Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

I like the preview of the next page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Is Max going to rescue Eightfold?

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
I can see that happening, actually.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
The preview if hilarious, I'm laughing so hard I started coughing

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I'm glad he's aware of what people are saying. But god drat do I love Max's "hmmmmm? HMMMMMM???" This isn;t the first time he's done that either.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Before everyone gets worked up: Max isn't going to die either.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I'm glad he's aware of what people are saying. But god drat do I love Max's "hmmmmm? HMMMMMM???" This isn;t the first time he's done that either.

Yes.

The more I look at this page the harder I laugh. It is perfect.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Max is not going to die. Max is already dead. PJ took the hero talk to heart, killed him offscreen, and possessed his corpse so that he could go around being a superhero with baseball bat powers. Hence why Max has got really big starey eyes this chapter.

Doctor_Blueninja
Oct 23, 2012

Just some guy with a college doctorate and a passing knowledge of what it means to be a ninja.

Fried Chicken posted:

The preview if hilarious, I'm laughing so hard I started coughing

I personally can't stop snickering at that little top hat that Max is wearing, really. If Zack wanted to just make Monday's update a dolled up version of this preview, I think I'd die happy.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
Max is definitely going to die. Player two refers to his sister, who becomes the real protagonist, on a mission to find the ghost of her brother.

Alternatively, Max rescues Eightfold, who joins him. The remainder of the story becomes about Max basically stealing everyone's pet spirits, tools, etc for himself.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
This is a good time for Max to learn how to use his magnet powers. Or just point that bat towards a metal something and hope he doesn't go splat.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Paramemetic posted:

The remainder of the story becomes about Max basically stealing everyone's pet spirits, tools, etc for himself.

Gotta catch 'em all gotta catch 'em all!

PkMN Trainer Hex Maniac Max wants to fight!

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Dias posted:

This is a good time for Max to learn how to use his magnet powers. Or just point that bat towards a metal something and hope he doesn't go splat.

Like the entire train. Basically if he turns on the magnet at all he should stick to the side of it and be okay.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Paramemetic posted:

Alternatively, Max rescues Eightfold, who joins him. The remainder of the story becomes about Max basically stealing everyone's pet spirits, tools, etc for himself.
And so, the final villain of Paranatural is revealed. The only question is who is going to be the real protagonist.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

paradoxGentleman posted:

And so, the final villain of Paranatural is revealed. The only question is who is going to be the real protagonist.

Johnny.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

paradoxGentleman posted:

Mr Starchman.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Looks like Max is dead now. Time for the Isabella show.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

He probably gonna magnet back in. Could also let us learn more about his spirit in his own speed up scene or save eightfold though.

Actually probably gonna be a scene change.

And I'm still laughing so hard at this page. Look at the last panel faces

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?
I think that, given the apparent speed of the train, Eightfold is already at least several hundred feet back.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Yeah, he's not about to rescue Eightfold, but magnet-ing back into the train is a good way out of this.

Also, maybe they're still too busy battling but I get the sense maybe Isabel won't hold Max responsible for her losing Eightfold. He's carrying his weight in this fight, and him falling out of the train is kind of Isabel's fault since she crouched down when he was kicked toward her and caused him to trip out the door. If this scene was going to end with Isabel chewing Max out for being a newbie he'd be screwing up more.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

So wonderfully avatar-worthy. I love this comic. :allears:

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Next page, Isabella is tossed out the train, Ed falls down a well, Isaac sacrifices himself for the fate of the universe, and Spender gets hit by a meteorite.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
If nothing else, this chapter has taught me of the horrendous safety practices on ghost trains. Those doors could stand to have locks on them.

Nick_326
Nov 3, 2011

History's Latest Monster

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Someone in the comments section joked that Max appears to be humming the beginning of that classical music piece ("Also sprach Zarathustra") from Space Odyssey in the last 3 panels, and now it's all I can hear.

Also, I'm stoked to see Max taking some initiative. :toot:

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Dolash posted:

Yeah, he's not about to rescue Eightfold, but magnet-ing back into the train is a good way out of this.

The train isn't looking very metallic right now

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Suaimhneas posted:

The train isn't looking very metallic right now

Pretty sure it's metal, given Forge's comments about it. Also, Max was able to magnet himself somewhat while in it already. He just needs to do it better, like he did with that streetlight and stuff.

Also man, all the people who do spectral energy stuff really like making super-fancy attacks. Giant wings, the chain-blade thing Spender made, most of Grandpa's stuff. They're such show-offs.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

SlothfulCobra posted:

Next page, Isabella is tossed out the train, Ed falls down a well, Isaac sacrifices himself for the fate of the universe, and Spender gets hit by a meteorite.

Johnny ascendant

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Johnny ascendant

Of what use is a bully without a nerd?

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Bongo Bill posted:

He who bullies nerds should see to it that he himself does not become a nerd.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Bongo Bill posted:

Wow, you just went full Zen Bully there. Pretty sure I'm enlightened now.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Countblanc posted:

Wow, you just went full Zen Bully there. Pretty sure I'm enlightened now.
:byodood: I'll pass a fist through your face

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

The middle of Chapter 3 really was Peak Paranatural and I wish it'd go back to more of that frenetic zaniness and little less moralizing and continuity exposition. Not that I'm not still enjoying, though!

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The moralizing is the half of the jokes though

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Goddamn, I love how Max gets nonchalant when poo poo is about to hit the fan.

That's the 2nd time he's gone HMMM and it still kills me.

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

Probably Magic posted:

The middle of Chapter 3 really was Peak Paranatural and I wish it'd go back to more of that frenetic zaniness and little less moralizing and continuity exposition. Not that I'm not still enjoying, though!

"From the people that brought you Jokes(tm), it's Lectures (patent pending)!!"

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
You're doing a real bad job of keeping people from horrible painful deaths Isabel.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Seven billion pages of, 'you must let me go! Save your hooman friend' and ten seconds later she's already hosed up.

Glorious.

Nick_326
Nov 3, 2011

History's Latest Monster
https://twitter.com/paranaturalzack/status/467948752997601280

quote:

Hello, sleeping people. I need a little extra time for Personal Stuff this weekend so there won't be an update on Monday. Thanks and sorry!

awwwww :(

I forget if it was mentioned here, but the "about" page now has links to webcomics Zack likes.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

He's taking extra time to prepare a real-life funeral service for Max's untimely death on Friday. RIP player one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Oh open the bloody cabinet already!