted:

Soiled undergarments are akin to tainted ladies. I will tread softly, for clearly I tread on your dreams.

My dreams are to wrestle big sweaty men in my underwear because I am a winner. You are not part of the plan. The love poem, while such quality could only be woven in the mind of a genius artist, was only in the moment.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

The shtick's getting a little tired now that you don't even have false bluster to back it up, YPM. Why don't you sit the next few plays out

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

RIP The Goog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

CapnAndy posted:

The shtick's getting a little tired now that you don't even have false bluster to back it up, YPM. Why don't you sit the next few plays out

Trying to get rid of the threats the easy way, eh? :smuggo:

• Locked thread