Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
It doesn't bother me bother me, but it'd've been REALLY cool if they'd given him some weight when he runs on top of the taxi. He clearly steps on it a few times and the body of the car should dress closer to the wheels.

Can't have everything, though, I suppose. That poo poo costs money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
See, Felicity doesn't need Ollie or Barry.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Drifter posted:

It doesn't bother me bother me, but it'd've been REALLY cool if they'd given him some weight when he runs on top of the taxi. He clearly steps on it a few times and the body of the car should dress closer to the wheels.

It's a lot less noticable when you aren't watching it 100 times in a row in gif form.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Drifter posted:

The taxi's back end would be going up slightly from the driver (presumably) hitting the brakes, so Barry's weight would simply counter that and thus the taxi would look unaffected. :flashfact: But yeah, that would be a pretty complicated shot for a TV show to pull off, so I think they did a fantastic job already with incorporating the slow motion without just simply freezing everything and having Barry swoop in and pluck awkwardly-photoshopped/inserted people out of the air.

zoux posted:

That taxi gif is soooo goooood. You should xpost those in the BSS TV thread.
Feel free to, I don't read/post in that thread.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
^^^ - if you look, the car isn't rising in the back and sinking in the front, so the driver isn't hitting the brakes yet. :flashfact:

zoux posted:

It's a lot less noticable when you aren't watching it 100 times in a row in gif form.

Just because no one sees it doesn't mean you shouldn't do it right. :flashfact:

But that's also why I said it doesn't bother me. Because it's just a FLASH in the pan. :laugh:

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Surprise CW crossover confirmed for Season 3.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Why aren't Dean and Sam ganking Ruby?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

I'm so excited.

Deadpool, can you allow us to have fun and leave this thread open? Just turn it into the "CW Summer Superhero Hiatus Thread"?

Wait, do you want the thread to be fun or do you want to keep posting in it? I don't think both are possible.

Seriously though, the thread can stay open as long as it doesn't devolve into comic book bullshit, as has been said a million times. If you want to get into comic book stuff then go to BSS. It's not that hard to understand.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Deadpool posted:

Wait, do you want the thread to be fun or do you want to keep posting in it? I don't think both are possible.

Seriously though, the thread can stay open as long as it doesn't devolve into comic book bullshit, as has been said a million times. If you want to get into comic book stuff then go to BSS. It's not that hard to understand.

I think we can get at least a month out of Flash gifs and Ammel being a loving prince on Facebook. Colton's starting to be just as endearing.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
SO where do you guys see Thea and her dad starting out next season?

Training in a cave/basement or shooting range, or just chilling at a table eating breakfast?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Drifter posted:

Training in a cave/basement or shooting range, or just chilling at a table eating breakfast?

Amusement park.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
"Dad, you're the best! Thanks for winning me that teddy bear."

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Drifter posted:

There's basically no chance of me getting my kokoro wish here, but I hope Thea doesn't become another karate expert in a show/world loaded with them anyways. Maybe the learned their lesson that it was one of the many things that cheapened Isabel? And that they've so far held off on Felicity or Laurel becoming that...but it'd be interesting if by making her "strong" the writers didn't feel they had to go the literal route of, say, Joss Whedon.

Also- Thea as antagonist loses a lot of tension if the plan is to have her punch or arrow Ollie to death (or whatever evil end Merlyn points her towards)- she loses that fight. It's a boring fight. If the 'fight' is framed solely around Ollie having to prove he cares for her and helping her see what's gone wrong, that's good. Doing that in between backflips, not so much.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

There's basically no chance of me getting my kokoro wish here, but I hope Thea doesn't become another karate expert in a show/world loaded with them anyways. Maybe the learned their lesson that it was one of the many things that cheapened Isabel? And that they've so far held off on Felicity or Laurel becoming that...but it'd be interesting if by making her "strong" the writers didn't feel they had to go the literal route of, say, Joss Whedon.

Also- Thea as antagonist loses a lot of tension if the plan is to have her punch or arrow Ollie to death (or whatever evil end Merlyn points her towards)- she loses that fight. It's a boring fight. If the 'fight' is framed solely around Ollie having to prove he cares for her and helping her see what's gone wrong, that's good. Doing that in between backflips, not so much.

I'm betting they do the thing where he refuses to fight her. Maybe to the point of letting her beat the poo poo out of him because he thinks he 'deserves' it for lying to her.

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011

Gaz-L posted:

I'm betting they do the thing where he refuses to fight her. Maybe to the point of letting her beat the poo poo out of him because he thinks he 'deserves' it for lying to her.

The entire Thea plot of too many lies was ok for about two episodes, then devolved into Thea just being obnoxious. I think I might actually like Laurel's character more at this point.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
I will say that I liked this season over the first one. Slade just seemed like a bigger threat overall than Merlyn was. I will however say that for the island flashbacks they seem to have ran out of ideas after Slade finally went evil. After that it just kind of turned into filler until they got the submarine working. Which is kind of disappointing to me since in the first season they were the part of the show that I thought was legitimately good. Hopefully thing will pick up there next season.

Merlinicus posted:

The entire Thea plot of too many lies was ok for about two episodes, then devolved into Thea just being obnoxious. I think I might actually like Laurel's character more at this point.

Also The ending to this plot doesn't really make all that much sense considering that things were just starting to get back on the upswing in regards to the relationship between her and her family.

One other thing that bothers me was Detective Lance's death. It kind of reminded me a little bit of Tommy's death last season. Admitedly handled a bit better with how he died. But it still felt like they just sort of killed him off for dramatic purposes like they did with Tommy.

David D. Davidson fucked around with this message at 01:19 on May 16, 2014

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Why do you guys think he is dead? They just showed him bruised and bleeding internally.

Haven;t you loving learned about needing to see a dead body?

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

David D. Davidson posted:

One other thing that bothers me was Detective Lance's death. It kind of reminded me a little bit of Tommy's death last season. Admitedly handled a bit better with how he died. But it still felt like they just sort of killed him off for dramatic purposes like they did with Tommy.

Uh, are we even sure he's dead?

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Drifter posted:

Why do you guys think he is dead? They just showed him bruised and bleeding internally.

Haven;t you loving learned about needing to see a dead body?

I do hope I'm wrong to be honestly but given the parallels between the two season finales, I think it's safe to say he's dead.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
One person had a building poking through his body, one person had a bruise.

So we think Ollie was a double agent in the Russian/Chinese Mafia working with Waller, right? That's kinda the direction, yes?

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
So, small promo with the taxi clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0IydEba1oY

Editing is awkward in some spots, but still.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

David D. Davidson posted:

Also The ending to this plot doesn't really make all that much sense considering that things were just starting to get back on the upswing in regards to the relationship between her and her family

Uh upswing is sort of generous. She still was leaving Starling to get away from it all and while her and Ollie might have parted semi amicably they weren't on GREAT terms

Roy promising to run away with her then taking off for reasons he wouldn't tell her just put it all back into her face everyone e she loves lies.

Plus loving Barrowman gets to be her villain mentor sign me the gently caress up for that.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

There's basically no chance of me getting my kokoro wish here, but I hope Thea doesn't become another karate expert in a show/world loaded with them anyways.

She'll probably become another expert archer. The city is going to get real sick of arrow-based violence pretty soon. "Did you hear? Bill got shot with an arrow." "Again? Black, green?" "Red. I think this one was red." "Goddammit."

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Drifter posted:

One person had a building poking through his body, one person had a bruise.

I meant the whole "for Dramatic Purposes" thing then how they died (or possibly died in the case of the latter.) How Lance got injured was actually presented better than Tommy just deciding to stay in the burning building instead of booking it the gently caress out of there with Laurel.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Astro Nut posted:

So, small promo with the taxi clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0IydEba1oY

Editing is awkward in some spots, but still.

The "My name is Barry Allen... and I'm the Fastest Man Alive..." speech is obviously that show's equivalent to the "I must become someone else... some... thing else... " narration. Handy that the comics have something that fits the format already.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I was talking about this with my Arrow watching buddy and we were wondering if they would do the occasional "Slade Wilson Merc Flashback Time"

That Flash promo :allears:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Something interesting is that they're making sure the timeline's match up seeing as Barry is staying in the coma for 9 months, so basically lining everything up.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Xealot posted:

She'll probably become another expert archer. The city is going to get real sick of arrow-based violence pretty soon. "Did you hear? Bill got shot with an arrow." "Again? Black, green?" "Red. I think this one was red." "Goddammit."

No wonder the job market for ex-billionaire archer's is so bad. There's like three of them.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
"Knock knock"

"Who's there?"

"lol it's me, Arrow, silly."

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

jscolon2.0 posted:

No wonder the job market for ex-billionaire archer's is so bad. There's like three of them.

Merlyn is still presumably a billionaire, and he'll probably hook Thea up. We can only have one disgraced billionaire on this show.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Pretty sure that Malcolm doesn't have access to his money anymore, what with people thinking he's dead.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

Pretty sure that Malcolm doesn't have access to his money anymore, what with people thinking he's dead.

Evil rich guys always have offshore accounts.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

muscles like this? posted:

Dude's in the league of assassins. He has a link to his bankroll. Probably 2 or 3 more too.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

teagone posted:

Dude's in the league of assassins. He has a link to his bankroll. Probably 2 or 3 more too.

He's not affiliated with them. In fact it's outright stated that they want him dead.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Rhyno posted:

I'm so excited.

Deadpool, can you allow us to have fun and leave this thread open? Just turn it into the "CW Summer Superhero Hiatus Thread"?

Nope. We need a separate "Flash: The Lightning Chose You" thread as soon as possible.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

jscolon2.0 posted:

Nope. We need a separate "Flash: The Lightning Chose You" thread as soon as possible.

No Flash thread until about a month before the premiere. You can use the Fall TV thread that's coming and this one until then.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
He's partnering with the Colombians now. Them or the Australians. Everyone else wants him dead, or thinks he's already dead.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

jscolon2.0 posted:

Why aren't Dean and Sam ganking Ruby?

Ruby changed bodies, duh.
:goonsay:

She looks so different from when she was on Supernatural anyway that maybe they wouldn't recognize her.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Drifter posted:

Holy loving poo poo that Flash trailer. This looks legitimately amazing. This. This is a comic book superhero TV show.

That dorky lab dude seems mildly annoying.

vvv - ab double.

edit: :sonia: Rocksicles, they straight up said he's not faster than a bullet. :smug:
He's juuuust shy of supersonic, if that 700mi/s is anything to go by.

He didn't want to break the windows. The Flash Can run faster than light, it's a thing.

If he can't run faster than a bullet, the nerdrage will swallow their souls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I finally watched it. Holy. loving. poo poo.

I can't decide if I'm in love with Barrowman or Katrina Law more. The tunnel fight gave me a raging boner. I loved the way they intertwined the island fight and current fight with Slade. Let's not forget evil Thea is going to be the best plot next season.

Arrgytehpirate fucked around with this message at 03:34 on May 16, 2014

• Locked thread