Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Kind of a lame season, I think. Spencer feels like a watered-down Stephen The Wizzard, and Tony is kind of a direct-to-dvd Russell.

Save us, Special Agent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

LostRook posted:

My prediction:

In the attempt to make the biggest move in Survivor history, Kass votes herself out #ChaosKass. During the reunion in the attempt to make it all about herself by she literally self-immolates.

I hope we get at least one more #chaoskass on-screen mention. It's my favorite hashtag ever, even better than #survivormeltdown

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Just listened to the exit interview with Trish on RHAP, it was more fun than is expected. She HATES Kass, like even more than they showed on the season. She had nice things to say about Lindsay and talked about how she'd much rather be around Lindsay than spend another second near Kass. It sounds like Kass is getting a pretty kind edit and is actually even more unbearable than what we've seen.

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
Rooting for Kass to somehow pull out the win 20% because it would be funny, 10% because I want a Brain to win and don't like Spencer, 10% because I actually think she's played an okay game for a first-timer, and 60% for the ensuing goon meltdown.

I don't know how likely it is, but anyone saying she has literally no chance of winning is nuts. One hypothetical scenario: a final 2 of Woo and Kass. LJ and Jefra are bitter that Woo turned on them and vote Kass. Tony reluctantly votes for Kass because he considers the only good move in Survivor to be voting him out, and Kass is directly responsible. Spencer gives an impassioned speech about how he hates both of them, yet Kass "made big moves" and Woo did not. His speech persuades Tasha. Bam, 5 out of 9 votes.

Is it likely? No, but certainly possible.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I only want Kass to win after causing a Tony outburst in the finals. It would be the right ending to the story. Tony lost because he's undisciplined and Kass is convinced she is a mastermind.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Adus posted:

I hate it too, but the lack of it is more of a kind of worrying implication for the state of the show.

If they decided to just get rid of it because people hate it then that would be fine, but I have a feeling a large portion of the audience still thinks those episodes are sweet.

The large portion of the audience also voted for Jane as fan favourite.

gently caress the audience

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

BGrifter posted:

Just listened to the exit interview with Trish on RHAP, it was more fun than is expected. She HATES Kass, like even more than they showed on the season. She had nice things to say about Lindsay and talked about how she'd much rather be around Lindsay than spend another second near Kass. It sounds like Kass is getting a pretty kind edit and is actually even more unbearable than what we've seen.

Can you please stop posting things like this? I know it's minor and maybe I'm just being too sensitive, but I don't like seeing stuff from players that know what happens in the end.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

blue squares posted:

Can you please stop posting things like this? I know it's minor and maybe I'm just being too sensitive, but I don't like seeing stuff from players that know what happens in the end.
I don't like a lot of the interview and twitter stuff either. They're not exactly spoilers, but we knew Trish and Tony hated Kass long before there was a reason or they had spent much time together.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

blue squares posted:

In general I think people need to spoil any comment from any player, whether it be about the game directly or whatever. I mean, the "fireside chats" between Spencer and Tony basically confirm they are in the final two, they wouldn't be spending time essentially antagonizing each other via sms if it wasn't just them screwing around until they found out which one of them wins. Even very early on it was clear this was the case, but people were in here all "hey everyone look at all this discussion between two players who haven't even met in the game yet" I wonder how far they get :downs:

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Sartre and Russell are my heroes

Mercaptopropyl posted:

I generally don't read into the editing, but based on the editing so far I just don't see us ending up with a Kass/Woo F2.

Survivor Sucks seems firmly convinced that based on editing patterns it's a Kass/Woo F2, while Rob Cesternino and Stephen Fishbach said Spencer has a "99% chance of winning" (similarly going off the edit). We'll see who's right next Wednesday, eh?

JesusSinfulHands fucked around with this message at 04:25 on May 16, 2014

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

blue squares posted:

I agree with your general point, but Trish hating Kass isn't the most revealing tidbit heh.

Just listening to Trish's exit interview on RHAP now though and I think it's the most revealing one so far. She keeps saying Tony voted her out because he thought she was a threat and would beat him, and he voted along making it 4-1 instead of staying with her making it 3-2, because he knew she'd respect him more if he stood by "his move" of voting her out and didn't try to fake not being involved. Which all sounds to me like she bought the typical load of horseshit that people at final tribal try to sell to the jury. "I voted you out because I was afraid of you, and respected you so much."

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 04:49 on May 16, 2014

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
So, let's compile a list of things that you apparently HAVE to know how to do before going on Survivor.

As of right now, all I have is "Make a Fire", "Swim", and "Do Sliding Puzzles".

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Capsaicin posted:

So, let's compile a list of things that you apparently HAVE to know how to do before going on Survivor.

That's a pretty comprehensive list really.

You could throw "braid leaves together to make roof that is at least mostly waterproof" and "basic hut construction techniques" if you want to be a god to your tribe, but it's not like their gratitude is gonna keep your rear end safe, so... eh.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Capsaicin posted:

"Untying Knots Underwater"
"Throwing Balls"
"Balancing"
"Building Spy Shacks"

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
This is the best final four I can remember.

Also, Woo's analogy of him as the foreign exchange student...amazing.

This season loving owns.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Firstborn posted:

Kind of a lame season, I think. Spencer feels like a watered-down Stephen The Wizzard, and Tony is kind of a direct-to-dvd Russell.

Save us, Special Agent.

Lame, really? Compared to the stream of returners and the rare all newbie seasons full of people who have never watched the show, this season is groundbreaking stuff.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Firstborn posted:

Save us, Special Agent.

Tony is kind of what you'd get if a mad scientist created a child from Russell and Phillip's DNA.

Giodo!
Oct 29, 2003

Shakugan posted:

In general I think people need to spoil any comment from any player, whether it be about the game directly or whatever. I mean, the "fireside chats" between Spencer and Tony basically confirm they are in the final two, they wouldn't be spending time essentially antagonizing each other via sms if it wasn't just them screwing around until they found out which one of them wins. Even very early on it was clear this was the case, but people were in here all "hey everyone look at all this discussion between two players who haven't even met in the game yet" I wonder how far they get :downs:

I think that it is silly to put spoilers around the speculation that you have there, as I think that scenario is almost impossible. Why in the world would Spencer or Tony win immunity at 3 and pick the other one to go to the final 2 with them? That's like the least likely final 2. If the final 3 includes both Spencer and Tony and one of them wins final immunity, they're taking Woo/Kass.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Fast Luck posted:

I agree with your general point, but Trish hating Kass isn't the most revealing tidbit heh.

Just listening to Trish's exit interview on RHAP now though and I think it's the most revealing one so far. She keeps saying Tony voted her out because he thought she was a threat and would beat him, and he voted along making it 4-1 instead of staying with her making it 3-2, because he knew she'd respect him more if he stood by "his move" of voting her out and didn't try to fake not being involved. Which all sounds to me like she bought the typical load of horseshit that people at final tribal try to sell to the jury. "I voted you out because I was afraid of you, and respected you so much."

I think that's probably true though. His vote for Trish was nothing more than extra insurance that Kass stays and likely goes to FTC with him - assuming he makes it that far in the next couple of rounds. Spencer had immunity, so no votes go for him. He correctly read that the others were voting Trish and not Woo.

If Tony gives Trish the HII, Kass goes home, regardless of where he votes.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Giodo! posted:

I think that it is silly to put spoilers around the speculation that you have there, as I think that scenario is almost impossible. Why in the world would Spencer or Tony win immunity at 3 and pick the other one to go to the final 2 with them? That's like the least likely final 2. If the final 3 includes both Spencer and Tony and one of them wins final immunity, they're taking Woo/Kass.

I doubt it's a final 2 season (I think they decide this on the fly based on how interesting either one would be, in this case a final 2 is boring).

Kass is dumb enough to take Spencer and Tony since she somehow doesn't get that she's the goat, and the other two could very easily think Woo's hands are too clean with jury votes in mind.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Giodo! posted:

Tony mega-hates Kass and might also be stupid-honorable enough to want to take his best competitor to Final 2? Spencer definitely would axe Tony in a heartbeat, but Tony's less predictable.

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Sartre and Russell are my heroes

IRQ posted:

I doubt it's a final 2 season (I think they decide this on the fly based on how interesting either one would be, in this case a final 2 is boring).

Kass is dumb enough to take Spencer and Tony since she somehow doesn't get that she's the goat, and the other two could very easily think Woo's hands are too clean with jury votes in mind.

I'm going to have to agree with Ghostpilot that a Spencer/Tony F2 is basically impossible. Tony mega-hates Kass already and just voted off his strongest ally because he so desperately wants to take Kass to the end. Tony's plan is 100% taking Kass to the very end.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Tide posted:

I think that's probably true though. His vote for Trish was nothing more than extra insurance that Kass stays and likely goes to FTC with him - assuming he makes it that far in the next couple of rounds. Spencer had immunity, so no votes go for him. He correctly read that the others were voting Trish and not Woo.

If Tony gives Trish the HII, Kass goes home, regardless of where he votes.
If, as you say, he correctly read the others were voting Trish, then voting off Trish wasn't his move. Wouldn't he have rather voted off Woo than Trish?

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

JesusSinfulHands posted:

I'm going to have to agree with Ghostpilot that a Spencer/Tony F2 is basically impossible. Tony mega-hates Kass already and just voted off his strongest ally because he so desperately wants to take Kass to the end. Tony's plan is 100% taking Kass to the very end.

There's still time for Kass or Woo to pull an Eric from Caramoan.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Fast Luck posted:

If, as you say, he correctly read the others were voting Trish, then voting off Trish wasn't his move. Wouldn't he have rather voted off Woo than Trish?

I don't think so.

Woo has largely been invisible. He hasn't rocked challenges, he's made no real connection with anyone, and he's not been the architect of any 'big moves'. He really doesn't have much of a Survivor resume. He's just kinda...there.

While Trish hasn't been a challenge star OR made any big moves (that I can think of), she's at least made some social connections with the people that have been voted off. That said, the reception of Trish at Ponderosa was a bit weird. So, who knows.

The only threat Woo brings to the table is some sort of balance/endurance challenge. That is a risk for Tony as it seems like Woo and Spencer kind of cancel each other out in that regards - but Tony should be rooting for Woo to beat Spencer (assuming Tony doesn't win immunity). So Tony is going to play it out and keep Kass on his side to vote out whoever doesn't win the next immunity challenge (assuming Woo or Spencer is the winner).

I think the next immunity challenge is going to determine the winner of the game. The wildcard is Woo winning immunity + teaming up with Kass = voting out Tony. Maybe Woo and Kass vote Tony, Tony and Spencer vote Kass, and they (Tony and Kass) end up drawing rocks.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Fast Luck posted:

If he wanted Woo gone, Woo would have been gone. Tony had the power to control who of Trish, Woo, and Kass left. He decided it'd be Trish.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Pinterest Mom posted:

If he wanted Woo gone, Woo would have been gone. Tony had the power to control who of Trish, Woo, and Kass left. He decided it'd be Trish.

That would have required him to use his HII on her, which in turn weakens his f4 idol bluff considerable. I can not imagine a scenario in which we get a Tony/Spencer final2 outside of Spencer saying "eh, lets take tony, I will win in a landslide anyway and he makes for good TV".

Toaster Ding
Apr 30, 2006

JesusSinfulHands posted:

Why aren't we spoilering these kinds of things? They haven't mentioned it on the show yet have they?

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Capsaicin posted:

Not show up on day one and order people to do things. I don't think it ever worked out for the person who did that, and there are seemingly countless examples of it failing spectacularly.

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

Kid, touch is for video games and gynecologists

Toaster Ding posted:

Why aren't we spoilering these kinds of things? They haven't mentioned it on the show yet have they?

No, but several of the commercials for the finale have confirmed this and even since day 1 there has been speculation of this being a final 2. Does it really spoil that much that it's a final 2 as opposed to a final 3? The only thing that would ruin it is if you know who the FTC people are.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Bjay9 posted:

No, but several of the commercials for the finale have confirmed this and even since day 1 there has been speculation of this being a final 2. Does it really spoil that much that it's a final 2 as opposed to a final 3? The only thing that would ruin it is if you know who the FTC people are.

Yes.

Some people don't want next episode previews, or commercials or whatever. I despise any sort of foreknowledge about what will happen in shows/movies etc, and many people are the same. So regardless of how much of a spoiler someone thinks something is, if it's something that can't be figured out from watching nothing but the episodes themselves, it should be spoiled.

In this particular instance, if you hadn't been spoiled that it was a final 2, it would be a massive surprise. One that is now ruined for anyone who reads this thread.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Shakugan posted:

Yes.

Some people don't want next episode previews, or commercials or whatever. I despise any sort of foreknowledge about what will happen in shows/movies etc, and many people are the same. So regardless of how much of a spoiler someone thinks something is, if it's something that can't be figured out from watching nothing but the episodes themselves, it should be spoiled.

In this particular instance, if you hadn't been spoiled that it was a final 2, it would be a massive surprise. One that is now ruined for anyone who reads this thread.

Tony wins the game and builds a hot dog stand called The Spy Shack with his money.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

mr.capps posted:

Tony wins the game and builds a hot dog stand called The Spy Shack with his money.

Still not as good as dogbar.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

The absolute best part of every survivor thread: the unbelievable freaking out posters do about the most innocuous of "spoilers"

Protip: a rules clarification is not a spoiler

NieR Occomata fucked around with this message at 20:14 on May 16, 2014

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Final two should be public knowledge simply because it's so vital to the discussion of the show going into the final episode.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Tide posted:

While Trish hasn't been a challenge star OR made any big moves (that I can think of), she's at least made some social connections with the people that have been voted off. That said, the reception of Trish at Ponderosa was a bit weird. So, who knows.

I haven't seen the Ponderosa video, what happened that was weird?

GaussianCopula posted:

That would have required him to use his HII on her, which in turn weakens his f4 idol bluff considerable. I can not imagine a scenario in which we get a Tony/Spencer final2 outside of Spencer saying "eh, lets take tony, I will win in a landslide anyway and he makes for good TV".

I don't think it really weakens his bluff or that it was part of his reason for not playing it for Trish, what he said to Jeff when he did play it for himself seemed like the opposite of what someone should say if that was the case.

Metropolis
Apr 6, 2006

CapnAndy posted:

That's a pretty comprehensive list really.

You could throw "braid leaves together to make roof that is at least mostly waterproof" and "basic hut construction techniques" if you want to be a god to your tribe, but it's not like their gratitude is gonna keep your rear end safe, so... eh.

Gratitude for providing never really helps. All it really gets you is avoiding the "well this guy doesn't do poo poo at all!" point people use when trying to get someone voted off, which is never actually their only point or even something they really care about much.

However, being able to build a good shelter is still a valuable skill because then you don't have to live in a lovely shelter for the first half of the game. The first few tribal immunity and reward challenges can have a pretty big domino effect. If your team is nicely sheltered and fed while the other team is cold, tired, and hungry, the odds of those first few challenges tilt in your favour a decent amount. Then you win the rewards and have an advantage in challenges (because you can sit out your weakest members) and you will have numbers on your side post-swap/post-merge which can be pretty big. Of course many tribes still implode even with numbers advantages so it's just one of many factors in the game.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

savinhill posted:

I haven't seen the Ponderosa video, what happened that was weird?

they were pretty cold to her. Contrasted to Tasha, who got a SUPER warm welcome, they weren't really that happy to see her. Plus she said something about how it was a relief to be out of the game and LJ/Jeremiah gave catty interviews about how they'd give anything to be back in.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Poque posted:

they were pretty cold to her. Contrasted to Tasha, who got a SUPER warm welcome, they weren't really that happy to see her. Plus she said something about how it was a relief to be out of the game and LJ/Jeremiah gave catty interviews about how they'd give anything to be back in.

I was kind of surprised a few pages back to see everyone thinking that the jury would just be so in love with Tony and think his animal noises were wacky and hilarious while frowning at Kass for being so mean and rude to Trish.

Clearly Kass isn't the most popular person in camp, but Tony has directly lied to and betrayed EVERY single person in his original alliance and quite frankly didn't have a great reason for a lot of them. There may be a generalized dislike of Kass among most of the jurors, but there's probably a lot of targeted animosity towards Tony and Trish right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hhhmmm
Jan 1, 2006
...?
I've been watching Survivor Micronesia (Fans vs favorites).

At some point Ozzy makes a dumb decision on not playing the immunity idol, and I thought that was the comment from the OP on "including the manipulation of someone to make one of the stupidest plays in Survivor history". As not playing the immunity idol at that point was really dumb by ozzy.

The actual "stupidest play" was a hilarious surprise after that. I'm still somewhere between "ah that was painful to watch" and laughing about it.

HEY LETS DO A PLAY THAT IN NO WAY REQUIRES YOU TO GIVE AWAY YOUR IMMUNITY IDOL. HOWEVER YOU STILL NEED TO GIVE AWAY YOU IMMUNITY IDOL FOR *REASONS*.
- Yeah ok that sounds like a plan
*gets voted off*

• Locked thread