Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Stan Taylor posted:

Oh so they actually ship you poo poo? Awesome. I may try to hit platinum in that case. I thought it would just be lame "digital wallpaper" junk.

If you enjoy getting shipped 25 pins for filling out surveys, it's the way to go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Am I not able to add Link Between Worlds to my coin total since I purchased the special 3DS with the digital copy?

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Ragequit posted:

Am I not able to add Link Between Worlds to my coin total since I purchased the special 3DS with the digital copy?

Should add to your total as long as your 3DS is linked to your account.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

zenintrude posted:

I think I found it. I initially just thought it was the survey, but it might be for the actual game: Coins Added - The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (DL)

10 coins for that is really weak.

Edit: Wait, this came 2 weeks after registering the system, which initially gave me 160 coins. This must have just been a survey.

Ragequit fucked around with this message at 19:06 on May 14, 2014

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Oh hey, apparently Adventures of Lolo is coming to the NA Wii U VC today, published by Nintendo.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Oh hey, apparently Adventures of Lolo is coming to the NA Wii U VC today, published by Nintendo.

Maybe they'll learn to count to 3 this go-'round.

That will probably get me to buy a Wii U.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Kickstarter #5676658: Heart Forth, Alicia:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1184202489/heart-forth-alicia

Coming to a bunch of platforms including Wii U, edging towards 3DS, less than 24 hours to go.

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

Platinum Chat: Last year one of the Platinum rewards you could choose from was a new printing of Majora's Mask's OST and it's awesome. I'm really hoping we have another OST for offer this year too.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Kickstarter #5676658: Heart Forth, Alicia:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1184202489/heart-forth-alicia

Coming to a bunch of platforms including Wii U, edging towards 3DS, less than 24 hours to go.
I was gonna post about this, it looks like my ideal kind of game and I'm psyched it's coming to WiiU!

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of May 15):

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Fit Music for Wii U - €29.90 / £24.90
WII U eSHOP
    Scram Kitty and His Buddy on Rails - €9.99 / £8.99
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Mr. Driller 2 (GBA) - €6.99 / £6.29
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Trine 2: Director's Cut (Wii U eShop) - €8.49 / £6.99 until May 27
    Mario Kart 8/Super Mario Kart digital promotion - buy Super Mario Kart on the VC, get a €7.99 / £5.49 discount on Mario Kart 8! Starts May 30, ends June 30.

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Kirby Triple Deluxe - €39.99 / £34.99 (May 16)
3DS eSHOP
    Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars - €39.99 / £31.99
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Buy Mario Golf World Tour on the eShop, get Mario Golf (GBC) for free! (promo runs until May 29)
    Buy Kirby Triple Deluxe on the eShop, get Kirby's Dreamland 2 (GB) for free! (promo runs from May 16-June 16)
    Mario Golf World Tour DLC Season Pass - €11.99 / £10.79 until May 31
    Darts Up! 3D (3DS eShop) - €0.99 / £0.89 until May 31

NA update (week of May 15):

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Wii Party U - $? (May 16)
WII U eSHOP
    Scram Kitty and His Buddy On Rails - $9.99
    Color Zen - $3.99
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Adventures of Lolo (NES) - $4.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Trine 2: Director's Cut (Wii U eShop) - €$9 until May 27

3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Moon Chronicles - $8.99
    Arc Style: Baseball 3D - $4.99
    Candy Match 3 - $7.99
3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Mega Man IV (Game Boy) - $2.99
DSiWARE
    Deep Sea Creatures - 500 Points / $4.99
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Etrian Odyssey 4 (3DS) - $19.99 until May 19
    Etrian Odyssey Untold (3DS) - $19.99 until May 19
    Code of Princess (3DS) - $14.99 from May 19-June 2
    Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor: Overclocked (3DS) - $14.99 from May 19-June 2
CLUB NINTENDO DIGITAL REWARDS
    3D Classics Kirby's Adventure (3DS eShop) - 200 Coins, available until June 8
    Brain Training Express: Arts and Letters (DSiWare) - 200 Coins, available until June 8
    Mario Kart 64 (Wii VC) - 250 Coins, available until June 8
    Super Metroid (Wii U VC) - 200 Coins, available until June 8

NOA's PR doesn't actuslly list all the Atlus games that'll be in the upcoming sale, but I'm guessing it's just the two listed plus SMT Soul Hackers.

Mega Man IV is the first of the GB MM games to add unique features that weren't in the console games, most notably the P-Chips currency/upgrade system.

Moon Chronicles is a port of Renegade Kid's DS FPS, but it'a not the full game - you get a certain amount upfront, but the rest is coming as paid episodes... I think it was supposed to come to around $15 all up, plus a second "season" of all-new content at a later date.

Scram Kitty seems to be getting good reviews, with the biggest complaint being that there's no way to use the TV as the primary screen, which seems like something that can be easily addressed. (EDIT: okay, that was just one particular reviewer having no idea how to play the game.)

Adventures of Lolo should be a lot more manageable now that Miiverse is a thing. Kids have it so easy these days.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 15:04 on May 15, 2014

Cheesegod
Aug 15, 2001

Offensive Clock
drat, I was hoping for Mega Man Battle Network this week.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Adventures of Lolo should be a lot more manageable now that Miiverse is a thing. Kids have it so easy these days.

You'd think so, right?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

...I recall knowing what to do there immediately. Are they serious?

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Kirios posted:

...I recall knowing what to do there immediately. Are they serious?

That last guy is obviously making fun of the rest, but for the others, who knows?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

When you were a kid you read the manual. Kids these days don't. They aren't dumber than you were; they just grew in a world where manuals are irrelevant and their first instinct is to use the Internet instead of realizing the game comes with a manual.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Saoshyant posted:

When you were a kid you read the manual. Kids these days don't. They aren't dumber than you were; they just grew in a world where manuals are irrelevant and their first instinct is to use the Internet instead of realizing the game comes with a manual.

It took me a bit to figure out there's a run button.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Saoshyant posted:

Kids don't check manuals these days because most games have tutorials. (and manuals have become 2-4 page black and white books) I miss the fun of reading the manual on the way home as a kid.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

elf help book posted:

I've played through super metroid three or four times and I got stuck in that one room every single time. never again

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

The blocks look very clearly out of place, like a thing you could interact with somehow. Possibly with the thing you just got.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

elf help book posted:

I went like a world into 3D Land before I figured out how to run while lending my game to a friend.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Chronojam posted:

The blocks look very clearly out of place, like a thing you could interact with somehow. Possibly with the thing you just got.

Shhh....don't tell them that. The game clearly needs a three hour tutorial to teach you how to use the Morph ball and crouch to shoot objects slightly below you!

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

Saoshyant posted:

Nintendo should add a Tutorial option to the title screen of all Virtual Console games that just launches the digital manual.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Spacebump posted:

I miss the fun of reading the manual on the way home as a kid.

That was like the pre-game celebration. Mom's driving you back from the store, you pop open the game box, slip out the manual, and read up on all the great things you're going to do when you get home. :allears:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

romanowski posted:

I've played through super metroid three or four times and I got stuck in that one room every single time. never again

I even did skim the manual after getting stuck and missed it. -_-

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Suspicious Cook posted:

That was like the pre-game celebration. Mom's driving you back from the store, you pop open the game box, slip out the manual, and read up on all the great things you're going to do when you get home. :allears:

What do kids even do when they take a poo poo these days if it's not reading a game manual?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

What do kids even do when they take a poo poo these days if it's not reading a game manual?

Candy Crush.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

3DS is popular for a reason.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Pope Guilty posted:

You'd think so, right?

Ok this makes Miiverse worth it.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

zenintrude posted:

To follow up on this, I heard back from Nintendo. Apparently it did add to my account but I never finished the survey. I somehow only filled out the survey for the system itself, so the game survey (and 40 coins) expired after 30 days.

I am sure no one cares, but there you have it. I am sure I'll pick up something else before June 30th to hit Platinum, so it isn't a huge deal.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Monkey Fracas posted:

Ok this makes Miiverse worth it.

They left out the "why can't metroid crawl" one which kind of exploded into a bit of a meme. Nintendo even used it for their NES Remix 2 marketing.

Nintendo are bad at internet unless it's Miiverse.

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

:retrogames: :3: :retrogames:

Pork Pro

elf help book posted:

It took me years, years to get past that first room where you have to run in Super Metroid. I always assumed I needed an upgrade for it. Kids have been dumb literally forever, just now they can quickly show that to millions of people.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Speaking of it, how does Super Metroid look when it's blown up onto a large HD screen? What kinds of filters and options are there and how do they work out?

I would assume they would do something to the emulator output to make it look better.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

The SNES games are scaled well. The pixel clarity is preserved as much as possible.

There isn't a smoothing filter option like there is for the GBA games, but in my view that's fine since those filters offer mixed results at best.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Supercar Gautier posted:

The SNES games are scaled well. The pixel clarity is preserved as much as possible.

There isn't a smoothing filter option like there is for the GBA games, but in my view that's fine since those filters offer mixed results at best.

...Its been a few weeks since I last played Superstar Saga, but I'm pretty sure that game came with a few different filter options, so why wouldn't a Metroid game?

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Astro Nut posted:

...Its been a few weeks since I last played Superstar Saga, but I'm pretty sure that game came with a few different filter options, so why wouldn't a Metroid game?

1) GBA emulator is not SNES emulator.

2) This has nothing to do with anything, but please stop starting 90% of your posts with ellipsis, it is very slowly driving me mad.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

The GBA VC emulation was developed more recently by the company M2, and they added a few features that Nintendo never included in the NES and SNES emulation. It would be nice to see that stuff patched into NES/SNES titles (especially since the NES ones use a straight bilinear upscale that produces blurring), but it hasn't happened yet and I'm not really holding my breath.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

So how much is Wii Party U?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Lizard Wizard posted:

So how much is Wii Party U?

You can get it for free if you buy Mario Kart 8!

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/04/mario_kart_8_club_nintendo_promotion_offers_a_free_wii_u_game

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Does Wii Party U play like the first few Mario Parties? I'm sorta interested in having a game like that and I'm pretty sure the next Mario Party will continue the trend of being terrible and that it'll take forever for Mario Party 1-3 to show up in the Virtual Console (I don't have the controllers to play them on the Wii VC)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Does Wii Party U play like the first few Mario Parties? I'm sorta interested in having a game like that and I'm pretty sure the next Mario Party will continue the trend of being terrible and that it'll take forever for Mario Party 1-3 to show up in the Virtual Console (I don't have the controllers to play them on the Wii VC)

Mario Party 1 was skipped over in favor of 2 on the VC and 3 was never put out. And I think going by the videos they've put out Wii Party U is more a traditional Mario Party that's just made generic.