Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

ForeverSmug posted:

To paraphrase RLM, Smokescreen and Bumblebee should have been combined into one character. Named Bumblebee.

Bumblescreen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I opened Swerve and Cosmos today and Swerve is just great. Simple, sure, but loads of character. I do wish he came with My First Blaster instead of Flanker, though.

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat
Anybody want an Optimus Prime that turns into an ornament ink pen?

Honestly, that bot mode is pretty rad.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
As someone on TFW pointed out, that was a missed opportunity for Rung.

Edit: Also is it just me or is that a really ladylike Prime?

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Rita Repulsa posted:

I still contend that Bee was a good character, but he could have been loving fantastic if he spoke. He was one of the best parts of the final movie.

Still there's only character development a mute character can have, and that was VERY bad for a main selling point character like bee, especially for a long-form series instead of a mascot character for the movie.

I still think Bumblebee would have been better in the films as a sort of compact car, though. Something small and at first glance not very intimating or impressive. It'd go back a bit to him being a little VW. The idea of Bumblebee sort of existing as much larger than the smaller Transformers, but also much smaller than most his vehicular counterparts could have lent itself to him being like a Bruce Lee of the Autobots: Fast, smaller, agile and able to pull off things akin to human martial arts moves and attacks that technically more powerful and larger Transformers couldn't.

I honestly think the 'talk through recordings' thing that Bee did in the films would have, on the other hand been maybe a better gimmick for them to save for Soundwave if they were electing to ever really feature him heavily in a movie and not use his cool "electronic voice" effect -- but that's too awesome to get rid of.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Lepecard posted:

Yes. Like a motherfucker.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Lepecard posted:

Oh poo poo Rung is finally getting a figure!

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

An Angry Bug posted:

Ladylike in the sense he has big hips?

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
If I were rich.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251518238791

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Endless Mike posted:

I opened Swerve and Cosmos today and Swerve is just great. Simple, sure, but loads of character. I do wish he came with My First Blaster instead of Flanker, though.
I dropped the coin on the third-party My First Blaster, it was totally worth it.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Never spend that much money for a black repaint.

Never sped that much money for a black repaint that could easily be done in Generations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

An Angry Bug posted:

Gundamus Prime

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Captain Invictus posted:

Gundamus Prime

Those Tomino ball bearing hips.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:

What is it with malaysian sellers and their stupidly high prices anyway.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Man, Evasion Prime is really, really good. I can't stop transforming him.

If you're waiting on the two-pack, you can keep waiting; I just didn't like all the chrome and I'm not sure I want that Grimlock. But this is really nice figure.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Lepecard posted:

what's that trailer thing on the other page?

Also I had a robot that changed into a pen when I was a kid, the feet each had a pen tip and you could choose between inks by which foot was down more. It was kind of cool, but it dried up fast.

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat

Anora posted:

what's that trailer thing on the other page?

I THINK that might be a picture of the upcoming candy toys.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

^^ Yep, it's Kabaya Star Convoy

I finally got the first three movie Dinobots. I really like voyager Grimlock more than I thought I would, his fat-bodied tyrannosaurus mode doesn't look nearly as bad in person as I was expecting, and his biting jaw actually manages to do the rare thing of being a play feature that doesn't detract from anything. He sure makes WfC Grimlock seem a lot worse.

I'm the most disappointed in Slug, his triceratops mode is decent enough (though I need to take a x-acto knife to those stupid chin horns and tail spikes), but his robot mode suffers from the same problem as the Beast Wars triceratops mold, where there's so much junk around his shoulders it all bumps into each other. I'm also kind of conflicted over his and Scorn's heads, I'm really glad they're not the usual movie clump of shards, but they went a little too far in the other direction for me, they're both just so plain. Looking ahead I'm glad to see the upcoming dinos have more variation.

Knormal fucked around with this message at 08:27 on May 19, 2014

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
I think Scorn and Slug's heads will look better once the full group of seven is all standing together and the knight aesthetic is plainly on display.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Oh hey, news of a 3rd party Cyclonus, voyager sized apparently, based of the engineering of the Jizai Garage Kit. That sounds neat, I wonder who is making it

Oh joy, KFC...

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

The movie Dinobot heads are probably the only good movie heads we've ever had.

My biggest problem with Slug is those clips on the back of his legs that plug into his backplate in beast mode- if anything moves at all, that plate pops right back off.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

People seem to like Citizen Stack, so maybe there is hope for their Cyclonus.

Speaking of him, anyone own Mania King? Interested to hear opinions on him.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Xenomrph posted:

I dropped the coin on the third-party My First Blaster, it was totally worth it.
I want to, but it says it's not designed for regular TF hands to hold.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

therealjon_ posted:

A lot of people don't like him, but I do. He has gorilla arms which a lot of people hate, but for the poses I put him in, they work. He's not a bad toy, he's just not worth the $115 price tag. If he goes on sale, then he'd probably be worth it.

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.
Deluxe Crosshairs seems pretty well built for the most part but I feel like I'm gonna break High Octane Bumblebee whenever I transform him. Plus I like the vehicle mode paint jobs and I'd hate to get them all scratched up fiddling with getting the parts to snap together.

Is online the only way so far to get wave 2 figures?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Endless Mike posted:

I want to, but it says it's not designed for regular TF hands to hold.
I seem to recall seeing video reviews with as Swerve holding it so I dunno. :confused:

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

therealjon_ posted:

I went into the citizen stack thread on tfw some days ago and there was a huge slapfight about a second version or something. Maybe the first issue had some QC issues? I admit I mostly scrolled through the whole thing because for all the talk about "gently caress you hasblo, thank god for 3rd paties saving this hobby! :smuggo:" that goes in the fandom, the 3rd party subforum has gotta be the whiniest, most childish subsection of that forum.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

I love how third party chat is consistently "this toy is better than anything hasblow would make" and "you better be careful and not transform it very often because it'll break in half if you look at it wrong" and those two ideas never ever meet.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Xenomrph posted:

I seem to recall seeing video reviews with as Swerve holding it so I dunno. :confused:

The third party Swerve by the same guys looks 90% like the Hasbro one in robot form.

Both the gun and the Swerve (Trash-Talk) are really good quality. Mine are, anyway. Came with a Gears (Cogwheel) so yay Gears?

Swerve and Tailgate should be a team,
Like Skids and Mudflap from the second Bay movie, only not, you know, moronic racist caricatures.

Tailgate wasn't part of the war at all, he's pretty innocent and close to G1 Bumblebee in idealism and underdog-ness. Swerve is basically Hawkeye from M.A.S.H. Lots of good kid-interest hooks there to distract from a more serious main plot.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Cyclonus and Tailgate should be a team,
You monster.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

The third party Swerve by the same guys looks 90% like the Hasbro one in robot form.

Both the gun and the Swerve (Trash-Talk) are really good quality. Mine are, anyway. Came with a Gears (Cogwheel) so yay Gears?

Swerve and Tailgate should be a team,
Like Skids and Mudflap from the second Bay movie, only not, you know, moronic racist caricatures.

Tailgate wasn't part of the war at all, he's pretty innocent and close to G1 Bumblebee in idealism and underdog-ness. Swerve is basically Hawkeye from M.A.S.H. Lots of good kid-interest hooks there to distract from a more serious main plot.

The Tom Paris and Harry Kim of the Transformers world.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

At a 30th Anniversary celebration event in Japan, Takara-Tomy stated that more Destron Masterpieces are finally on the way. Plenty of time for everyone to argue over whether they should do Megatron, Shockwave or Galvatron first.

And then it'll turn out to be Ramjet, Dirge and Thrust versions of MP-11 and that's it.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Keldroc posted:

At a 30th Anniversary celebration event in Japan, Takara-Tomy stated that more Destron Masterpieces are finally on the way. Plenty of time for everyone to argue over whether they should do Megatron, Shockwave or Galvatron first.

And then it'll turn out to be Ramjet, Dirge and Thrust versions of MP-11 and that's it.

Bravo leaving Skywarp off that list, what a sad (and probably prescient) twist of the knife.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Reflector :getin:

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I want another Megatron. A good one this time.

Unknownone
Apr 23, 2003

Some stupid 04 bought me this
Shockwave, Galvatron, and Dirge are acceptable to me.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Tailgate has a Wii shoved into his chest. I can't unsee it from the toy.

Also I thought he was a girl up until later on in the comics. The Avatars have no bearing because whirl's is some one eyed girl.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Artum posted:

You monster.

Cyclonus can be the cool big bro who's pretty metal.:rock:

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Each sold separately.

Blackheart posted:

I want another Megatron. A good one this time.

This is what actually needs to happen. The MP-10 of Megatrons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

"I waited 18 years to do this!"