Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Cassa posted:

So what's so good about evasion Optimus? Looking at him in store and his truck mode is badass, but that face...

There's a 2-pack with voyager grimlock coming out that fixes the face. Tradeoff is, it's got chrome.

I guess you could buy both and headswap them to make a good one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Cassa posted:

So what's so good about evasion Optimus? Looking at him in store and his truck mode is badass, but that face...
That's why I'm waiting on the two-pack version, it's got a mouthplate and fixes the colors on the arms and legs.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

The Goon posted:

Welp, I just spent $400 on a Botcon box set.

Kill me.

If it was this years one, you suck.

CyRaptor
Aug 27, 2004

Fuck Sandy Petersen, again.

The Goon posted:

Kill me.

Boy am I glad I missed the registration window because I was seriously considering it myself. Although $400 is at least a hundred more than I was expecting, so maybe I would've been able to restrain myself after all.

And I'm gonna feel even better about it when a brand new Titan-class Scorponok gets announced at SDCC this year.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

ForeverSmug posted:

There's a 2-pack with voyager grimlock coming out that fixes the face. Tradeoff is, it's got chrome.

I guess you could buy both and headswap them to make a good one?

Sure, but I'm not that crazy.

I did buy three of the legends re-releases to go with Metroplex. All look suitably teeny, and I love Starscream's transformation.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

The Goon posted:

Kill me.

Why would we do that? You're already dead inside now..........

(is it this year's?)

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So I hope you all were not expecting the AOE Generations Lockdown toy to be good.

Because if you were you better sit down...

No hook hand it seems or the ability to get the green facemask. It looks almost like Barricade with very broad shoulders. The most moviest of AOE movie figures.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 13:10 on May 17, 2014

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

That sure is a lot of assumptions we're making based on a blurry image of a toy, increasingly-sounding-like-TFW-Transformers Thread

I wouldn't be surprised if the gun clips onto the face though.

Rei_ fucked around with this message at 14:14 on May 17, 2014

Secht
Oct 5, 2012

The Goon posted:

Kill me.

Rest easy my friend. You are not alone. My wife might kill me.

My order from Amazon / HTS arrived with most of the first wave of AOE toys. Really digging the Dinobots and I like Voyager Grimlock quite a bit. Evasion Optimus is a great toy. Hound so far is the best of the lot. Galvatron solid MEH.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Does Scorn have only one real hand? It looks like his left arm/hand is all tail/sword.

I am kind of baffled that people are enjoying these Aoe toys so much.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Scorn only has one hand, yeah, but the arrangement is pretty sturdy, and also he looks like a loving spiky Dino death knight. He is baller.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

The real beauty of Scorn though is his dino mode. It's so awesome.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
His dino mode is awesome but his robot mode is also awesome. He's just all-around awesome.

Since he's a robo-knight, the tail-arm is basically a jousting lance. Just mount him on Slug for the full effect. :getin:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
ME SLUG NOT HORSE, ME ANGRY BASTARD

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I almost prefer the lance hand to having the tail just detach or hang from his back or something useless.

Anyway, tail arm or not Scorn is an awesome toy, and Slug ain't bad either.

Rei_ posted:

That sure is a lot of assumptions we're making based on a blurry image of a toy, increasingly-sounding-like-TFW-Transformers Thread

I wouldn't be surprised if the gun clips onto the face though.

Yeah, I can't see it very well either. Aventador mode looks cool at least!

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Someone zoomed in/enhanced.

Looks kinda like Stannis. I still think the ROTF Lockdown was better, this one was seems like everything is just hanging off him.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 18:49 on May 17, 2014

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Did they seriously make a set of Kre-o transformers that don't have alt-modes? Saw the green plane thing and Grimlock, it looks like neither of them have an alt-mode.

Did see the new Kre-o combiners though, they look alright.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

Haha, I actually like that Lockdown a lot. And the it looks like the Kre-O Lockdown has a gimmick where his handheld gun clips onto his face, so I wouldn't be surprised if the Deluxe has a similar idea.

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie

The Taint Reaper posted:

So I hope you all were not expecting the AOE Generations Lockdown toy to be good.

No hook hand it seems or the ability to get the green facemask. It looks almost like Barricade with very broad shoulders. The most moviest of AOE movie figures.

On the other hand, Strafe looks pretty cool.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006
It's weird Lockdown doesn't have his signature hook but it might be a flip-out accessory. He's got it in the trailer but it looks like his hand turns into it rather than it being in place of a hand.

Also, it's kinda funny we're all clamoring for the head-cannon feature when looking at it there's no way in hell that thing would ever stand upright with that gun over its face.

LightsGameraAction fucked around with this message at 19:47 on May 17, 2014

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

The Taint Reaper posted:

My problem with this Lockdown is that we already got a movie Lockdown and he was awesome. This guy's a poser. gently caress this guy.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
It still feels really weird that everyone likes the AOE dinobots as much as I do. I'm usually out in the cold on stuff like this. Did everyone come around on RID/Beast Machines Bruticus too?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Eh, Beast Machines Bruticus might be going a bit too far.

Someone put up a Strafe gallery on TFW2005 (feedback section if you wanna check), it looks as cool as the other dinobots!. He has gorilla arms (no wrist swivels) sadly, but on deluxes it doesn't bother me nearly as much.

Man, I'm gonna get all of the dinobots except leader Grims.

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

My problem with this Lockdown is that we already got a movie Lockdown and he was awesome. This guy's a poser. gently caress this guy.

I don't dislike this Lockdown so far, but comparing him to ROTF Lockdown is unfair, that dude is just one of the best deluxes ever. Also he's been retro G1-ified so you can put him with your IDW figures now! (just like Lugnut)

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
MOTHER loving GORILLA ARMS, GOD DAMMIT :mad:

Hate'm. Hate'm so loving much. What loving dipshit at HasTak thinks those things are acceptable.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Rei_ posted:

Haha, I actually like that Lockdown a lot. And the it looks like the Kre-O Lockdown has a gimmick where his handheld gun clips onto his face, so I wouldn't be surprised if the Deluxe has a similar idea.
It looks like the gun has a split about half way up the giant barrel, so maybe it comes off there and then slots in?

Also I feel like the green face is actually sort of his battle mask, if you watch the trailer closely it looks like Lockdown's face shows at :16 before the mask slides into place.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

DoctorWhat posted:

MOTHER loving GORILLA ARMS, GOD DAMMIT :mad:

Hate'm. Hate'm so loving much. What loving dipshit at HasTak thinks those things are acceptable.

Is this post a parody of TFW? I honestly can't tell.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Is this post a parody of TFW? I honestly can't tell.

It's hyperbole, I guess, but my opinions are sincere. I hate'm more than I can describe. Goddamn Leader Starscream, you're so great but YOU HAVE NO WRISTS

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

DoctorWhat posted:

It's hyperbole, I guess, but my opinions are sincere. I hate'm more than I can describe. Goddamn Leader Starscream, you're so great but YOU HAVE NO WRISTS

Man, I'm with you here. Starscream would be almost perfect with wrist swivels. There are some cool shapeways hands for him but shipping them here is murder.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Went to TRU and grabbed voyager Grimlock, Slug, and Scorn.

The more I play around with Grimlock the more satisfying he is. The only problem I have with him is the hands. If they were on a ball joint or something it'd be perfect.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
Lockdown is particularly disappointing because the actual movie character model is rather svelte. That just looks like a Barricade redeco. Not much of interest in the deluxe line outside of the Dinobots.

What an anemic launch this was. No displays, no fanfare, no nothin'. Just some new stuff in the TF section at TRU and WalMart, and Target isn't even bothering until next weekend. Picked up Scorn and Slug, will wait for Platinum Prime and Grimlock. Bumblebee and Crosshairs were awful looking so I passed. Only two of the six stores I went to had Generations Deluxes at all, most of the pegs were taken up by the 8-step Quick Attack guys. One of the two with Deluxes had just Bumblebees and Crosshairs. According to the employee in the aisle, other employees bought all the Dinobots straight out of the cases before they hit the floor. Voyagers and Leaders are plentiful, though.

I assume this is a soft launch and the big front-of-store displays will follow closer to the film's release.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Yeah, Scorn is already sold out everywhere here in the UK so I'm hoping another shipment will happen closer to release.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Keldroc posted:

Lockdown is particularly disappointing because the actual movie character model is rather svelte. That just looks like a Barricade redeco. Not much of interest in the deluxe line outside of the Dinobots.

What an anemic launch this was. No displays, no fanfare, no nothin'. Just some new stuff in the TF section at TRU and WalMart, and Target isn't even bothering until next weekend. Picked up Scorn and Slug, will wait for Platinum Prime and Grimlock. Bumblebee and Crosshairs were awful looking so I passed. Only two of the six stores I went to had Generations Deluxes at all, most of the pegs were taken up by the 8-step Quick Attack guys. One of the two with Deluxes had just Bumblebees and Crosshairs. According to the employee in the aisle, other employees bought all the Dinobots straight out of the cases before they hit the floor. Voyagers and Leaders are plentiful, though.

I assume this is a soft launch and the big front-of-store displays will follow closer to the film's release.

Even here where I live they launched the line with a little 30 years of TFormers celebration display (it was kinda cute honestly), and I didn't have any problem finding the figures I was after, it was pretty satisfying in fact. I'm sure american stores are waiting 'till the movie releases to do some fun stuff.

As little product variety we always get, the one thing I'm happy about here is that there's very little scalping unless there's a limited ultra rare toy (like the few cases where they bring american store exclusives)

I'm not really sure if you would like Crosshairs (I enjoy him but I know that's very subjective) but I'll point out that he's hella mistransformed in package.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

Yeah, Crosshairs is part of the reason I'm reserving judgement on most of these toys until I'm actually holding them or get some in-hand impressions.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Blackheart posted:

I'm not really sure if you would like Crosshairs (I enjoy him but I know that's very subjective) but I'll point out that he's hella mistransformed in package.

Yeah, I saw the peaugh review earlier, and he commented on how he's basically car mode with legs sticking out in package. I just don't think the "trenchcoat" thing really comes off very well, even when properly transformed. Leader Grimlock did look much better in person than I expected, but I'm still not paying $45 for that seal-bodied T-Rex mode.

I'm just going to stick with Dinobots on the Deluxes for now, unless Drift looks really good in person.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

DoctorWhat posted:

Oh ok. Thanks for explaining further, too, I thought you hated the idea of a bot's arms being too long (like a gorilla) and I was like "boy don't check out G1 prime..."

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Oh no no, the fandom usually uses "gorilla arms" meaning no wrist swivels and fists facing inside of the arm in "pumping iron" poses.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

By the time I got there, there was nothing left, but what would have been on the shelf at TRU for like sixty bucks (I think) and had a scanner tag reading something like "Masterpiece Grimlock"?

Surely not, right?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Captain Magic posted:

Surely not, right?
Are you in the US? His tag has been shown here and there, it is supposed to be coming soon or might be out already.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

I just got Slug and Scorn and they are :krad:!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Spiderdrake posted:

Are you in the US? His tag has been shown here and there, it is supposed to be coming soon or might be out already.

I guess what threw me was the sixty dollar price tag, then.