Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Part of Everything
Feb 1, 2005

He clenched his teeh and walked out of the study

What better way to flatter your teenage granddaughter than to announce to a few hundred people what a mistake she made? Oh but it's ok, she did the "right" thing (remember, there's only one right way to handle unexpected pregnancy! THOSE PEOPLE who make the "other" decision are evil!)

This lady is a narcissist who thinks she is the pinnacle of strength and righteousness, and everyone else is a broken little puppy who she must offer unsolicited life advice to. I hate it that my workplace wants is to have our co-workers on our friends list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Part of Everything posted:

I hate it that my workplace wants is to have our co-workers on our friends list.

What? Unless you work for Facebook or something, I'd tell them to gently caress right off. Not having coworkers on facebook is the second best thing, next to not having parents.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cZNPCdJujk

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Just saw an Onion article (the one about the McD janitor rant) posted. Cue 103 replies, mostly of bootstrappin' anecdotes. There's some reasonable people, but one of them especially has some awful opinions.

I understand what they had to go through was terrible, and it's great they made it out. However, they take their story as proof that you don't try hard enough if you are poor or ill equipped. Also, the economy will completely collapse with a increase in min wage, even after being linked to actual proof that it won't.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

I am going to go out on a limb here and guess that the person who posted this is straight, white and probably male as well.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Democratic gays and their demands for respect!

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Well, if I were a gay republican, I too would want to avoid any attention lest my fellow conservatives treated me like subhuman garbage.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet

If a Republican doesn't want an abortion...

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

If a Republican...
If a Republican...
If a Republican...

WHAT?! Sorry, I can't hear you over how big those "ifs" are!

EDIT:
Plus an extra measure of that "I have black friends" thing.

"If a Republican is homosexual (Not me, mind you. I'm not one of those damned heathen homos)"

Mezzanine has a new favorite as of 03:50 on May 19, 2014

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
I hit loving gold on a public Facebook group post talking about the friend zone. Should I still censor out names at all if I post it here?

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

JaggerMcDagger posted:

If a Republican doesn't want an abortion...

Also, I'm pretty sure a vast quantity of republicans support censoring television.

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!

Tracula posted:

I hit loving gold on a public Facebook group post talking about the friend zone. Should I still censor out names at all if I post it here?

If it's a public page then no real need :justpost:

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

GAINING WEIGHT... posted:

If it's a public page then no real need :justpost:

Enjoy

Mine is the top comment with probably about 300 likes as of me posting this. I say that the whole 'friend zone' thing is just guys wanting to exchange nice deeds for sex and holy hell has it started to snowball :stare:

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Tracula posted:

Enjoy

Mine is the top comment with probably about 300 likes as of me posting this. I say that the whole 'friend zone' thing is just guys wanting to exchange nice deeds for sex and holy hell has it started to snowball :stare:

Hahahaha. All those manchildren getting mad. This is the best thing.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Gaze in wonder at a log of an r/relationships post SO misogynistic that the guy was chased outta town and deleted his account!

Highlight: "I feel like utter poo poo. I'm going to be honest and say I have no idea why a guy like that is interested in my girlfriend and not out with a hot girl."

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

This one is absolutely incredible. A. I'm pretty sure "Teabagger" and "Birther" are self-assigned labels. B. The part at the end makes it seem like they agree that they're a racist, a terrorist, anti-american and a greedy capitalist. :allears:

Wait...reading it again, that seems like the only possible interpretation. :psyduck:

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Gaze in wonder at a log of an r/relationships post SO misogynistic that the guy was chased outta town and deleted his account!

Highlight: "I feel like utter poo poo. I'm going to be honest and say I have no idea why a guy like that is interested in my girlfriend and not out with a hot girl."

That's almost heartwarming in a weird sort of way. It's everything anyone could have hoped would happen for the girl short of her just leaving him.

edit:

In the thumbnail I thought it said "presenting documented farts". What font even is that?

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Wizard of Smart posted:

Hahahaha. All those manchildren getting mad. This is the best thing.

It's still going, my facebook as been bleeping at me for the past two hours straight basically and near 600 likes. Here's just a random comment.

I just can't help but wonder. Did I somehow touch the poop here or did I honeypot in a bunch of pathetic manchildren who are determined to be offended? :allears:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

trapped mouse posted:

This one is absolutely incredible. A. I'm pretty sure "Teabagger" and "Birther" are self-assigned labels. B. The part at the end makes it seem like they agree that they're a racist, a terrorist, anti-american and a greedy capitalist. :allears:

Wait...reading it again, that seems like the only possible interpretation. :psyduck:

'Birther' seems to be like 'Truther' only instead of crowing about how 911 was an inside job it's instead demanding Obama show his birth certificate because there's no way a darkie got E-lected that ain't from Nigeria REASONS.

It's doing that weird 'Oh I'm selfish because I won't give money to charities because I want to buy another car? Well I guess I'm selfish then!' thing. I honestly don't know how to describe it better than what's literally on the image. :sigh:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Youtube is usually way too easy, but this one is perfect.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Picnic Princess posted:

Wonderful. :allears: this page had been fantastic.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Can we please take a truncheon to anyone who uses the word "friendzone" without joking about it? Please? I'm still getting updates about that post I made and people debating what I had said. This is my actual post:

What the gently caress? This is a hot-button issue for people? :psyduck:

Tracula has a new favorite as of 10:56 on May 19, 2014

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Picnic Princess posted:

To be fair, Stromae's song "papaoutai" keeps it ambiguous and even implies his dad is still alive:

quote:

Elle dit qu'il n'est jamais très loin
Qu'il part très souvent travailler
Maman dit travailler c'est bien
Bien mieux qu'être mal accompagné
Pas vrai?

Or, loosely translated by me,

quote:

She says he's never far away
That he's often gone to work
Mom says working hard is good
A lot better than being badly married
Right?

But his "like a lot of black/half-black kids" is pretty drat salty regardless.

Deltasquid has a new favorite as of 11:10 on May 19, 2014

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

I'm loving how they don't even bother to mention a specific country, we're just supposed to naturally assume that foreign = evil unless the foreigners are children.

Nastyman has a new favorite as of 11:43 on May 19, 2014

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

He's a decent dudeI went to college with who was in the navy and mostly posts innocuous the military is awesome type stuff. Compared to some of the stuff I've seen in this thread I guess I should be thankful.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Nastyman posted:

I'm loving how they don't even bother to mention a specific country, we're just supposed to naturally assume that foreign = evil unless the foreigners are children.

It's Canada. The girl is forced against her will to have maple syrup on her pancakes every morning.

EDIT:

Deltasquid has a new favorite as of 12:46 on May 19, 2014

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Mr E posted:

Just saw an Onion article (the one about the McD janitor rant) posted. Cue 103 replies, mostly of bootstrappin' anecdotes. There's some reasonable people, but one of them especially has some awful opinions.

I understand what they had to go through was terrible, and it's great they made it out. However, they take their story as proof that you don't try hard enough if you are poor or ill equipped. Also, the economy will completely collapse with a increase in min wage, even after being linked to actual proof that it won't.

"Your situation is what you make of it, except don't make something of it which I don't approve of!" How is working for a better wage different from pulling yourself together in school? You're doing something to improve your situation, the only real difference being whether it benefits people other than yourself.

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

Nastyman posted:

It's Austrailia and something something Tony Abbot

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

This level of ignorance is unreal

karl fungus
May 6, 2011

Baeume sind auch Freunde

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

Wouldn't he start from a -50 because he believes in IQ?

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Minus 50 points per punctuation, spelling, or grammatical error in your post about IQ.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

But how do I earn points on this scale? I need to win the House Cup at the end of semester. Ravenclaw hasn't won in five hundred years :smith:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Well poo poo I'm reading the Illuminatus! Trilogy, that's 150 points down the drain.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Tracula posted:

Can we please take a truncheon to anyone who uses the word "friendzone" without joking about it? Please? I'm still getting updates about that post I made and people debating what I had said. This is my actual post:

What the gently caress? This is a hot-button issue for people? :psyduck:

I don't get it either. I was playing cards against humanity with a group of friends a couple months ago and one of the cards was about "The Friend zone" we all had a good laugh, until one woman asked what it meant. 90% of the room being women/aware human beings explained it.

She tried to tell us "No, that's a real thing!" :psyduck:

joylessdivision has a new favorite as of 15:41 on May 19, 2014

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Stupid windows phone app double posting.

joylessdivision has a new favorite as of 15:42 on May 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

Thunder rolled. It rolled a six.
"I actually have no idea whatsoever why people call me the things they do, so I'm going to make stuff up that I find reassuring."

• Locked thread