Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Tharizdun posted:

Can you expound on this. I wasn't watching in 2009.

Actually, don't. I think whatever my brain imagines will be better than what was.
Actually it's probably better than what your brain imagines. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI37V4Cqesg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Flameingblack posted:

Actually it's probably better than what your brain imagines. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI37V4Cqesg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_aJOuBwc2A

:stonklol:

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent
Pardon the delay, issues with Google (long story).

This should be it, LOLTNA June '02-Lockdown '14

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FyAJrYhwvGoXai2aW86PTLTlg1cCGxp-hbgDaWfmBrw/edit?hl=en&forcehl=1

Also, MRT and anyone else considering a History of TNA project, would you include WWA as a sort of prologue? Jarrett did unify that belt with the NWA belt during the early TNA days.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

How would you feel about me building a twitter bot that randomly tweeted out portions of that throughout the year. Because, "The Blue Meanie debuted, gave Francine a DDT, and was never seen again." is the most glorious sentence I've read in a long time.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

I have all of this background I was collecting for a TNA project years ago and all of these videos from showing the weekly PPVs in sync. Would there be actual interest in a video series on the history of TNA? For all of the bad things about the company they do seem to be cool with their old footage being online.

hey while we're talking about TNA history here's a fun video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uT8EFtj0ayA

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent

Tharizdun posted:

How would you feel about me building a twitter bot that randomly tweeted out portions of that throughout the year.
Warm and fuzzy. Build away!

Another excerpt:
Disco Inferno: Jive Talkin'

quote:

Glenn Gilbertti pitched his idea for a talk show during his debut. He hyped it by putting himself over as the guy who pinned Joey Maggs and Barry Horowitz countless times.

quote:

Week One: Goldylocks made an appearance. Gilbertti called her a stupid bitch and demanded to see her tits, claiming those were all she was good for. After Goldy attacked him for being a misogynist gently caress, Paulina from Tough Enough debuted to be his bodyguard. She disappeared after the second episode of Jive Talkin.

quote:

Week Two: The Dupps made an appearance in which they introduced the Hard-10 Championship. They also brought their granddaddy's spit bowl --The Dupp Cupp--- on the program and said the person with the most points will take it home. This title came with the most complicated set of rules ever. The idea was to be the first to get ten points which was easily achieved with 10 chairshots; however, it could be achieved by "feeling up the ticket lady" and "involving an animal in the match" among other ridiculous things (see Rules of the Dupp Cupp). After everyone was bored to death by the Dupps' endless explanation, the first fight for the Dupp Cupp took place on Jive Talkin with Ed Ferrara, but it did little for the crowd and resulted in Ferrara suffering a concussion. Ed would later leave the company when they told him they couldn't pay his monthly cheque. The Dupps would also depart from the company soon after. The Hard-10 "matches" continued well into 2003 regardless.

quote:

Week Three: Gilbertti interviewed an unmasked Shark Boy pretending to be a Baldwin brother. This would be the last installment of the show and it would never be mentioned after this.

Dario the Wop fucked around with this message at 02:34 on May 16, 2014

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Tharizdun posted:

How would you feel about me building a twitter bot that randomly tweeted out portions of that throughout the year. Because, "The Blue Meanie debuted, gave Francine a DDT, and was never seen again." is the most glorious sentence I've read in a long time.

do it

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It's no longer a spoiler. Openly talk/laugh about the New Nation (MVP, Kenny King, Lashley) here

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Did nobody realize that it's an incredibly stupid idea to have your main heel group be a bunch of cheating black guys in 2014?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I love TNA so much.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

LividLiquid posted:

Did nobody realize that it's an incredibly stupid idea to have your main heel group be a bunch of cheating black guys in 2014?

In WWE they'd all be faces and repeatedly losing to Rusev.

Both companies are dumb in this aspect

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

It was so delightfully stupid.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

oh man the whole thing was so great and terrible and confusing

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

LividLiquid posted:

Don't worry, no one cares enough about TNA to be offended.

The best part of the whole thing was MVP comparing himself to Donald Sterling earlier in the night.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Why does wrestling hate black people so much?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

because you touch yourself at night

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

yea ok posted:

because you touch yourself at night
If I touch myself during the day, will they make them a babyface group?

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

LividLiquid posted:

It's TNA. They'll be turned face in a few months' time.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

It's TNA. They'll be brought back as faces to fight the next company takeover stable next year, but will be signed away by WWE after airing two weeks of vignettes.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

LividLiquid posted:

Believe in Black Shield.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
As I went through all of my TNA related files I found this:

http://oversight-archive.waxman.house.gov/documents/20081231141402.pdf

The TNA Drug and Alcohol Abuse policy. I sat there in disbelief for a second wondering how I could have this thing that didn't exist. A quick internet search showed it came from the Congressional investigation into wrestling following Benoit.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Sweeney Tom posted:

It's no longer a spoiler. Openly talk/laugh about the New Nation (MVP, Kenny King, Lashley) here

It's TNA's ersatz Evolution, not a new Nation of Domination!

You've got your authority figure who goes by initials, the cocky younger guy, and the musclebound guy who only recently made his return to the squared circle after attempting MMA

oatgan fucked around with this message at 04:38 on May 16, 2014

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I still can't quite believe Tazz used the phrase "by any means necessary" talking about MVP.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Kaz vs. Crazy Steve is without exaggeration the most annoying 5 minutes of wrestling I've ever seen. The never ending music, the commentary, and the "action" in the ring all work together to become totally infuriating.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

oatgan posted:

It's TNA's ersatz Evolution, not a new Nation of Domination!
Why not both?

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

quote:

During their feud with Jose Estrada, S.E.X. introduced a fat Elvis impersonator named Disgraceland to the group. Disgraceland ate during his matches, gave Estrada a swirly in the toilet after his debut, then disappeared after being beaten by Estrada a few weeks later.

This could not have happened on television. It shant.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Golden Bee posted:

This could not have happened on television. It shant.

Of course not.

Based on Jose Estrada and Elvis being involved, I'm guessing it happened on PPV! :v:

Zack_Gochuck
Jan 4, 2007

Stupid Wrestling People
See, I see that Sharkboy stuff, and I'm like, "At least TNA was fun to watch back then." Like it had the whole so bad it's good thing going. Kind of like all the crazy over-the-top Dungeon of Doom stuff from 1994-95 WCW. Now it's just boring.

Zack_Gochuck fucked around with this message at 14:41 on May 16, 2014

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

LividLiquid posted:

What specifically happened in 2014 that makes it not okay for black people to be heels again?

This group/angle is dogshit because they're aping Evolution, not because they're b...b...b...black.

Zack_Gochuck
Jan 4, 2007

Stupid Wrestling People

flashy_mcflash posted:

What specifically happened in 2014 that makes it not okay for black people to be heels again?

This group/angle is dogshit because they're aping Evolution, not because they're b...b...b...black.

Black people can only be faces because they're always the underdog fighting against the white patriarchy. It's all in this pamphlet.

*Edit* I should note that I didn't even see the angle. I mean, I wouldn't put it past TNA try and do a black panthers gimmick or some poo poo, but reading the recap of last night's show, it just sounded like a bunch of dudes in a heel stable. If there was a heel stable of Japanese dudes, everyone wouldn't be crying racism. No one cries racism when a couple of Latin-Americans literally have an entrance where they are illegally crossing the US/Mexican boarder. People called that awesome like, a page ago. Let's not politicize this poo poo.

Zack_Gochuck fucked around with this message at 13:50 on May 16, 2014

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I don't think they've mentioned race at all thus far.

Then again I also think that Legacy was a total ripoff of the Disciples of Apocalypse because it's a bunch of honkies in the same place.

Zack_Gochuck
Jan 4, 2007

Stupid Wrestling People
Yeah, I mean, if it's not an actual part of the gimmick, I think it's actually pretty raciest to call them the Nation of Domination just because they're a bunch of black heels. Let's just all enjoy this terrible wrestling and stop getting butt hurt.

*Edit* I just realized how unfortunate amazing this avatar/post combo is.

Zack_Gochuck fucked around with this message at 14:53 on May 16, 2014

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

MassRafTer posted:

As I went through all of my TNA related files I found this:

http://oversight-archive.waxman.house.gov/documents/20081231141402.pdf

The TNA Drug and Alcohol Abuse policy. I sat there in disbelief for a second wondering how I could have this thing that didn't exist. A quick internet search showed it came from the Congressional investigation into wrestling following Benoit.

I had never even heard of this before, and now I'm just pouring through it.

quote:

All Talent will be tested for marijuana use. In each instance in which a Talent tests positive, he or she shall be fined 25% of one Pay-Per-View fee. A positive marijuana test shall not count as an offense subject to further disciplinary action under this Policy.

But what if you don't make PPV

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

I had never even heard of this before, and now I'm just pouring through it.

But what if you don't make PPV

What if you don't get paid

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Shouldn't it read one PPV bonus or payment? I read it as 25% of what it cost to order a PPV, so the wrestler just digs 10 bucks out of his pocket and rolls another one.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

25% of $0 is $0, so 420 smoke weed eree day.

This post was brought to your by SteinerMath.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

flashy_mcflash posted:

You don't see a problem with every black person in the promotion banding together to keep down whitey? You don't think that sends a bad message to anybody?

Edit: I didn't realize they hadn't mentioned the race thing. But still... even if it's implied, it's really not looking super good.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

flashy_mcflash posted:

25% of $0 is $0, so 420 smoke weed eree day.

This post was brought to your by SteinerMath.

Nope. Holds up too well against academic scrutiny.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

LividLiquid posted:

You don't see a problem with every black person in the promotion banding together to keep down whitey? You don't think that sends a bad message to anybody?

Edit: I didn't realize they hadn't mentioned the race thing. But still... even if it's implied, it's really not looking super good.

I don't get why people don't make this criticism when 2+ white people get together? Why does it 'look bad'?

I'll happily admit to being wrong if this does take a racial turn and I'm sure I'll end up doing so eventually because Vince Russo has the pen but I've seen no evidence of that in the programming so far or in the spoilers. It's also tremendously counterintuitive to think they'd rip off the Nation, an almost 20-year-old angle, and not Evolution, a 4 day old angle at the time of taping when that's been their MO since they started this Eric Young thing.

flashy_mcflash fucked around with this message at 20:42 on May 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

flashy_mcflash posted:

I don't get why people don't make this criticism when 2+ white people get together? Why does it 'look bad'?
It's not that a black guy is a heel. It's that all the black guys are heels. And you can't just ignore hundreds of years of racial baggage because "racism is over" or whatever.

• Locked thread