Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.

epitasis posted:

bring back john c. reilly, bring back every game that isn't would you rather

whooooooooooooooSAID IT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Giger has died and I'm a horrible person because the first thing I thought after reading the headline was "low T".

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Happy Hedonist posted:

Giger has died and I'm a horrible person because the first thing I thought after reading the headline was "low T".

I'm worse, I saw that his passing was related to a fall and wondered if it left him with a bruce bruise in the shape of the Virgin Mary Madonna.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
I saw that Giger died and was sad he won't make it onto any further episodes of The Travel Bug! with August Lindt!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
You know they're not really pilots right?

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

Mr. Squishy posted:

You know they're not really pilots right?

But if Andy went the sequel route for some for a next season that one would definitely be a top priority.

Anyway, when I heard about Giger my first reaction was to check Matt Gourley's twitter, and then I hopped over to his instagram to look at pictures of his cat like I always do because that little fat guy (girl) is loving ADORABLE.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
At last, an end to the sufferings.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme
"Hello this is Jay Davidson, I'm looking for my penis" *smash cut to Earwolf button* loving killed me, as did the character theft toward the end of ZZZZZIP!

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Daye Javidson

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Why was anyone complaining about an episode with Little Shop of Horrors singing in it?

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Teenage Fansub posted:

Why was anyone complaining about an episode with Little Shop of Horrors singing in it?

Some people just want to watch the world burn.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
I am sick of the mnemonic devices (that was hilarious in the first one and just increasingly annoying since) and they are running out of material for Fourville...On the other hand, the three of them come up with some absolutely fantastic material together. The entire end bit was incredible.

I also didn't realise Scottrick was actually talented and could do a pretty decent Fourvel (though it did dip into Woody Allen a little bit) and other characters.

Bobby Moynihan is so loving good, like goddamn. He needs to be on more episodes with different characters.

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
And that's why I was forced to surgically attach your hands to your face.

VagueRant posted:

Bobby Moynihan is so loving good, like goddamn. He needs to be on more episodes with different characters.

And I never would have known how funny he is if it wasn't for comedy bang bang. He's also pretty likable whenever he shows up on the Chris Gethard show, but much more low key. Otherwise, has he done much else where you can see that side of him?

Beeez
May 28, 2012
I know SNL is widely hated these days, maybe rightly maybe not, but he does do some good stuff on that.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I think he's pretty hilarious on SNL. He hasn't done the character in years, but maybe search Hulu/google for his weirdo Guy Fieri-esque manga-loving waiter who can't stop mentioning that he smells pepper. It's a very 10 to 1 sketch so it totally has a CBB vibe to it

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I don't think I actually ever got around to the pepper sketch (I saw the episode, but missed that bit), but I remember it going down like a lead balloon in the chat thread. Funny how he had an awkward start and now is rock solid reliable.

Beeez posted:

I know SNL is widely hated these days, maybe rightly maybe not, but he does do some good stuff on that.

I wouldn't say SNL is anymore hated now than it has over the last 2 decades, or probably over the next 2 decades either. The cast is great, the writing can be great.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
I guess I just see a lot of people talk poo poo about it and wear it as a badge of honor that they don't like SNL. To me it's very hit or miss.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Booby Moynihan is routinely the best part of SNL. Drunk Uncle, Anthony Crispino, Snagglepuss, Your Girl Snooki, My Little Kitty Cat sketch, the Getting Fired sketches he does with Cecily Strong, bro rape.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
His Guy Fieri's good too, not sure why he hasn't done that on CBB, actually. We know Scott has strong opinions on Guy Fieri.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
One of my favorite episodes is when Moynihan just played straight man. Seth Morris was on as the clothing pet store owner at the Grove. It was hilarious.

"Do you dress like a rude boy, to get around?"

"You have a pork pie hat, a three piece suit, highwater trousers, and two tone shoes, and checkered socks."

"I'm ready to answer."

I laughed my rear end off.

soggybagel fucked around with this message at 03:06 on May 17, 2014

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Also when he was Fagen Platt and had a hilarious interplay with Jenny Slate involving them kissing on top of a mountain and accidentally committing incest.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
I'm diving into the archives and I'm pretty sure the Foam Corner with St. Vincent, El Chupacabra and Galifianakis is one of the funniest things ever.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

LesterGroans posted:

I'm diving into the archives and I'm pretty sure the Foam Corner with St. Vincent, El Chupacabra and Galifianakis is one of the funniest things ever.

Tapas the morning to Jah.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

LesterGroans posted:

"OH... my." - Anne aka St. Vincent

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

cams posted:

"OH... my." - Anne aka St. Vincent

It would have been the best bit of foam without St. Vincent's reaction, but that elevated it to the best moment in CBB history.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Zach Galifianakis giving him pointers is also pretty great.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Beeez posted:

Zach Galifianakis giving him pointers is also pretty great.

Ya that really made it for me. Especially because lists of non sequiturs (while he played piano) was the core of his act for years.

lookoutbelow
Mar 3, 2004

LesterGroans posted:

Harris seemed even more mystified [e: stoned] than usual.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Scott talked a little more about *chuckles* an all new Maron in a recent interview:

Your show airs right after your fellow comedy- podcaster Marc Maron’s TV show, “Maron.” You two are sort of rivals. He seems to prefer stand-up to improv comedy.
Marc actually has a goofy sense of humor, but he doesn’t do that in his own act. His own act is more a personal examination of his own psychosis and born out of a desire to inform the audience about how many 20-year-olds are inclined to sleep with him. In his mind there is a difference between the wacky people and the real comics. I don’t see the distinction all that much.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I just thought of the best thing: Jessica St. Clair playing Marissa Wompler (at her "current" age) on an episode of Law & Order: SVU. Listler would be there too of course. Probably as the suspect.

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
New character from Lapkus today, my hopes are high.

e: 20 minutes in and this character is hilarious

Thoogsby fucked around with this message at 12:10 on May 19, 2014

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
If Marc Maron is so great why doesn't he get shoutouts in the new Deadpool comic? Check and Mate.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

Conduit for Sale! posted:

I just thought of the best thing: Jessica St. Clair playing Marissa Wompler (at her "current" age) on an episode of Law & Order: SVU. Listler would be there too of course. Probably as the suspect.

They'd need $100,000,000 for the special effects necessary to make her look like Marissa Wompler.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches

ArtVandelay posted:

Also when he was Fagen Platt and had a hilarious interplay with Jenny Slate involving them kissing on top of a mountain and accidentally committing incest.

I love the Fagen Platt episode, it's really underrated. "The Vlassic pickle stork!?"

Lapkus killed it again today, I hope her upcoming superstardom doesn't keep her from doing the podcast.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
I wonder if this character is the one she's doing on the TV show this year, Scott said during his AMA that it wouldn't be Traci.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Beeez posted:

I wonder if this character is the one she's doing on the TV show this year, Scott said during his AMA that it wouldn't be Traci.

I hope it's Todd. I listened to the Todd's Life 2.0 episode yesterday for maybe the first time since it came out and enjoyed it way more than I remembered. Todd's pride in having seduced his own mother was consistently funny, as was Scott's inability to remember what gender pronouns he was supposed to use.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Well, they aren't doing Wompler or Reardon because they don't how to pull them off visually, so I think they might feel the same way about turning Lauren into a little boy. Also, I never listened to Todd's Life 2.0 because Eric Andre seems like a creep.

Beeez fucked around with this message at 19:20 on May 19, 2014

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Beeez posted:

Well, they aren't doing Wompler or Reardon because they don't how to pull them off visually, so I think they might feel the same way about turning Lauren into a little boy. Also, I never listened to Todd's Life 2.0 because Eric Andre seems like a creep.

Eric andre is legit hilarious and I have no idea how you think he is a creep.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Why is he constantly taking his dick out? If anyone else did that, they'd be labeled a creep in most situations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

Beeez posted:

Why is he constantly taking his dick out? If anyone else did that, they'd be labeled a creep in most situations.

Because taking your dick out on TV is really funny