Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Pee Pee Doo Doo Hamburg is loving poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

You could say Hamburg is already relegated judging by Slomkas woeful away record, but Fürth might just gift them the win in a penalty shootout with their inability to score.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Healbot posted:

You could say Hamburg is already relegated judging by Slomkas woeful away record, but Fürth might just gift them the win in a penalty shootout with their inability to score.

I sure hope so. Hamburg needs to stay.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Let's up the stakes a little and make it so that if the return leg also ends 0-0 they both get relegated.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Torrannor posted:

I sure hope so. Hamburg needs to stay.

lol no they dont

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
In the Bundesliga - 2.Liga relegation the Bundesliga team plays at home first, but in 2.Liga-3.Liga the lower team plays at home first. Why's that? Also: lmao Hamburg I really thought they could not be this bad (Dynamo played 1:1 vs Fürth at home, is HSV as bad as us???)

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

elbkaida posted:

In the Bundesliga - 2.Liga relegation the Bundesliga team plays at home first, but in 2.Liga-3.Liga the lower team plays at home first. Why's that?

I reckon this was part of the concessions made to the 2. Liga in order to get them to vote for reintroducing the relegation. Keep in mind that they went from a guaranteed 3 teams in the Bundesliga to 2-3. IIRC the DFL voted on this first (which means 3. Liga didn't get a say in it) and the DFB just went along when they formed the 3. Liga.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Mandzukic didn't travel with the Bayern cohort to Berlin and instead went to Croatia. Sportbild tweeted Pep wished him well at his new club already.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
The swap deal for David Luiz is happening as Pep tries to get even more players in midfield

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Lol RIP Mandzukic, you were great but Pep doesn't like strikers so you won't even play against Dortmund tomorrow I hope you gonna find a better club with a better manager that is actually gonna be grateful for a guy that scores 27 loving goals a season.

#pepout

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Man, that is so weird. Just a couple of weeks ago Kalle was talking about extending Mandzukic's contract and now he's getting sold? I kinda find it hard to believe.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
I hope Mandzu goes to Dortmund and scores a gazillion goals for them against us loving hell

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

ephex posted:

I hope Mandzu goes to Dortmund and scores a gazillion goals for them against us loving hell

I do not hope this happens.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Unfortunately he's off to a small time club in London.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

ephex posted:

God this would own so hard.

Seriously how has Pep not been fired into the sun yet.

MuLepton
Apr 1, 2011

It's kind of a long story.
To be fair, Mandzu leaving was likely ever since it was clear Lewandowski would join Bayern, and that deal was made before Pep became manager.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Yes because having two capable strikers in your team is just not the Bayern way.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

MuLepton posted:

To be fair, Mandzu leaving was likely ever since it was clear Lewandowski would join Bayern, and that deal was made before Pep became manager.

Well I guess none of the people in charge of things have ever played Fifa because according to it Mandzukic and Lewandowski in a two striker formation are super duper good and win all the games.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

ephex posted:

Yes because having two capable strikers in your team is just not the Bayern way.

Pizarro will apparently be extending his contract this weekend.

MuLepton
Apr 1, 2011

ephex posted:

This, but unironically. Hasn't been for a while, it's the reason Gomez left.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

MuLepton posted:

Healbot posted:

Pizarro will apparently be extending his contract this weekend.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Goddamn, you guys know I hate Mandzukic but that is a stupid-rear end decision. Can't wait to see who Bayern end up signing though, more midfielders indeed.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

David Luiz and one Spanish speaking midfielder, probably.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

MuLepton posted:

Yeah I wonder what manager made that decision.

MuLepton
Apr 1, 2011

Pizarro knows he's a joker, and he's got no problems with that. That wasn't the case with Gomez, it's not the case with Mandzu now. Don't get me wrong, I would've loved if he stayed, but the whole "we'll get Lewandowski" was a giant "gently caress you" to him and that started before Pep became manager.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Lewandowski is gonna bomb so hard, it will be glorious.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Katana Gomai posted:

Lewandowski is gonna bomb so hard, it will be glorious
when Götze wins the cannon with 35 goals. :v:

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Katana Gomai posted:

Woah, what happened to your av, mackint-- :wth:

agreed though

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

To back my player hatin' up a bit, I just assume the system Bayern plays will not give him the same options Dortmund's does, and I can't see Pep changing his style for him. He's still going to score, he just won't be as dominant as he has been these last two years.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Katana Gomai posted:

[...] I can't see Pep changing his style [...]

:barf: this :barf: this :barf: this :barf:

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

I wonder how unpleasant this next season is going to be.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Katana Gomai posted:

You have no idea how certain I am of this. You'll hear the champagne popping all the way to the moon.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Ol'Bobby will flop right onto the squad after delivering the final blow to Liverpool in the CL finals (Leverkusen to choke in the group with 0 points).

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

antidote posted:

I wonder how unpleasant this next season is going to be.

Might be looking at a point difference of only 12 or so to the next team (probably Dortmund again?), scary stuff.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

lol Pep was singing the German national anthem. I can't decide if that's cute or gauche

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Smirr posted:

lol Pep was singing the German national anthem. I can't decide if that's cute or gauche

He's trying to build sympathy ahead of another embarrassing loss.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Right, das Beste, was der deutsche Fußball zu bieten hat, do a thing. Entertain me.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Poor Weidenface

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

hahaha nice save/face there, roman

• Locked thread