Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

corpuscollossus posted:

There's enough outrage and vitriol about this all over that this is fine (probably). Provided you don't name names or make threats you're ok. As for leaving, there's no way until my contract is up. Embassies won't help unless you're in serious poo poo (the British embassy wouldn't give any assistance to a mate who was arrested on completely spurious charges in Oman and had to sleep rough for two months), and besides being painted into a corner here I'm worse off back home. If I were single and childless I'd have left three years ago.

You took your family to Qatar and signed a contract saying you couldn't leave? Jesus, man, you need to get out of there before you get two creepy little Qatari girls appearing in front of you saying "Come work for us, [your name], for ever ... and ever ..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
You're all being a bit melodramatic about this, presumably corpus is white so nothing bad will happen

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Blue Screen Error posted:

You're all being a bit melodramatic about this, presumably corpus is white so nothing bad will happen

Yeah I was thinking this bad things don't happen to White white collar people

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Blue Screen Error posted:

Wasn't that French football player who got trapped in Qatar for like two years white?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

vyelkin posted:

Wasn't that French football player who got trapped in Qatar for like two years white?
Nope he was North African iirc, so "not white enough"

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

vyelkin posted:

He was of Algerian descent.

But the point is that Qatar won't be doing war crimes against a UK citizen, it'll all just be kinda lovely.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
He said he had a mate who was arrested on bogus charges though (in Oman)

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006

Kurtofan posted:

He said he had a mate who was arrested on bogus charges though (in Oman)
Maybe he befriended a non-white somehow.

blueyedevil
Apr 17, 2014
Why the hell were you in Qatar to begin with?

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This thread took quite a turn.

Please don't turn into a slave.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

blueyedevil posted:

Why the hell were you in Qatar to begin with?
Maybe he was bored.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
Come back, Qatariman!

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
As BSE said, I'm white and privileged, and besides my employer threatening me, forcing me to work for half of what I should be earning, the only threat I'm under is defaulting on payments. My situation is a walk in the park compared to most.

There are hundreds of thousands of expat families here and if you're making bank, life is really good. I, like everyone here, came to make easy tax free income. I got a little unlucky. didn't mean to turn this thread into my personal E/N.

Next week my situation will be clearer. If I can't negotiate an exit from the company, I'll be packing it in and leaving when my visa expires in July

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
http://www.lemonde.fr/sport/article/2014/05/16/mondial-2022-au-qatar-une-erreur-pour-blatter_4419740_3242.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...iddle-East.html in English

Blatter says that giving the World Cup to Qatar was a mistake, but everyone makes mistakes so it's fine :wink:

What a piece of poo poo, haha

advanced statsman fucked around with this message at 09:21 on May 16, 2014

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Blatter is a criminal mastermind.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

tetsman posted:

http://www.lemonde.fr/sport/article/2014/05/16/mondial-2022-au-qatar-une-erreur-pour-blatter_4419740_3242.html

Blatter says that giving the World Cup to Qatar was a mistake, but everyone makes mistakes so it's fine :wink:

I hate him op.

He'll die rich and his replacement will be just as corrupt :(

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Hegay posted:

I hope Sepp Blatter dies soon.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
I hope he had died

right there :argh:

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

ephex posted:

I hope he had died

right there :argh:

Just watched this about 20 times

tetsman posted:

And hes running again due to having the "drive" which I assume is code for more rolls royces please

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

kri kri posted:

Just watched this about 20 times

And hes running again due to having the "drive" which I assume is code for more rolls royces please

Well, he can't leave office now. He's got to make up for that mistake that someone made.

blueyedevil
Apr 17, 2014

Kurtofan posted:

Blatter is a criminal mastermind.

Blatter was always against Qatar holding the World Cup. The real evil twats are Platini and the European members of FIFA who accepted Qatari bribes and deals for massive club sponsorships in exchange for their votes.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

blueyedevil posted:

Blatter was always against Qatar holding the World Cup. The real evil twats are Platini and the European members of FIFA who accepted Qatari bribes and deals for massive club sponsorships in exchange for their votes.

This might be true, but don't even start to think that Blatter isn't a real evil twat. Every single person to ever vote for Blatter is a real evil twat, even when he was the only one running.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Gary Lineker is a good lad just imo

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Henry Kissinger got a nobel peace prize, Blatter should get at least 5.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
Platini is such a loving scumbag lol

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

I really want to believe that it will get better when these pieces of human trash die but I know deep down it won't

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Baldo di Gregorio posted:

Platini is such a loving scumbag lol

Remember when people thought he'd be "different"? Seems like he learned well from his time at Juve that money speaks the loudest (doubly so when it's laundered to your family via a CxO job at a "sportswear" firm)

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Foreigners ruined our game.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Pissflaps posted:

Is that BNP's new election slogan?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Funky Koval posted:

Is that BNP's new election slogan?

Pissflaps is actual Nigel Farage

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

mods rename to Ukipflaps

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Its our game let's take the ball and go home.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Pissflaps posted:

Joao Havelange showed the world how to ruin it, then Sepp Blatter did it.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Its our game let's take the ball and go home.

This.

Let them all play somebody else's game like kabbadi or lacrosse we'll just do a home nations tournament every four years.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Pissflaps posted:

This.

Let them all play somebody else's game like kabbadi or lacrosse we'll just do a home nations tournament every four years.
I'd go for international Bushkazi. Surely there's enough goat carcasses to go around.

blueyedevil
Apr 17, 2014

Pissflaps posted:

This.

Nobody would give a single gently caress if none of the home nations showed up for any international tournaments. In fact, most would be glad that they don't have to deal with 10,000 English twats and a loving band.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
7 nation armiright?

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
The Mash admits "politics" influenced Punching Sepp Blatter In His Big Dumb Face in 2014 choice

god I hate that twat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Pissflaps posted:

This.

Kronum