Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
If that isn't a joke:

Christ, what an rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Blackheart posted:

"I waited 18 years to do this!"

Hasblow just keeps making them smaller and smaller!

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

DoctorWhat posted:

If that isn't a joke:

Christ, what an rear end in a top hat.

From the background it was taken at a store, so I fear it's a real deal.

Yup, this fandom has some tremendous assholes on it.

e: GIVE ME YOUR OREOS!

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 23:12 on May 19, 2014

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

ForeverSmug posted:

I love how third party chat is consistently "this toy is better than anything hasblow would make" and "you better be careful and not transform it very often because it'll break in half if you look at it wrong" and those two ideas never ever meet.

I love third party stuff, but when its fans go wrong, they really get twisted and weird. It's like high-octane capitalism: the unspoken assumption is that it's their privilege as a fan with extra money to have the very concrete shape of the abstract form of desire in their hands, and if anything is not just right, then the entire ordeal is worthless. Everyone is so invested in their own concept of the fandom that any designer intent with a toy is immediately disregarded as extraneous.

I get it, they are putting up a bunch of cash for this poo poo. At the same time, I wish they would shut the gently caress up already and just post more pictures of cool toys.

Edit: I hope it's clear that I like everybody here and I enjoy when we talk about our different aesthetics. I am being pissy about the tfw forums.

Captain Magic fucked around with this message at 23:17 on May 19, 2014

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Back in the Alternator days I was always worried I'd take one home and find out it was a Bburago or Maisto model swapped in. Not that those aren't cool too.

The first movie wave is out here. I guess I'm not buying any! None of them really interested me, even the dinobots. Evasion Prime looks like a neat transformation, I might pick him up if he gets an interesting repaint.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Dude Slog and Scorn are mad cool, buy them and they will grow on you tremendously.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I see repackages all the time. I was at Target once and all the Marvel Universe 2-packs had been repacked with dirty GI Joes replacing at least one figure.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Speaking of third party stuff, OH MY!

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

I know I'm dumb, but who is that supposed to be? Tarantulas?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Scorpinok

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
So if one wanted an AOE Grimlock, is there a clear winner between the Voyager and the Leader? The TFW review threads are an incomprehensible mess of people saying both are superior/sub-firecon level terrible.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Back as a kid in G1 I LOVED the insecticons, both regular and deluxe, but for some reason Scorponok never interested me. I guess Trypticon looked way cooler to me.

Not that I ever even saw either in person, but boy did I like looking at them on the toy catalogs.

Why cookie Rocket posted:

So if one wanted an AOE Grimlock, is there a clear winner between the Voyager and the Leader? The TFW review threads are an incomprehensible mess of people saying both are superior/sub-firecon level terrible.

To me it'd be the voyager, I think it looks cool in T-rex mode (unlike the leader) and the robot mode is neat enough. I'll have to give him a new weapon, which is easy enough since those construct-bots I bought earlier are an arsenal of cool 5mm peg weapons for everybody. Like docwhat says below this post, the standard transformation does leave him with gorilla arms but the hands do swivel if you detach a bit of the kibble.

Note that I don't own either Grimlock yet, I was waiting for the platinum "tupac" to be available but sadly it's a toys'r'us exclusive and those never, ever find their way over here.

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 00:59 on May 20, 2014

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

The Voyager has a better dino mode despite its oversize head, just by virtue of not having its legs waaaay too far towards the tail. The Voyager DOES have the problem of kinda-sorta having Gorilla Arms, in that the wrist swivel locks in robot mode, and unlocking it brings a ton of kibble along for the ride.

That's all I know.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Optimus doesn't even eat it, he just gets his strength from stealing food out of the hands of children :allears:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

3 posted:

Optimus doesn't even eat it, he just gets his strength from stealing food out of the hands of children :allears:

Terry's gonna have a field day.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

3 posted:

Transformers: Age of Theft

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

I think the AOE leader Grimlock has been universally panned. Even peaugh hated it, and he's nice about almost everything.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
He's just going to crush it in his unyielding metal grip, too. More like "Age of Hydrox-tinction"

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Neither is particularly great, but I'd say the Voyager is better in terms of least problems plus better price point. At the very least, it has the better T-Rex mode, which is what a Dinobot is generally all about.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

therealjon_ posted:

Ah Perfect Effect. It will only cost ~$599 and be composed of a billion small parts and accesories.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Who wants to spend $125 on a G1 painted AOE Grimlock?

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK11900&mode=retail

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

It would be funny if Grimlock's robot mode in the movie turns out to be similar to the Flip & Change toys more than the Generations ones. This happened with Long Haul in ROTF, where the Fast Action Battler is more screen accurate than the voyager.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

I'm not usually one to believe the BBTS price-gouging accusations but, uh...that's pretty ridiculous.

Then again, if the GEEWUNners will pay it, why the hell not?

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
GEEWUNners will pay it, let them have it. It's good for hasbro and tomy in the end.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
It's going to be a real kick in the pants when they're released for like 13 bucks for America in Generations.

YES EXTRA PAINT APPS ARE WORTH THE 112 EXTRA DOLLARS!! :black101:

I'm really thinking that at this point since they've shown all of them that Slag,Slug,Swoop and Snarl are going to come in a Platinum giftset or something. Maybe it will include Scorn and Slash too since 6 bots is the maximum that the platinum releases have come with?

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 04:04 on May 20, 2014

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

A lot of fans will forgive anything takara does (like selling the new version of Battle Blade Bumblebee as a voyager, since it's kinda big) while accusing hasblow of being literally hitler if they did the same.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Speaking of Hasbro being hitler, why didn't anyone know that Undermine, Wreckloose, and Backstop had resurfaced but this time on an official Generations card?

Looks like nobody's generations collection shall be complete without Backstop and Wreckloose(undermine is a straight re-release again).

But I'm gonna be mad if Rhinox becomes Voyager backstop. That and why not re-release a bunch of the other scouts as market 6 dudes and give them better paint jobs. Like that axed green and white Breacher.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 06:02 on May 20, 2014

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Current series Generations cards? Any deco differences or just the same as back in 2010?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I saw the movie leader classes in a store for the first time today, for anyone who's bought leader Prime, are his arms mis-transformed in the box or do they really sit that far forward on his torso? I'm on the fence about that figure, and it looks like his shoulder joints are almost even with the front of his chest. But considering how crunched up the deluxe dinos were in their packages I'm wondering if it's just an issue of box space.

Also I'm really surprised how similar Hasbro made the packaging for all the sublines, every store I've seen has seen the conventional deluxes and the simplified deluxes all mixed together, and a lot of them have the non-transforming shampoo bottle figures above the price tags for the voyager and leader classes. I pity the parents and grandparents looking for a certain figure.

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

therealjon_ posted:

Oh.

Oh great. Thanks for not announcing this BEFORE the loving Botcon sets went on sale.

Assholes.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Other posted:

Current series Generations cards? Any deco differences or just the same as back in 2010?

They look the same as the 2010-2011. Backstop and Wreckloose are the ones who were repainted and undermine remains the same. Transformerland amd TF2005 both have them listed under the Generations collection.

I'm still looking for the rumored redone classics legends guys from universe 2.0. There's Bumblebee and a rumored Prime and Starscream from RTS.

but I'm hoping that a Dollar store Cosmos or Brawn Shows up just like how America got 2 guys out of the 8 pack Euro exclusive minicons in the market six exclusives for Generations without warning.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

JediTalentAgent posted:

He's just going to crush it in his unyielding metal grip, too. More like "Age of Hydrox-tinction"

The joke's on you, Hydrox is already extinct.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

therealjon_ posted:

I wonder which one will be more expensive, this or the Botcon one. That said, I'm glad I didn't drop four bills on the set this year.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Well Warden was what? About $150? I'm gonna say $200 because I think if they go above that they will lose a subsctancial amount of buyers.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Because I am a fool with far too much disposable income, I now have MP Ratbat*, the first Ratbat I've ever had. He's really rather brilliant, the whole cassette gang are like some kind of magic trick of how to take a tiny rectangle and make something nifty and cool out of it but drat, Ratbat and Lazerbeak are just in a league of their own. I hope they do Blaster and his crew some point soon, cassettebots are the best bots.

(*Soundblaster's not too shabby either)

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Why would you not get Soundblaster, when clearly black, gold, silver and red is the superior color combination.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Ka0 posted:

Why would you not get Soundblaster, when clearly black, gold, silver and red is the superior color combination.

Uh, Soundblaster? Who even is that. Is that a Japanese-only thing? :v: is that, Soundwave and Blaster's loveprotoform?

This coming from the guy who loves the Year of the Horse MP-10 color scheme.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

MP Grimlock spotted at a TX Toys R Us!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

therealjon_ posted:

MP Grimlock spotted at a TX Toys R Us!

What's the official price?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

$59.99 and the scalpers are going apeshit.