Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Have you been doing that to Mike's hair? Has it always been like that? What

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Syndicate colourists never miss an opportunity to use the fill tool. It makes them run around in little circles like an Energetic Dog Comix.

Pooch Café

Please just let Fish die. It's what he wants.

Ballard Street

Scooter is the most realistic cartoon dog in the papers today. He is excited and running around because there's a hill and he is running up it.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Trent posted:

Have you been doing that to Mike's hair? Has it always been like that? What

Probably a result of colorizing strips that were originally meant to be viewed in black and white. The colorist does not care if Mike is a ten-year-old! He knows what he sees!

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Didn't the dog already have a name when they stole rescued it? Whatever, gently caress this noise.

Arlo and Janis

Wee Pals

Andertoons

Lost Side of Suburbia

Zachary Nixon Johnson

Dick Tracy

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

Oh, Brother

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Other observances on May 17th 2014 include the International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia and the World Information Society Day.

Wanamingo posted:

"Oh, I'm sorry, I absentmindedly put it back on the hook when I saw the body. I was so shocked I wasn't thinking clearly."

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Wanamingo posted:

Arlo and Janis

As someone who had the exact thing happen to him (except it was NINE stitches and I was cutting styrofoam balls to paint like planets) I can say that he only needs to forcefully wear the bandage for one day, afterwards he should be changing the dressing every couple of hours for a week, then just keep the wound exposed to air.

quote:

Lost Side of Suburbia

I can see where this is going, and despite the story taking forever, I can dig this ending.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Wanamingo posted:

Oh, Brother

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

GorfZaplen posted:

Mandrake the Magicican

Out of curiosity I googled it to confirm (I was already pretty sure) but identical twins do not have the same fingerprints. I know someone said it a couple of weeks ago and it seems pretty blindingly obvious but I can't decide whether Mandrake is going to go that route and the police are just the biggest idiots in the world, or if the resolution will somehow be even dumber.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Twelve by Pies posted:

Out of curiosity I googled it to confirm (I was already pretty sure) but identical twins do not have the same fingerprints. I know someone said it a couple of weeks ago and it seems pretty blindingly obvious but I can't decide whether Mandrake is going to go that route and the police are just the biggest idiots in the world, or if the resolution will somehow be even dumber.

I'm hoping it's dumber personally :getin:

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

And that's the story of Mr. Fogarty's circumcision.

Apartment 3-G

"My dear Tommie"? Only creepy guys in poorly written fiction talk like that.

Hmm.

Never mind, carry on.

Pros & Cons

Sally Forth

The Amazing Spider-Man

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Mark Trail

Office Hours

Buz Sawyer

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004
Geech - the Abdominator!

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Scary Gary

Borden
Jul 23, 2008

Pssh! More like

:colbert:

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

tiistai posted:

World Information Society Day.

...the band?

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Juliet Jones

Eeeeeeeyyyuuuuugggghhhh...

Phantom Classic

Dogpile on Diana! :haw:

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

Wanamingo posted:

Oh, Brother

I refuse to read Oh, Brother! in any other context but a post-apocalyptical one. Water is so scarce in the wastelands that Bud has been reduced to recycling his own bodily fluids!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I know he's a bully, and maybe this is one of those "It was a different time with different sensibilities" things, but it's pretty hosed up to call a kid a loser.

F Minus

Mary Worth

"Burn it! Burn it all!" said the vision of Mary in Tommy's head.

Rex Morgan MD

June turned into an 80s fashion model in the last panel.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Wanamingo posted:

That makes sense.

So either he fired a second shot out the window, meaning Inspector Danger is now unreliable as a provider of known facts, or he placed that shell there.
poo poo I'm an idiot that's the outside view in the second panel, and now I praised Inspector Danger, aaaargh

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
These kind of strips are great when they appear in foreign papers because dumb/lazy editor didn't pick a replacement. Once I read a B.C. strip that had a huge American flag, a saluting caveman and said "God bless United States of America" (in Finnish). Well, that's a one way to get your daily laugh.

e. Also, what's up with all Godzilla marketing, Ted Forth?

Kennel fucked around with this message at 09:29 on May 18, 2014

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.

Ah, the days before executive bonuses, when employers would punish employees in such a way that could result in an immediate punch to the gut.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Borden posted:

Pssh! More like

:colbert:
Not really - his picture isn't synonymous with "...better drink my own piss".

Julet Esqu posted:

Sally Forth
I love that Sally Forth has an entire arc that is just "Ted encourages everyone to get nerd boners for Godzilla".

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
The "I can't believe I'm up at 6am on a Sunday morning university commencement day" comix!

:v:

Heavenly Nostrils

Plus, it's all just cached up for when you get back in range.

9 Chickweed Lane 5/18/2003

It's just not as funny as you probably thought it was when you originally drew it, Brooke.

Zits

Uh.. :stare: yeah, human in every way.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Peanuts (May 21, 1967)

Funky Winkerbean remembers the "young people" part of the sales pitch.

The topic of Classic Popeye Sunday is "What Wimpy puts up with for a free meal". That folder's so large you need two guys to shut that drawer of the Elzie Segar Memorial Filing Cabinet.

Pogo (May 7, 1972)

So no Dream Team for you?

First-Gen Blondie (c. 1942)

If Cookie's walking already, we must have jumped ahead a little. And really, shouldn't this be Second-Gen Blondie if we're up to two kids?

Out Our Way (December 29-30, 1924)

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 14:13 on May 18, 2014

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

Johnny Walker posted:

Mary Worth

"Burn it! Burn it all!" said the vision of Mary in Tommy's head.

Come on, Tommy's mom, you've left out the clincher: "...And if you prove yourself trustworthy and reliable at janitoring, some day when someone calls in sick, you might get a chance to move up and make sandwiches!" Don't disappoint me, Mary Worth writers.

My Lovely Horse posted:

That makes sense.

So either he fired a second shot out the window, meaning Inspector Danger is now unreliable as a provider of known facts, or he placed that shell there.
poo poo I'm an idiot that's the outside view in the second panel, and now I praised Inspector Danger, aaaargh

I thought it was an inside view too, and so I thought the shell casing inside was the answer to the puzzle and couldn't figure out why he was saying the shot came from outside. There aren't many baseboards on the outside of a building (with sidewalk tile the size of indoor floor tiles, no less), I still can't really see that panel as being an outside view.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Foxtrot

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Uh.. :stare: yeah, human in every way.

Twitter roleplayers are the stupidest thing.

R Ubbish
Apr 15, 2013

EasyEW posted:

First-Gen Blondie

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

These never fail to impress. Don't forget us now that you're famous. :allears:

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

(SWOONS.)

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

"Human in every way except for her fur and bear nose".

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Let's try this one. I believe few samples have been posted before but today I grabbed a collection of Mustapukuinen mies ("A man in black") by Ari Kutila (1961-2010).

Lots of simple silly/dumb visual puns upcoming.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Oh my god it's like Panto. Keep 'em coming.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Kennel posted:

Let's try this one. I believe few samples have been posted before but today I grabbed a collection of Mustapukuinen mies ("A man in black") by Ari Kutila (1961-2010).

Lots of simple silly/dumb visual puns upcoming.

Love it already, more please!

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

TofuDiva posted:

I thought it was an inside view too, and so I thought the shell casing inside was the answer to the puzzle and couldn't figure out why he was saying the shot came from outside. There aren't many baseboards on the outside of a building (with sidewalk tile the size of indoor floor tiles, no less), I still can't really see that panel as being an outside view.

To bring up the 180-degree rule again, it would be a lot less confusing if they'd at least flipped the second panel to imply that he's now looking at the window from the other side.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

Heathcliff

The Phantom

Pickles

Sunday Rip Haywire

Classic Prince Valiant

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Pros & Cons

Sally Forth

The Amazing Spider-Man

Prince Valiant

Juliet Jones

Phantom Classic

Last Sunday's classic Phantom was a repost from the week before, and this week's is this weeks. So if you feel like you missed something, it's because you did!

Big Ben Bolt

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Wee Pals

Andertoons

Lost Side of Suburbia

Zachary Nixon Johnson

Dick Tracy

Let this be a lesson to you. If you're going to lie, then keep it as simple as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

His left chin.

• Locked thread