Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
From Earth
Oct 21, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
Nintendo 64 stuff

El Diablo Bob O
Sep 3, 2011

Hay nada mas,
Oh si' my way!

El Diablo Bob O has a new favorite as of 22:29 on May 17, 2014

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

The Begun of Tigtone

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
More Nintendo 64

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?

That's Animal Crossing for the Gamecube, obvious Sony plant spotted :colbert:.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Vorpal Cat posted:

That's Animal Crossing for the Gamecube, obvious Sony plant spotted :colbert:.
Animal Crossing was on Nintendo 64 originally in Japan.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

What the hell is this?

TheFatTubist
Feb 2, 2007

Ok, this right here is special.

"Farewell, Ghost Wizard, or die trying!"

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Crain posted:

What the hell is this?

I suggest clicking the provided link which, incidentally, reveals precisely what it is: the very same. And somewhat same. Rolled into one. One and the same.

Schlinky
Mar 12, 2009

...Too much drink.
Fantastic Plastic Machine - Tell Me

All India Radio - Rippled

The Shins - The Rifle's Spiral

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Bad Munki posted:

I suggest clicking the provided link which, incidentally, reveals precisely what it is: the very same. And somewhat same. Rolled into one. One and the same.

I watched the video, I'm still confused.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

Aaaaaaaaaaaah

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

There's only one video I love, and it's this, so have a few GIFs. (Video may be NSFW due to boobies - there is a clean version on the same channel)

Scissor Sisters - Invisible Light

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Oh poo poo! Mischief Makers! That was my jam, so surreal. It was one of the things that helped make me into the hosed up human being I am today. :)

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?

kinmik posted:

Aaaaaaaaaaaah

Source please, this looks cool as poo poo.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Admiral Bosch posted:

Source please, this looks cool as poo poo.
http://vimeo.com/88829079

It is

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Crain posted:

I watched the video, I'm still confused.

It's a parody of some sort, it's just not a good one.

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style

Just a load of annoying monkeycheese and videogame jokes basically. A shame because I liked the art.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice

:darksouls:

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
The Empire Strikes Back

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Robert Denby posted:

The Empire Strikes Back

When we tell our children and/or grandchildren that there was a time when George Lucas didn't suck, they are going to think we're pulling their legs.

When we tell them there was a time when there was only one version of the original films, they are going to outright accuse us of lying. From that day forward, they will never believe another thing we tell them.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Centripetal Horse posted:

When we tell them there was a time when there was only one version of the original films, they are going to outright accuse us of lying. From that day forward, they will never believe another thing we tell them.

Well, officially according to Lucas, there's only one version of the original films. It's just not the pre-1997 versions. Or the 1997 versions.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Centripetal Horse posted:

When we tell our children and/or grandchildren that there was a time when George Lucas didn't suck, they are going to think we're pulling their legs.

If it makes you feel any better, the dude that wrote ESB is writing Episode VII.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I don't understand: a pilot would roll into a dive so he can pull "up" instead of pulling negative g by pitching nose down. But they have artificial gravity on that thing, and all sorts of inertial dampening, so there's literally no reason to roll into an inverted dive, especially one as gentle as that. Unless the millennium falcon is like the zoolander of starships and can only pull up. That must be it.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

It looked cool.

Don't try to apply real world newtonian physics to Star Wars, it just doesn't work. Ships and fighters bank and roll and all sorts of stuff just to look cool.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Bad Munki posted:

I don't understand: a pilot would roll into a dive so he can pull "up" instead of pulling negative g by pitching nose down. But they have artificial gravity on that thing, and all sorts of inertial dampening, so there's literally no reason to roll into an inverted dive, especially one as gentle as that. Unless the millennium falcon is like the zoolander of starships and can only pull up. That must be it.
Edit NVM.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Star Wars Physics

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Did I just watch some guy jack himself off in the middle of the street? Mods?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Dude's gettin' jacked up for reals.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

MikeJF posted:

It looked cool.

Don't try to apply real world newtonian physics to Star Wars, it just doesn't work. Ships and fighters bank and roll and all sorts of stuff just to look cool.

And Han is a macho narcissist. It fits.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
The Empire Strikes Back

twosideddice
Jan 7, 2009

Robert Denby posted:

The Empire Strikes Back

If we're calling out Star Wars for flaunting physics. Why would a laser cannon recoil like on the ATATs?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

twosideddice posted:

If we're calling out Star Wars for flaunting physics. Why would a laser cannon recoil like on the ATATs?

They look more like plasma cannons, which may cause recoil or something. I'm not really up on my fictional weapon technology.

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?

twosideddice posted:

Rotating internal heat sinks/capacitors to reduce time between shots? :shrug:

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

e; ^^^ Every videogame needs moai.

King Vidiot posted:

They look more like plasma cannons, which may cause recoil or something. I'm not really up on my fictional weapon technology.

AT-ATs are armed with two laser cannon and two blaster cannon. Blaster cannon fire high-energy particle beams so could possibly have recoil? I don't know.

• Locked thread