Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you getting the Wii U?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9031 65.25%
No 1191 8.60%
Maybe 808 5.84%
I'm an idiot 460 3.32%
Waluigi 1603 11.58%
Waa 748 5.40%
Total: 13841 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Just want to remind you that Wonderful 101 is still awesome. I'm finally up to Silver on Operation 003-1! Yaaaaaay ow my fingers

Still on your first time through?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Still on your first time through?

No, I'm doing Hard mode. I've gotten up to Operation 6 on that mode, but I'm trying to get my scores up on earlier levels. Every level is awesome so it works out.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Rack posted:

Everyone loves a good E3 rumor/leak. Take with as many grains of salt as you'd like.

http://i.imgur.com/mMp2YtM.jpg

This is easy to tell fake because Nintendo doesn't use the Red color for their logo anymore.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pixeltendo posted:

This is easy to tell fake because Nintendo doesn't use the Red color for their logo anymore.

Also the perspective on the logo's all out of whack, if you held the paper vertically the logo'd be on a diagonal instead of horizontal.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

BottledBodhisvata posted:

No, I'm doing Hard mode. I've gotten up to Operation 6 on that mode, but I'm trying to get my scores up on earlier levels. Every level is awesome so it works out.

W101 is just such a blast to play! I was worried I'd get burnt out going for some of the more tedious bottle-caps for secret character stuff, but nope! Though some of those consolation prizes'll be sticking around for a while.

009-B on 101% :smithicide:

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Looper posted:

W101 is just such a blast to play! I was worried I'd get burnt out going for some of the more tedious bottle-caps for secret character stuff, but nope! Though some of those consolation prizes'll be sticking around for a while.

009-B on 101% :smithicide:

The loving secret missions...some of those are just brutal.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

TEHJOE posted:

In 2009, NSMB Wii was revealed a day before the conference due to semi-shear sheets.

Lots of leaks actually crop up from legit places like this. I remember both the Wii's name and Mario Galaxy being leaked from major newspapers which were given previews prior to E3 06. However the original derailer asked if any of these lists ever actually contained real leaks and the answer to that is basically a no. The closest thing was that leaked slide show detailing the (then un-named) Xbox One's life cycle, including "input one," the new Kinect and the still unannounced Fortaliza all a year or so before the One's unveiling.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Mennonites Revenge posted:

I seem to recall Retro developing a revival of Donkey Kong Country, announced at E3 2010, was leaked. I forget if anything else was, but it certainly wasn't the big list type of rumor, because I'm pretty sure I would've remembered if someone predicted that Masahiro Sakurai was working on a new loving Kid Icarus game.

Kid Icarus reboot was the big rumour for years and years, only because Bozon and Cassamassina at IGN wouldn't stop bringing it up all the time, to the point where people at Nintendo seemed to genuinely think there was a demand for a new Kid Icarus game. Just be thankful they let Sakurai do it and not the Factor 5 dudes...

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
The new Kid Icarus game is good and all, but I don't know how they thought anyone actually cared about that property before.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Like I said, they thought people cared because the IGN dudes would bring it up every time they interviewed someone from Nintendo, as if there was was some massive demand for a new game that existed outside their own heads.

I don't think they had any bearing on Sakurai, honestly. Dude does what he wants.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Rack posted:

Everyone loves a good E3 rumor/leak. Take with as many grains of salt as you'd like.

Is it just me or is the most damning thing about that being fake the fact that they used a red nintendo logo instead of the grey one they use now?

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Like I said, they thought people cared because the IGN dudes would bring it up every time they interviewed someone from Nintendo, as if there was was some massive demand for a new game that existed outside their own heads.

I don't think they had any bearing on Sakurai, honestly. Dude does what he wants.

Uprising was going to be a Starfox game at first, but it seems the Kid icarus series won over sakurai.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Using such a long-defunct franchise enabled Sakurai to go hogwild reinventing it however he wanted, and what he came up with was pretty great. I don't know how many other game creators would have taken Kid Icarus and written a comedy script involving alien invasions.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Rack posted:

Ah yes, here we are. BIG E3 SECRETS document floating around, in print, over 3 weeks before the actual presentation that contains sensitive information. Sitting around unguarded.

The stuff like a new zelda and announced games are expected, and make sense, and then VC gamecube games :allears: It's like the Uncle-Works-At-Nintendo medium for writing fan-fiction.

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

I'd be loving down for some F-Zero GX.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Cliff Racer posted:

If it were just Nintendo I'd say ehh, after all stuff like NES Remix was announced day of, right? But its not, its also Atlus and Atlus cares. Also FE is an established franchise with dedicated fans, not even Nintendo would be dumb enough to do a launch like that.

They did do something like that with one of their biggest franchises (Pokémon) just recently, though (Pokémon Trozei 2 was announced and released like a week later). They can be obnoxious like that and I hate it, but it does happen.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
F-Zero or Star Fox on the WiiU would really own and I'd love to see that after seeing how drat good MK8 is.

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother
I'm guessing animal crossing U will be announced. It's relatively low cost and sells gangbusters. Not the most exciting announcement in the world, but there you go.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
It'll be a f2p game that starts off in an empty, deserted town and forces you to buy NFC figurines of each villager in order to repopulate.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I could see a Starfox on Wii U but not an F-zero.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

It'll be a f2p game that starts off in an empty, deserted town and forces you to buy NFC figurines of each villager in order to repopulate.

And they'll also make you buy furniture, tools, fruits, clothes, hats...

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Shelf Adventure posted:

I'm guessing animal crossing U will be announced. It's relatively low cost and sells gangbusters. Not the most exciting announcement in the world, but there you go.

Yeah, the end of life on the Animal Crossing Plaza has made me think a new AC is coming sometime soon as well. On the other hand, it's just as easy to assume the end of life on the AC Plaza has to do with the 3DS getting Miiverse, and they just wanted to give themselves enough time to make sure everyting worked.

Anyway, I think it'd be cool in such a theoretical game if the town section would be identical to New Leaf, and you'd be able to transfer your NL save file back and forth ala MH3U allows you to. That way the cool stuff can be all the peripheral stuff outside the town without making you give up your hard work on NL. Maybe have some new bugs and fish to hunt down if you're playing on the Wii U, new poo poo in the shops and such that you can carry back to the 3DS.

I think that'd be pretty drat cool. :shobon:

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

deadwing posted:

I think that'd be pretty drat cool. :shobon:

If by cool you mean lazy.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
They basically did that with City Folk, right? I remember the devs saying that the lukewarm reception for City Folk really reinforced the idea that repackaging the same game for new platforms wasn't gonna be enough anymore, so I'd imagine they wouldn't do the same thing with New Leaf on Wii U.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

They basically did that with City Folk, right? I remember the devs saying that the lukewarm reception for City Folk really reinforced the idea that repackaging the same game for new platforms wasn't gonna be enough anymore, so I'd imagine they wouldn't do the same thing with New Leaf on Wii U.

Except City Folk basically made you start the same game all over with a lovely city, which was my problem with it. Being able to bring your progress over would be cool, especially since many people are still involved in New Leaf since it took so goddamn long to come out in the US.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Presumably they'd want more people to buy the U version than just a few diehards who are still playing NL. This would be no way to entice a larger audience.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

less laughter posted:

And they'll also make you buy furniture, tools, fruits, clothes, hats...

They did/do actually have little Animal Crossing figure toys you can buy. I have Kap, Porter, and Resetti! As well as a small number of furniture items. I would be okay if they did something with the NFC for Animal Crossing, like special villagers/visitors you can only trigger once a week, or maybe that you can send off (digitally) to towns on your friends list, like that would be how you level them up. Or like getting folk like Porter or Celeste as villagers in addition to them working in town.

Really I would just like if they added more space for villagers.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Commissar Ken posted:

Is it just me or is the most damning thing about that being fake the fact that they used a red nintendo logo instead of the grey one they use now?

The most damning thing is Hyrule Warriors being out in June. They've only showed it once and it didn't even have a final title. Also it's a loving Warriors game, which is primarily made for Japan, so it's going to come out there first no matter what.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Don't the musou games generaly have lots of playable characters these days? I wonder how they're gonna handle that element in Hyrule Warriors... I guess they'll do an all-star thing and let you play as all the different versions of Link, or something.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Don't the musou games generaly have lots of playable characters these days? I wonder how they're gonna handle that element in Hyrule Warriors... I guess they'll do an all-star thing and let you play as all the different versions of Link, or something.

There are 80+ characters in the latest Dynasty Warriors game, yes. They could probably make it to at least 20-30 if they were really creative about who to bring in, including multiple versions of the same character. But aside from Link you have all the different sages and Ganon and Sheik and Impa and Wolf Link and Midna and Fi and Tingle, etc. If they don't put Darunia in there and allow you to roll a swath of destruction across the map, then it loving fails.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Alternatively, they could base the game on any of the backstory wars and make all of those 80+ characters incredibly generic hylians or put some effort in and make some decent enough characters with some plot in.

Feels like that would be less grating than Links from across time and space appearing for this game, even if it is a barely coherent side game as far as plot goes.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Hakkesshu posted:

The most damning thing is Hyrule Warriors being out in June. They've only showed it once and it didn't even have a final title. Also it's a loving Warriors game, which is primarily made for Japan, so it's going to come out there first no matter what.

Bloody hell. Do Warriors games usually get this little notice, or does Nintendo genuinely think this is a good way of advertising their games? I mean, this approach worked fine for the NES Remixes, but surprise releases just give the impression that nothing's coming out for the system, or are years away from completion.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

That loving Sned posted:

Bloody hell. Do Warriors games usually get this little notice, or does Nintendo genuinely think this is a good way of advertising their games? I mean, this approach worked fine for the NES Remixes, but surprise releases just give the impression that nothing's coming out for the system, or are years away from completion.

They're talking about what clearly marks out the 'leak' above as a fake, not damning for the title itself.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
They announced it as soon as they had the idea but Koei takes like two weeks to make these things.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

I don't know, they did a Fist of the North Star game and it only had 8 characters, and if they use the DW7/8 system and let you switch weapons they don't even really need that many. Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, and a couple of side characters would be enough to fill it out for the Free mode, and Story mode would be able to restrict you to fewer without issues either.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

greatn posted:

They announced it as soon as they had the idea but Koei takes like two weeks to make these things.

Excuse me, they had to make new assets for this one. Hyrule Warriors has at least a month of development time. :colbert:

(I love the Musou series, in fact I just started playing one of the older entries that I skipped, but they're not exactly complex.)

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here

Rack posted:

I think the most damning thing about this isn't the logo or the fan-wank list of games they're revealing, it's that they didn't put any NFC titles on it, which is like the ONE thing we know nintendo is going to talk about at E3.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

If they're announcing any Virtual Console news at E3 it would probably be Nintendo 64 and Nintendo DS release windows.

Man, once they have 5 VC systems to support, it'll make the one game per week frequency even more excruciating.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Kabanaw posted:

it's that they didn't put any NFC titles on it, which is like the ONE thing we know nintendo is going to talk about at E3.

Super Smash Bros 4, duhh!

:unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Help Im Alive posted:

Has an E3 leak list ever actually been real?

I want to say yes but I couldn't give you an actual example. However I do know that when Capcom was hyping up the MvC3 roster and doing very sparse reveals someone came out and spilled the entire roster all at once, and people didn't believe his list for a while. Stuff like "Why would Zero be in if Megaman isn't", but then it turned out Capcom just hates Megaman oops

But Nintendo isn't even doing a conference this year so I don't know why they would hand out pieces of paper with all their secrets

• Locked thread