Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Where do you get your news? From
a guy on a horse?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolling Scissors
Jul 22, 2005

Turn off the fountain dear, it's just me.
Nap Ghost

Stare-Out posted:

As a Finn, her accent is a strange blend of spot-on and way off, but she does a hell of a job anyway and this show is seriously getting better with each episode. Funniest show on TV right now.

She should've watched more Markorepairs videos to get the accent perfect.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Oh god, how did I immediately know what you're talking about even though I don't remember the dude's name?

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
im not sure i know exactly who you mean either but if i saw a dude doing some really scary poo poo with an electric coil on a stove in a filthy/scary apartment would it probably have been him?

i seem to recall he had an accent

Rolling Scissors
Jul 22, 2005

Nap Ghost

mobby_6kl posted:

Oh god, how did I immediately know what you're talking about even though I don't remember the dude's name?

I'm glad you know him, because that's a joke I made! Because wouldn't it be awful to get an accent like that to represent a prime minister of Finland, from an unemployed man who cannot speak English properly! Very funny! :)

Rolling Scissors
Jul 22, 2005

Nap Ghost

Fetus Tree posted:

im not sure i know exactly who you mean either but if i saw a dude doing some really scary poo poo with an electric coil on a stove in a filthy/scary apartment would it probably have been him?

No, you're mistaken. Markorepairs has the VCR collection, Masaokis is the dirty cook of meat that you're thinking of. No need to express regret from this error, the mistake is forgiven. Good night.

Off to gently caress some snow

Rolling Scissors fucked around with this message at 02:34 on May 14, 2014

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
:drat:

They certainly weren't shy about showing off Anna Chlumsky's pregnancy cleavage.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
hmm, i didn't even notice, and i consider myself to be a keen observer of boobs

Sagacity
May 2, 2003
Hopefully my epitaph will be funnier than my custom title.
They're hard to miss, though.

Edit: More on-topic, On The Media has a nice little interview with Armando Iannucci.

Sagacity fucked around with this message at 11:19 on May 15, 2014

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Oh Ray :allears: .

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

I love this show.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Good god, that final scene.

Kleptobot
Nov 6, 2009
Oh man, now I actually feel sorry for Dan.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
'Cancer of the soul'

I am binge watching West Wing at the moment, and it makes for a really weird experience.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Tiny child balls...

Cuban Chowder Factory
Jun 3, 2002
With the episode taking place in London and all, I was really hoping Malcolm Tucker would make a brief cameo. Either way, great episode...

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

Jonah and Dan in the hospital was great

SoFarGone
Nov 2, 2011
Living well is the best revenge.
Oh wow looks like the campaign team has been cut in two, like a disputed cat.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Gary getting saved from a question by Selena was great

hepscat
Jan 16, 2005

Avenging Nun
Good god, that hat.

Kristofenpheiffer
Sep 12, 2004
The Hemogoblin
That episode was amazing. Daniwah!

T.C.
Feb 10, 2004

Believe.

Cuban Chowder Factory posted:

With the episode taking place in London and all, I was really hoping Malcolm Tucker would make a brief cameo. Either way, great episode...

That really wouldn't work. While sometimes similar in theme, the tone of the two shows is different enough that Malcolm Tucker doesn't fit at all in my mind. I can't imagine a satisfying way you could use the character that wouldn't pull the viewer out if the show.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Ben Swain :allears:

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Who played the Deputy PM? He looks familiar but I can't quite place him.

wallabilla
Apr 5, 2011

Octy posted:

Who played the Deputy PM? He looks familiar but I can't quite place him.

It's Darren Boyd

You probably know him from British TV series like Spy, Whites, Green Wing or Dirk Gently.
He was also in Four Lions.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Wait what, they made a Dirk Gently show? Is it worth checking out?

Sakarja
Oct 19, 2003

"Our masters have not heard the people's voice for generations and it is much, much louder than they care to remember."

Capitalism is the problem. Anarchism is the answer. Join an anarchist union today!

Please, it's Giant Gaystacks.

That was a great episode. The hat was hysterical, as were Ray's changes to the speech. Meloni did a great job with that character.

Between Jonah, Ed/Chad from In the Loop and that Deputy PM I'm starting to think Armando Iannucci has it in for tall people. Maybe I'm five years late on that.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Diana speed!

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
I thought for sure Dan was going to assault Jonah again in the ER somehow but nope, he just got poo poo on hard. Great episode.

HERAK
Dec 1, 2004

Illinois Smith posted:

Wait what, they made a Dirk Gently show? Is it worth checking out?

The radio adaption by Dirk Maggs staring Harry Enfield is pretty good though. http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/dirkgently/about.shtml

Noirex
May 30, 2006

"What are you molesting coma patients?"

:lol: God I love Jonah insults.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
I almost feel like the entire plot of running up to Selena's run for POTUS is going to blow up due to 1/3 her general incompetence (not knowing the football/soccer thing was so hilariously awkward), 1/3 Dan and Amy sabotaging each other, and 1/3 sitting POTUS just throwing poo poo her way that completely destabilizes her campaign.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 23:21 on May 19, 2014

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Dan's got into hospital, and yet there were no NHS jokes. I'm a bit disappointed with that. On the other hand, fat demon children.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
I really liked the "Where is Gary?"

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Oh no they broke Dan :smith:

The final scene was definitely a highlight of an otherwise excellent episode. For all the talk about Dan being a dick, Amy just hosed Selina hard by leaking that story so I wouldn't be surprised if it comes back to bite her in the rear end later on.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Christopher Meloni needs his own comedy show. The man is beyond hilarious.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Abel Wingnut posted:

Christopher Meloni needs his own comedy show. The man is beyond hilarious.

seriously he is loving hilarious.

also the show is just so well written too, i laugh so hard at the concept of the personal trainer making corrections/suggestions to the speech writer

E: i just realized that anna chlumsky is way better looking than this show makes her out to be haha

Fetus Tree fucked around with this message at 01:13 on May 20, 2014

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

You'll be sad to know that Meloni's 2014 midseason sitcom, Surviving Jack, was cancelled during the up fronts. He was great in it, it was a fun little throwback show.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

It's a testament to how well the characters are written and performed because when Selina was told about the FLOTUS' suicide attempt, she went through this series of reactions and one of them made me think that she thought if that meant she could replace her now somehow. Reminded me of one of my favorite moments in S1 when POTUS has a heart attack scare and her reaction is this forced concern covering complete joy, it's amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

EL BROMANCE posted:

You'll be sad to know that Meloni's 2014 midseason sitcom, Surviving Jack, was cancelled during the up fronts. He was great in it, it was a fun little throwback show.
Fox cancels the good shows and poo poo like The Following gets 3 seasons.

• Locked thread