Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

Poison Mushroom posted:

FNV4GB what you're looking for?

For whatever reason, I can't launch New Vegas from the 4GB thing. I double click, it says "Launching Fallout New Vegas" and then nothing happens. Can anybody help?

I'm running Windows 8.1 and have 12 gigs or RAM, for what it's worth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
This one might work in windows 8.

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/35262/

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
The ending of NVBI and then all of NVBII really quickly descend into Blood Meridian style ultra-violence. It's actually pretty draining, like reading an actual Cormac McCarthy story. But in a good way.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Well, considering that the end boss of NVBI is Judge Holden himself, you're not far from wrong.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
Yeah the references are pretty thick throughout, too.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

Well, considering that the end boss of NVBI is Judge Holden himself, you're not far from wrong.

I always avoided NVB because it looked pretty bad, but this might just convince me to give it a try.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

I always avoided NVB because it looked pretty bad, but this might just convince me to give it a try.

For what it is (a loose, thin plot what give you reason to shoot people) it's actually pretty good. The amateur voice acting's not too shabby, either, if a bit low-quality.

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

This appears to have worked, thank you.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Seashell Salesman posted:

The ending of NVBI and then all of NVBII really quickly descend into Blood Meridian style ultra-violence. It's actually pretty draining, like reading an actual Cormac McCarthy story. But in a good way.

Didn't decend into a huge bloodbath for me. I convinced him to off his slaves and come at me himself and then I stood there and looked smug while my lobotomites diced him into chunky pieces with their chainsaws.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Didn't decend into a huge bloodbath for me. I convinced him to off his slaves and come at me himself and then I stood there and looked smug while my lobotomites diced him into chunky pieces with their chainsaws.

Oh man I think the scripting of this encounter may have broken for me because when I entered his bunker all of his guards were already dead and he just instantly attacked me. Until now I thought that was meant to happen.

Coughing Hobo posted:

For what it is (a loose, thin plot what give you reason to shoot people) it's actually pretty good. The amateur voice acting's not too shabby, either, if a bit low-quality.

I don't know if I'd say the plot is that thin. There are lots of links between the characters and lots of build up fluff for the important ones before you meet them, and often you continue to find out more about them after you've killed them.

It is only like Blood Meridian in a thematic sense though, there's extreme violence and the frontier bit is emphasized (much more than in the vanilla story, which makes the Mojave feel more like a warzone than a frontier IMO). The characters are only like their namesakes in the most superficial sense. For example Judge Richter is a pedophile and murderer, and used to ride with someone named Glanton, which are probably the least defining characteristics of Judge Holden. Not to mention that you kill Richter less than halfway through the story of the someguy series, whereas Holden is some kind of undying cambion freak.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
Is Lombard Station still in the works or has that been scrapped? Search only throws me errors so, yeah.
Last I remember was LS still being worked on but with no ETA.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Coughing Hobo posted:

I wasn't really a fan of NVB1/2 at first, but The Inheritance (from someguy, also) solves my main problem with the stuff: That the dudes you deal with don't recognize they're potentially dealing with an unstoppable death machine and that your character doesn't really have any particular reaction to the encounters.

The Inheritance is full of stuff that recognizes how utterly ridiculous your character is. Such as this exchange from some assassin who gets the drop on you like pretty much every single NVB quest. I'm assuming that the whole 'I've killed thousands' line only shows up if your character's killcount is actually that absurdly high, but man it's such a great touch for a high-level quest mod.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Sensenmann posted:

Is Lombard Station still in the works or has that been scrapped? Search only throws me errors so, yeah.
Last I remember was LS still being worked on but with no ETA.

Well, it was released some time ago but the updates that King of Swag was doing to it is on hold for the moment since his Real Life just got insane. So he wants to go back to it and finish it but basically can't right now with no ETA. Which sucks for everyone involved and likely he himself too.

You, sir, have literally mastered the art of FNV graphics. I like to think I've got my game looking pretty good but acknowledge that it's not quite good enough but every time I see one of your screenshots I'm instantly filled with envy as I can usually find no wrong with it. You really need to put out some sort of in-depth guide with links on exactly what you've done so us mere mortals can at least try to reach those levels of sexiness.

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Puce Moose's Tales from the Burning Sands
Another strange quest in typical Puce Moose style.

That first quest ending is a huge loving downer.

CommonSensei
Apr 3, 2011

Which mod is that outfit from?

I just started Inheritance myself and have been enjoying it so far.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Naky posted:

Well, it was released some time ago but the updates that King of Swag was doing to it is on hold for the moment since his Real Life just got insane. So he wants to go back to it and finish it but basically can't right now with no ETA. Which sucks for everyone involved and likely he himself too.

Thanks for the update. Hope he gets things sorted, a RL clusterfuck is never fun.

ETPC
Jul 10, 2008

Wheel with it.
I'm having a bug with building my bashed patch. It keeps crashing and spitting out this error:

Error in Armor Collection.esm
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "F:\Steam\steamapps\common\fallout new vegas\Mopy\bash\basher.py", line 5836, in Execute
patchFile.scanLoadMods(SubProgress(progress,0.2,0.8)) #try to speed this up!
File "F:\Steam\steamapps\common\fallout new vegas\Mopy\bash\bosh.py", line 20596, in scanLoadMods
modFile.load(True,SubProgress(progress,index,index+0.5))
File "F:\Steam\steamapps\common\fallout new vegas\Mopy\bash\bosh.py", line 7588, in load
records.load(ins,unpack and (topClass != MobBase))
File "F:\Steam\steamapps\common\fallout new vegas\Mopy\bash\bosh.py", line 6536, in load
self.loadData(ins, ins.tell()+self.size-recHeaderSize)
File "F:\Steam\steamapps\common\fallout new vegas\Mopy\bash\bosh.py", line 6638, in loadData
record = recClass(header,ins,True)
File "F:\Steam\steamapps\common\fallout new vegas\Mopy\bash\bosh.py", line 1945, in __init__
self.__class__.melSet.initRecord(self,header,ins,unpack)
File "F:\Steam\steamapps\common\fallout new vegas\Mopy\bash\bosh.py", line 1525, in initRecord
MreRecord.__init__(record,header,ins,unpack)
File "F:\Steam\steamapps\common\fallout new vegas\Mopy\bash\bosh.py", line 1743, in __init__
if ins: self.load(ins,unpack)
File "F:\Steam\steamapps\common\fallout new vegas\Mopy\bash\bosh.py", line 1806, in load
self.loadData(ins,inPos+self.size)
File "F:\Steam\steamapps\common\fallout new vegas\Mopy\bash\bosh.py", line 1954, in loadData
self.__class__.melSet.loadData(self,ins,endPos)
File "F:\Steam\steamapps\common\fallout new vegas\Mopy\bash\bosh.py", line 1554, in loadData
loaders[type].loadData(record,ins,type,size,readId)
File "F:\Steam\steamapps\common\fallout new vegas\Mopy\bash\bosh.py", line 1089, in loadData
unpacked = ins.unpack(self.format,size,readId)
File "F:\Steam\steamapps\common\fallout new vegas\Mopy\bash\bosh.py", line 548, in unpack
return struct.unpack(format,self.ins.read(size))
struct.error: unpack requires a string argument of length 8

Any ideas? Here is my current load order:

Active Mod Files:
00 falloutnv.esm
01 DeadMoney.esm
02 HonestHearts.esm
03 OldWorldBlues.esm
04 LonesomeRoad.esm
05 GunRunnersArsenal.esm
06 ClassicPack.esm
07 MercenaryPack.esm
08 TribalPack.esm
09 CaravanPack.esm
0A Caliber.esm
0B CaliberXhonesthearts.esm
0C CaliberXgunrunners.esm
0D domecity.esm
0E drgNV - Melissa Companion.esm [Version 0.88]
0F FreesideOpen.esm
10 NevadaSkies.esm
11 NVInteriors_Core.esm
12 NVInteriors_ComboEdition.esm
13 Project Nevada - Core.esm
14 Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
15 ProjectBrazil.esm
16 Survivalist Bunker.esm
17 Tales from the Burning Sands.esm [Version 1.30]
18 The.Armory.esm
19 Weapons.of.the.New.Millenia.esm
1A oHUD.esm
1B Lings.esm
1C D.E.I.M.O.S..esm [Version 1.05]
1D FCOMaster.esm
1E Armor Collection.esm
1F GtabImprovedAmmoTFRMaster.esm
20 SomeguySeries.esm
21 Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
22 Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
23 QLRFollowers.esp
24 Mission Mojave - Ultimate Edition.esp [Version 10]
25 MMUE POP.esp
26 MMUE-CP-NVInteriors.esp
27 DarNifiedUINV.esp
28 CASM.esp
29 FreesideOpenPatch.esp
2A FreesideOpenBoulderDomePatch.esp
2B Readius_NV.esp
2C The Mod Configuration Menu.esp [Version 1.5]
2D The Weapon Mod Menu.esp [Version 1.2]
2E Better Burned Man.esp
2F UHNV.esp
30 UHNV-Dead Money.esp
31 UHNV-Honest Hearts.esp
32 UHNV-OWB.esp
33 UHNV-Lonesome Road.esp
34 Project Nevada - Dead Money.esp
35 Project Nevada - Honest Hearts.esp
36 Project Nevada - Old World Blues.esp
37 Project Nevada - Lonesome Road.esp
38 Project Nevada - Gun Runners' Arsenal.esp
39 Project Brazil NV Courier Stash Control.esp
3A Project Brazil NV DLC Control.esp
3B Project Brazil Project Nevada Patch.esp
3C MMUE-CP-PNCore.esp
3D FSOmusic.esp
3E Improved Sound FX - Weapon Sharing Fix.esp
3F Improved Sound FX - GRA.esp
40 athornysituation.esp
41 awilderwasteland.esp
42 betsybrahmin.esp
43 kochandbohr.esp
44 NewVegasBounties.esp
45 NewVegasBountiesII.esp
46 NewVegasBountiesFSOPatch.esp
47 outsidebets.esp
48 Pacersgambit.esp
49 GRA - The Right to Bear Arms.esp [Version 1.032]
4A LegendaryHunter.esp
4B AG Supplementary Uniques-AllInOne.esp
4C AG Supplementary Uniques-GRA.esp
4D Weapons.of.the.New.Millenia.Honest.Hearts.Grunt.Patch.esp
4E Weapons.of.the.New.Millenia.Leveled.Lists.esp
4F Weapons.of.the.New.Millenia.Store.esp
50 1nivVSLArmors.esp [Version 1.2]
51 1nivPNSLPatch.esp [Version 1.2]
52 Boacombat2glove.esp
53 EMR-StealthSuitMkII.esp
54 EMR-StealthSuitMkII - Project Nevada GRB.esp
55 Sunglasses Shipment.esp
56 Sunglasses Shipment - Merchant.esp
57 Tailor Maid - NV.esp [Version 6]
58 TGsArmorCollectionVegas.esp
59 NVCE DLC01.esp
5A NVCE DLC02.esp
5B NVCE DLC03.esp
5C FCO.esp
5D drgNV - Marcus Companion.esp [Version 0.80.1]
5E SunnyCompanion.esp
5F WeaponModsExpanded.esp
60 Improved Sound FX - WMX - Weapon Sharing Fix.esp
61 WMX-DLCMerged.esp
62 WMX-POPMerged.esp
63 MMUE-CP-WMX.esp
64 Vurt's WFO.esp
65 NevadaSkies - Ultimate DLC Edition.esp
66 MBOWBExtended100.esp
67 The.Armory.CaliberX.Patch.esp
68 The Low Profile Armor Mod.esp
69 The.Armory.Leveled.List.esp
6A The.Armory.Leveled.List.Lonesome.Road.Patch.esp
6B The.Armory.Immersion.Addon.esp
6C QHHFollowers.esp
6D The.Armory.Cabinet.Addon.esp
6E The.Armory.Leveled.List.Concise.esp
6F NVCE Main.esp
70 CCO - Ulysses Companion.esp
71 CCO - Ulysses Companion - All DLCs Patch.esp
72 KS23.esp
73 Lombard Station.esp
74 Lombard Station - Dead Money.esp
75 Lombard Station - Gun Runners' Arsenal.esp
76 Lombard Station - Honest Hearts.esp
77 Lombard Station - Lonesome Road.esp
78 Lombard Station - Old World Blues.esp
79 TOZ34.esp

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

ETPC posted:

I'm having a bug with building my bashed patch. It keeps crashing and spitting out this error:

<snip>

Run FNVEdit and see if it gives an error as well. Pay close attention to the Armor Collection.esm since that seems to be the culprit. If that throws an error in FNVEdit as well try redownloading the mod, maybe the files you have are broken.

And while I'm at it, your loadout really calls for a merged patch. Make one.

ETPC
Jul 10, 2008

Wheel with it.
Running FNVEdit dosen't showcase any errors. It's just when I try to build a bashed patch.

And that's the plan after I get a bashed patch up and running, I will make a merged patch.

Edit: As an experiment, I tried to rebuild the patch one section at a time and managed to pinpoint the section it crashes at, which is Import Graphics.

Thing is, ArmorCollection is no where in that list of things to import. Any ideas?

Edit Edit: Aha! It seems to crash when I try to import graphics from the ESP for Spice Of Life (1nivVSLAArmors.esp). It seems to conflict with Police Automaton's ArmorCollection, in some way.

ETPC fucked around with this message at 20:37 on May 22, 2014

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
Good to know. Might be interesting to figure out why this is happening but skipping import graphics seems the easier option. Heh.

ETPC
Jul 10, 2008

Wheel with it.
Problem with that. It's not just graphics it seems, but also names, scripts and stats. And it's not just Spice of Life. Patch building is crashing with WMX, Project Nevada, Lings, MMUE...hell, even FalloutNV.esm makes it do a big sulk.

Does PoliceAutomaton still post here?

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

ETPC posted:

Problem with that. It's not just graphics it seems, but also names, scripts and stats. And it's not just Spice of Life. Patch building is crashing with WMX, Project Nevada, Lings, MMUE...hell, even FalloutNV.esm makes it do a big sulk.

Does PoliceAutomaton still post here?

Not in a long time. I believe he's done with modding completely.

edit: that release he made was practically an alpha in terms of unfinished content and kick-it-out-the-door mentality. He just decided he was finished with it and pushed it out so people could at least enjoy a bit of it or maybe even take over.

ETPC
Jul 10, 2008

Wheel with it.
Has there been any other mods that include the stuff in there? Seems like I might need to just jettison his mod in order to get a proper patch going.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

You could just fix whatever's broken in his mod in FNVEdit.

ETPC
Jul 10, 2008

Wheel with it.
How would I go about doing that?

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Look through the conflicts and remove anything from police automaton's mod that is conflicting would be my first stab. I'm not an expert on modding Bethesda Gamebryo games though, I just tinker when I want to change stuff for myself.

ETPC
Jul 10, 2008

Wheel with it.
That seems like it could potentially break everything.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Of course it could, diagnosing and fixing stuff is always largely trial and error.

delta534
Sep 2, 2011

ETPC posted:

How would I go about doing that?

As someone who has spent too much time with FNVEdit, I'm not sure since I have no idea what the error is.

I've found a fix. You will have to download and install this http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/41642/, open up the plugin with it, hit yes to all for the warnings and save once loaded.

delta534 fucked around with this message at 02:25 on May 23, 2014

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009

Paper Tiger posted:

BOSS recently (within the last few months) became LOOT: http://loot.github.io/. I know, it threw me for a loop when I decided to reinstall yesterday.

Much obliged, I wasn't aware it has changed. Worked well!

sidenote, is there a mod or something I can throw into the mix that is like...maybe NEI from minecraft? I can never figure out ID codes that change based on load order stuff, and I wanted to look some of the guns/armor/etc from the big packs I installed without having to reload at gun runners repeatedly or something.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Synnr posted:

Much obliged, I wasn't aware it has changed. Worked well!

sidenote, is there a mod or something I can throw into the mix that is like...maybe NEI from minecraft? I can never figure out ID codes that change based on load order stuff, and I wanted to look some of the guns/armor/etc from the big packs I installed without having to reload at gun runners repeatedly or something.

FNVEdit. Load your standard load order, and the ids listed for each item will correspond to what they are in game. Alternatively, if you're using NVSE (which you should be) bring up your console, click on the item you want the id of, and type "gbo" to get its base id.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS

ETPC posted:

That seems like it could potentially break everything.

The story of my modding life.

ETPC
Jul 10, 2008

Wheel with it.

delta534 posted:

As someone who has spent too much time with FNVEdit, I'm not sure since I have no idea what the error is.

I've found a fix. You will have to download and install this http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/41642/, open up the plugin with it, hit yes to all for the warnings and save once loaded.

Hey, this worked! Thanks!

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
What's up with BOSS and LOOT? Loot comes up with a missing .dll error and BOSS can't locate or update the masterlist.

I've tried reinstalling multiple times.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Are you running BOSS through another program? When I run it on its own it seems to work for me but FOMM is inoperable in that sense.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Basic Chunnel posted:

Are you running BOSS through another program? When I run it on its own it seems to work for me but FOMM is inoperable in that sense.

Yeah I've tried running it via FOMM, GUI and the other one. No dice.

Edit: Fixed it. There was a problem with my connection. Resetting the router worked.

Edit 2: Are there any weather/lighting mods that don't destroy my performance? I can run the game with maxed enb settings and huge textures perfectly but as soon as I install a weather mod I'm down to a few frames per second.

Funky See Funky Do fucked around with this message at 12:00 on May 24, 2014

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Yeah I've tried running it via FOMM, GUI and the other one. No dice.

Edit: Fixed it. There was a problem with my connection. Resetting the router worked.

Edit 2: Are there any weather/lighting mods that don't destroy my performance? I can run the game with maxed enb settings and huge textures perfectly but as soon as I install a weather mod I'm down to a few frames per second.

I don't know about your specific problems but did you try Nevada Skies? It doesn't destroy my performance, but I also don't bother with ENBSeries.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

I don't know about your specific problems but did you try Nevada Skies? It doesn't destroy my performance, but I also don't bother with ENBSeries.

Yeah. I think what's happening is that a lighting/weather mod adds a lot of stuff for ENB to process. I can live without rad storms!

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

I tried Nevada Skies recently and something got screwed up, cause the weather never stopped. 24/7 dust storms got a bit old after the first hour of constantly waiting for it to clear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

I always immediately turn off sandstorms and radstorms. The rain and snow are nice, but the weather that totally shuts down your gameplay until it's over I don't have time for.