Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

There's still an awful lot of possible face puns that haven't been used, I'm looking forward to this LP continuing until they're all exhausted sometime in 2020 :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Bruceski posted:

That's clearly Waluigi in a green suit, not Luigi.

What is Waluigi if not darker, anime Luigi?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I think that last green star in the Bowser level is the only green star I got with Luigi. I simply could not get it with Mario.

But there's one green star in the next world that you can't bullshit whether your Mario or Luigi... the hardest green star in the whole drat game! :getin:

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

There's still an awful lot of possible face puns that haven't been used, I'm looking forward to this LP continuing until they're all exhausted sometime in 2020 :allears:
The word "face" has to replace "space" and no other rhyming word is acceptable.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

The word "face" has to replace "space" and no other rhyming word is acceptable.

Oh yeah, I completely forgot :doh:

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Diabeetus, consider this new paradigm. How about a pun in which you replace the word "face" with the word "space". Too radical?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Ariong posted:

Diabeetus, consider this new paradigm. How about a pun in which you replace the word "face" with the word "space". Too radical?
He was saving that for the final video and you ruined it, you dick.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

SystemLogoff posted:

I think we need a darker angry anime Luigi.

Weegee Laggann?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Alkydere posted:

Weegee Laggann?

Yep.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

I'm not sure what that is, but it's one of the most awesome things I've ever seen.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Bruceski posted:

Waluigi doesn't wear green, don't be silly.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

Ariong posted:

You mean something like this: John Woo directed a number of movies I like, one of them being Space-off.

You could always go with ones that really stretch it, like: I hated Crystal Skull, especially the end when the aliens teleport away. The Face between Faces, seriously?

Glaric
Oct 9, 2011

That's just sad.

Believe in the Wii that believes in U!

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

My Waaa will pierce the heavens!

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012

Bruceski posted:

Confirmed: medibot for new guest commentator.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

is Mario standing on Lubba

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Looks like an eggplant cannon.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I just realized that this LP is gonna end with video 42.

Look at the thread title.

ReturnOfFable
Oct 9, 2012

No tears, only dreams.

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I just realized that this LP is gonna end with video 42.

Look at the thread title.

All planned.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.
I'm one of those people that are extremely happy about the incredible bullshit about some of these stars.

I loving expect Kaizo poo poo Nintendo and boy did you deliver :allears:

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Araenna posted:

I'm not sure what that is, but it's one of the most awesome things I've ever seen.

It's a crossover between the Mario Bros. and this series. An anime that's short, sweet and SO loving AWESOME you will be hard pressed not to go out and do something AWESOME or right an INJUSTICE after watching it.

Seriously, they drive increasingly larger mechs driven by sheer willpower/MANLY SPIRIT.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Alkydere posted:

It's a crossover between the Mario Bros. and this series. An anime that's short, sweet and SO loving AWESOME you will be hard pressed not to go out and do something AWESOME or right an INJUSTICE after watching it.

Seriously, they drive increasingly larger mechs driven by sheer willpower/MANLY SPIRIT.

It's not without its problems (the usual anime hypersexualization of women and negative gay stereotypes) but it's a pretty drat fun for what it is :shobon:

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

It's not without its problems (the usual anime hypersexualization of women and negative gay stereotypes) but it's a pretty drat fun for what it is :shobon:

Well, yes of course but those are problems that are kinda understood to be there due to it being anime. It is still miles better than most anime and "giant robots literally powered by your morale" is an interesting idea that they have fun playing with and it doesn't overstay its welcome.

Basically Gurren Laggann is Japan's answer to Megas XLR.

Ada
Apr 22, 2014

Practice proper gun's safety.

It's kind of subversive, though. Like in episode 3 (or 4?) how the animation is just inexplicably lovely, or in the bikini episode how everyone weirdly lusts for Nia despite her being the most conservatively dressed (and how Yoko is actually wearing more than usual).

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

AdaShea posted:

It's kind of subversive, though. Like in episode 3 (or 4?) how the animation is just inexplicably lovely, or in the bikini episode how everyone weirdly lusts for Nia despite her being the most conservatively dressed (and how Yoko is actually wearing more than usual).

TTGL is actually surprisingly clever if you look behind the facade of manly men roaring manly things at each other while pentrating enemies with their drills.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
And that facade is pretty goddamn entertaining in-and-of itself, quite frankly. I haven't watched it in years but that last couple of episodes left quite the impression. I don't enjoy much anime, but TTGL is just too much fun.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Every thread eventually turns to anime. Or Dark Souls.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

This thread has turned hollow. They all turn hollow, eventually.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
It seems I never posted this in here. When working on my model viewer for this game, I accidentally hosed up the texturing code.

Steam boat

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Suspicious Dish posted:

It seems I never posted this in here. When working on my model viewer for this game, I accidentally hosed up the texturing code.

Steam boat

That looks pretty awesome.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Suspicious Dish posted:

Steam boat
Face Boat Mario

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Suspicious Dish posted:

Steam boat

That looks pretty kickass. Did you understand the mistake enough and have the desire to play around with any other textures?

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
Yep. I understood what I did wrong. What's interesting about it is that 90% of the Faceship is done with vertex colors, not with textures. In fact, if I disable textures entirely, I get:

Compared to with textures:

It's most noticeable in like the windows up top. None of that window up there is a texture, it's all vertex colors. Nintendo has drat good artists.

Here's a screencap from in-development, showing off all the textures used in the faceship, besides the ones scrolled off-screen. Any others you want to see? Or any other models in general?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Are the two different Luigi models still in SMG2 and if so, can we have a comparison and/or breakdown?

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Suspicious Dish posted:

Yep. I understood what I did wrong. What's interesting about it is that 90% of the Faceship is done with vertex colors, not with textures. In fact, if I disable textures entirely, I get:

Compared to with textures:

It's most noticeable in like the windows up top. None of that window up there is a texture, it's all vertex colors. Nintendo has drat good artists.

Here's a screencap from in-development, showing off all the textures used in the faceship, besides the ones scrolled off-screen. Any others you want to see? Or any other models in general?

Probably to keep texture sizes and load times down; the Wii's hardware is nothing to write home about so there's probably some value in saving space, especially where textures are involved.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

If you can trick the eye as an artist, you have succeeded. Hell, I wish I could find that huge effort post that goes into how Windwaker cheated with the gamecube hardware.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

SystemLogoff posted:

If you can trick the eye as an artist, you have succeeded. Hell, I wish I could find that huge effort post that goes into how Windwaker cheated with the gamecube hardware.

Nintendo's artists have a long history of really clever tricks and cheats like that; part of it is due to neccessity because Nintendo's consoles tend to not have stupid huge amounts of power and memory available to them but part of it is just the attitude.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

Neruz posted:

Nintendo's artists have a long history of really clever tricks and cheats like that; part of it is due to neccessity because Nintendo's consoles tend to not have stupid huge amounts of power and memory available to them but part of it is just the attitude.

The Gamecube had a lot of power for its time, actually.

DoctorWhat posted:

Are the two different Luigi models still in SMG2 and if so, can we have a comparison and/or breakdown?

Yes.

LuigiNPC.arc
Luigi.arc

Open in separate tabs and flip between them.

Azriel Odin
Jun 3, 2011

Somehow I knew this was gonna happen.
I can't help but wonder what "LuigiOnMarioParts" actually is. Besides a strange innuendo, but that's probably not it.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Suspicious Dish posted:

The Gamecube had a lot of power for its time, actually.

The secret that no one told anyone about that gen is that the Gamecube was actually nearly as powerful as the Xbox was, a lot of its hangups actually came from the low storage space that the miniDvDs it used to store games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Non-NPC Luigi seems to be a bit closer to Mario's proportions, maybe it had something to do with hitboxes or skeletal animation.

• Locked thread