Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

Cao Ni Ma posted:

The game is asking me to get pebbled silk for one of the influence dailies but there is nothing with that name in the game. So many of our influence quests are hosed up with wrong translations rendering them almost impossible to finish.
Flipping through the text files real quick, get a tailor to try Fan Brocade. One of those weird fabrics for 3 coarse + 3 flax.

E: no i have no idea how that at all resembles Pebbled Silk but that's what the CN line reference half-translates as.

FebrezeNinja fucked around with this message at 14:46 on May 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
This happened to Haroshia the other day and me this morning since I had less space in my mailbox than I thought but

:siren: :frogsiren: HOLY poo poo IF YOUR MAIL BOX IS FULL DO NOT COMPLETE ANY OF YOUR FACTION DAILIES BECAUSE IF YOUR MAIL BOUNCES IT IS GONE FOR loving EVER JESUS CHRIST SNAILGAMES :frogsiren: :siren:

Luckily it was only 100 rep and 10 tokens but jesus loving christ why is this even a thing that happens :cripes:

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I should've guessed something like this would show up after they gutted kidnapping.

This game is so scummy sometimes. :smith:

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Hahaha I called this poo poo in guild chat 2 loving nights ago when me and Haroshia were discussing how hosed the economy is. Amazing.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

GreatestNerdEver posted:

Or just spend the 20L to complete it like Suzerah and I have been doing.
As an important note, do this before you turn anything in for it or else you're just wasting the stuff you're turning in. Unlike the chores/labor quests, you only get one reward for the entire procurement line.

Haquer posted:

Hahaha I called this poo poo in guild chat 2 loving nights ago when me and Haroshia were discussing how hosed the economy is. Amazing.
They don't even have Tempest Staff or something like that in it.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Kylra posted:

As an important note, do this before you turn anything in for it or else you're just wasting the stuff you're turning in. Unlike the chores/labor quests, you only get one reward for the entire procurement line.

Pfft who needs that when you can spend $150 minimum to get a Qin sword lore and sit around like Mutou and play it!

You, too, can feel like a pay2win!

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

FebrezeNinja posted:

Flipping through the text files real quick, get a tailor to try Fan Brocade. One of those weird fabrics for 3 coarse + 3 flax.

E: no i have no idea how that at all resembles Pebbled Silk but that's what the CN line reference half-translates as.

Where did you get these text files? It could help later on. Like right now people have trouble finding what the gently caress nutgrass and ant silk are as well.

I can only assume that the guy that was doing the first translation decided to be creative and the new one is being 100% literal.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I quite like that Qin sheath thing, just not $150 real life dollars like it.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

angerbot posted:

I quite like that Qin sheath thing, just not $150 real life dollars like it.

Yeah I misread the tiers and thought you could get it for buying 1D and those rewards + lore for $30 would certainly be enticing. Then I realized my error and laughed at $300 for rewards not even close to worth it.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

It's a resource extractor I downloaded off our wiki ages ago and in codepage-busted Chinese. I think It's called WushuRead.

Most of that group of task items looked to be simple or processed gathering stuff.

It's a mixed bag on that translation front. For a lot of old stuff like that brocade or most poisons they just translate the main noun and drop or transliterate the rest. Like Jile Drug was accidentally translated when a new quest wanted it as Bliss Drug or something. On the other hand Ant Silk is literal probably. Maybe grow silkworms?

I'll look again when I'm on this evening. Couldn't figure the task listing system earlier.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Kylra posted:

If it's like the beast villa multipart dailies then each stage complete lowers the completion cost.

Also dawg if you want some tempest staff just let me know.

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

I just know I'll be suckered into the 500 Liang purchase because of the rare jewel boxes.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

randombattle posted:

If it's like the beast villa multipart dailies then each stage complete lowers the completion cost.

Also dawg if you want some tempest staff just let me know.
I don't think it did for pomf, but I guess I'll check again.

HapiMerchant posted:

I just know I'll be suckered into the 500 Liang purchase because of the rare jewel boxes.
Just use the recovering strength thing if you have any. It's 10L per box in gold conversion.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

Other odd task items, lemme know if you need more.

Linen = Flax
Mottled Cotton = Mottled Muslin
Muslin = Solid Color Muslin
Fiber Cloth = Sisal Cloth
Pebbled Silk = Fan Brocade
Milkweed = Dogbane (aka Apocnyum Seed aka Kender plant.)
Ant Silk = Newly-Hatched Silk
Sand Silk = Lobworm Silk
Nut Grass = Water Chestnut
Olive = Osthmantus

Random note: holy hell there's 46 other kinds of silk that I don't think are in the game. Add "Silk" to each of these.
Castor, Mulberry, Sinica, Tussah, Chestnut, Ailanthus, Cloud, Cassava, Maple, Willow, Tallow, Sandalwood, Pine, Peach Blossom, Purple Potato, Lily, Cypress Silkworm, Scholartree, Laurel, Black, Oak, Lovesickness, Tung Oil, Fir, Nanmu, Elm, Poplar, Bell, Eucalyptus, Apricot, Linden, Catalpa, Smoke Tree, Birch, Tear, Light, Ice, Fire, Golden, Silver, Tiger, Noctilucent, Heaven, Jade, Amber, Bamboo, Black

vvv
Only ten, oddly. Rug, White, Red, Grass, Wooden, Long Stapled, Medium, Woolen, Cloud, and Colored Cotton.

FebrezeNinja fucked around with this message at 02:51 on May 31, 2014

funakupo
May 9, 2006

the ultimate longterm partner
Oven Wrangler
Oh we probably have that many cotton types, which of course are not used.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
what level do i have to be to apply to guild?

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Foehammer007 posted:

what level do i have to be to apply to guild?

You just have to pick w school or go run off to join the vagrants.

Question: what is the easiest way to get together groups to do SI? I wanna get emei 4th, and need to start collecting sheepskins anyways.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

For Emei just bug in school chat, there's usually someone. I might too.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
Applied for the Guild as Sayiko.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
I was just wondering - since kidnapping was basically the best way of earning money before, how the gently caress does money enter the economy? You have kidnapping hour and... what else?

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Enallyniv posted:

I was just wondering - since kidnapping was basically the best way of earning money before, how the gently caress does money enter the economy? You have kidnapping hour and... what else?

Some cards that you can earn and open nightly.

Oh and buying money straight from Snail, of course.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
Peach/Plum Blossom Island

[IMAGE HEAVY][56K GO HOME]

So the first thing I've been asked about by people who have no interest in joining is the masks. So I'll list the ones here that are relevant to those who can't join peach (and you can't get the masks anyway that aren't relevant to you, so):

And the one that EVERYONE wants to know about :

Note that those are bound on purchase. Crafting masks take these doodads:

The first one has a 100 available per day, the night owl only has 5. I think that's 5 for the entire faction so you can bet your rear end that people awake at reset (not me) will have that monopolized :(. No clue on how to actually craft the masks yet, since I need to be 3rd tier in the faction to make them it seems.

Peach array!

Peach Trees in Full Blossom is the escape skill. It takes 200 genius points (I get like 35 per day) to attain but you can buy it at tier 1. I should have it in a few days to test it out.

Snapping Fingers takes 4th tier, so you won't see anyone with it for a couple of months likely at least.

Also the gear vendors in the schools have the items needed to class 6 gold gear to add effects to your gear that also aid your skill set from the faction. No idea if schools get anything similar. Here's the page for it (it's not activated for a few more months yet for us, sorry)

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

Haquer posted:

Also the gear vendors in the schools have the items needed to class 6 gold gear to add effects to your gear that also aid your skill set from the faction. No idea if schools get anything similar. Here's the page for it (it's not activated for a few more months yet for us, sorry)

I think every school and faction has their own version of these.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
If anyone has a spare Herbal Grass recipe, could you pigeon it on over to Xibo? I think it's one of the most basic, but I can't get it to drop from factions or treasure chests. Need it for a daily.

e: Got it.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

TheRagamuffin posted:

I think every school and faction has their own version of these.

The beast villa gear has those effects on the normal gold gear that you can get now.

madmario
Mar 30, 2014

While you sleep,
your enemy practices.
Looking for Flying Cloud Dart, AKA Heaven Net Dart or Heaven Net Secret Dart, for an RE. I'm hoping someone might have some stuffed away somewhere. LMK, will pay well, ty.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Demon Soul-Chasing Blade is relatively cheap right now. What is it? Is it Yang-Hard External?

EDIT: The trick to Excursions: The VIP box from doing a faction 6 times is guarenteed to have a Excursion token. I don't know if this is all factions or just Renowned or higher ones, but the important thing is that while there is a chance of a token in the treasure boxes from getting A ranking, it's very low.

Ratoslov fucked around with this message at 21:57 on May 18, 2014

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

Ratoslov posted:

Demon Soul-Chasing Blade is relatively cheap right now. What is it? Is it Yang-Hard External?

Yin set, External damage.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

TheRagamuffin posted:

Yin set, External damage.

So it's crap.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Ratoslov posted:

EDIT: The trick to Excursions: The VIP box from doing a faction 6 times is guarenteed to have a Excursion token. I don't know if this is all factions or just Renowned or higher ones, but the important thing is that while there is a chance of a token in the treasure boxes from getting A ranking, it's very low.

I think it's faction numbers 25 and below. So everything except for tier 1, going by exploring jianghu rankings.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Ratoslov posted:

So it's crap.

It's basically vertigo dart with different effects. They're both Yin/External.

Also, I told this in guild chat but watching Erza whine last night because he thought he could join peach and be cleared out in a month or less while graduating and retaining everything and then moving into POMF and staying there and then whining and whining when he realized that it'll take 2 months at best to do this. I really hope he just betrays and leaves because he likes to use faction chat as a bitching ground when he invariably dies during script stealing or doing anything else. Big surprise there!

Also, I don't understand people who are joining secret factions and treating them like schools, meaning not being social at all and not joining in the group events which is just going to bite them in the rear end when the people that do those things are going to soar past them and get all the goodies sooner. :confused:

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

POMF event trip report:

Ok, we're starting to figure out our hardest event (at least we think it is, there's one more we haven't gotten 10 together to activate yet). So far we know it goes something like this:

You start out split between the front gate and the headquarters trying to prevent reinforcements.

Part 1: The reinforcement position
The enemy reinforcements run down the ramp to the exit point, and if they succeed it says the enemy gained morale. They spawn about 10 seconds of walking distance away from their exit, have probably around 100-200k hp each, and will not stop to fight you. Needless to say, we have not succeeded at this yet and have resolved to give this up in the future in favor of focusing on the front gate.

Part 1: The Front Gate
You have to kill off about 200 people, each of which has anywhere from 50-200k hp. They aren't too deadly though. After that is a boss which has probably around 500k-1m hp. If you don't kill this within a half-hour, something happens and you are skipped to the headquarters and past the first and second stages. Currently we do not know what happens if you kill this guy in the first half hour. There's a good chance we'll find out Tuesday.

Part 2: The traps
We also don't know how to do the second stage properly. There's something about turning off some mechanisms, kill another couple hundred people here who are tougher than the first group, and then another boss we have not even seen. We can barely kill the first boss in the first half-hour with 7 of us (about half the faction currently), and you can get around going through the traps if you go past the half hour mark.

Part 3: The Headquarters
You have to kill a bunch of people again. However, this time you also have to burn buildings down. There are bonfires on the lowest level of the compound which you get torches from. The trick here though is that you can't be in combat and pick up a torch. Also the torches last 20 seconds after you pick them up. Also the enemies take about 5 minutes to kill and respawn about 5 minutes after dying. And they have flying skills so you can't just jump into a nearby tree to drop aggro.

Then after you kill the 200 more people who are tougher than the previous group, and fight through their constant respawns, and then somehow manage to burn their buildings with your torches that last 20 seconds (which you need about 10s to reach one of the buildings with no interruptions), only then do you have to fight 3 more bosses.

After that we don't know if there is more or not.

As near as we can figure out, you get no rewards unless you complete it all in one go in one hour. More Chinagame science forthcoming once we kill the first boss within a half hour on monday (probably).

Kylra fucked around with this message at 03:37 on May 19, 2014

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
For Shen faction, it turns out you can get most of the herbs needed for the crafted needles and drugs from drops off of the Beast Villa minibosses and from farming - mostly from textiles it looks like, maybe randomly. I got two 40 cert items from growing otherwise useless(?) grass cotton on this very hunch.

Also you can get various random herbs used to refine medicine from textile crops, but this also apparently involves paying 100L to buy a 30-day refining furnace to turn poisons and herbalism products into chi pills, and who doesn't have enough chi pills already.

That said if you come across any Tears of The Turtle King, why not send them to Xibo? I want to try out this faction specific hidden weapon recipe but I also don't want to spend certs.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

It's nice in beast villa I have so many certs I can never get close to spending.

Oriental Hugs
Jun 15, 2001

Nothin' about hugs, though
Oh wow I got access to my old account. I just applied to the guild as Wikipedia. But I hosed up and I forgot my secret code to pick up items in mail. And clicking forget password just links me to my snail account page.

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

"How do I get rid of these nasty roaches?!"

Easy, just burn your house down.
Guess who Xu's first Gallant Knight is.
Not me!
But guess who's Xu's second Gallant Knight is!

Guess who's going to be Xu's first graduate!

Nobody right now, because holy poo poo the skills go way past what we expected.

You can get up to 5 before hitting 10k faction reputation. For reference I had 200 jade ruler for that. It's incredibly easy to get your level 5 abilities because you just get a flood of of them. You also see in the person where you get your level 5 abilities, level 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, and 42 of the inner so you figure that's the max, you can only go to 42. You get campfire 2 and 3 in there too but those are familiarity points and wno cares. We lose campfire after graduation anyway!

Then you go meet Xu Feiyan and he's like "HEY I GOT THE GOODS BABY!", opens his trenchcoat and well... Here's what the tabs have.

Tab 1: School skills book 6, 7, and 8

Tab 2: Silver gear, Upgrades for SCHOOL GOLD Tier 5 to tier 6 (WTF?), and stuff so you can spend SOMETHING to buy certs (please don't let me be right on what I think something is)

Tab 3: Inner 42 - 56

Tab 4: Inner 57 - 61, Skills 9

"Ultimate Faction Knowledge": Inner 62 - 84, Skills 10

The internal has traditionally sucked, and I don't want to get a single book of it because I'm NEVER going to use it. Those skill books up to 10 look mighty fine though, so I'm probably going to stay Xu a bit longer to get those books to 10 and then never look back. What's REALLY crazy is: THERE'S MORE. I need to complete GCC hard, and TV Hell in order to apparently unlock that gold tier equipment and possibly other poo poo.

I had 200 rulers and laughed it off because I had everything, Then the floor dropped out and now I have no rulers, every skill but one to 8, 2 more levels for each skill, one campfire level (Because apparently you keep campfire, but one level down when you graduate), and gold tier equipment from school that I can then upgrade to class 6?

randombattle posted:

It's nice in beast villa I have so many certs I can never get close to spending.

HAHAHA, I KNOW THE FEELING! send help.

RealEdit: also, since someone asked

Yes, all of the above is accessable to me, I CAN get level 84 of the internal RIGHT NOW. The ONLY exception is I can't get tier 5 gold to tier 6 gold, that's a future patch.

Forer fucked around with this message at 10:16 on May 19, 2014

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Forer posted:

Then you go meet Xu Feiyan and he's like "HEY I GOT THE GOODS BABY!", opens his trenchcoat and well... Here's what the tabs have.

Tab 1: School skills book 6, 7, and 8

Tab 2: Silver gear, Upgrades for SCHOOL GOLD Tier 5 to tier 6 (WTF?), and stuff so you can spend SOMETHING to buy certs (please don't let me be right on what I think something is)

Tab 3: Inner 42 - 56

Tab 4: Inner 57 - 61, Skills 9

"Ultimate Faction Knowledge": Inner 62 - 84, Skills 10

The internal has traditionally sucked, and I don't want to get a single book of it because I'm NEVER going to use it. Those skill books up to 10 look mighty fine though, so I'm probably going to stay Xu a bit longer to get those books to 10 and then never look back. What's REALLY crazy is: THERE'S MORE. I need to complete GCC hard, and TV Hell in order to apparently unlock that gold tier equipment and possibly other poo poo.

I had 200 rulers and laughed it off because I had everything, Then the floor dropped out and now I have no rulers, every skill but one to 8, 2 more levels for each skill, one campfire level (Because apparently you keep campfire, but one level down when you graduate), and gold tier equipment from school that I can then upgrade to class 6?

HAHAHA, I KNOW THE FEELING! send help.

RealEdit: also, since someone asked

Yes, all of the above is accessable to me, I CAN get level 82 of the internal RIGHT NOW. The ONLY exception is I can't get tier 5 gold to tier 6 gold, that's a future patch.

That's real strange because Beast Villa internal doesnt go past 50 and you can't even access those pages until that patch. Is the Xu inner not a t3 internal like Beast is?

If it is a 3rd wouldn't that make Xu the strongest internal in the game at 82?

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

Apparently at 56, someone mentioned it being lackluster statwise so who knows. I'll take it a LITTLE further up but I don't want to spend absurd cultivation on something that I think will be a terrible inner compared to another one. (Ice chi is the only way to play xu right now I think)

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

Xu's internal is 6 + level so it's a school 1st internal equivalent.

Forer posted:

stuff so you can spend SOMETHING to buy certs (please don't let me be right on what I think something is)
If I'm reading the files right, six packs in two sets of 3? Yep it's taels. Whole Silver I guess.
24L, 100L, 144L, 35L, 129L, 310L
I'm not sure if I can see how many are in each. The descriptions are wonderfully vague, huh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

FebrezeNinja posted:

Xu's internal is 6 + level so it's a school 1st internal equivalent.

If I'm reading the files right, six packs in two sets of 3? Yep it's taels. Whole Silver I guess.
24L, 100L, 144L, 35L, 129L, 310L
I'm not sure if I can see how many are in each. The descriptions are wonderfully vague, huh.

Well then, looks like I was right! Goddammit that's the only way to get certs in bulk, and they're bound. It also means that the 200 certs to get a certain thing which would take like a month are handilly put in one place for you to spend real money on!

Why do I play this.