Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Giving me heart palpitations here. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style
Fairly sure that's John Paul Green the series production designer. Keep meaning to call him up for an interview.

Outside Dawg
Feb 24, 2013
Jeremy Clarkson, the greatest troller..

...In The World.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Clarkson signs deal through 2018 with the BBC

So much for the racism problem.

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011
Half a billion a year makes a lot of problems go away.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
Half a billion? Umm, wouldn't that make Clarkson one of the most well payed people in the world? Very few CEOs make even 100 million a year.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

mod sassinator posted:

Half a billion? Umm, wouldn't that make Clarkson one of the most well payed people in the world? Very few CEOs make even 100 million a year.

FTA: “Top Gear” is one of the broadcaster's biggest earners, screened in more than 100 countries, making the BBC more than $500 million a year.

He's not getting 500 mil.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

He's getting $20 million, though. That's pretty good for 3 more years of Top Gear.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
Countdown to articles of rage from The Guardian, The Telegraph and The Mirror.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

When does the next series begin?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I expect some jokes involving barely-bleeped racial slurs by Clarkson who then is handed 20-million-pound cheques from offstage.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Killing Nazi Zombies since June 14 1775

For that we'll need our team racing driver..... some say that if he hollers you should let him go. ......

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

djdanno13 posted:

For that we'll need our team racing driver..... some say that if he hollers you should let him go. ......

*tame

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
They should poke fun at the recent controversy and have a black stig. They could claim the BBC standards mandated they not discriminate against any race or ethnicity.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Well poo poo, Daily Mail is gonna dig up how they replaced the black Stig with a white one in the first place.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

djdanno13 posted:

Some say he leans slightly, as if standing on some sort of...incline

Knobjockey
Jul 21, 2003

Crush your enemies.
Bang! and the alien is gone.
Hear the lamentation of Dr. Vahlen.

Ineptus Mechanicus posted:

Some say he leans slightly, as if standing on some sort of...incline

Like a bit of a cant?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Knobjockey posted:

Like a bit of a cant?

More like camber, but if you want to call him a cant...

Knobjockey
Jul 21, 2003

Crush your enemies.
Bang! and the alien is gone.
Hear the lamentation of Dr. Vahlen.

meatpimp posted:

More like camber, but if you want to call him a cant...

All the sines are there.

I can't do it, I'm ashamed. loving angle puns.:smithicide:

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Watching Season 4 Episode 1.

I know it's a car show but it's kind of dumb to be all triumphal about the car winning when you made them walk to the train station. If they could have a taxi or start at the station, it's game over for the Aston Martin.

Also they were cheating with the Apache. Of course you evaded the hellfire lock, they're not meant to be fired from that close up or with the helicopter darting around.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Ok, cool.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

skooma512 posted:

Also they were cheating with the Apache. Of course you evaded the hellfire lock, they're not meant to be fired from that close up or with the helicopter darting around.

They mentioned that in the episode. Something about how it would have gotten a lock easily from a distance but for close up they would have used the cannon.

About the epic races: they admittedly try to set the routes to make the race as close as possible but they don't use taxis because then they're just racing one car against another on roads with speed limits. The whole point is to contrast the slower top speed of the car against the inflexibility of public transit.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I guess there was a new episode of top gear usa tonight. Judging by this beehive of activity, everybody watched it?

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Powershift posted:

I guess there was a new episode of top gear usa tonight. Judging by this beehive of activity, everybody watched it?
I saw it. Had some good moments and good cars. And Rutledge almost had a spectacular wreck.

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

Fun warning for those of you with a DirecTV DVR and both TGUS and TGUK recordings...

DirecTV currently has a bug with some types of recordings (called internet start or some poo poo) where whenever you stop watching the show, it gets deleted automatically a second or two later. Top Gear US is one of these shows. So after watching tonight's show, with the Top Gear US episode highlighted, I hit the red delete button twice... but as I was doing that, it deleted itself, and my Top Gear UK folder moved into its position!

Guess which company's DVRs don't have a "recover deleted shows" option. Go on, guess.

:suicide:

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Presto posted:

I saw it. Had some good moments and good cars. And Rutledge almost had a spectacular wreck.
The whole drive drag car blindfolded in a small area also seemed like a spectacularly bad idea.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

Jeremey Clarkson was finally able to drive the 918 Spyder around the top gear track, delivered by:

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Alighieri posted:

Jeremey Clarkson was finally able to drive the 918 Spyder around the top gear track, delivered by:

I love Mark Webber.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
New top gear us was pretty good. Off road vehicles near the grand canyon. Ended kind of abruptly though.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Cojawfee posted:

New top gear us was pretty good. Off road vehicles near the grand canyon. Ended kind of abruptly though.

Yes but where IS the pilot taking them?

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
Iraq/Afghanistan, a la UK top gear? Though that's pretty huge budget for the history channel.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

Iraq/Afghanistan, a la UK top gear? Though that's pretty huge budget for the history channel.

Hah no way not with what is going on in the Middle East right now.

Probably either middle of nowhere Canada or Central America/Mexico. Even Mexico is kinda doubtful.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

pik_d posted:

Yes but where IS the pilot taking them?
It'd be a hell of a transition for a US/UK crossover episode.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

japtor posted:

It'd be a hell of a transition for a US/UK crossover episode.

The UK guys would murder them out of sheer annoyance.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Kenshin posted:

The UK guys would murder them out of sheer annoyance.

Yep, let's do it. Adam and Jeremy in the same room would be worth any terrible thing they could do. It'd be glorious.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

cool kids inc. posted:

Yep, let's do it. Adam and Jeremy in the same room would be worth any terrible thing they could do. It'd be glorious.

True. I was actually more worried about Rutledge and Jeremy, to be honest.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

cool kids inc. posted:

Force them to team up in pairs. Although "POWWWWERRRR" combined with Adam's driving would probably kill those two.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Rutledge and May geeking out on minutia would be glorious.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
Meanwhile they'll give Hammond and Faust a height based challenge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
All three of those pairings would be gold.