Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!

LividLiquid posted:

How is Willow creepy? Is it the sex thing? Because I agree that's a little stupid, but she has a couple cool quests, comes with a dog and an awesome bungalow, and has unique dialog with every other companion.

The sex thing is a big part, but also just the appearance and characterization of Willow, to me, is creepy. Why is she so clean and attractive and why the midriff and teddy bear? Also the way that the mod kind of builds up to her rewarding you with sex, I don't know just creeps me out. In fairness though I haven't played through it, just watched youtubes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Seashell Salesman posted:

The sex thing is a big part, but also just the appearance and characterization of Willow, to me, is creepy. Why is she so clean and attractive and why the midriff and teddy bear? Also the way that the mod kind of builds up to her rewarding you with sex, I don't know just creeps me out. In fairness though I haven't played through it, just watched youtubes.
I never played her with that outfit even when she had it, but they took it out completely on the latest release and now she's fully covered and wearing armor. She's got a bit of manic pixie dreamgirl in her for sure, and I'm not a fan of that at all, but I really dug having a companion that actually spoke her lines, seemed to fit into the world, and had a story and motivations of sorts.
The Gilbert mod, for instance, was super creepy when I got it because she was so lifeless and there was an option to get her naked right there in her menu.

Snoop Radley
Sep 26, 2011

Hail to the baby king. :3:
Willow looks like an anime.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The final Willow release does change her proportions and stuff to make her look a bit more human:

(1.0)

(old version)

But she still doesn't fit in with the game's aesthetic too well.

Snoop Radley
Sep 26, 2011

Hail to the baby king. :3:
It's not so much the midriff but the Final Fantasy hair and sparkly blue eyes that make her clash with the aesthetic, imo.

Getting rid of the makeup was a pretty big improvement though.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
That's a huge improvement character design-wise. The hair is still a bit weird looking, but to be fair, most Fallout 3/New Vegas hair is weird-looking.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Ok I'm having near constant crashes, every 30 minutes or so, after shuffling some things around so I'm hoping you fine gentlemen can take a look and tell me what might be wrong.

code:
FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
CaravanPack.esm
Military Explansion Program.esm
CompanionInfAmmo.esm
DFB - Random Encounters.esm
IWS-Core.esm
Project Nevada - Core.esm
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
NVInteriors_Core.esm
NVInteriors_ComboEdition.esm
FCOMaster.esm
More Perks.esm
More Perks for Honest Hearts.esm
More Perks for Dead Money.esm
SCAV.esm
D.E.I.M.O.S..esm
Companion Core.esm
RobCo Certified.esm
SomeguySeries.esm
SimpleStreetLights.esp
SimpleStreetLights (Extra Lights).esp
CompanionInfAmmoOptional.esp
CompanionInfAmmoCheat.esp
Western Sky.esp
Western Sky - Darker Nights.esp
FalloutNV_lang.esp
UHNV.esp
UHNV-Dead Money.esp
UHNV-Honest Hearts.esp
UHNV-OWB.esp
UHNV-Lonesome Road.esp
UHNV-Brighter Lighting.esp
UHNV-More Mannequins.esp
Vurt's WFO.esp
IWS-Core-Guards.esp
IWS-Core-Patrols.esp
IWS-Core-Civilians.esp
IWS-DM.esp
IWS-HH.esp
IWS-OWB.esp
IWS-LR.esp
NVCE Main.esp
NVCE Main - Companions.esp
NVCE DLC01.esp
NVCE DLC02.esp
NVCE DLC03.esp
NVCE DLC04.esp
MojaveExtended100.esp
FCO.esp
FCO - OnHolyServiceBound NPC's.esp
PerkEveryLevel.esp
More Perks Update.esp
More Perks for Honest Hearts Update.esp
More Perks for Dead Money Update.esp
Tailor Maid - NV.esp
SignatureArmor.esp
SignatureWeapons.esp
w44Satchels - Lite.esp
w44Satchels - Full.esp
LegendaryHunter.esp
TGsArmorCollectionVegas.esp
Companion Sandbox Mode3.esp
RobCo Certified Friendly Hit Fixer.esp

Total active plugins: 73
Total plugins: 80

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Consistent crashes at @ 30 minutes? You're probably running out of RAM and the game is crashing. You should be using the FNV4gb.exe

If you aren't, that should fix it.

If you are, use less mods.

Falcon24
Sep 9, 2004
It's been a long time since I've played modded New Vegas and I'm starting with a fresh install, so I figured I'd ask: is FNV4GB even needed anymore if you are using the latest ENB? My understanding from doing a lot of Skyrim modding is that newer ENBs, including the NV ones, come packaged with memory fixes that function similarly to how FNV4GB operates. Is this correct or do I still need to run both?

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Ok I'm having near constant crashes, every 30 minutes or so, after shuffling some things around so I'm hoping you fine gentlemen can take a look and tell me what might be wrong.

code:
FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
CaravanPack.esm
Military Explansion Program.esm
CompanionInfAmmo.esm
DFB - Random Encounters.esm
IWS-Core.esm
Project Nevada - Core.esm
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
NVInteriors_Core.esm
NVInteriors_ComboEdition.esm
FCOMaster.esm
More Perks.esm
More Perks for Honest Hearts.esm
More Perks for Dead Money.esm
SCAV.esm
D.E.I.M.O.S..esm
Companion Core.esm
RobCo Certified.esm
SomeguySeries.esm
SimpleStreetLights.esp
SimpleStreetLights (Extra Lights).esp
CompanionInfAmmoOptional.esp
CompanionInfAmmoCheat.esp
Western Sky.esp
Western Sky - Darker Nights.esp
FalloutNV_lang.esp
UHNV.esp
UHNV-Dead Money.esp
UHNV-Honest Hearts.esp
UHNV-OWB.esp
UHNV-Lonesome Road.esp
UHNV-Brighter Lighting.esp
UHNV-More Mannequins.esp
Vurt's WFO.esp
IWS-Core-Guards.esp
IWS-Core-Patrols.esp
IWS-Core-Civilians.esp
IWS-DM.esp
IWS-HH.esp
IWS-OWB.esp
IWS-LR.esp
NVCE Main.esp
NVCE Main - Companions.esp
NVCE DLC01.esp
NVCE DLC02.esp
NVCE DLC03.esp
NVCE DLC04.esp
MojaveExtended100.esp
FCO.esp
FCO - OnHolyServiceBound NPC's.esp
PerkEveryLevel.esp
More Perks Update.esp
More Perks for Honest Hearts Update.esp
More Perks for Dead Money Update.esp
Tailor Maid - NV.esp
SignatureArmor.esp
SignatureWeapons.esp
w44Satchels - Lite.esp
w44Satchels - Full.esp
LegendaryHunter.esp
TGsArmorCollectionVegas.esp
Companion Sandbox Mode3.esp
RobCo Certified Friendly Hit Fixer.esp

Total active plugins: 73
Total plugins: 80

Use only one SimpleStreetLights. I don't think that's the source of your crashes but you either use SSL or SSL Extra Lights, not both.

Also, you are using w44satchels, both Lite and Full. No idea what that mod does but I suspect that you shouldn't be using both.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Huh I never noticed before. Satchels is just a way to pretty up your character.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
I think 90% of the time I've had a crash due to my load order it's been that I accidently enabled two different versions of the same mod (usually it's Nevada Skies 'basic' and 'all DLCs').

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!
Anyone got a clue as to why pants would disappear indoors? They were just fine until I updated my ENB.

E:

It's not just outside, either:

Move the camera a tiny amount:

E 2:

Just tried the latest 249 ENB by itself, works fine but looks like poo poo, reinstalled Enhanced Shaders, looks good, but pants flicker. What.

Beeb fucked around with this message at 02:23 on May 17, 2014

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
No pants you say? Sounds like a feature! :dance:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I dunno what you're talking about, your Rayman mod is functioning just fine.

But actually, are the pants part of another mod or is it just a texture mod of some vanilla game armor? It might not be the pants causing the problem if it's just a retexture.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!
It's part of the Spice of Life pack. I just swapped pants out of an armor set in the mod, and it used to work just fine.

E:

Just tried a non-altered armor and poo poo is fine. What the hell?

Also it happens with ENB turned off. Outside panning the camera up will cause the pants to disappear, then they reappear if I keep panning up. Indoors they're constantly gone.

Seems a few armors from the mod don't like my enbseries.ini. Weird. Sometimes the torso will disappear entirely as well, leaving only buttons visible.

Beeb fucked around with this message at 07:28 on May 17, 2014

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Has anyone used Gtab's ammo/reloading mod recently (as in since all the DLC came out)? From looking at it in FNVEdit it looks like it might be a bit iffy alongside the new ammos and recipes in HH and GRA. However, I really, really want a recipe for 9mm P+ and 5mm AP.

e: actually no I just missed the entries in there. It does cover the DLC ammo + if I'd looked at the header I'd have seen it takes GRA and HH as masters.

Seashell Salesman fucked around with this message at 04:19 on May 17, 2014

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

SpookyLizard posted:

Consistent crashes at @ 30 minutes? You're probably running out of RAM and the game is crashing. You should be using the FNV4gb.exe

If you aren't, that should fix it.

If you are, use less mods.

This has totally fixed it, thankyou!

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:
What are some good, goon-recommended quest mods?

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I'm having a ton of fun with the Bounty Hunter 1 and 2 questlines. Although the author has an unhealthy fixation on cannibalism.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
He goes through the litany of sins to make them all scum, yeah.

the OP also has some other good quest suggestions aside from NVB I/II. I've heard good things about most everything in that list.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
I've been asked to convert and animate a weapon for NVBIII so that's coming down the pipe at some point too, I suppose. I have no other details other than that though.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Hey, dumb question but is there an equivalent of the Skyrim memory hack implemented for FONV yet, either through NVSE or otherwise? I remember it being mentioned that it could be back-ported to the previous games from Skyrim, but I'm curious if it's yet available.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
FNV4GB what you're looking for?

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Poison Mushroom posted:

I think he's talking about the other memory hack involving SKSE:
http://enbdev.com/ctdfix.html

I don't know the answer, though, and am curious myself.

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.

Naky posted:

I've been asked to convert and animate a weapon for NVBIII so that's coming down the pipe at some point too, I suppose. I have no other details other than that though.

When did you get asked this? last thing I heard from the guy who did NV bounties he'd sworn off modding New Vegas forever and that was awhile ago to boot.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Meatwave posted:

What are some good, goon-recommended quest mods?

All the someguy series ones are good: NVBI & II, Russell, The Inheritance.

Tales From the Burning Sands is really, really good. After playing it you may feel less impressed by both the official and modded quests.

The New Bison Steve is just okay. It's nice to see some life put back into Primm, and the way the quests are integrated with the vanilla ones is really cool, but overall not much to it.

King Doom posted:

When did you get asked this? last thing I heard from the guy who did NV bounties he'd sworn off modding New Vegas forever and that was awhile ago to boot.

He's back now. Even been responding to bug reports and whatnot on his Nexus Mods feedback threads.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Don't play DEIMOS. It's an unfun slog through the same four or five rooms, punctuated with shallow fetch quests through a heavily irradiated outside area.

It's got some neat ideas (the time travel stuff is interesting) and a cool concept for a quest mod, but is otherwise too long and dull.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Poison Mushroom posted:

No, it's called SSME and was rolled into SKSE's alpha version of 1.7.0. It doesn't do what LAA does.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

King Doom posted:

Like two days ago, heh. The weapon in question will be an 1851 navy colt IIRC.

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009
Any particular reason the FOMM can't call out to BOSS? The skyrim one at least gave me an idea whats up, and boss worked to fix my issues there, but it just crashes when I try to run the fallout one and use the update command.

Maybe I boned something up, it seems like skyrim was much easier to drop mods into without worrying about overwriting meshes and so on.

e; I should clarify I used the fix in the OP, there just isn't a master list to pull from?

Synnr fucked around with this message at 01:46 on May 19, 2014

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS

Synnr posted:

Any particular reason the FOMM can't call out to BOSS? The skyrim one at least gave me an idea whats up, and boss worked to fix my issues there, but it just crashes when I try to run the fallout one and use the update command.

Maybe I boned something up, it seems like skyrim was much easier to drop mods into without worrying about overwriting meshes and so on.

I don't know I feel a little like that also. Maybe I'm just a tech noob though.

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

BOSS recently (within the last few months) became LOOT: http://loot.github.io/. I know, it threw me for a loop when I decided to reinstall yesterday.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I haven't played this in about a year now and I'm curious if there have been any improvements to character and NPC appearance since then? Or do they still all look like they've got jaundice?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Unfortunately Gamebryo is still totally incapable of making realistic human beings. Just pretend the radiation got to them.

There ARE mods out there that change the faces to look better but I don't use 'em so I can't link 'em, sorry!

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

All the citrus fruit plants are dead, so everyone has scurvy.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

CJacobs posted:

Unfortunately Gamebryo is still totally incapable of making realistic human beings. Just pretend the radiation got to them.

There ARE mods out there that change the faces to look better but I don't use 'em so I can't link 'em, sorry!

I think I've got that saved someplace. Ok let's see if I can install this and just some bare bones mods.

haha yeah I'll play for 5 minutes, realise something isn't exactly right and I'll end up with 200+ mods installed

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I haven't played this in about a year now and I'm curious if there have been any improvements to character and NPC appearance since then? Or do they still all look like they've got jaundice?

Yeah, there's been a few mods lately that really focus on improving the heads and faces of NPCs and characters. This guy in particular is working hard on redoing heads and faces of both regular humans, ghouls, lobotomites, etc. This guy is also working on achieving the same sort of thing.

edit: I linked their profiles so you could check out their images and released files.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!
Speaking of textures and poo poo, was there anything that improved how ammo containers look? My shelves need to be pretty, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Capn Beeb posted:

Speaking of textures and poo poo, was there anything that improved how ammo containers look? My shelves need to be pretty, too.

Beyond the faux "HD" of upscaling and applying a sharpen filter or whatever lovely "HD" mods do, none that I'm aware of. Which is a goddamned shame because the ammo boxes are ugly as gently caress. Especially that terrible, terrible 556 magazine they use as its ammo 'box'. I've known of a few people who was in the process of redoing them but I don't think any of them actually finished the project.