Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That Irish Gal
Jul 8, 2012

Your existence amounts to nothing more than a goldfish swimming upriver.

PS: We are all actually cats

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Wario admits to being a greedy self-serving poo poo though, which flies in the face of Objectivism.
Which is all about ambiguously justifying greed as a moral good.

'Whaaaat's a philosophy? Is it worth anything?'

"Waaa, it's a-me, Anarcho-Capitalist! Fucka You, gotta Mine :cawg:"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Mr. Soop posted:

So he's an Objectivist then? I always knew the name 'Wario' was an anagram for 'John Galt'. :10bux:

I could be convinced to re-read Atlas Shrugged if you replaced most of the characters we're supposed to like with Wario.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Just gonna leave this here.

Condolences on the layoff, Betus. Unless you were just making it up for a face pun.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Serperoth posted:

I could be convinced to re-read Atlas Shrugged if you replaced most of the characters we're supposed to like with Wario.

John Galt's speech now three hundred pages of "WAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA"

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger

Really Pants posted:

John Galt's speech now three hundred pages of Farts

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

A_Raving_Loon posted:

John Galt's speech now three hundred pages of Farts

I thought the point was to change the book.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I do like how a couple times they just park green stars in a place you're not supposed to fall down into. Sure you've only got one shot but everybody in the galaxy is faxing you 1-ups by this point.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

If you could live as many lives as you wanted and never had to die permanently unless you desired to do so, but you had to buy and operate a fax machine for your house in order to do it, would you? I dunno if I would want to buy a fax machine that I'd only use for one thing.

Major_JF
Oct 17, 2008

Ariong posted:

If you could live as many lives as you wanted and never had to die permanently unless you desired to do so, but you had to buy and operate a fax machine for your house in order to do it, would you? I dunno if I would want to buy a fax machine that I'd only use for one thing.

I would even if I had to get an extra dedicated phone line.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Ariong posted:

No joke; to get a transcript from a college I took a couple of dual-enrollment courses in highschool at for my Gradschool application this week, I had to use a fax machine to fax a copy of a form over to the school.

Diabetus
Jul 5, 2004

:mario: Part XXXVII - World 3 Green Stars :mario:

Baldurdash / YouTube
(guests: TurboC & thevoiceofdog)

Mr DJB
Nov 1, 2009

I will devour your soul while you sleep...
Bluigime!

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The Art Academy Miiverse has all your anime luigi needs covered

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Help Im Alive posted:

"Next, you're going to say...MAMMA MIA!"

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I think playing as NUTHIN BUT LUIGI is making a lot of the green stars that you have to do cool trick jumps to get with Mario seem trivial and dull.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I think the green stars seem trivial and dull.

FTFY

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Sure the Green Stars are lazy but it's better than the SMG1 alternative

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

I always wondered what Luigi would look like if he were in the music video for Take On Me by A-ha. Now this eternal mystery has been solved.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Manatee Cannon posted:

I always wondered what Luigi would look like if he were in the music video for Take On Me by A-ha. Now this eternal mystery has been solved.

There is so much anime of the mario bros you have no idea. Luigi especially gets anime'd all the time.

evilspacehopper
Oct 10, 2012

Hinawa remembered in death as she was in life: endlessly eating birds.

Brunom1 posted:

"Next, you're going to say...MAMMA MIA!"

That reminds me, Caesar's father is named Mario complete with a red hat and moustache.

Volt Catfish posted:

I think they perfected how to do green stars in 3D world, they better hidden and you can collect all three in one run even if it's your first time through.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Volt Catfish posted:

which was...?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

You replay the entire game as Luigi.

ElTipejoLoco
Feb 27, 2013

Let me fix your avisynth scripts! It'll only take me a couple horus.
Play the exact same game again, but with Luigi. There were only 3 Green Stars and they were a part of each brother's 121, I think- I.e.-, you had to get them twice as each bro.

Unless I'm misremembering.

e:f;b

evilspacehopper posted:

And don't forget everything was the same dialogue too, the only thing that changed was Luigi would say you look like him or something like that. That's the Luigi you find in the levels not the one you play as, they didn't even replace him with Mario or anything so there were two Luigis.
Rosalina calls the non-playable Luigi your twin, and the mail-delivery Toad will remark on the fact that you're getting letters addressed to Mario. Luigi's existence is suffering, essentially. I could've sworn there's some other small dialogue changes, but they're not enough to counter the fact that you're getting the exact same stars a second time.

ElTipejoLoco fucked around with this message at 03:18 on May 18, 2014

evilspacehopper
Oct 10, 2012

Hinawa remembered in death as she was in life: endlessly eating birds.
And don't forget everything was the same dialogue too, the only thing that changed was Luigi would say you look like him or something like that. That's the Luigi you find in the levels not the one you play as, they didn't even replace him with Mario or anything so there were two Luigis.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

evilspacehopper posted:

Actually, the Luigi you played as was slightly shorter than NPC-Luigi.

Mr DJB
Nov 1, 2009

I will devour your soul while you sleep...

DoctorWhat posted:

W-w-which one do I shoot!?

Actually, don't answer. Both.

Bluebomberimo
Jan 25, 2014

DoctorWhat posted:

He didn't have fancy lighting on him either or some random small detail like that, one of them was brighter than the other as far as I remember.

But yes Super Mario Galaxy "special" side of the game was quite the adventure, I feel bad that I've effectively played the game in full four times.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Those Purple Coin Stars in Mario Galaxy that were just HERE'S A HUNDRED COINS SCATTERED ACROSS A HUGE OPEN WORLD IN PRECARIOUS SPOTS AND IF YOU DIE ONCE YOU GOTTA START ALL OVER were utter poo poo. Especially Honeyhive. gently caress that star.

Diabetus
Jul 5, 2004

:mario: Part XXXVIII - World 4 Green Stars :mario:

Baldurdash / YouTube
(guests: slowbeef)

tinkerttoy
Dec 30, 2013

by XyloJW
Wow, he's really kicking it into high gear.
I will edit this later, when I have thought of a good pun.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

Really proud of those 69 lives betus :thumbsup:

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Anime Luigi, you say?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mO26RQkfID8&t=98s

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
The FTL Race for Lubba would be the Lanius, because his noxious fumes create a space that is impossible to breathe around him.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Diabetus wants anime Luigi, does he?

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

I googled "anime luigi" and this came up on the first page.

You're welcome, Diabetus

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
I wonder how much Diabetus regrets ever mentioning Anime Luigi.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Turns out it's actually shockingly simple to get the third Chompworks Green Star without the spring powerup. Just go up high enough and you can longjump over to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32x6VI7Dnj4

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

YourAverageJoe posted:

I googled "anime luigi" and this came up on the first page.

You're welcome, Diabetus

This is not the weirdest Touhou crossover I've seen.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

I think we need a darker angry anime Luigi.

Also, to share something interesting from TCRF:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

SystemLogoff posted:

I think we need a darker angry anime Luigi.

That's clearly Waluigi in a green suit, not Luigi.

• Locked thread