Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun
Hopefully that'll change his mind? Some men are complete shits to women until they have a girl that they care about and have a duty to protect. He might go into over-the-top protective dad mode, but there's a hope that he might be nicer. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Stottie Kyek posted:

Hopefully that'll change his mind? Some men are complete shits to women until they have a girl that they care about and have a duty to protect. He might go into over-the-top protective dad mode, but there's a hope that he might be nicer. :unsmith:

There are whole countries that disprove your theory.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Stottie Kyek posted:

HAHAHAHAHAHA. Look at this fool right here.

Double Plus Good posted:

I live in the bible belt, and the amount of people who have posted this with some variation of "makes you think" or "pray for our nation" is just staggering. Also, if I never have to see this loving Matt Walsh blog again I'll be happy: http://themattwalshblog.com/2014/05/12/homophobic-rant-michael-sam/2/#wDeouDeEDSFm7S2C.01

"a few random tweets" ah yes, that's definitely what those drat gays are complaining about, not literal institutionalized discrimination and decades of fear-forced invisibility. The tweets, those liberals!

Also, this guy's description of himself is just the turd cherry on the poo poo sundae: "Matt Walsh is a blogger, writer, and professional sayer of truths."
http://publicshaming.tumblr.com/post/85585170933/these-are-your-homophobic-sports-heroes-who-are
Literal sports figures are not random tweets

MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010
Getting creepy with a "duty to protect" and the whole "have her home by 8pm, I'll be sitting here cleaning my shotgun" is just as misogynistic and bad.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

MAKE NO BABBYS posted:

Getting creepy with a "duty to protect" and the whole "have her home by 8pm, I'll be sitting here cleaning my shotgun" is just as misogynistic and bad.
This reminds me of thread mentioned in an FPlus episode

http://relationships.blurtit.com/103109/how-can-i-find-out-whether-a-girl-is-virgin-or-not-

quote:

Make a huge scene about it one night start breaking stuff, if she still denys it break something bigger to get your point across. If she continues to deny it tell her to prove it it works everytime trust me lil buddy
and

quote:

If you grow grow up with old ladies you might know when to distinguish between them....but sometimes girls lie about it..... So the only way to know is to study your species, the way she carries herself is important.....virgins have a way of walking.....her legs are close to each other when she walks, but if she's not....you'll see a great deal of space with her walking....

silencekit
May 1, 2014

quote:

If you grow grow up with old ladies you might know when to distinguish between them....but sometimes girls lie about it..... So the only way to know is to study your species, the way she carries herself is important.....virgins have a way of walking.....her legs are close to each other when she walks, but if she's not....you'll see a great deal of space with her walking....

This is Cliven Bundy caliber expertise.

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax

silencekit posted:

And then you have this guy:

[timg][/timg]

Tried to pm you, but you don't have it. This guy's name is pretty visible still. Might want to put another coat of mspaint over that.

Obligatory Handle has a new favorite as of 18:02 on May 19, 2014

silencekit
May 1, 2014

Obligatory Handle posted:

Tried to pm you, but you don't have it. This guy's name is pretty visible still. Might want to put another coat of mspaint over that.

Oh, thank you. I'll fix it up.

Ana Lucia Cortez
Mar 22, 2008

It absolutely blows my mind that any father (or mother) could look into the eyes of their baby girl and decide it's perfectly justifiable to treat her as less than human for her entire life.

gobboboy
Jun 5, 2006

The pride of PITR
Sounds like you don't believe in shivery.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Ana Lucia Cortez posted:

It absolutely blows my mind that any father (or mother) could look into the eyes of their baby girl and decide it's perfectly justifiable to treat her as less than human for her entire life.

Woah, my pure virgin daughter can't have something as radical as "body autonomy". Then she might enjoy her life, and maybe have guilt-free sex, and that's unacceptable.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Obligatory Handle posted:

You should remove the image from your quote for the same reason.

silencekit
May 1, 2014

BKPR posted:

You should remove the image from your quote for the same reason.

Yeah, good call. Sorry dudes for the clumsiness.

CrowsNestMutineer
Mar 9, 2009

* Juciano makes the best damned Caesar dressing I've ever tasted in my life.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Someone just shared this unironically.

The worst part is that she's a teacher at the ludicrously progressive private school I went from kindergarten all the way through high school. You would think she has a better understanding of...anything.

EDIT: She deleted it after I called it out for being stupid.

This is a stupid argument to try to make, just on the "dog bites man" principle alone. Why are most political cartoonists so goddamn bad at their jobs?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

CrowsNestMutineer posted:

This is a stupid argument to try to make, just on the "dog bites man" principle alone. Why are most political cartoonists so goddamn bad at their jobs?

Well, riling up stupid people has a lot more to do with their job description than accurately portraying issues. So I'd say this one probably did pretty good.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

CrowsNestMutineer posted:

Why are most political cartoonists so goddamn bad at their jobs?

They're actually pretty good at it.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
This entire thread fits in this thread, I think.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

silencekit posted:

Spoken like a true white man:

To be fair, this one is just quoting Erykah Badu (@fatbellybella). Still dumb though

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

IceAgeComing posted:

This entire thread fits in this thread, I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GANFn8IoqYs

Hahaha

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action

Wizard of Smart posted:

I touched the poop. I'm Shonda Leer.

Edit: The line I forgot to expand

None of this makes any sense the minimum wage is already over 15 dollars in australia

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

swampland posted:

None of this makes any sense the minimum wage is already over 15 dollars in australia

Yeah, I think the posters are American, and they are taking objection to the comparison of Australia's minimum wage not leading to gross inflation and unemployment.

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action

canyoneer posted:

Yeah, I think the posters are American, and they are taking objection to the comparison of Australia's minimum wage not leading to gross inflation and unemployment.

Thanks, I'm hungover as gently caress right now and my brain could not make sense of it at all

burrito
Apr 6, 2011

I wish I had a taco instead.
I don't know any of these people... friends of friends. Black is just dumb, but I feel bad for red. He's trying so hard.

edit: resized

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Ana Lucia Cortez posted:

Or deciding that "We better try again" and sticking her out with the trash.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Wizard of Smart posted:

I touched the poop. I'm Shonda Leer.

Just going to go out on a limb here and guess this person has never worked a minimum wage job or it has been years since they have.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

InediblePenguin posted:

there's a guy in the hospital in my town right now because he got beat up and kicked in the head because someone thought he was hitting on them in the bathroom of the country and western bar and we can't allow a homo to exist, but you know what, one time somebody made fun of a guy for being christian so we all know who's the real victims in this country don't we

Even that implies that Tebow has ever been made fun of for being Christian as opposed to evangelical. In order for Michael Sam (or Jason Collins in this case) to be equivalent to Tebow, he would need to wear eyeblack that said "I LIKE DICKS" and bend a dude over on the sideline every time he made a play.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Even that implies that Tebow has ever been made fun of for being Christian as opposed to evangelical. In order for Michael Sam (or Jason Collins in this case) to be equivalent to Tebow, he would need to wear eyeblack that said "I LIKE DICKS" and bend a dude over on the sideline every time he made a play.

I'd start watching football.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Tracula posted:

Just going to go out on a limb here and guess this person has never worked a minimum wage job or it has been years since they have.

Most likely they believe the just world fallacy. Obviously only the lazy and stupid end up working minimum wage.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Bloopsy posted:

The worst was when I lived in a party house with a few friends when I was in the Air Force. We had people over nearly every weekend and since we hardly ever emptied the bathroom trash cans, they tended to get rather full. One day my roommate and I came home from work, walked up the stairs only to find the ground covered in used shredded pads and a tampon that the dog had managed to pull out of the trash. The remains of several pads were scattered all over...so disgusting. We learned to keep the doors closed after that.

One of my cats got into the trash and brought me a used tampon while howling like he had caught a mouse. We got covered trashcans after that.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Most likely they believe the just world fallacy. Obviously only the lazy and stupid end up working minimum wage.
Except they usually find it acceptable for teenagers to work these jobs. When I was in highschool, I worked fast food. I also came to the conclusion that fast food employees deserve more than what they are paid. Not me, because I was in highschool and didn't have to pay living expenses. But the adults who worked there deserved to be paid decently for the amount of stupid that they had to deal with, much of which was related to management.

Bored has a new favorite as of 14:43 on May 17, 2014

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
This is a good passage to link whenever someone mentions Tim Tebow.

Marley Wants More
Oct 22, 2005

woof

But there's also this

http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Mark-16-15/

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Praying isn't preaching though.

landy.
Jan 20, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Matthew 6:6 in context is telling you not to pray in public in a way that just glorifies yourself like some sort of Pharisee. Only Tebow really knows if he's praying in order to glorify himself, so it's not really a good verse to try to use against him.

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.

Bull Runner posted:

Matthew 6:6 in context is telling you not to pray in public in a way that just glorifies yourself like some sort of Pharisee. Only Tebow really knows if he's praying in order to glorify himself, so it's not really a good verse to try to use against him.

But at the same time in that context it is also speaking against praying just to show how much of a super awesome ~True Believer~ you are because everyone can see you doing Christian stuff. If anything Matthew 6:6 is saying that as long as you do pray then that's fine and it's just between you and god. Of course one could also say that it doesn't matter where you do it just as long as you are doing it but if you go around going "HEY GUYS, LET ME PRAY ABOUT THING BECAUSE I'M A CHRISTIAN AND THAT'S WHAT I DO AREN'T I GREAT!" then you are being a bit of a dick.

Personally what I take from the teachings of Jesus is "Don't be a dick." Just a pity most Christians don't read it like that.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Stottie Kyek posted:

Men who do this are at best self-centered babies (I only treat women right when I can relate to them) and at worst misogynistic protectors (women don't know what's right for them, but I do!).

And now for a highly scientific experiment. Nevermind that GMO corn is bred to be resistant to pests, which is why they might not want to eat it. And the mice I've known also eat electrical tape so I guess I'll be frying some up with dinner tonight because apparently it's ok to base what you eat on what mice eat.

Marius Pontmercy has a new favorite as of 19:04 on May 17, 2014

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

"Bernard, float over here so I can punch you."

This is a two-fer. Both "The world is becoming scary to me!" :corsair: and "LIZARDMEN CABAL!!!!!!" :supaburn:

The PROOF THAT REPTILIANS RUN THE WOOOOOORLD he was talking about :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JMUimxkx7c

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

Grraarrgghh posted:

This is a two-fer. Both "The world is becoming scary to me!" :corsair: and "LIZARDMEN CABAL!!!!!!" :supaburn:

There's also the :ironicat: of posting a screed about technology ruining human interaction TO loving FACEBOOK

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

SybilVimes posted:

There's also the :ironicat: of posting a screed about technology ruining human interaction TO loving FACEBOOK

Should have handwritten it out and mailed it via pony express to everyone interested.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
One of the girls I went to high school with constantly likes and comments on stupid I Can Haz Cheezburger cat memes. They're all from different sources, so I can't block them all. Once again, totally harmless but god are they getting annoying.

"Everypawdy" :cripes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

kinmik posted:

One of the girls I went to high school with constantly likes and comments on stupid I Can Haz Cheezburger cat memes. They're all from different sources, so I can't block them all. Once again, totally harmless but god are they getting annoying.

"Everypawdy" :cripes:

Come on, it's cute but dumb joke. No need to be catty.

• Locked thread