Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

The regeneration is failing! Hooooo...

Boogoose posted:

At the museum I work at, someone vandalised some displays in the Anglo Saxon gallery by putting a vinyl sticker over them that said in red capitals ANTI ENGLISH PROPOGANDA. The displays that they targeted were ones that had the temerity to state that English people aren't originally from England. Does anyone know if this is offically A Thing with nationalist groups, or just a lone racist howling into the void?

Oh no you get that in most countries where the majority of the population descends from invasions that occurred an obscenely long time ago. Hell even in countries like America where white people have only been predominant for about three hundred years you'll find supremacists trying to claim their history in the land stretches farther back than the natives somehow. Because somehow being first would excuse all the terrible things they did and still do to those that came later in their hosed up pseudo history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boogoose
Oct 5, 2003

GIVE ME THE CASH !

Mind Loving Owl posted:

Oh no you get that in most countries where the majority of the population descends from invasions that occurred an obscenely long time ago. Hell even in countries like America where white people have only been predominant for about three hundred years you'll find supremacists trying to claim their history in the land stretches farther back than the natives somehow. Because somehow being first would excuse all the terrible things they did and still do to those that came later in their hosed up pseudo history.

Sorry, I just meant the sticker thing. It seemed planned ahead enough that I thought it might be something various groups are specifically encouraging their members to do. Otherwise, it seems to involve far too much forward planning for the average bigot working on their own, seeing the display and getting angry, having the sticker properly printed, and coming back to stealthily smear their horseshit where the general public can see it.

TheImmigrant
Jan 18, 2011
Why does a fringe group of white-trash dead-enders get so much attention from pearl clutchers?

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

TheImmigrant posted:

Why does a fringe group of white-trash dead-enders get so much attention from pearl clutchers?

What do you mean by pearl clutchers?

And I don't think the EDL gets much attention from anyone these days, because they are pretty much dead as an organisation. Just look at how infrequently this thread is posted in.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Well with the failure to keep anything sustained after the Lee Rigby murder and UKIP seeming to approach being a thing in politics by being just as xenophobic but with a Boris Johnson figurehead I reckon a lot of people figure they'll be able to start getting rid of all the immigrants and non-whites after an election rather than doing much themselves. Their numbers are still good compared to antifa counterprotesters though.

After the referendum keeps us in the EU and UKIP doesn't secure a say in parliament they'll be back, although probably not under the EDL banners.

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.

Mind Loving Owl posted:

Oh no you get that in most countries where the majority of the population descends from invasions that occurred an obscenely long time ago.

Discounting immigrant societies like much of America and such, this is actually a really arbitrary thing that shouldn't be taken as gospel or w/e. Cos, like, if you speak in terms of genetics and such, it literally isn't true that "English people aren't originally from England" - if your ancestry in England extends to the 400s, it also extends beyond it, to the Celts, and on to the original inhabitants of post-glacial England. They didn't get massacred by the Anglo-Saxons, they just succumbed to the mores of the (presumably much smaller) group of invaders and everyone blended together. Obviously English language and most things about English culture aren't "from England" originally, but it's silly to speak of descent in such terms.

Boogoose
Oct 5, 2003

GIVE ME THE CASH !

Ras Het posted:

Discounting immigrant societies like much of America and such, this is actually a really arbitrary thing that shouldn't be taken as gospel or w/e. Cos, like, if you speak in terms of genetics and such, it literally isn't true that "English people aren't originally from England" - if your ancestry in England extends to the 400s, it also extends beyond it, to the Celts, and on to the original inhabitants of post-glacial England. They didn't get massacred by the Anglo-Saxons, they just succumbed to the mores of the (presumably much smaller) group of invaders and everyone blended together. Obviously English language and most things about English culture aren't "from England" originally, but it's silly to speak of descent in such terms.

Okay so I was simplifying greatly. What I was getting at is that there are people out there that get offended when you suggest that the English race did not descend fully formed from Enoch Powell's right nutsack.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I always understood that the sack was a singular entity, unless there's something I missed about ol' Enoch.

Boogoose
Oct 5, 2003

GIVE ME THE CASH !

Party Boat posted:

I always understood that the sack was a singular entity, unless there's something I missed about ol' Enoch.

A little known fact about Enoch Powell was that he was heavily into body modification, including a bifurcated scrotum. The title of his famous "Rivers of Blood" was inspired by the hardships he suffered after a botched tattoo of William Blake's "The Great Red Dragon and the Woman Clothed in the Sun" on his glans penis.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
A what :stare:

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
If you haven't yet seen pictures of penis and scrotal bisections, don't. Trust me, it ain't worth it.

/has stared too long into the abyss.

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.
:qq: poor fascist profiteers are probably gonna get their windows kicked in http://www.channel4.com/news/thor-steinar-london-finchley-protest-far-right-viking

quote:

Inside Thor Steinar: London outfitter to the extreme right

Thor Steinar, the favoured brand of hardline right wingers in Germany, has opened a shop in north London called the Viking Thor Shop - but locals may be unaware of its right-wing roots. The shop has been operating from Ballards Lane in North Finchley since late last month, bringing clothing heavily associated with European far-right street movements to the UK.

The owner told Channel 4 News that he is not linked to the far right in any way, and promised to have posts on the white power website Stormfront promoting his new shop removed. When contacted Thor Steinar head office said it had "no interest" in commenting on the new shop in the heart of a multicultural London community with a sizeable Jewish population.

The Thor Steinar brand has faced bans in the German Bundestag, in several football stadium and members of the far-right German National Democratic Party have been expelled from parliament for wearing the brand. Its clothes were banned outright in Germany in 2004 because of the logo's similarity to symbols worn by the Nazi SS – but the company has rebranded since then.

In March 2012 the label drew global controversy when the company opened a shop called Brevik in Saxony. It was accused of naming the store after far-right mass murderer Anders Behring Breivik. The brand claimed it was named in honour of the Norwegian town of Brevik in Oslo but later changed the name and removed the sign.

Above the door at the north London Viking store, an ambiguous Wolfsangel-style Nordic rune is proudly displayed. The company was launched in October 2002 and was initially based in Königs Wusterhausen, German. In 2009 it moved to Dubai – provoking outrage from some of its extreme right customers who threatened a boycott.

The arrival of the shop was welcomed by the white power website Stormfront, where users posted boasting that "London gets its first white nationalist clothing shop". A number of users pledged to visit the store. One poster responded: "I hate north London. It's full of Jews", while a number of users made comments about shooting Jewish people. Local Conservative MP Mike Freer told Channel 4 News; "I am in contact with the Community Security Trust and local groups to ascertain what can be done. However, at present the shop may be unwelcome, but doesn't yet appear to have acted illegally."

While the company claims it is not owned by the far right, reports in the German press have repeatedly indicated the clothing was created from the far-right scene in east Germany. The shop sells goods from jackets to t-shirts emblazoned with the brand's name and logo. One t-shirt reads "White shark", another shows a man holding an automatic weapon and reads "last man standing".

The clothes regularly feature Vikings and Nordic themes - mythology which plays a central role in the extreme right's racial purist views. The Norwegian government filed a complaint against the use of the national flag in February 2008. Thor Steinar shops in Germany have been repeatedly targeted by anti-fascist protests and repeatedly vandalised. Earlier this month in Hanover 350 protesters gathered outside a Thor Steinar store to protest against what they see as a "right wing lifestyle store".

Either that or a good old fashioned firebombing like Whitechapel Starbucks.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I can't see the fool operating for long. At least, I hope not.

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Everyone still hates the fascists http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/march-for-england-2014

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

This march was getting positive press in one of the local rags :smith:

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

lols http://www.eastlondonmosque.org.uk/news/britain-first-invasion-fail

East London Mosque posted:

Britain First, the fringe far-right, Muslim-hating group, made a second visit to the East London Mosque today (apparently an "invasion" which involved four people). They left pretty quickly, after a local Community Support Officer spotted their car on zig-zag traffic lines, and run a red light as they made their "getaway".

Britain First's previous visit, as part of their misnamed ‘Christian Patrol’, showed them bravely swigging lager and unfurling a banner on the street outside ... before again running off quickly.

Of course, members of the public are welcome to attend the mosque and, with a booking, take a tour of the facilities (perhaps Britain First had trouble writing down the number).

Britain First is, of course, a tiny hate group whose members were booted out of the far-right British National Party (BNP). The mother of murdered soldier Lee Rigby has recently asked Britain First leader Paul Golding (a former BNP councillor in Kent and the party's ex-publicity officer) to stop using her son's name -- something Golding has pointedly refused to do -- claiming she is, understandably, 'heartbroken' Golding also had to admit to Andrew Neil on the BBC's Daily Politics show that money his organisation claimed to be collecting for British soldiers was, in fact, going to the party itself.

The party has recently boasted of guarding UKIP venues, though as anti-fascist groups have noted, its leader Jim Dowson has strong links to Northern Ireland, where he has been involved in the 'flag protests' in Belfast, as well as having a long history in an anti-abortion extremism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyCFV9F6oL0

Radio Prune
Feb 19, 2010
Someone shared this from Britain First on FB just ten minutes ago unironically

I just cant :negative:

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I love that second one. Even they know they're going to be used in something lovely.

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun
Here's Nick Griffin with some NF friends. I guess the BNP have given up pretending they're not affiliated with them now.

http://www.demotix.com/photo/4766977/nick-griffin-bolton-oppose-new-mosques-farnworth

And the flag looks like a 4chan image macro.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
I've just been linked this on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/britianfirst

It's a little childish and stupid but then so is Britain First. :v:

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Radio Prune posted:

That's not even a Burqa, it's a Niqāb. If you're going to be a racist turd at least get it right. :rolleyes:

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

Stottie Kyek posted:

Here's Nick Griffin with some NF friends. I guess the BNP have given up pretending they're not affiliated with them now.

http://www.demotix.com/photo/4766977/nick-griffin-bolton-oppose-new-mosques-farnworth

And the flag looks like a 4chan image macro.

Uh, that flag is some full-on transparently neo-Nazi gear: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/14_words. Not just "vaguely racist", but "the group who popularized the slogan was made up of literal convicted terrorists and carried out assassinations and armored-car robberies in the 1980s".

Is the NF front usually that blatant, or is are the "14 Words" a less obvious red-flag in the UK than in the US?

TapTheForwardAssist fucked around with this message at 21:52 on May 19, 2014

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

Is the NF front usually that blatant, or is are the "14 Words" a less obvious red-flag in the UK than in the US?
I don't think it's well known at all - I was aware of the phrase "14 words" but only because I'd asked someone why racists were obsessed with 1488. It's not until you brought it up that I realised I had no idea which 14 words they were. So I've learned something new today at least. Rejoice.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

We're not the smartest people but when a bunch of white people with shaved heads yell about Jews and unveil a flag which specifically says 'a future for white children' we usually manage to put it together.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

The master race - defeated by a single plastic plod.

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010
I know the answer is "because they are idiots", but if these guys are serious about these issues why do they keep turning up to protests with cans of beer? Are they just there to have fun?

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Incoming Chinchilla posted:

I know the answer is "because they are idiots", but if these guys are serious about these issues why do they keep turning up to protests with cans of beer? Are they just there to have fun?

because they are idiots

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010

Called it

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.

In the program about EDL women a while ago a lot of them just seemed like very lonely (and angry) people who didn't get out very much, so the protests became big social events for them. One of the women even tried to turn a protest into a date.

Crashbee fucked around with this message at 14:01 on May 22, 2014

crazyvanman
Dec 31, 2010
For anyone (probably most people) who didn't see, the 'South East Alliance' came to Cricklewood the other day. They're a splinter group of the EDL formed my Paul Podromou Pitt, formerly head of Essex EDL. They claimed to be protesting against a Muslim Brotherhood 'office' in Cricklewood (113 Cricklewood Broadway) which, as far as anyone (including the police) can tell is actually just...flats or something.

Still, the SEA were out in force and at one point even managed to reach double figures. With about 2-300 antifa it was a pretty straightforward day with the police preparing a little pen for the fascists to stand in, a good 50m down the road from the supposed terrorist HQ. Anyway the best thing about it, and the reason I'm posting it here, is purely for the hilarious write up it got on fash blogs, who have dubbed the day a victory because they actually got onto the right street.

They genuinely created this
By 'fought' they basically mean stood there and shouted, entirely drowned out by antifa chants. Although as for the chant 'alterta, alerta, antifascista'...'its foreign, so we havent got a clue what there saying, which makes the chant reduntant'

Anyway, it was refreshing, what with all the genuine concern about the rise of the far right in Europe, to see 'Seven English Arseholes' thoroughly outnumbered and humiliated by a mixture of locals and antifa. Chatting to one Greek guy there was quite amusing - this was his first UK antifa demo, and was quite a come down from fighting Golden Dawn. His basic response was '...is this it? are you joking?'

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
That is loving beautiful. :allears:

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Ah yes, the Magnificent Seven: an American remake of the classic Japanese film Seven Samurai. Truly a bastion of British pride.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Ddraig posted:

Ah yes, the Magnificent Seven: an American remake of the classic Japanese film Seven Samurai. Truly a bastion of British pride.

And comparing themselves to the Seven Samurai...where four of said samurai die.

Hong XiuQuan
Feb 19, 2008

"Without justice for the Palestinians there will be no peace in the Middle East."
If English was good enough to Kurosawa, it's good enough for me.

crazyvanman
Dec 31, 2010
The one on the left is called Kevin and he's the glorious leader of BNP Youth. He loves Golden Dawn too. Since you seemed to enjoy ridiculously over the top patriotic stuff, this outfit he un-ironically wears and for which he got some abuse on Saturday; 'Kev where's your St. George outfit, that was hilarious? Kev did you know St. George was Palestinian? Kev...you're not Muslim are you?' and so on.

SEA are basically the same people as English Volunteer Force, and seem to include the one or two people that comprise Scottish Volunteer Force, and are quite close with Casuals United. That's the background, which I felt I ought to include since this thread isn't supposed to be entirely about mocking the Nazis. Despite the fact that it's '2-0 to the antifa' they've warned us they'll be back. So next time come along and join the fun! D&D antifa

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

crazyvanman posted:

For anyone (probably most people) who didn't see, the 'South East Alliance' came to Cricklewood the other day. They're a splinter group of the EDL formed my Paul Podromou Pitt, formerly head of Essex EDL. They claimed to be protesting against a Muslim Brotherhood 'office' in Cricklewood (113 Cricklewood Broadway) which, as far as anyone (including the police) can tell is actually just...flats or something.

Still, the SEA were out in force and at one point even managed to reach double figures. With about 2-300 antifa it was a pretty straightforward day with the police preparing a little pen for the fascists to stand in, a good 50m down the road from the supposed terrorist HQ. Anyway the best thing about it, and the reason I'm posting it here, is purely for the hilarious write up it got on fash blogs, who have dubbed the day a victory because they actually got onto the right street.

They genuinely created this
By 'fought' they basically mean stood there and shouted, entirely drowned out by antifa chants. Although as for the chant 'alterta, alerta, antifascista'...'its foreign, so we havent got a clue what there saying, which makes the chant reduntant'

Anyway, it was refreshing, what with all the genuine concern about the rise of the far right in Europe, to see 'Seven English Arseholes' thoroughly outnumbered and humiliated by a mixture of locals and antifa. Chatting to one Greek guy there was quite amusing - this was his first UK antifa demo, and was quite a come down from fighting Golden Dawn. His basic response was '...is this it? are you joking?'

Man, hilarious. Shame I didn't hear about this earlier, Cricklewood is literally down the road from me.

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas

Radio Prune posted:

By this logic, Britain First hate white racists because they agree that KKK dress should be banned? :psyduck:

Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

The regeneration is failing! Hooooo...
You know I'm disappointed in these English racists. They all seem to at least pay lip service to Christianity despite it being invented thousands of miles away, where's the Woden worship?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Woden? Stick your stupid bastard Norse gods up your arse. True Brits fight under the banner of Aeron.

e: Yesterday I saw the most amazing thing. A woman in a Burkha on a mobile phone having a very public argument with who I can only assume was her husband. She was swearing like a sailor. This is a Britain I'm proud to live in.

Rush Limbo fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Jul 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Mind Loving Owl posted:

You know I'm disappointed in these English racists. They all seem to at least pay lip service to Christianity despite it being invented thousands of miles away, where's the Woden worship?

There are british fascists who are into that stuff but they tend to hang out in slightly more intellectual circles than the edl.

• Locked thread