Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

God what a chill and cute manga

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
:geno:-cat is the best anime cat. I hope that in the next chapter we get to see bear, cat, and frog all together.

EDIT:

On another cat-related note: Two new chapters of Donyatsu

The manzai chapter is actually hilarious! I just cracked up at how Donyatsu kept misunderstanding and adding to that guy's name.

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 03:10 on May 16, 2014

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

.Clash posted:

New Flying Witch wanted to meet that bear.

That cat's faces were great.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Wanna hang out with that catte.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

gnome7 posted:

It was mentioned a few posts up, but I'm going to make a serious post for Can't See Can't Hear But Love. It's not quite as absurd as some of the other stuff in this thread, but it's still pretty excellent, occasional weird translation issues aside. So what's this thing about?

Well, first off, we've got this guy, known by Sunsengnim/Teacher, on the right. He was a very successful manga author, right up until the day he became completely blind. His real name is mostly hidden. On the left is his wife, Sori. She's a hard-working, energetic, and playful woman who also happens to be deaf. The manga explores the difficulties they have in getting through their daily life, complete with a host of other characters with all their own problems.

I can't even mention any defining traits about the side characters without going into spoilers, so I won't. I'll just say that there are characters you will love, characters you will want to punch, and every single one of them has a tragic backstory that will probably make you cry.

Even the dog.

The series is still ongoing, and I highly recommend it. I don't think it's quite wacky enough for that "What the gently caress am I reading" part, but it'll definitely trigger "and why can't I stop."

Hi. I was just reading this thread from the top to find new stuff and I read this all today and I just wanted to say:

Fuuuuck you dude. This is way too much and where it's left off right now is way too critical of a point. My heart can't take it.

I know replying to a two year old post about a manga that doesn't fit the category isn't proper thread protocol so I also read through Sumire and Seki! Good stuff there, and I've got Flying Witch on the docket because the one page I saw looked neat.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

kidcoelacanth posted:

Hi. I was just reading this thread from the top to find new stuff and I read this all today and I just wanted to say:

Fuuuuck you dude. This is way too much and where it's left off right now is way too critical of a point. My heart can't take it.

I know replying to a two year old post about a manga that doesn't fit the category isn't proper thread protocol so I also read through Sumire and Seki! Good stuff there, and I've got Flying Witch on the docket because the one page I saw looked neat.

The worst part is it's been on hiatus for over a year now. We've been stuck on this cliffhanger for so long.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

gnome7 posted:

The worst part is it's been on hiatus for over a year now. We've been stuck on this cliffhanger for so long.

Guess what! (Crossposting from the Korean Manwha thread)

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Since the original thread fell into archives...

Who's up for crushing desperation (Can't see can't hear but love)Ch 76?

loving president.

You're welcome :smithicide:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

gnome7 posted:

Well, gently caress me :negative:

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~
I'm not sure why Can't Hear Can't See is being discussed in this thread, though. What I read of it (I haven't yet caught up) seemed fairly mundane if rather soap operaish.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Kaja Rainbow posted:

I'm not sure why Can't Hear Can't See is being discussed in this thread, though. What I read of it (I haven't yet caught up) seemed fairly mundane if rather soap operaish.

I haven't the faintest clue! :confused:

Anyways, glad you enjoyed Sumire and Seki-Kun, kidcoelacanth. It's always so nice to see another new face get sucked into the charm of surreal daily life mangas. :getin:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Kaja Rainbow posted:

It has had it's own thread and was being discussed over in the Shoujo and Romance thread before that was created, so if anyone still wants to talk about it that spot works too. Or the Korean manwha thread would probably work as well. I dunno, i ain't the thread police!

DrSunshine posted:

I haven't the faintest clue! :confused:
It got mentioned on page two.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
New Truthism!

He really didn't think that through :haw:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
That chapter was kind of strange. Like, not surreal/absurd but just kind of paced/storyboarded weirdly.

coathat
May 21, 2007

The stories in this collection keep getting better and better. http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/the-dragons-seven-adorable-children-r10172

It's a shame more of her stuff isn't getting translated.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

That chapter was kind of strange. Like, not surreal/absurd but just kind of paced/storyboarded weirdly.

I felt the same way. It's almost as if I was reading a stilted translation, but that wasn't the case.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

New Truthism!

He really didn't think that through :haw:
But... wait. They're tiny aliens in battery-powered human-sized robots. What is the point of exercise? How is it exhausting?

Still a drat cute manga.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Squidster posted:

But... wait. They're tiny aliens in battery-powered human-sized robots. What is the point of exercise? How is it exhausting?

Still a drat cute manga.

Robots doing calisthenics is a time-honored tradition going back to Gunbuster, I'll have you know!

It was an enjoyable chapter of Truthism, as usual. I didn't think it was too badly-paced, but the translation is still pretty dodgy.

coathat posted:

The stories in this collection keep getting better and better. http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/the-dragons-seven-adorable-children-r10172

I read the first chapter of this -- thanks for linking it! I enjoyed what I saw, with the two warring kingdoms learning to set aside their differences and all. Also it was a really interesting take on what a "dragon" was.

Burnt Poffin
Oct 10, 2012

Squidster posted:

On this page he says they "experience the same sensation". Maybe their cockpit seats are wired so that their little alien bodies receive a simulation of whatever activity the robot bodies are doing, from manipulating things with their hands, to full-blown exercise.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

coathat posted:

This is really good. Thanks for sharing!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

In the latest chapter of PSI Saiki Kusuo we find out what his only weakness is.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Squidster posted:

Still a drat cute manga.

Haven't any of you dangnabbed nerds ever watched Evangelion

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

AnonSpore posted:

Haven't any of you dangnabbed nerds ever watched Evangelion

Sorry, too surreal.

EDIT: Also, two new Centaur's Life chapters were just posted.

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 15:57 on May 21, 2014

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

What is that thing, exactly? Some kind of light-emitting diode?

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

DrSunshine posted:

What is that thing, exactly? Some kind of light-emitting diode?

That would be my guess. Replacing the light bulb to denote a sudden inspiration. Which, come to think of it, I don't think I've ever seen done.

Also :3:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Okay guys, I've been reading this manga for a while and is so loving weird that it certainly qualifies for this thread:

Nekogurui Minako-san

Is the touching story of a girl

and her cat

Chapters are really short (a few pages each) and the translation on the first ones don't have a great edit but the whole thing is so utterly WEIRD that I can't stop reading. :stare:

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 15:48 on May 23, 2014

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

What the gently caress is this poo poo, and why can't I stop reading it?! :stare:

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Having read all of it I feel loving violated at how loving batshit crazy this thing gets

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I didn't think it was possible but that's more disturbing than the Junji Ito cat manga.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
Whole new meaning to the whole "Crazy Cat Lady" thing, isn't it? :stonk:

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Hmm that sure is weird as in fetish more than weird surreal. Did you miss the pages where the cat is drawn as an 8-year old girl not wearing pants (most of them) instead of one where the cat is drawn as a cat (like 6 of them)? Because making a recommendation showing a picture of the latter is pretty misleading.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Fellis posted:

Hmm that sure is weird as in fetish more than weird surreal. Did you miss the pages where the cat is drawn as an 8-year old girl not wearing pants (most of them) instead of one where the cat is drawn as a cat (like 6 of them)? Because making a recommendation showing a picture of the latter is pretty misleading.

I got tricked by this too, don't read this manga unless you happen to like moe girls making orgasm faces. :geno:

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

the tonal shifts are glorious as always, now from

to

in the same chapter

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Fellis posted:

:thejoke:

And I didn't put another image because it would've gave the twist:

I still think that is really fuckiing weird.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

It just looks like incomprehensible crap to me.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Oh my god! What's gonna happen to Kusuo now that someone's found out his secret?! C-Could this be the beginning of the arc that sees this manga transform into a battle manga?!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I'm not sure I like the direction Uwagaki is taking. I think I'd prefer that the weird supernatural professor guy just stay an enigma rather than bringing in ~foreign secret agents~ to capture him because he has a dark past or some poo poo

edit: ah wait poo poo, was this the thread I started reading it from? I forget, and it seems like the last few pages have no mention of it. I keep getting these "collected genre" threads mixed up. :v:

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 00:38 on May 29, 2014

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

I'm not sure I like the direction Uwagaki is taking. I think I'd prefer that the weird supernatural professor guy just stay an enigma rather than bringing in ~foreign secret agents~ to capture him because he has a dark past or some poo poo

edit: ah wait poo poo, was this the thread I started reading it from? I forget, and it seems like the last few pages have no mention of it. I keep getting these "collected genre" threads mixed up. :v:

I watch this thread like a hawk, and I don't recall Uwagaki being mentioned -- it's not very surreal. Could you have been thinking of "Faces of a Double Star" instead? It might have been in the Seinen or the Shoujo/Romance threads, though.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Captain Invictus posted:

Well, I just came here to see if anyone had posted the latest Uwagaki so :v:

Seinen thread then? It's definitely a surreal premise but the manga is just typical and not daily surreal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

tbh the distinctions between threads is kinda arbitrary and I think it's dumb to police what goes in what thread, so long as you're not posting like Kimi No Todoke in the historical fiction thread.

• Locked thread