Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

I want Build Fighters S2 to have Sei be frustrated by the advent of 3d printing or something and how lazy it has made modelers, so he goes full on rogue/story villain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Dj Meow Mix posted:

I want Build Fighters S2 to have Sei be frustrated by the advent of 3d printing or something and how lazy it has made modelers, so he goes full on rogue/story villain.

No, somebody will enter with a gunpla that was 3d printed as their ~new secret technique~ that everyone reacts to with shock.

Then it can't actually move because they 3d printed the whole thing as one piece. It will also be a Leo.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 04:37 on May 15, 2014

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I'd rather have someone who uses a nearly stock Leo (maybe custom paintjob) and kicks rear end with it, just to prove once and for all to some fans that fluff power levels mean nothing.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I'd rather have someone who uses a nearly stock Leo (maybe custom paintjob) and kicks rear end with it, just to prove once and for all to some fans that fluff power levels mean nothing.

You already had Reiji do that with a Ball.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I would not be opposed to S2 being a prequel.

Give us the adventures of a teenage Ral (who still looks exactly the same) and Takeshi.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

TARDISman posted:

You know how Gundams kinda look like samurai, with the head crest and such? These are just going to look like Egyptian poo poo.

Been there, done that.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Star Build Cosmos? Pfft after the timeskip it'll be more like Tengen Toppa Backpack Build Garran :kamina:

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Zedd posted:

Star Build Cosmos? Pfft after the timeskip it'll be more like Tengen Toppa Backpack Build Garran :kamina:

Wasn't BlitzBlast working on that a while ago?

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."
Ok since they showed every main suit from 8th MS Team except the main character's one. I predict that the main suit will be the Build Ez-8!

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

ElBrak posted:

Ok since they showed every main suit from 8th MS Team except the main character's one. I predict that the main suit will be the Build Ez-8!

Makes sense since Sei spent about half of the first season rebuilding the Build Strike.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
I just want a better showing from the Future Century this time around. Season 1, the only times FC suits got to shine were:
  • The Nether Gundam being the windmill in Nils's Don Quixote imagine spot.
  • Nils winning with Fuunsaiki in the Wacky Races episode.
  • Master Chinan schooling a bunch of fools with his custom Haow Gundam in Mao's flashback in episode 17.
  • Master Chinan's Master Gundam blowing up a bunch of Mocks in the final episode.
That's it. Every other time a suit from G Gundam showed up, it was to job for something else. :smith:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

There aren't many G Gundam kits. v:shobon:v

TARDISman posted:

Wasn't BlitzBlast working on that a while ago?

It's somewhere in my backlog, yes.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.
The next season will feature a world where Build Fighters was a cartoon to promote the game Gunpla Battles, like Pokemon/yugioh, and the main protagonist will kitbash his own Build Strike into the Build Build Strike.

Which he upgrades mid season into the Star Build Star Build Strike.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

S2 raises the stakes and has everyone use 1/100s.

S3 is 1/60.

S4 is 1/12. :getin:

And in a surprising change of pace, S5 is SD.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Season 6 goes Sentai and has everyone dressing up as Gundams like in the first ending.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Six seasons and a movie.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Season 7 has the Gunpla becoming big enough to pilot and Gunpla battle becomes a life-and-death affair, leading to a very big sense of deja vu.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

BlitzBlast posted:

There aren't many G Gundam kits. v:shobon:v

That didn't stop a bunch of suits that never got kits from appearing.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
We're barely confident enough in Bandai to have faith in a second season, let alone six. :v:

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

TaurusOxford posted:

We're barely confident enough in Bandai to have faith in a second season, let alone six. :v:

I have faith in Bandai to run a thing into the ground, I also have faith in them to do it one season though.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

W.T. Fits posted:

I just want a better showing from the Future Century this time around. Season 1, the only times FC suits got to shine were:
  • Master Chinan schooling a bunch of fools with his custom Haow Gundam in Mao's flashback in episode 17.
  • Master Chinan's Master Gundam blowing up a bunch of Mocks in the final episode.
That's it. Every other time a suit from G Gundam showed up, it was to job for something else. :smith:
Technically, the contest winner that was used by Totally Not Al From 0080 used God Gundam's torso and arms. It did not job.

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf
Anyone who's nervous about there being a second season of Build Fighters needs to take a lesson from Luang Dallara and get pumped up instead. :colbert:

I started watching GBF after it had finished, but I really enjoyed it and am glad there will be more, even if it doesn't turn out as well as season 1.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

So, how much passion will our next flamenco theme have? Nine times the passion, or perhaps even twelve times as much?

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

It will have UNIVERSE!!! level passion.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

W.T. Fits posted:

That's a significantly better win ratio than Gundam X units.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

ImpAtom posted:

Wait, they had units from X in the show that weren't the Gundam X?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

The Gundam DX which got effortlessly owned by Reiji and Sei. it had GX Bits and the pilot was Jamil and two mini-Jamisl. Plus the Gundam X itself getting owned multiple times. I think the only success a GX unit got was destroying the Apsaras.

Edit: Nevermind, post below got it.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 21:43 on May 15, 2014

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Virsago and Ashtaron Hermit Crab were in as well. Both lost quickly (Virsago to Aila, Ashtaron HC lost during the whole "Cziommer grabs some dudes and gangs up on Fellini" sequence) to their opponents.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
I'm pretty sure the subpilots to the DX were Gym Ghingam and Kacricon Cacooler.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Broken Loose posted:

I'm pretty sure the subpilots to the DX were Gym Ghingam and Kacricon Cacooler.

Not even close although it would have been hilarious.

Kacricoon is the guy who co-pilots with NotJerid though.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

:smith:

Oh well, at least everyone did better than Victory!

Oh wait, Luang.

I guess G-Savior did worse but that's barely a victory.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

BlitzBlast posted:

Oh wait, Luang.

Even though he died he proved one thing: He Exists.

RIP G-Savior.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

BlitzBlast posted:

Oh wait, Luang.

We actually got a lot of Victory suits. Mostly cameos, but still, that was cool.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Even though he died he proved one thing: He Exists.

RIP G-Savior.
Same goes for S-Gundam: he proved his existence AND that he can actually move.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

MonsieurChoc posted:

We actually got a lot of Victory suits. Mostly cameos, but still, that was cool.

We're talking Victory victories. Literally the only V design to ever win was Luang's custom, which ties V with X.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

On the other hand V Gundam appears moderately successful at picking up women, assuming Reiji doesn't mess it up for you.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

It's the Uso effect. :v:

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

ImpAtom posted:

Not even close although it would have been hilarious.

Dude, that's totally Gym.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

AfroSquirrel posted:

So, how much passion will our next flamenco theme have? Nine times the passion, or perhaps even twelve times as much?

Truly ∀ Meijin ~ 999x the Passion of Ordinary Flamenco

The Exia was just the start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Turn ∀mazing Gundam? Hell yes. :getin:

• Locked thread