Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Beautiful Ninja posted:

Does this mean that Kurt Angle is Call of Duty?

John Cena

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Call of Duty really is the perfect John Cena metaphor.

It was something that started out with all the potential in the world but never really went anywhere because it was in an ocean of identical products with no personality of it's own. Then one day it discovered something magical, something that broke the mold and rocketed it to a level that nobody even believed was possible. Everybody loved it, they paid unprecidented money to get it, and demanded more. Everyone was sure nobody could ever get tired of it.

But they did. Despite the fact that they kept getting the thing that they loved, it eventually became clear to fans that they didn't want that thing every single day forever. So they started to complain about it, talk about how despite the fact that it remained an excellent product, perhaps even the best product, it was stale. Innovation was what had made the product, but once the product was king innovation had died in favor of a financial sure-thing. The rehashing began, the same product kept coming to market over and over again with a coat of paint to disguise it's sameness, and worst of all everyone else in the industry put all their efforts into attempting to duplicate that product.

It was so good for so long that it literally ruined everything, and those who recognized that fact raised their voices louder and louder until what was once universally beloved became the most polarizing subject. It became a symbol around which every pundit and every opinion was able to rally, citing it as an example of everything right AND everything wrong with their industry.

But at the end of the day, the simple fact is that no matter how loud the complaints about the product get, people keep buying it.

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

Sanguinia posted:

It was something that started out with all the potential in the world but never really went anywhere because it was in an ocean of identical products with no personality of it's own. Then one day it discovered something magical, something that broke the mold and rocketed it to a level that nobody even believed was possible. Everybody loved it, they paid unprecidented money to get it, and demanded more. Everyone was sure nobody could ever get tired of it.

But they did. Despite the fact that they kept getting the thing that they loved, it eventually became clear to fans that they didn't want that thing every single day forever. So they started to complain about it, talk about how despite the fact that it remained an excellent product, perhaps even the best product, it was stale. Innovation was what had made the product, but once the product was king innovation had died in favor of a financial sure-thing. The rehashing began, the same product kept coming to market over and over again with a coat of paint to disguise it's sameness, and worst of all everyone else in the industry put all their efforts into attempting to duplicate that product.

It was so good for so long that it literally ruined everything, and those who recognized that fact raised their voices louder and louder until what was once universally beloved became the most polarizing subject. It became a symbol around which every pundit and every opinion was able to rally, citing it as an example of everything right AND everything wrong with their industry.

But at the end of the day, the simple fact is that no matter how loud the complaints about the product get, people keep buying it.

WRESTLERS ON TWITTER.

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

Adam Rose is awesome and I cannot wait to see the London crowds reaction to him.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Why would there be a big party coming, if it's already party time (because party time is all the time)? Step up, Rose!

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Shima Honnou posted:

Why would there be a big party coming, if it's already party time (because party time is all the time)? Step up, Rose!

Obviously the party is all the time, but not everywhere.

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...

Sanguinia posted:

"It was so good for so long"

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!

Sir Jebus posted:

Adam Rose is awesome and I cannot wait to see the London crowds reaction to him.
Imagine how much better the Adam Rose character would be if it was played by someone who didn't give a gently caress.

Oh wait, that's Chris Jericho's character.

fuzzy_logic
May 2, 2009

unfortunately hideous and irreverislbe

My favorite thing about Adam Rose so far was WWE sending a guy out to the bus to interview him and watching him act terrified in the middle of the party peopl eand try to hold Rose's five-second attention span long enough to get him to answer some questions.

"So what exactly is your problem with Zeb Coulter?"

"I don't have a problem with Zebby, I love Zebby he just - LOOK BUNNIES!"

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

AMReese posted:

Imagine how much better the Adam Rose character would be if it was played by someone who didn't give a gently caress.

Oh wait, that's Chris Jericho's character.

Jericho with a nonstop party bus would've been legitimately amazing.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

sticklefifer posted:

Jericho with a nonstop party bus would've been legitimately amazing.
His WCW character was one step away from that, anyways.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

AMReese posted:

His WCW character was one step away from that, anyways.

Was that when he was with Ralphus, or when he came out to Sports Highlights #7?

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Golden Bee posted:

Was that when he was with Ralphus, or when he came out to Sports Highlights #7?

Whichever one where he was lost backstage, ala Spinal Tap

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

quote:

‏@WWEBigE 4m
Surely, we can go a few steps further... “@5CornersxSmootx: .@TableofJapan @Shroommeister #RAW

I love how self aware Big E can be.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

achillesforever6 posted:

I love how self aware Big E can be.
You'd have to be stupid not to know how silly it is to look at a monitor like that. I'm just curious how WWE feels about it when they announce it like that.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

quote:

Daniel Bryan ‏@WWEDanielBryan 2m
Big birthday wishes to my amazing husband!! http://fb.me/2JYXyGjIf

Hmmmmm...

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

What?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

The joke is it's Daniel Bryan calling Brie his husband.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Shima Honnou posted:

Well you remember the Jerry Springer segment correct?

Excuse me I have to go FORGET the Jerry Springer segment again.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Are you trying to tell me that the guy who says he isn't a big fan of technology has his wife run his twitter account?!

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
I think he probably has it setup to automatically tweet facebook updates

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Brie posted that on Facebook and Bryan apparently hit the share to Twitter thing, which just shares the post without any type of explanation.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Daniel Bryan is a woman. Brie Bryan is a man. That's the only explanation.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Shima Honnou posted:

Beard confirmed.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Evil Badman posted:

Beard confirmed.

"Respect the Beard"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Angular Landbury posted:

"Respect the Beard"

I'm sure he treats Brie like a lady.

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

RvD retweeted a photo of him posing with a fan

(rehosted because the original image was bugfuck huge)

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

So a kinda chubby kid had his picture taken with RVD?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

nasboat posted:

So a kinda chubby kid had his picture taken with RVD?

No that's RVD.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Looks like a younger fatter mark Cuban

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

Sex Robot posted:

RvD retweeted a photo of him posing with a fan

(rehosted because the original image was bugfuck huge)

that chin

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Sargent Slaughter's kid is looking kinda chubby these days.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Seth has had enough

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Well Seth I said you couldn't make one tweet in a row without hocking a lovely energy drink and you have proved me wrong.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

AMReese posted:

Seth has had enough

You would think teaching people where the block button is would be part of Social Media 101.

(they have this, Chris Jericho talked about Vince making everyone go through it a few years ago and they made him go even though he had 1.5 million followers or something)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Luigi Thirty posted:

You would think teaching people where the block button is would be part of Social Media 101.

(they have this, Chris Jericho talked about Vince making everyone go through it a few years ago and they made him go even though he had 1.5 million followers or something)

I'm pretty sure they changed how blocking works so it would no longer help in this situation.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Yeah, blocking now only stops you from seeing when someone mentions you or directly replies to you. They can still see your profile, message you (you don't get the notification, but the message is there), if other people mention both of you in a tweet then you do get the notification, etc, etc.

It's got to be really lovely to be anyone with more than a few hundred followers.

sunsweet
Nov 13, 2012

"Lana look," Rusev pointed out to the screen, "Pinkie Pie just scared Twilight Sparkle shitless! I love America and shit they put on TV!"

Hah hah wow go gently caress yourself. This is the "Wrestlers on Twitter" thread, not the "Sex Robot shows off the fact that he's a piece of poo poo" thread.

Dixie Carter's first tweet:

Those were such promising times, weren't they?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

sunsweet posted:

Those were such promising times, weren't they?

They spent the last of the 2010 budget getting the champagne and donuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

TNA Catering earlier that morning:

"Say, what's an appropriate food or drink we could use to celebrate Hogan's signing?"
" I don't know... champagne?"
"For 2009 Hulk Hogan? You sure that's not overdoing it a little?"
"Well, you got a better idea? We can't just walk in there with a box of donuts."
"...champagne AND donuts? Just call it right down the middle?"
"gently caress it, close enough."