Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot

E PLURIBUS ANUS posted:

People constantly compare this game to chess, which is stupid because that game has perfect knowledge, there's nothing unknowable about the playing field of chess, only what the opposing player will do (which is planned for)

Every loss is directly attributable to your own actions because at no point in chess do you ever have imperfect knowledge nor can you be "screwed" by a board due to luck, the pieces are always in the same place every time

Survivor is poker, which a game based around imperfect knowledge. As such it's, one, luck reliant and two, you cannot judge a players moves by whether or not they succeed, and as A matter of fact if you do you show how little you truly understand the game

Saying Kass is a good player because her moves have been successful is like saying JT's idol gift in HvV was one of the worst moves ever because it wasn't. It shows a fundamental misunderstanding that moves can be right or wrong separate from if they succeed or not and additionally how big of an influence luck has on the game, which is fairly significant-although much like in poker bad luck can be mitigated if you're good enough

Kass is a player who goes all in every round preflop regardless of her hand. She is a terrible, awful player even if she has won-or more accurately, not lost- and of those hands, and arguing that well she's still here so she's doing something right is just as dumb as saying everyone who makes the final table at a poker tournament deserves to be there over everyone else when some terrible players have straight up lucked into that table many, many times before

You can also say that Kass is a terrible player by just pointing to the fact that she flipped unnecessarily. Flipping on your alliance is jury poison 100% of the time, and should be a ploy saved for when you literally have no other choice. Kass flipped because she was ticked off that someone was getting more attention than her, and she was willing to torpedo her game to get more camera time/attention.

I don't need anything in addition to that to write her off as an idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Loving season 12 is my secret shame. Every true Survivor Dan needs to watch it.

Shane and his BlackBerry :stare:

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Propaganda Machine posted:

Loving season 12 is my secret shame. Every true Survivor Dan needs to watch it.

Shane and his BlackBerry :stare:

Liking s12 is no shame, hell I like EVERY season (yes even whatever one you're thinking I can't possibly like).

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Kind of funny that the 'brain' Spencer is still around due to winning immunity challenges, while the 'brawn' Tony is still in the game due to his player manipulations, backstabbing and ability to figure out where idols are.

Poque posted:

4.5 votes to each. they literally cut trish in half and everybody gets some of her bones

In happier news, let's get ready for a final tribal council by watching old awesome jury questions/answers/apology-demands: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8hbJAirWUc

I'm mad that they cut out Lisa's response to Penner because his statement was rude and unnecessary and she really put him in his place for it.

Great clip. On the last Know-It-Alls, Rob points out that it's not enough to get to the final, you have to do it in a way that doesn't piss off everyone. Said something like, "39 days earlier, nobody knew you. If the jury is bitter, you caused them feel that way".

Rick posted:

Kass is bad at Survivor but good at TV.
She's almost a lock to get $100,000 for second place. That ain't too bad.

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO

mancalamania posted:

People were saying the flip at the merge meant she was crazy because she would be the first person out of her alliance-- yet three people from her alliance are gone now, and she's still here.

No, people were saying she had a guaranteed final 3, and burned most of her potential votes. Which looks to be the case.

Binary Logic posted:

This is true. If you know you can't win, playing the goat is actually a decent strategy.

I was thinking about past final 2 FTCs and the final immunity challenge. If you assume the final 3 consists of two potential winners and one goat, what does winning final immunity do?

Goat wins: take PW1 or PW2 to FTC and loses
PW1 wins: take Goat to FTC and wins
PW2 wins: take Goat to FTC and wins

So if the final 3 usually consists of two PWs and a Goat, you'd think the winner of final immunity would win 2/3rds of the time. Actually even higher since a Goat is usually a player who hasn't done well in challenges.

The actual results of the final immunity winner (of a final 2) winning the game are closer to 50/50. The conclusions could be that Goats are not all that common in the final 3, or that PWs make bad decisions on who to bring to the end.

:goonsay:

paperchaseguy fucked around with this message at 13:16 on May 17, 2014

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Binary Logic posted:

Kind of funny that the 'brain' Spencer is still around due to winning immunity challenges, while the 'brawn' Tony is still in the game due to his player manipulations, backstabbing and ability to figure out where idols are.

Great clip. On the last Know-It-Alls, Rob points out that it's not enough to get to the final, you have to do it in a way that doesn't piss off everyone. Said something like, "39 days earlier, nobody knew you. If the jury is bitter, you caused them feel that way".

Let's face it Spencer and Tasha were the two most overall capable physical players in this entire season, and they were both Brains.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Terrible at working with a team, though

Recursive
Jul 15, 2006

... but then again, who does?

How do you get so much right and so much wrong in one post?

Your comments on Marty, Taj, Eliza, Malcolm and specifically DAVE loving BALL were spot on. And then you nix RC, OK Abi Maria and cast Jeff Kent and Reynolds as villains? Really?

That being said, I hate the whole thing about focusing on recent seasons during a HvV or a BvW. And I'm a grandmaster at chess.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

paperchaseguy posted:

No, people were saying she had a guaranteed final 3, and burned most of her potential votes. Which looks to be the case.

Is the general consensus of the thread that, had Kass not flipped, she Spencer and Tasha would have just cruised into the F3 with an obvious minority power alliance with no opposition?

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Aerox posted:

Is the general consensus of the thread that, had Kass not flipped, she Spencer and Tasha would have just cruised into the F3 with an obvious minority power alliance with no opposition?

In theory they would have the majority alliance, could have picked off the remaining 5 Brawn/Beauties, voted out the other players in their alliance, and gone to F3.
Of course that was before #KaosKass.
In reality of course things never go as smoothly as planned.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
The brain tribe this season was a group of people that did not understand that you put one foot in front of another. They played an individual game from the first second, when David send Garrette away because "he would have been a threat at the end", which is why they imploded.

I have to say I really hate Spencer's edit. He is a challenge monster and thats it. He did not make one successfull move on his own and did not influence Tony when he voted out Jefra, but we have to endure confessional after confessional of Spencer being happy about his situation. This dude knows how to give the producers the stuff they need to engineer great TV, but all this "they have conflict, this is great for me" is utter bullshit. As soon as he does not win Immunity he is out.

As for the goat strategy: I believe it only works if you have a strong leader, that is in near total control (Tony, Boston Rob as the two most recent examples) otherwise your goatyness will lead to you being voted out sooner rather than later.

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

Kid, touch is for video games and gynecologists

GaussianCopula posted:

The brain tribe this season was a group of people that did not understand that you put one foot in front of another. They played an individual game from the first second, when David send Garrette away because "he would have been a threat at the end", which is why they imploded.

I have to say I really hate Spencer's edit. He is a challenge monster and thats it. He did not make one successfull move on his own and did not influence Tony when he voted out Jefra, but we have to endure confessional after confessional of Spencer being happy about his situation. This dude knows how to give the producers the stuff they need to engineer great TV, but all this "they have conflict, this is great for me" is utter bullshit. As soon as he does not win Immunity he is out.

As for the goat strategy: I believe it only works if you have a strong leader, that is in near total control (Tony, Boston Rob as the two most recent examples) otherwise your goatyness will lead to you being voted out sooner rather than later.

Spencer has always been on the bottom and has bullshit his way through 4 tribals where he probably should have gone home. The Jefra vote was definitely swayed by Spencer getting in Tony's head though and the reason Spencer is remarkable is that he's stayed very calm and collected despite always facing an uphill battle. The one time he lost his cool was when he thought he was on top in a strong alliance and #KhaosKass happened.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
Spencer would get clowned in a season with better players, hence why he's a terrible choice to return for an all-stars season, but considering he's final four against overwhelming odds, the anti-Spencer hyperbole is strange.
He's definitely been staggeringly lucky to have his main opponent be the Master Spy Shack Builder.

quote:

How do you get so much right and so much wrong in one post?

Your comments on Marty, Taj, Eliza, Malcolm and specifically DAVE loving BALL were spot on. And then you nix RC, OK Abi Maria and cast Jeff Kent and Reynolds as villains? Really?

That being said, I hate the whole thing about focusing on recent seasons during a HvV or a BvW. And I'm a grandmaster at chess.

what's your reason for not wanting Abi-Maria back? That you hate her so much? Because that's EXACTLY why she must return. Can you think of a better choice for female villain?
And I would like to clarify I haven't seen many of the older seasons, so my casting was entirely based on the seasons I've seen.
Minus Redemption Island, where I can't think of anyone that would be a good returnee other than Andrea, who has already returned.

quote:

Might be the general consensus, but would be wrong. Even if Kass had decided not to ice Sarah, she would've known she was on the bottom, and flipped at the next opportunity. In that hypothetical, she wouldn't have wrecked her relationship with Tasha, so after Tony's gone (and that would probably have been what happened at the next tribal council after Jefra got taken out), Kass convinces Tasha that Spencer's too dangerous to go much farther, so they team up with Trish, Woo, and LJ to get rid of him. Next week, LJ goes, then Jeremiah, then Trish, Woo, and Kass and Tasha go final 2, barring one of the others winning immunity (but Tasha probably would've crushed any immunity challenge).
Under that logic, ChaosKass was bad for Tasha, but ultimately good for Spencer. I mean, Spencer barely convinced Kass and Tasha to keep him over the Rice Burner, so it's not inconceivable they'd make a move against him as soon as convenient.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Spatula City posted:

Might be the general consensus, but would be wrong. Even if Kass had decided not to ice Sarah, she would've known she was on the bottom, and flipped at the next opportunity. In that hypothetical, she wouldn't have wrecked her relationship with Tasha, so after Tony's gone (and that would probably have been what happened at the next tribal council after Jefra got taken out), Kass convinces Tasha that Spencer's too dangerous to go much farther, so they team up with Trish, Woo, and LJ to get rid of him. Next week, LJ goes, then Jeremiah, then Trish, Woo, and Kass and Tasha go final 2, barring one of the others winning immunity (but Tasha probably would've crushed any immunity challenge).
Under that logic, ChaosKass was bad for Tasha, but ultimately good for Spencer. I mean, Spencer barely convinced Kass and Tasha to keep him over the Rice Burner, so it's not inconceivable they'd make a move against him as soon as convenient.

Survivor fan fiction :allears:

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Jose Valasquez posted:

Survivor fan fiction :allears:

I totally get, understand, and believe that Kass has a horrible social game, but I am really, really confused by how this thread is calling that flip the worst move in Survivor history.

Kass' glaring personality and social flaws aside, there is no reason to believe she gave up some sort of golden ticket to a mythical Brains Final 3. There is NO WAY the players in the game, as dumb as they are, wouldn't have immediately identified the Brains Trio as a massive minority alliance threat and turned on them as soon as they were able, assuming Spencer and/or Tash didn't flip either, which is also a huge stretch. See: Rotu 4, Four Horsemen, Onion Alliance, etc.

The flip REALLY wasn't that awful of a move. It was probably earlier than it needed to be, and the way she's acted since she flipped is mindboggling, but it was a pre-emptive move to solidify SOME position in a dominant numbers alliance where the target on your back actually becomes smaller, because you're no longer part of a scary power-trio.

In any case, this season has been absolutely magical. :allears:

Edit: Since I'm sitting here thinking about Survivor all morning anyway, I guess I'll add that this seems kind of like the next natural evolution of the game, in some sense. There's an old post I think from Sucks a while back that talks about Survivor 1.0, 2.0, etc., and describes how the game has slowly changed over time. (1.0 = Dominant Alliance, Pagong other tribe) (2.0 = Dominant Alliance, but bottom rung joins with minority alliance at critical point and flips the game.) The point we're at now, considering the last couple seasons (not counting returnees vs. noob seasons), alliances are short-lived and everyone in the game regularly crosses voting lines to take out any sort of obvious threat. Unless you are a social mastermind and can control everyone on the island with an iron fist (and very few people can, like Kim and Rob. Tony came close but he's too easily manipulated by paranoia.), it actually seems like the best place to be in modern Survivor is hovering outside of a majority alliance and willing to flip on whoever you identify as a group threat. Probably why Sandra was able to win twice.

Aerox fucked around with this message at 19:08 on May 17, 2014

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Bjay9 posted:

Spencer has always been on the bottom and has bullshit his way through 4 tribals where he probably should have gone home. The Jefra vote was definitely swayed by Spencer getting in Tony's head though and the reason Spencer is remarkable is that he's stayed very calm and collected despite always facing an uphill battle. The one time he lost his cool was when he thought he was on top in a strong alliance and #KhaosKass hap5pened.

All votes follow Tony's strategy and are not majorly influenced by Spencer. Tony's rules are a) My alliance can never have more than 2 votes majority to avoid my alliance fracturing b) The tribe can not have more woman than man, otherwise we will end up in a Micronesia/One World scenario. Those two rules all votes Tony controlled up to final5.

Sarah - Needed to gain majority, easiest target because of Idols, Kass hates her.
Morgan - comfort vote, was hated by everyone in his alliance. Spencer would have been a better vote but the danger was that free-agent Kaoskass would not have approved of that vote.
LJ - Rule A
Jeremiah - Spencer had the HII, Tasha won the immunity challenge
Jefra - Rule A and B, but mostly B as Tony would have preferred to vote out Tasha at this point

After this the rules no longer applied as Tasha was a big threat and he could not lose his goat. Spencers best play was probably to get Tasha to vote J'Tia out and not him but after that? He is a challenge monster that seems to atleast understand the game but he did not influence it to a significant degree outside of them.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

Aerox posted:

I totally get, understand, and believe that Kass has a horrible social game, but I am really, really confused by how this thread is calling that flip the worst move in Survivor history.

Kass' glaring personality and social flaws aside, there is no reason to believe she gave up some sort of golden ticket to a mythical Brains Final 3. There is NO WAY the players in the game, as dumb as they are, wouldn't have immediately identified the Brains Trio as a massive minority alliance threat and turned on them as soon as they were able, assuming Spencer and/or Tash didn't flip either, which is also a huge stretch. See: Rotu 4, Four Horsemen, Onion Alliance, etc.

The flip REALLY wasn't that awful of a move. It was probably earlier than it needed to be, and the way she's acted since she flipped is mindboggling, but it was a pre-emptive move to solidify SOME position in a dominant numbers alliance where the target on your back actually becomes smaller, because you're no longer part of a scary power-trio.

In any case, this season has been absolutely magical. :allears:

Kass worst move was to keep J'Tia, the person that threw their rice in the fire. Everything else is fine in comparission.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

Yeah, it's not the flip that's bad, it's all the little things since. It's weird that Tony's being compared to Russell when Kass is in some ways playing a more Russell-like game. A game that will get her to the end while EVERYONE HATES HER, with a strategy involving causing chaos, and getting people mad at her.
People should be pointing to what Kass did this last episode as a legendarily bad move, not her big flip.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Spatula City posted:

Yeah, it's not the flip that's bad, it's all the little things since. It's weird that Tony's being compared to Russell when Kass is in some ways playing a more Russell-like game. A game that will get her to the end while EVERYONE HATES HER, with a strategy involving causing chaos, and getting people mad at her.
People should be pointing to what Kass did this last episode as a legendarily bad move, not her big flip.

I haven't been watching Ponderosa, so maybe someone can answer this for me: Have they shown any of the jurors talking about Kass or Tony? I'm curious to see how the people Kass "saved" with her flip, minus Trish, see her, and also how Tony's old alliancemates see him, given that he has stabbed every single person in his original alliance in the face.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

As much as I want Spencer to win because he has more or less played behind the eight ball this game, if they buy Tony's line about the Idol working one more tribal, I just can't see him making it if anyone but him wins immunity. I'm sort of surprised that Jeff didn't say anything about it being the last time to a idols; I am almost positive that he has said that in other seasons where it was the last tribal they could be used.

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO

Aerox posted:

What, were Jeremiah, Morgan, and the entirely too credulous Sarah going to stop the Brains?

eta: oops wrong link :(

paperchaseguy fucked around with this message at 02:12 on May 21, 2014

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Aerox posted:

I was kind of surprised a few pages back to see everyone thinking that the jury would just be so in love with Tony and think his animal noises were wacky and hilarious while frowning at Kass for being so mean and rude to Trish.

Clearly Kass isn't the most popular person in camp, but Tony has directly lied to and betrayed EVERY single person in his original alliance and quite frankly didn't have a great reason for a lot of them. There may be a generalized dislike of Kass among most of the jurors, but there's probably a lot of targeted animosity towards Tony and Trish right now.
The jury was all voted out by Tyson in BvW. They cheered on people trying to take Tyson down and they called Tyson out by name when their torches were snuffed, but that didn't mean if Tyson made it to the end they weren't going to vote for him. I don't believe there's a blanket sympathy that's given to all people other than the person who made the big moves. In fact, sometimes those people get attacked rather viciously, like Monica. People get mad at you for not joining them against the obvious power in the game. To win the jury over someone like Tony, my thinking is that you either have to have been on the outside, like Spencer would be (and like Sandra was in HvV), or you have to be much more likable (Natalie in Samoa). Kass doesn't fall into either of those exceptions. People hate her. The only two people I can see disliking Tony more than they dislike Kass would be LJ and Jefra, but I don't know if that's even certain.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 01:29 on May 18, 2014

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Rick posted:

Kass is bad at Survivor but good at TV.
Yeah, I think Cochran was a bit too generous with her but that basically was his point, and it's true. I've never watched wrestling but it almost seems like she's intentionally playing "the heel."

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
Even if Kass did make it to the Final 3 with Tasha and Spencer (this never would have happened without significant opposition, by the way), does anyone really think she would win against either of those two? Even her "easy final 3" that she "threw away" was essentially a dead end for winning the game. Why not mix things up and see if a different path works out?

rafington
Aug 21, 2008

mancalamania posted:

Even if Kass did make it to the Final 3 with Tasha and Spencer (this never would have happened without significant opposition, by the way), does anyone really think she would win against either of those two? Even her "easy final 3" that she "threw away" was essentially a dead end for winning the game. Why not mix things up and see if a different path works out?

Why wouldn't she win against them? People keep saying that she would've lost anyways if she stayed with her alliance, but she seemed pretty well liked before the flip. If she stayed with her alliance, she could engineer blindsides and try to win based on being strategic, or possibly cut Spencer/Tasha at a later point and use Jefra or someone as a goat.

Keep in mind that she is the exact type of person who can make it to the finals by sticking with her alliance: she's not a physical threat, nor was she perceived as the clear alliance leader at the time, nor was she super personable like Tasha or Jeremiah or whoever, so she was at little risk of getting blindsided by her alliance or being targeted by idol plays. But either the goat strategy or late blindside moves still mean that she could win at a final tribal, IMO.

rafington fucked around with this message at 01:48 on May 18, 2014

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

mancalamania posted:

Who were Tasha and Spencer before the merge? Why couldn't Kass have beaten them? Plenty of time for her to get to know the new tribe, form bonds, do whatever. Unless you're arguing she can never beat anyone in the end so she may as well be a goat, I'm not sure what you're saying.

OK, maybe you're saying Tasha and Spencer are so likable that even if they're just meeting people for the first time post-merge, Kass can never keep up. Well, then she could flip at final five, right? Without having betrayed the whole alliance.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 01:52 on May 18, 2014

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

Alternately, Kass could never have won no matter what because she's got the empathy of a fruit bat.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Spatula City posted:

Spencer would get clowned in a season with better players, hence why he's a terrible choice to return for an all-stars season

Even so, having played a season, he is better for it and will likely do just as well as anyone else with returning players.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

guys, RobHasaWebsite's doing a fan favorite of the season poll. Do the right thing. Vote Kass.
:getin:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The credit I will give Kass, is that if she has a plan, she executes it. But most of the time these plans are awful.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Spatula City posted:

guys, RobHasaWebsite's doing a fan favorite of the season poll. Do the right thing. Vote Kass.
:getin:
Vote Tony for being the run-away most aggressive and entertaining player possibly ever. Don't let Spencer's underdog story blind you to how many million times more fun Tony has given us than Spencer.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Fast Luck posted:

Vote Tony for being the run-away most aggressive and entertaining player possibly ever. Don't let Spencer's underdog story blind you to how many million times more fun Tony has given us than Spencer.

It's great that we even have to figure out who the person most worthy of a vote would be. Pretty much everybody from both the original Brain and Brawn tribes ended up being a great character for whatever reason. It looks like the Beauties had a bit of dead weight - LJ, Jefra, and Jeremiah were ultimately pretty boring. I have to feel we could have gotten a lot more out of Brice or Alexis if they had stuck around longer. Alexis in particular - I remember thinking her early game was pretty decent and then her situation post tribe-mixup put her in a bad spot.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.
I, for one, am voting J'Tia.

I'm a few episodes into HvV and it is already very entertaining. I have to admit, I think some of the people (mostly a few villains) were placed on the wrong tribes. I never considered Coach a villain, just a weirdo. I don't really think Sandra and Danielle (I actually forgot what season she was on and kind of shocked when I realized she came in second on her season) were villains either. Shane and Rocky would've been better than those two, but in a way, I'm not sure I could handle Shane or Rocky all over again.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Aerox posted:

I haven't been watching Ponderosa, so maybe someone can answer this for me: Have they shown any of the jurors talking about Kass or Tony? I'm curious to see how the people Kass "saved" with her flip, minus Trish, see her, and also how Tony's old alliancemates see him, given that he has stabbed every single person in his original alliance in the face.

Sarah and Morgan just loathe Kass, and I don't think anyone likes her. My impression of their feelings towards Tony is that he is the one controlling the game and that while he's playing against them, he's not the terrible human being that Kass is.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Piell posted:

Sarah and Morgan just loathe Kass, and I don't think anyone likes her. My impression of their feelings towards Tony is that he is the one controlling the game and that while he's playing against them, he's not the terrible human being that Kass is.

Them being the first two to Ponderosa will help steer the group think in their favor as well. Next person in only gets Kass hate talked around him. Next guy gets more of the same. So on and so forth.

Septimius
Aug 23, 2006

Fast Luck posted:

Tony has really made this season, it would probably be fairly dull without him. Spencer is a good player, but he's like Cochran without the interesting personality quirks.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

I kind of hope Tony wins, only because he's the only winner fans would be remotely satisfied with. Anyone else wins, the Survivor fan community's going to be SO loving BITTER. as they tend to be anyway, lol.
Hah, you know what, I've got an idea for Survivor. Probably one that will never happen, but still a good idea. a Fans Only season. I'm sure the producers would be worried BUT WHAT ABOUT OUR EYE CANDY, but that's demonstrably bullshit, as LJ, Jefra, and Alexis, IIRC, stated they were fans.

I'm kind of tempted to do a whole jury scenario effortpost on Monday or Tuesday. Might be fun trying to guess what direction the voters would lean in. Although clearly the most interesting scenario, Tony v. Spencer, is the most unlikely.
People, especially on Survivorsucks, have been weirdly high on Woo, but I don't really see why. He's been more prominent, in my opinion, only because he's in the final four. His edit would have been more positive were he the winner.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Fast Luck posted:

Kass actually is my favorite this season, she's good tv.

Tony is a poor man's King Russell of Samoa/Bahhhston Rob and it's obvious that he was cast for it. He's a great player and no mistake, but he's still on the shoulders of giants as far as abrasive domineering players go. He will likely win, and totally deserves it, but he's no King Russell.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
A big part of what made Russell so fun to watch was how easy to hate Galu were. The fans were rooting for terrible things to happen to Luara and company, Russell made that happen.

Tony has been a frontrunner the whole way. Instead of pulling off an 8-4 comeback, Tony has been acting crazy from a position of relative safety. When Tony makes a big move, the faces shuffle a little but the game doesn't really change much.

It's fun to watch, but he's nowhere near as rootable as Russell in Samoa. Tony needed better "bad guys" to go up against. (Big Brother 10 is the textbook example of this formula working)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Until Tony burns his tribe's socks, he doesn't compare to Hantz :colbert:

• Locked thread