Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

I hope the Florida Gators win 10 games and look competitive in the SEC championship and bowl games.

I hope the Dolphins win 6+ games, sweep the jets and win at least once against the Pats.

The goal is that FSU repeats as national champs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Army Black Knights

1) Don't be an utterly brutal embarrassment in every single loving way
2) Don't let Navy score 4-5 times as many points

I'm not even going to say BEAT NAVY because our program is so much shittier than theirs it would take a meteor strike or something to make that happen. :iiam:

New England Patriots

Milk as much fun out of what's left of Brady's remaining career as possible. If only the Patriots wanted to do this instead of blowing 2nd rounders on FCS quarterbacks, but whatever.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
If the Bills could somehow go 0-16 but still leave their fans with hope for the future that would be great.

YMB
Nov 8, 2009

in an unceremonious way
Nick Foles only regresses slightly
I've abandoned the wishful thinking of a repeat of 2013, but I'd like to believe that Foles is still a significantly above-average QB. I don't think that it's unreasonable to expect a pretty good season out of him. What he did last year wasn't really anything that tricked defenses, he's just a very fundamentally sound passer and has reasonably good pocket presence (room for improvement there, though).

Jordan Matthews gets significant playing time
I think Matthews is just the kind of WR the Eagles need right now. A pretty big, strong guy that can actually fight a CB for a pass and go up the middle. I see him more as a replacement for Avant's role rather than DJax's, so he will probably be a third down WR for most of this season, but I think he can do a lot for our offense if used correctly.

Sweep the Cowboys
Self explanatory.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast
FSU makes the new playoffs. Michigan doesn't look lost.

Stafford surpasses 2011 form. Megatron stays healthy. OL picks up where it left off and Bush/Bell come close to matching last years output minus the fumbles. Defense is middle of the road. 9 wins. One more playoff win in my lifetime :lol:

More realistically, I hope I find a better way to spend my Sundays.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
Oh yeah, for A&M a 7-8 win season and a bowl win (or whatever they're doing now) is basically my best case scenario.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
-Dalton stops spazzing and has a career year in completions, TD:INT, and yards
-Gio Bernard runs rampant without getting hurt
-Hell, no serious injury bug would be helpful for the latter half of the season
-win games in a convincing fashion
-Marvin Lewis uses TOs and challenges wisely

-Win a goddamn playoff game(s)

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Anya posted:

-Marvin Lewis uses TOs and challenges wisely
He did this last year, which was mind-blowing.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I hope we ride a year of regular season mediocrity to improbable postseason success and I can bathe myself in your bitter bitch tears

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I hate you Mel Mudkiper.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Atticus Finch posted:

I hate you Mel Mudkiper.

Get in line

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Grozz Nuy posted:

Uh, that would be a LOT. There were only 4 teams that had their top 2 backs combine for that much yardage last year: Philly and KC (which was 90 percent McCoy and Charles, respectively), Detroit, and San Diego. That's something that even teams with legit stud RBs don't usually do.

I think it's very possible.

Edit wait I meant 2200. Miamis two guys last year had 1900 from scrimmage iirc

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."

Atticus Finch posted:

He did this last year, which was mind-blowing.

True that. Hope it becomes a trend.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

AAA DOLFAN posted:

I think it's very possible.

Edit wait I meant 2200. Miamis two guys last year had 1900 from scrimmage iirc

I see about 1350?

e: Oh you might be thinking about the Bush year, Thomas and him were up around 1800 two years ago. And over 2000 in '11.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Grozz Nuy posted:

Uh, that would be a LOT. There were only 4 teams that had their top 2 backs combine for that much yardage last year: Philly and KC (which was 90 percent McCoy and Charles, respectively), Detroit, and San Diego. That's something that even teams with legit stud RBs don't usually do.

how the hell did we do that

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

how the hell did we do that

Danny Woodhead caught a boatload of passes.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Grittybeard posted:

I see about 1350?

e: Oh you might be thinking about the Bush year, Thomas and him were up around 1800 two years ago. And over 2000 in '11.

Yup I sure was.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I was looking at Woodhead's game log and saw he had a 8 receptions, 37 yard game which is just comically low for that many receptions.

Then I saw LDT had a 8 reception, 17 yard performance once. In a game where he also had 31 rushes for 243 yards. What the gently caress.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Kalli posted:

I was looking at Woodhead's game log and saw he had a 8 receptions, 37 yard game which is just comically low for that many receptions.

Then I saw LDT had a 8 reception, 17 yard performance once. In a game where he also had 31 rushes for 243 yards. What the gently caress.

That's gotta be the Raider game in 2003. Those 8 receptions got him to 100 on the year.

2003 Tomlinson was the best he's ever been

OperaMouse
Oct 30, 2010

I hope the Packers retire Favre's #4 this year in a nice ceremony.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Kalli posted:

Danny Woodhead caught a boatload of passes.

Yup, Woodhead ended up with over 1000 yards from scrimmage(!) but I imagine just about all of that was receiving.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Dallas

- Someone else already touched on it but yeah, either go minimum 9-7 and Wild Card or tank and get a top 10 draft pick and Garrett fired, all this 8-8 bullshit followed by mid-round picks and middling off-seasons is loving lame.

- Romo, Lee and Murray healthy for the entire season. Dare to dream.

- Marginally less terrible defense than last year. This one should be easy as there's nowhere to go but up!

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I hope we ride a year of regular season mediocrity to improbable postseason success and I can bathe myself in your bitter bitch tears

You and your ilk have been shooting blanks since Tebow cut your balls off.

Feel free to keep stroking tho.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Say what you want about Mel but leave this guy out of it.

e: Damnit you edited :mad:

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Too slow. :ocelot:

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

OperaMouse posted:

I hope the Packers retire Favre's #4 this year in a nice ceremony.

I hope the Packers retire Aaron Rodgers' #12 this year in a hasty, awkward ceremony.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Keep Wilson Alive. As much as I love watching Russell Wilson Bullshit, it'd be nice to see him have time to pass from the pocket for most of a season. I get a lot of poo poo from Seahawks fans for not being a fan of Tom Cable and what he has done with our oline, but I haven't seen anything to be too impressed over.

gently caress the Niners Always I dearly want to see Richard Sherman go apeshit in their new stadium. Just humiliate their receivers in their own home. Then do the Jesus pose to the crowd as he soaks in their hate.

Survive the NFC West Goddamn, everyone's D is awful to face.

Win another Superbowl?. I mean, yeah it'd be cool but I'm not sure even I could stand being around anyone in Seattle if that happens.

Naaaaah, it'd loving rule :hawksin:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

commy gun posted:

You and your ilk have been shooting blanks since Tebow cut your balls off.

Feel free to keep stroking tho.

Even the worst cancers can go into remission. That doesn't mean it's cured.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
For my Raiders:

Just win baby.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Same as its been the last 20 years. Actually win in Lambeau. See you next year!

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

Danny LaFever posted:

Same as its been the last 10 years. Actually win in Indy. See you next year!

Fixed for my Texans fans

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Here's all I want from my 2014 Detroit Lions:

Win Thanksgiving

There is no more important game to the Lions' season than Thanksgiving Day. The Bears are a beatable team, it's Thanksgiving in downtown Detroit, and I want a second-straight Lions victory as we all watch with family. That latter part is crucial, because a Thanksgiving win sends the state's confidence in the Lions soaring, with the opposite after a Thanksgiving loss. Winning Thanksgiving is crucial.

Win Monday Night Football

A big win for two reasons. First, it's Monday night, it's the home/season opener, it's the only scheduled primetime game...lots of reasons to start the year off with a win. Second, the Lions haven't beaten the Giants at home since 1983. For the Lions to completely turn the franchise around, Detroit needs to cleanse its record books of every drought.

Win at Green Bay

Same as the last point, only at the end of the year. This game will hopefully be for the NFC North title. And, the Lions' long losing streak in the state of Wisconsin is a couple weeks older than the team's last playoff win.

Win the division/host a playoff game

Not much to explain, other than the Lions have all the talent to win this division, and should win the division. And by winning the division, the Lions would host the first playoff game in the history of Ford Field.

There's probably more I could hope for, like win a playoff game, but that would all be extras on top of this. These are all must-win scenarios.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

New York Jets:

Have a League Average Offense

Shouldn't be impossible considering all the additions they've made. It'd just be nice to not have the offense be an anchor around this team's neck for once.

Make the Playoffs

They went 8-8 last year, and the roster certainly didn't get worse. While there was certainly a significant amount of luck involved in last years record, they should still improve.

Beat the Patriots

It's the most important part of a successful season to me. The only December home game the Jets have is also against the Patriots, so hopefully that's not a soul-crushing affair where the Jets are eliminated from playoff contention.

cucka
Nov 4, 2009

TOUCHDOWN DETROIT LIONS
Sorry about all
the bad posting.
I'm a Lions fan so anything north of "abysmal failure" is a plus at this point. One playoff win would be like the most I'd expect, since the front office did nothing to address our defects, and we drafted a TE at 10, right after the TE we drafted high 2 or 3 years ago that went nowhere. Sure glad we have almost nothing at secondary, still, for years upon years. The Lions seem to think that corners are obsolete. Maybe we can take some of those TE's we draft and convert them to really big slow corners and drop them into deep zone. Sure, why the gently caress not.

I expect nothing, and reason seems to preclude I will be heartily rewarded with nothing. I wanted to hope for this season, but unless the new coaching staff really makes an impact with the team, I expect little to nothing this year. We hosed up the draft hard. Trade down and grab a corner, seriously, for fucks sake. Cornerbacks and safety's tend to be quite important, it turns out. We coulda used some of them. or at least more than one. Christ, I think we even lost Delmas, so we're weaker at secondary than last year, and last year we sucked!

So no. Not even remotely getting my hopes up. After the debacle of last year, what's the loving point? It's basically on the coaching staff to show that they can turn this team around. Cut the foul play, coherent offense, helping Stafford grow as a QB. These are the essentials, outside of secondary, and it's all on Caldwell to make it happen.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
Broncos

- Vengeance for Peyton against the goddamn Seahawks
- Our top 2 draft picks Roby / Lattimer play well
- Better defense all-round
- Laugh as the Patriots miss the playoffs
- Win Superbowl

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

AsInHowe posted:

Here's all I want from my 2014 Detroit Lions:

Win Thanksgiving

There is no more important game to the Lions' season than Thanksgiving Day. The Bears are a beatable team, it's Thanksgiving in downtown Detroit, and I want a second-straight Lions victory as we all watch with family. That latter part is crucial, because a Thanksgiving win sends the state's confidence in the Lions soaring, with the opposite after a Thanksgiving loss. Winning Thanksgiving is crucial.

Win Monday Night Football

A big win for two reasons. First, it's Monday night, it's the home/season opener, it's the only scheduled primetime game...lots of reasons to start the year off with a win. Second, the Lions haven't beaten the Giants at home since 1983. For the Lions to completely turn the franchise around, Detroit needs to cleanse its record books of every drought.

Win at Green Bay

Same as the last point, only at the end of the year. This game will hopefully be for the NFC North title. And, the Lions' long losing streak in the state of Wisconsin is a couple weeks older than the team's last playoff win.

Win the division/host a playoff game

Not much to explain, other than the Lions have all the talent to win this division, and should win the division. And by winning the division, the Lions would host the first playoff game in the history of Ford Field.

There's probably more I could hope for, like win a playoff game, but that would all be extras on top of this. These are all must-win scenarios.

My season goal is for none of these things to happen, and it will be that way forever and always. Every year I hope the Packers take every single one of these possibilities from you.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

Fenrir posted:

My season goal is for none of these things to happen, and it will be that way forever and always. Every year I hope the Packers take every single one of these possibilities from you.

20 straight years isn't enough for you??

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Fenrir posted:

The Lions don't play the Packers on Thanksgiving this year.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Fenrir posted:

Best post in this thread. So vicious. Love it~ :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Cruel and Unusual posted:

The Lions don't play the Packers on Thanksgiving this year.

Yeah, I'll just root for whoever has the worst record on that one. It's probably going to be the Bears.

Dattserberg posted:

20 straight years isn't enough for you??

I'll quit rooting against everyone else in the NFC North when... eh, I guess when the Packers move divisions? Won't happen.

• Locked thread