Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action

Pilchenstein posted:

Hark at loving future boy over here, my first mp3 player was 32 megs.

Thats ridiculous you couldnt even fit a full album on that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

swampland posted:

Thats ridiculous you couldnt even fit a full album on that
Yeah, but pointing that out on christmas day makes you sound ungrateful. I listened to a lot of punk that year. :v:

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

velocityJE posted:

Who hasn't?

I've dealt with this, and it's annoying as hell.

Ana Lucia Cortez
Mar 22, 2008

Takoluka posted:

My cat fished out one of my mom's used pads from the trash and was playing with it under our dining room table while we had guests over. After giving away all her kittens, that cat used to hoard socks, lick and purr and play with them as substitutes for her missing kittens. :smith: I guess that night she decided a used pad was one of her kittens too.

:downs:

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

I touched the poop. I'm Shonda Leer.

Edit: The line I forgot to expand

quote:

15/hr will raise consumer prices a correlating amount. It will do nothing to create a "living wage" (an outrageous concept to begin with) except for the very short term. Too many people do not value working hard for their wage. Too often I have had well paid work declined because it sounded boring or "their schedule (which did not include any other form of payed work) was just too packed". Entitlement is a dangerous disease

Karma Comedian has a new favorite as of 04:38 on May 16, 2014

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

quote:

"living wage" (an outrageous concept to begin with)

Holy poo poo.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Wizard of Smart posted:

My face match your avatar's when I got to the "an outrageous concept to begin with" part. Maybe all of his "well paid work" was declined because he's a gigantic rear end in a top hat. Or because his idea of well paid is a bowl of porridge. You only get a side of water if he feels you went above and beyond.

Lotron
Aug 15, 2006

Still clownin'

Wizard of Smart posted:

let's just reinstate slavery and get it over with

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Stolen from the Public Shaming tumblr

"“Fastfood restaurant workers will strike at several locations across Atlanta tomorrow demanding $15 an hour.” BC FLIPPING BURGERS IS SOHARD"

read the tweets from the bottom up:

e: sweet everloving christ there's like fifteen of them.

“Why are fast food workers going on strike. Go to school & get a degree so you can have a real job and make that much money! #FastFoodStrike”

"If you strike fast food for more pay your stupid lol it’s a beginners job why tf would you get paid 15$ a hour?"

"The fact that fast food workers are on strike internationally for a union and $15/hr wage is stupid. Get a real loving job."

RareAcumen has a new favorite as of 05:07 on May 16, 2014

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Anyone who thinks Australia pays twice as much for products that are sold using minimum wage labor just needs to look at the Big Mac Index to see that they are completely and totally wrong.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Someone stop me oh my god I am arguing with an idiot and I cannot stop myself.

Karma Comedian has a new favorite as of 05:35 on May 16, 2014

Finisher1
Feb 21, 2008

Wizard of Smart posted:

Someone stop me oh my god I am arguing with an idiot and I cannot save myself.

You're arguing with someone who honestly thinks that getting D's in high school means you "don't deserve" to earn a basic living wage.

Just walk away dude.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Wizard of Smart posted:

Someone stop me oh my god I am arguing with an idiot and I cannot stop myself.

Maybe if you hadn't been shot in the leg when you got robbed, you'd be able to run that marathon. Sorry life dealt you a bad hand. Should've tried harder.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Finisher1 posted:

You're arguing with someone who honestly thinks that getting D's in high school means you "don't deserve" to earn a basic living wage.

Just walk away dude.

If you fail in high school, you fail in life. Shouldn't have smoked all that meth. Bring in the firing squad. We're having your family killed. This is what all of this sounds like to me. There's so much talk of being "anti-entitlement" and yet they all sound like self-entitled sociopaths.

Salt the goddamn earth.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I love this thread so god drat much. It's nice to know I'm not the only one with awful sociopathic shitlord "friends." I always want to scream "I got a degree from a good school and did everything I was supposed to and I still barely make more than minimum wage part time!" but I know that somehow, somewhere, it was probably just my fault.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Finisher1 posted:

Just walk away dude.

I got like all D's and E's in High school. Once I was out of High School I was making like 30k a year after about a year. This just continued to go up until oh about 2008 when I lost my then current job at about 48k a year. I now make less than 12k a year, and I'm loving grateful for it. Grateful for anything really. And I wish I got all my taxes back. I got 400 bucks for my federal returns.

And it's funny because I never once did drugs in high school. But during that stint of not horribly paying jobs? EVERYONE I knew did drugs. Now that I'm poor again, don't know anyone who does em because at 12k a year you just can't loving afford the stuff.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

DrNutt posted:

I love this thread so god drat much. It's nice to know I'm not the only one with awful sociopathic shitlord "friends." I always want to scream "I got a degree from a good school and did everything I was supposed to and I still barely make more than minimum wage part time!" but I know that somehow, somewhere, it was probably just my fault.

I ended up bringing this up to him and he said (I swear to god)

quote:

Then they shouldn't have gotten a degree in left handed European artwork or the effects of Russian radiation on the Japanese fishing industry. Or better yet :drunroll: they shouldn't have gone to college and just gone into the workforce.

To which I said

quote:

Corey, you have no idea what you're talking about, man.

HAH! "GET AN EDUCATION AND GET A BETTER JOB! Got an education and couldnt get a job? SHOULDNT HAVE GOTTEN THE EDUCATION AND JUST GONE INTO THE WORKFORCE!"

hahahahahahahahahahahaha oh man. What does cognitive dissonance feel like?

And walked away.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Wizard of Smart posted:

I ended up bringing this up to him and he said (I swear to god)

To which I said

And walked away.

Good god what a piece of poo poo.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

DrNutt posted:

I'll skip to the punchline.
It's because you: didn't get one of the "good degrees" / didn't get the right internship / didn't do enough networking / don't have a linkedin account / should join my pyramid scheme business selling soap / are too picky about jobs / don't want it bad enough / should go work on an oil rig instead.

Did I miss any of the :smug: replies?

Two people on my feed posted this stupid meme image about THE FRIENDZONE

One of the guys who posted it is a divorced almost-30 I went to high school with. I know for a fact he fits into the second category of "douchebag who treats women like poo poo", so he shouldn't have any trouble dating, right?

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

I guess the retort would be "I meant a loving useful education like medicine or law"

To which I suppose the reply would be "Great! Let me pay for that with all the money my parents don't have, and enter probably the most competitive parts of the job market"

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

NASA posted about the California wildfires.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

Picnic Princess posted:

NASA posted about the California wildfires.

I loving hate Facebook.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Just to clarify: the guy who posted this is just a guy. It's his link, which is actually among the most professional web design Hawaii has to offer.

shabbat goy
Oct 4, 2008

So this is maybe the opposite of idiots on social media, but this is the best Facebook page: Bodybuilders Against Tipping

A few recent posts:

I guess the real idiots are the people who follow the page and actually leave zero tips and write "#BodybuildersAgainstTipping" on the receipts, but I'm going to assume those aren't real...

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

I'm against the tipping of bodybuilders, too. They're so top-heavy from all those benches they've pressed, their centre of gravity is all hosed up. It's unfair, to leave them flopping on the ground like a turtle :smith:

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Diabetes By Sundown posted:

I guess the real idiots are the people who follow the page and actually leave zero tips and write "#BodybuildersAgainstTipping" on the receipts, but I'm going to assume those aren't real...

Yeah that just screams "poo poo that didn't happen made-up persona." It just reads like somebody screaming for attention by being all "oh yeah I buy and sell houses, I totally flip those things, because I'm such a good real estate agent. I have a miata and expensive poo poo oh yeah gurl you want this."

Of course it's also pathetic if it is true. Lord knows if I was a woman I'd be all over a self-absorbed poo poo head like that any day.

Actually, isn't more or less the opposite a piece of common dating advice? As in, watch how somebody treats waitstaff. Chances are they're worse to people they're in relationships with. Of course I also formerly served so my opinion is a touch biased.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
That bodybuilder page is just an over-elaborate troll, FYI.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Someone just shared this unironically.

The worst part is that she's a teacher at the ludicrously progressive private school I went from kindergarten all the way through high school. You would think she has a better understanding of...anything.

EDIT: She deleted it after I called it out for being stupid.

Henchman of Santa has a new favorite as of 14:47 on May 16, 2014

moerketid
Jul 3, 2012

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

I'm against the tipping of bodybuilders, too. They're so top-heavy from all those benches they've pressed, their centre of gravity is all hosed up. It's unfair, to leave them flopping on the ground like a turtle :smith:

Is it bad that this was the first thing that came to mind when I read bodybuilders against tipping?

Alien Arcana
Feb 14, 2012

You're related to soup, Admiral.
#CowsAgainstTipping

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

FrozenVent posted:

That bodybuilder page is just an over-elaborate troll, FYI.

I like to think ''miata'' is the clever nod to anyone paying attention

Patchouli Patrol
Nov 11, 2007

:allears:

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below

Takoluka posted:

The worst was when I lived in a party house with a few friends when I was in the Air Force. We had people over nearly every weekend and since we hardly ever emptied the bathroom trash cans, they tended to get rather full. One day my roommate and I came home from work, walked up the stairs only to find the ground covered in used shredded pads and a tampon that the dog had managed to pull out of the trash. The remains of several pads were scattered all over...so disgusting. We learned to keep the doors closed after that.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

The Ultra Magnus avatar just makes it. Please tell me he has a status saying "I can't deal with ______ now"

silencekit
May 1, 2014

Spoken like a true white man:

And then you have this guy:

silencekit has a new favorite as of 19:16 on May 16, 2014

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

I know why it happened, but it will never not be funny to me that these Super Edgy Anarchist types wear the face of an arch-conservative.

Double Plus Good
Nov 4, 2009

Henchman of Santa posted:

Someone just shared this unironically.

The worst part is that she's a teacher at the ludicrously progressive private school I went from kindergarten all the way through high school. You would think she has a better understanding of...anything.

EDIT: She deleted it after I called it out for being stupid.

I live in the bible belt, and the amount of people who have posted this with some variation of "makes you think" or "pray for our nation" is just staggering. Also, if I never have to see this loving Matt Walsh blog again I'll be happy: http://themattwalshblog.com/2014/05/12/homophobic-rant-michael-sam/2/#wDeouDeEDSFm7S2C.01

quote:

Liberal blogs made much ado about the few random Tweets they could find from people expressing disgust about Sam kissing his boyfriend. What these instigators won’t mention is that, in order to get to the ‘bad people,’ they had to wade through thousands of Twitter users falling over themselves in a competition to see who could use the most glowing adjectives to describe watching two men smooch on Sportscenter.
There’s nothing brave about any of this. You can’t measure a man’s bravery by his ability to endure high-fives and congratulations from millions of fawning fans.
And heroic?
To call this heroic is to obliterate the meaning of the word. I’m sure Sam will hear some taunts and jeers, but the people taunting and jeering will be swiftly and immediately punished. He also won’t encounter anywhere near the level of accepted mockery and derision that another well known football player faced...

"a few random tweets" ah yes, that's definitely what those drat gays are complaining about, not literal institutionalized discrimination and decades of fear-forced invisibility. The tweets, those liberals!

Also, this guy's description of himself is just the turd cherry on the poo poo sundae: "Matt Walsh is a blogger, writer, and professional sayer of truths."

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
there's a guy in the hospital in my town right now because he got beat up and kicked in the head because someone thought he was hitting on them in the bathroom of the country and western bar and we can't allow a homo to exist, but you know what, one time somebody made fun of a guy for being christian so we all know who's the real victims in this country don't we

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
So two days ago, a guy posted a status saying that if women wanted to be perfect, they should work on being pretty and shutting up, and commented that parents should endeavor to raise their daughters that way. It's since been deleted. (I have a screenshot, but it's in French)

Today he posts a pictures of an ultrasound, turns out he's having a girl. :suicide:

• Locked thread