Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Jagchosis posted:

quote:

I remember actually backing out of going to see Harry Potter with my friends on Thanksgiving, claiming I was tired, but in actuality, I didn’t have any money for the ticket... and was too embarrassed to ask them to spot me.
:911:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badera
Jan 30, 2012

Student Brian Boyko has lost faith in America.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The struggle is real.

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

in 2005 he won a Firefly love poetry contest, haven't found his entry yet but it's gotta be out there somewhere to find and it will be wonderful

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
This is a magical post because I keep clicking each one to enlarge it and it's like unwrapping gifts on Christmas.

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

imagine him debating in the loving texas house with some bigot rancher from the panhandle

It would be glorious http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/republican-primary-candidates-idaho-governor-reveal-bizarre-views-article-1.1794585

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Wrong, he lived there for six months and was kicked out. Someone needs to scrub through some NZ news sites, I am sure there will be a Boyko story in there somewhere.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The Brian Boyko "Canada, eh?" Contest

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

efb

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
googling "brian boyko new zealand" yielded this thread, with another new (and absolutely beautiful) Boyko avatar

http://forum.austinimprov.com/viewtopic.php?p=89744

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

"It's a little bit of an honor to essentially be loathed by people," says Boyko.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Now for a Freep thread crossover

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

I'm glad this thread exists to prove, finally, and for all time, that Harvard is a four year networking event for those wealthy enough to afford it rather than a merit-based institution dedicated to improving the minds of its students.

Or at least teaching them not to use their real goddamned names across all goddamned forms of social media.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajZVgWRbedI

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Rangpur posted:

I'm glad this thread exists to prove, finally, and for all time, that Harvard is a four year networking event for those wealthy enough to afford it rather than a merit-based institution dedicated to improving the minds of its students.

Or at least teaching them not to use their real goddamned names across all goddamned forms of social media.

Haha he didn't go to Harvard.

MODS CURE JOKES
Nov 11, 2009

OFFICIAL SAS 90s REMEMBERER
This gently caress went to Harvard? I refuse to believe this. I refuse, if only because to hold thoughts otherwise would lead to my untimely death via "exploding eyes syndrome".

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

MODS CURE JOKES posted:

This gently caress went to Harvard? I refuse to believe this. I refuse, if only because to hold thoughts otherwise would lead to my untimely death via "exploding eyes syndrome".

Dork money is the same color as WASP money.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

MODS CURE JOKES posted:

No he went to UT.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
The guy who created MayOne.us is a Harvard professor, the OP is just someone who likes MayOne

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

XyloJW posted:

The guy who created MayOne.us is a Harvard professor, the OP is just someone who likes MayOne

He's listed on their Website as their Deputy CTO, whatever the gently caress that means.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Deputy Chief Technical Officer.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

zoux posted:

= Assistant

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Kn9BWY6tfw

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

zoux posted:

"Guy who everyone says is good with computers."

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Sorry our Deputy Huge Piece of poo poo position is filled, perhaps you'd like to apply for another job.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Son of christ

SON OF CHRIST

zoux posted:

Imagine a world in which Mr. Boyko represented a real challenge to the Republican incumbent. Now imagine the look of the face on the incumbent's staff member when he googled the words "Brian Boyko" for the first time.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

zoux posted:

yeah I know what CTO means, I don't know how it's applicable to what he's doing

sitchensis
Mar 4, 2009

I seriously can't believe this is a real person

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
Is this guy the funniest thing to ever happen on DnD?

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Miltank posted:

He's certainly earning a lot of strangecoin marbles in our attention economy.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Miltank posted:

He'd be a lot funnier if he stayed around to roll with the punches/point out he was trolling us the whole time.

Numerical Anxiety
Sep 2, 2011

Hello.
OP, I'm going to break ranks because I'm honestly interested in Mayone. You probably don't know the way that things work around here, but the abuse you're taking is just the usual hazing, which runs for your first twenty-four hours. If you come back to post after that, the tune changes and people are generally open to having a rational discussion. You might even find some donors that way.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Numerical Anxiety posted:

OP, I'm going to break ranks because I'm honestly interested in Mayone. You probably don't know the way that things work around here, but the abuse you're taking is just the usual hazing, which runs for your first twenty-four hours. If you come back to post after that, the tune changes and people are generally open to having a rational discussion. You might even find some donors that way.

In fairness the hazing might last a little longer if you've obsessively attached your real name to everything you've ever done in life because that poo poo is hilarious

e: also we didn't even strike until he blew off our critiques and was like "well what are you doing??" Then we were like "I'll show you what we're doing"

But you are wonderful Brian Boyko. You are a legend, a mythical beast made real.

woke wedding drone fucked around with this message at 21:55 on May 16, 2014

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

He's right and this is true.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

I don't think there's any coming back from being a brony who believes that D&D players need their own Stonewall riots.

OwlBot 2000
Jun 1, 2009
You know how when you join MS13 you have to get kicked in the head by 13 people for 13 seconds? SA's kind of like that.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
God this is a real loving thing. Holy loving poo poo.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

SedanChair posted:

In fairness the hazing might last a little longer if you've obsessively attached your real name to everything you've ever done in life because that poo poo is hilarious

e: also we didn't even strike until he blew off our critiques and was like "well what are you doing??" Then we were like "I'll show you what we're doing"

But you are wonderful Brian Boyko. You are a legend, a mythical beast made real.

canuckanese posted:

I don't think there's any coming back from being a brony who believes that D&D players need their own Stonewall riots.

God damnit, you two.

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.

Bread Set Jettison posted:

The real question is what edition of Dungeons & Dragons does Brian Boyko support...

Googling Brian Boyko Pathfinder reveals that he joined the Mothership Pathfinder society in 2012.

His opinion on Exalted: "if you have D&D, there's no reason to get this book."

He is listed as a playtester for this GURPS book.

I found that stuff and was getting all down about not being able to find anything RPG-related that was as funny as the other stuff in this thread. Then I found this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASVoyW31QjE. Is the fat guy who stands around with his mouth open all the time our Brian? Or just some other slob? I can't tell.

Jimbozig fucked around with this message at 22:05 on May 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
I guess Its nice to know that SA is still relevant enough to warrant the attention. Boyko is lucky he didn't post in GBS.

• Locked thread