Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Texas A. Wreckus
Aug 20, 2006

Welcome to the OVal Office
The #5 Golden Eaqles continue their improbable (and admittedly lucky) undefeated run as they move to 7-0 with a 42-14 victory over the Demon Deacons.

I'll be in Denver until next Tuesday, so I prefer we hold off on the advance after this next advance so I can get my game in. I'll be checking the thread updates on the app tho in case that may be a problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Slywalker13 posted:

I can support that. I can also do tomorrow evening if you prefer.

Nah tonight is fine, tentatively say 930 CT.

Texas A. Wreckus posted:

The #5 Golden Eaqles continue their improbable (and admittedly lucky) undefeated run as they move to 7-0 with a 42-14 victory over the Demon Deacons.

I'll be in Denver until next Tuesday, so I prefer we hold off on the advance after this next advance so I can get my game in. I'll be checking the thread updates on the app tho in case that may be a problem.

P sure you play me next where your streak will end :smug: So no worries on that.

MAkev
Dec 15, 2003

Killed my sensei in a duel and I'll never say why.

John Brown posted:

See you in 30mins?

Tomorrow?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

MAkev posted:

Tomorrow?

Let's try for Wednesday at 9pm CT.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I will have to live with this title since I am too cheap to buy a new one.
VT over UNC 38-31 in an "exciting" game of run, run, run, pass to the go route that got a good release off press coverage for a huge gain/TD. I was hoping for a bit more exciting of a game after back to back 3 and outs to open the game. I feel like it was your pass rush that basically decided the game, I think it caused both my punts. That and a nice call on your final third down to seal it. I sold out pretty big on an option and think I would of had it covered, should have seen it coming as you never take so long to snap the ball. Oh well, good game. Most satisfying loss I've had in a while.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Goddamn, dude, most people don't take VT that close, let alone drop 31 on them.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Wait until you see what I do to that defense.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Slywalker13 posted:

VT over UNC 38-31 in an "exciting" game of run, run, run, pass to the go route that got a good release off press coverage for a huge gain/TD. I was hoping for a bit more exciting of a game after back to back 3 and outs to open the game. I feel like it was your pass rush that basically decided the game, I think it caused both my punts. That and a nice call on your final third down to seal it. I sold out pretty big on an option and think I would of had it covered, should have seen it coming as you never take so long to snap the ball. Oh well, good game. Most satisfying loss I've had in a while.

You definitely got the better of some of my more regular aggressive calls, and I'd agree it was an "exciting" game in that I couldn't decisively put you away until the 4th quarter, but honestly I never felt like I was in trouble of surrendering the lead after I got the TD on the first play of the 3rd quarter to put me up 10. The pass rush was good, and I still don't have a great answer for the counter play...really need to do some research on that one. Once again the key to me winning is forcing a few 3rd and long obvious passing downs where my pass rush can really press home. Lots of scores in the red zone, I really made you work for it once you got down close, which hurt you at the end of the game as I drew out your last possession long enough to make it possible for me to bleed out the clock.

You keep talking JB, we shall see, I've got some of my confidence against you back after our B1G game. This is legitimately my fastest Hokie squad yet. I only need a couple stops/turnovers. I'm definitely excited for our next match even if it costs me the Coastal. Sly will prb give you a good run for your money too, squad might have 2 losses, but it ain't a bad team.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 05:13 on May 20, 2014

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Just adding a little smoke to the hype train.

Honestly, next season will true be the best team I've ever built in any iteration of NCAA. Hopefully most of your squad is still around for that.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

Just adding a little smoke to the hype train.

Honestly, next season will true be the best team I've ever built in any iteration of NCAA. Hopefully most of your squad is still around for that.

Vast majority of my team should still be around, by season after next the team will be almost entirely recruited players. I'm genuinely excited for us to play far enough into the game to have totally new teams.

MAkev
Dec 15, 2003

John Brown posted:

Let's try for Wednesday at 9pm CT.

Sounds good to me

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

MAkev posted:

Sounds good to me

If you'd like I can play tonight. Starting now I'm free for the rest of the day.

MAkev
Dec 15, 2003

John Brown posted:

If you'd like I can play tonight. Starting now I'm free for the rest of the day.

Sorry, didn't see this yesterday. I'm on and ready whenever you are

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I'm out eating with a friend.

How late can you play tonight?

MAkev
Dec 15, 2003

John Brown posted:

I'm out eating with a friend.

How late can you play tonight?

I should be home all night so whenever. I'll try to be on xbox live and check the thread periodically

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Headed home now. See you in about 10mins

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I'm gonna hop in the shower and should be back on at 9pm PST/11pm CT.

If by that time I don't see you online, or that you've responded, I'll go to bed and we'll just have to try another day.

MAkev
Dec 15, 2003

John Brown posted:

I'm gonna hop in the shower and should be back on at 9pm PST/11pm CT.

If by that time I don't see you online, or that you've responded, I'll go to bed and we'll just have to try another day.

Cool I'm on, I'll just be playing forza until you get on

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

gently caress this game. This is the best team I've ever had and it can't block, get a pass rush, or make a play on the ball.

What's the point of having ratings if they don't equate to poo poo?

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Yeah...but you still won handily?

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
JB's just frustrated because he knows that with FSU coming to town next week he needs to pick his game up.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

The Piper posted:

JB's just frustrated because he knows that with FSU coming to town next week he needs to pick his game up.

Then VT after that, his road to multiple losses in a season is rapidly approaching.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I have 97OVR DE who can't generate pressure unless I'm playing him or another dlineman. I'll fix the lack of picks by switching to the DBs and playing them myself.

The only team I'm worried about is VT.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Dio you're the only one left, needing to play the now decrepit corpse of Clemson. When do you think you can get it in?

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Hopefully tonight, worst case tomorrow.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

Hopefully tonight, worst case tomorrow.

No big I'd just like to advance by around when we play our B1G game.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I tried to play it last night but EA servers were down when I tried. When I get a chance today I will knock it out

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Piper, I should be free for most of Sunday and Monday. Let me know what works for you.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

NCSU over Clemson. I rang up 450+ rushing yds and only like 100 passing yds and no turnovers, so a good game. R2A

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Advanced.

User Games:
VT vs BC #Top5Match
Miami vs FSU #Top3Match
UNC vs NCSU #12v13Rivalry

Texas, I'm around all of tonight and most of tomorrow so just lemme know if you can play this weekend.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

John Brown posted:

Piper, I should be free for most of Sunday and Monday. Let me know what works for you.

My Sunday and Monday are pretty booked. I could play Monday night around 8 or 9 or any night later in the week.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Let's try for Monday around 9pm CT. I'll let you know if that changes.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Sly how is Monday for you?

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I will have to live with this title since I am too cheap to buy a new one.

Diodeous posted:

Sly how is Monday for you?

I'm out of town until the following Tuesday unless I come back for work urgently. I'd of course be delighted if we waited for me but that is a long time and my season is lost at this point so if I'm put on AP I won't be butt hurt.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Piper, are we still on for tonight?

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

John Brown posted:

Piper, are we still on for tonight?

Yep.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Welp! I was gonna let you know that I'd be a bit late but I left my phone at home when I ran to the store.

I'm on now

Texas A. Wreckus
Aug 20, 2006

Welcome to the OVal Office

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Advanced.

User Games:
VT vs BC #Top5Match
Miami vs FSU #Top3Match
UNC vs NCSU #12v13Rivalry

Texas, I'm around all of tonight and most of tomorrow so just lemme know if you can play this weekend.

I'm back I'll be on the next two nights

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Texas A. Wreckus posted:

I'm back I'll be on the next two nights

Okay dude, let's shoot for tomorrow night then! Say 7 CT?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

By the way, Miami over FSU 31-17.

I was going to complain about Piper's complete sell out of run commit until Duke broke a few long runs. There lied his concern.

• Locked thread