Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Zorak posted:

Conspiracy's are drafted and go into your command zone, not being part of your maindeck. You can reveal them at any time to reveal the Conspiracy effect.

Do they seem to count for part of your deck-size? Or if I draft 40 Conspiracies, do I have to play a deck that's 40 land?

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Chris Kluwe being there is the most random thing.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
That booster tutor owns.

This ooowwnsss

Zorak fucked around with this message at 18:54 on May 17, 2014

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Oowns

e:

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

FACT OR FICTION

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

And it's an uncommon!

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

vOv posted:

FACT OR FICTION

I know the Jace art has Jace and we're obligated to hate him, but I love the flavor text on that version.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Apparently you can reveal a conspiracy to cause things to happen as you cast a spell?

a dozen swans
Aug 24, 2012
Well, I'm buying a box.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

a dozen swans posted:

Well, I'm buying a box.

Taht's pretty much my thinking. Buy a box, make a kick-rear end Cube, and have fun with it.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Is today the Huey reveal?

Kraus
Jan 17, 2008
This set is legal for eternal formats, right? Dimir Doppelganger could be very good in Reanimator.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Zorak posted:

That booster tutor owns.

This ooowwnsss

I wonder if this will have to be a Conspiracy booster, or any booster.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

C-Euro posted:

I wonder if this will have to be a Conspiracy booster, or any booster.

In the thing they used a Future Sight booster.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
This is a really good way for them to do spoilers for this format btw, good on Wizards. It's cool & shows how fun the format is.

mcmagic posted:

Tomorrow.

Kraus posted:

This set is legal for eternal formats, right? Dimir Doppelganger could be very good in Reanimator.

Dimir Doppelganger already exists.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

mcmagic posted:

Tomorrow.

Kraus
Jan 17, 2008

Zorak posted:

Dimir Doppelganger already exists.

Oh yeah. I got excited because I missed Ravinca both times.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Advantageous Proclamation: Minimum deck size reduced by 5. (It's the guy screaming at the scroll.)

vOv fucked around with this message at 19:01 on May 17, 2014

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here
Conspiracy name and type lines are scrolls :allears:

Kasonic
Mar 6, 2007

Tenth Street Reds, representing
Loving all this but what does that goblin in Double Stroke getting arrested have to do with copying spells...?

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

e: Dack Fayden confirmed for mill engine

vOv fucked around with this message at 19:10 on May 17, 2014

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

vOv posted:

e: Dack Fayden confirmed for mill engine

OK, if I'm reading this right, he'll get protection from multiple colors if there are ties?

taladel
Jun 3, 2011

Fezzin' the days away...
Conspiracy looks loving rad.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Neito posted:

Do they seem to count for part of your deck-size? Or if I draft 40 Conspiracies, do I have to play a deck that's 40 land?

They are not counted as part of your deck.

Rogue 7 posted:

OK, if I'm reading this right, he'll get protection from multiple colors if there are ties?

Yes that would be why it says "or tied"

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
Conspiracy looks super fun and that promo was really good. Ace on Wizards.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here

Rogue 7 posted:

Yep, in the vid they showed it got protection from Black and Green.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Zorak posted:

Conspiracy looks super fun and that promo was really good. Ace on Wizards.

It definitely made me want to play it. For once the whole hype that Rich was creating actually was founded.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Neito posted:

Taht's pretty much my thinking. Buy a box, make a kick-rear end Cube, and have fun with it.

I've entertained the idea of building a cube for a long time now with my large pool of unused ancient cards, but now I may actually do it with Conspiracy cards added to the mix. I hope it's popular enough to draft at my LGS for a good while, as I'm not really enjoying Theros block drafting as much as I thought I would.

Neito posted:

Theros is a fairly boring and slow-as-poo poo Limited set. It's got some fun cards for other formats, but it's terrible in Limited.

Well that explains the low turnout for drafting as of late.

Mercury Crusader fucked around with this message at 19:22 on May 17, 2014

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Mercury Crusader posted:

I've entertained the idea of building a cube for a long time now with my large pool of unused ancient cards, but now I may actually do it with Conspiracy cards added to the mix. I hope it's popular enough to draft at my LGS for a good while, as I'm not really enjoying Theros block drafting as much as I thought I would.

Theros is a fairly boring and slow-as-poo poo Limited set. It's got some fun cards for other formats, but it's terrible in Limited.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

I'd accuse Theros limited of many things but slow gameplay is not one of them. The format isn't as fast as 3x THS (which had some crazy fast games) but it still seems fairly fast-paced.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Retcon posted:

I'd accuse Theros limited of many things but slow gameplay is not one of them. The format isn't as fast as 3x THS (which had some crazy fast games) but it still seems fairly fast-paced.

Maybe it's just my FLGS, but it seems like every round, two or three games go to time.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

I still don't really understand how this is going to work, but this set looks super fun.

So if you draft this, do you immediately run up to the counter of the store and buy another pack of whatever that then gets passed around with the conspiracy boosters?

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Neito posted:

Maybe it's just my FLGS, but it seems like every round, two or three games go to time.
Maybe it's because of slow players? Most of my Theros block games have been relatively fast, even when I played U/B Control. It's closer to Gatecrash than M14 in terms of speed.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Kasonic posted:

Loving all this but what does that goblin in Double Stroke getting arrested have to do with copying spells...?

From the looks of it, the dude behind it is getting arrested too, so it's the double stroke of arresting the goblin AND the dude?

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Neito posted:

I was in a draft last Thursday and two of my four games timed out, so I don't think it's just you. The other two went by pretty fast though.

Fish Of Doom posted:

I still don't really understand how this is going to work, but this set looks super fun.

So if you draft this, do you immediately run up to the counter of the store and buy another pack of whatever that then gets passed around with the conspiracy boosters?

I guess you could keep a pack on hand just in case. If I can get away with it I'd sneak in an older booster pack that's somewhat affordable and lovely, like Prophecy or Homelands.

Mercury Crusader fucked around with this message at 19:36 on May 17, 2014

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Here's my conspiracy: they intentionally timed this so that the people that got angry at them for suing Cryptozoic would get excited about Conspiracy. oh god it's working

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

A lot of the art shown is also far higher in quality than normal Magic art, which is awesome.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
So conspiracy is meant to be a multiplayer draft format?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

So conspiracy is meant to be a multiplayer draft format?

Yes, you draft kinda normally, and play in a free for all (4 players).

• Locked thread