Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
smenj
Oct 10, 2012

UberJumper posted:

There is none immune to physical damage, that i can fuse for my level. However Take-minakata is resistant, however it just doesn't seem to do that much against the samurai warriors, who use gale-slash over and over. I might have to grind, i am level 33 so i might be underleveled for rise's dungeon.

Well, I don't know if you have already or not, but going through Yukiko's dungeon again could be handy for you. It should be easy given the level you are, you'll probably gain some levels in the process, and there's a nice weapon for Yukiko at the end.

EDIT: Quote for new page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

At level 33 you're not underleveled, you're about where you should be. Just make sure to find out enemy weaknesses and hit them as often as possible. This is why you should try not to use redundant party members (not a problem yet, but it will be) and cover the gaps yourself. I actually think I had a Sati around then with all four primary elements and she stuck around until level ~50 through sheer diversity and shuffle time stat buffs.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Get Ose. He might look like a silly cheetahman wearing panties, but he has this physical skill called Atom Smasher (2x-4x phys damage to all enemies, chance to inflict Fear) that absolutely wrecks poo poo. Pretty much anything that isn't immune to physical damage either gets killed instantly or loses a huge chunk of health.

Griptape
Feb 22, 2013
If it's just one or two different enemy types that are giving you fits, running is also always an option. I remember it being a bigger issue in P3 than in P4, but there's still enemies that are just too much of a pain in the rear end to be worth fighting, unless they drop a quest item or something.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

smenj posted:

Well, I don't know if you have already or not, but going through Yukiko's dungeon again could be handy for you. It should be easy given the level you are, you'll probably gain some levels in the process, and there's a nice weapon for Yukiko at the end.

EDIT: Quote for new page.

Already went through Yukiko's dungeon, and beat the new boss at the end. Where is Yukiko's weapon in that dungeon?

Also i figured out why my main characther was so drat weak, his armour is still a T-Shirt. Even though i swear i bought and equipped better armour. :iiam:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Walk up to the throne at the top floor and hit X near it.

smenj
Oct 10, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

Walk up to the throne at the top floor and hit X near it.

Yep. It's the same for any later dungeon you replay, too. The weapon/item will be somewhere in the area the new boss was. Just walk about until the prompt appears.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

OH NO MAN posted:

Get Ose. He might look like a silly cheetahman wearing panties, but he has this physical skill called Atom Smasher (2x-4x phys damage to all enemies, chance to inflict Fear) that absolutely wrecks poo poo. Pretty much anything that isn't immune to physical damage either gets killed instantly or loses a huge chunk of health.

Yeah he is actually really good. Thanks for the idea.

Is there anyway to tell what the spell on the skill card does? Without going onto the internet, or running to Marie?

Another boss after Rise? gently caress.

UberJumper fucked around with this message at 22:11 on May 17, 2014

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

UberJumper posted:

Another boss after Rise? gently caress.

If you have something that resists Ice, and guard everybody when Rise says he's going to attack, you should be fine.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...
Any tips for part two of the (end game spoiler) Izanami fight? I'm fine with the first part but I just get pounded into the ground on part 2.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Fooley posted:

Any tips for part two of the (end game spoiler) Izanami fight? I'm fine with the first part but I just get pounded into the ground on part 2.

What team are you bringing in, for starters?

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

A Bystander posted:

What team are you bringing in, for starters?

Right, Sorry. I've been using Naoto 73, Teddie 69, and Yukiko 70, with the MC at 71. I reloaded after dying so much so maybe add a couple levels when I finally get to Izanami. I've been switching between Raphael and Uriel for the most part.

I use Teddie to keep Rakunda up and use my strongest spells and I'm fine for part 1. Then when part 2 rolls around I'm dead in a couple turns :/.

Griptape
Feb 22, 2013
Fuse Trumpeter, level him up until he learns Debilitate. Tarunda + Sukunda + Rakunda, all in one skill. It's an amazing skill, and since you're at the final boss he should be pretty close to having it after bonus EXP alone.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
:staredog: Teddie :staredog:

*EDIT* I don't know if i can deal with another guy who seems to revolve around sex.

UberJumper fucked around with this message at 01:47 on May 18, 2014

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Fooley posted:

Right, Sorry. I've been using Naoto 73, Teddie 69, and Yukiko 70, with the MC at 71. I reloaded after dying so much so maybe add a couple levels when I finally get to Izanami. I've been switching between Raphael and Uriel for the most part.

I use Teddie to keep Rakunda up and use my strongest spells and I'm fine for part 1. Then when part 2 rolls around I'm dead in a couple turns :/.

This was pretty much my set-up when I did it long ago and it should work fine, considering the extra poo poo and Rise butting in every now and again:

If you've got a Chakra Ring, slap it on Naoto so that her Mind Charge -> Almighty doesn't burn a hole through her SP as quickly. If she's got a good gun, you can have her take some shots if she happens to run out so that she's not completely worthless after that. Get her to 75 since she learned Megidolaon and that, with Mind Charge, can bring you to ~300dmg/2 turns.

Yukiko is usually my main healer during the fight but the few times she was able to take a break and cast fire spells, she was pretty strong. If you want to take advantage of this, you're going to have to pick up the slack with that healing.

Since Teddie's involved, and if he's got Mediarahan and his buffs, then he should take over and that means Yukiko can bring chaos.

Overall, you're probably going to want just a few more levels to maintain a sense of challenge. If everyone gets in the high 80s/low 90s, you're probably not going to die beyond a massive gently caress-up.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Fooley posted:

That's honestly like 5-10 levels too low in my opinion. Low 70s is where I was in November IIRC. Have you been avoiding Golden Hands?

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

UberJumper posted:

:staredog: Teddie :staredog:

*EDIT* I don't know if i can deal with another guy who seems to revolve around sex.

Yeah, he can be a little unbearable.

Griptape
Feb 22, 2013
I agree, a lot of his mannerisms can be annoying. You'll just have to grin and bear it.

EDIT: Probably around half to three quarters of Yosuke's stupid decisions are due to Teddie being an awful, awful enabler. So I guess be prepared for that.

Griptape fucked around with this message at 01:57 on May 18, 2014

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

Crappy Jack posted:

I have come to conclusion that the vast majority of this game is about sex. Which makes me wonder exactly what would have Chie's dungeon look like if she had one. :staredog:

How is Rise?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

UberJumper posted:

I have come to conclusion that the vast majority of this game is about sex. Which makes me wonder exactly what would have Chie's dungeon look like if she had one. :staredog:

How is Rise?

If you can ignore the sheer amount of times she repeats "Senpai" then she's pretty alright. But then again I enjoyed pretty much every character.

Edit: Also, in Golden she gets some abilities that make her really helpful in battle, even though she's just mission control. So that's a plus.

SyntheticPolygon fucked around with this message at 02:06 on May 18, 2014

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

UberJumper posted:

How is Rise?

Do you think that the main character should be fawned over? If so, you will enjoy her scenes. If not, you will probably not.

I, myself, have no real issue with her, though I vastly prefer the jaded, burnt-out idol she was before she got kidnapped.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Nate RFB posted:

That's honestly like 5-10 levels too low in my opinion. Low 70s is where I was in November IIRC. Have you been avoiding Golden Hands?

No, they've just been running away before I can beat them :/. I'll grind up to the 80s and fuse Trumpeter, I think.

Crappy Jack posted:

:golfclap:

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Teddie gets better, I think. He's totally a child, but at least he has an excuse. I don't think he is so much obsessed with sex as that he has no idea what it even is, but thinks he should desire it for some unclear reason. Probably hanging around Yosuke doesn't help.

Rise... seems divisive. Some people really like her, and she is notably a confident and outgoing character. Personally, I kinda disliked her - a lot of her interactions felt manipulative on her part, she's not a very empathic character overall.

Fangz fucked around with this message at 02:12 on May 18, 2014

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

UberJumper posted:

Well, the game is about teenagers. V:v:V

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

SyntheticPolygon posted:

If you can ignore the sheer amount of times she repeats "Senpai" then she's pretty alright. But then again I enjoyed pretty much every character.

Edit: Also, in Golden she gets some abilities that make her really helpful in battle, even though she's just mission control. So that's a plus.

Awesome, i like the idea of a mission control character.

Hellioning posted:

Do you think that the main character should be fawned over? If so, you will enjoy her scenes. If not, you will probably not.

I, myself, have no real issue with her, though I vastly prefer the jaded, burnt-out idol she was before she got kidnapped.

Shepard-kun does not need any fawning. :commissar:

Strange Quark posted:

Well, the game is about teenagers. V:v:V

True, so very true, and a lot of lonely middle aged women, who have a thing for the main characther.

Speaking of older women.... :staredog:

The Devil Persona, so she asked me if we wanted to study. Next thing you know she is naming the muscles in his back, his front chest, then his inner thigh. Then uhhh :staredog:
Fades to black
"And oho, do you know what this is called...?
> ...
> ......
> .........
> You spent some time with Sayoko..."

Did what i think happen, just happen? :staredog:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

UberJumper posted:

Did what i think happen, just happen? :staredog:

Yes.

No.

That's a fun social link.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

UberJumper posted:

How is Rise?

She's also your best teammate, so lrn 2 luv it, senpai (^3^)

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
If i hear "Senpai" one more time. :smithicide:

Rise :commissar:

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

UberJumper posted:

You get used to it. It stops becoming a word and won't really register anymore unless someone else says it.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

UberJumper posted:

SENPAIIIIII ^_______________^

It is a testament to how bad Marie is that I actually hate her more than Rise. Actually no I kind of maybe take that back. It's a draw. I can't decide which is worse. Rise's S-Link does not sit well with me on any level.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Don't get the hate for marie, her poems alone make her worth it.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Why does everybody have all these weird hang-ups about anime girls whose differences are mostly superficial

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 03:59 on May 18, 2014

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

UberJumper posted:

Like I said, if you can ignore the word 'Senpai', then Rise is a far better character. But if not, then yeah, she's one of the more annoying characters.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
My opinion of Rise is heavily influenced by the fact that she is the most goddamn broken party "member" in the game with her social link stuff.

Free heals/charges/shields/buffs? gently caress yeah, she's probably the reason why every single boss past her dungeon was an absolute cakewalk for me.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

Captain Oblivious posted:

SENPAIIIIII ^_______________^

It is a testament to how bad Marie is that I actually hate her more than Rise. Actually no I kind of maybe take that back. It's a draw. I can't decide which is worse. Rise's S-Link does not sit well with me on any level.

I don't understand, why everyone hates marie. She has been completely fine (aside from her poetry), so far and i am at level 5 srank. Unless something terrible happens.

Apparently i was wrong about Adachi :unsmith:. I was semi wondering when that creepy kid would come back.

Also apparently i entered into an intimate relationship with Yukiko. :smith:

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

UberJumper posted:

Don't worry, you can completely shatter her heart on Valentine's Day in favor of another girl.

Not a complete spoiler, but it involves a later event, assuming you're playing Golden.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
How do people keep on accidentally getting into relationships with the girls? They make it really obvious when it happens during a Link; just reload your save! That's what the skip function is for.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm not sure how you accidentally triggered Yukiko's lovers flag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

UberJumper posted:

Are you sure about that? Because from what I remember about Yukiko's S. Link, you need to outright tell her you love her to enter a relationship. So unless you picked that option accidentally I don't know how you could have entered into a relationship with her.

• Locked thread