Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Where would Commander Keen fit into this timeline?
Commander Keen is BJ when he was a kid. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Meowbot posted:

I am very excited for this game. I have probably put well over 365+ days of my life into playing just Quake and Doom. I have played a lot of Wolfenstein as much but it isn't my go to FPS. I could go into a rant about how all newer story based first person shooters are bad but it is way beyond that at this point. I just hope this is a good loving run around and kill everything game that I've been waiting a very long time for (I didn't much care for the new shadow warrior or ROTT).

The initial trailer looked so good and made it appear that the story is going to be pretty half decent. The gameplay looks phenomenal and I can't wait to try this on my computer I just built a few months ago. The only part that sucks is that it isn't out yet and I got to wait to play it some more. Good to see it is getting good reviews.

Very excited for Doom as well but well the movie and Doom 3 happened since so I have a hard time believing they can go back to doing what made the original so great. It isn't hard really guys. It is not that loving hard to make a good first person shooter and it is the most infuriating thing on the planet that no one can get it right.
yeah. i guess starbreez jr is making doom, and if they can make wolfenstein as compelling and dark as i have seen in streams, i'd love to see how they would make doom.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
For the completely computer illiterate, how does one connect to a VPN? Or is that talk frowned upon?

Edit: I guess its more of a question is any random VPN safe?

Broose fucked around with this message at 02:09 on May 20, 2014

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
My copy just shipped! God I am so excited.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Elliotw2 posted:

UK should work.

Trying FlyVPN's trial now. No UK servers but it seems to be working from the Spanish one. Fingers crossed that the 20-minute time limit won't cause an issue with the decryption.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

PAnick posted:

We put up our soundtrack on spotify:

http://open.spotify.com/album/1plNiBcLcLXdC2wec2t2rX

Also we got these delivered to us today at work.

...just too bad I don't have an LP record player.

Want that House of the Rising Sun so bad. Such a great song.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
FlyVPN is a piece of poo poo and I wish people stopped recommending that crap. Last time I checked you had to jump through a ton of hoops to create a free account on it like "post this on facebook and twitter" bs.

Go to https://www.privatetunnel.com/

download the vpn client, make a free account which takes 10 seconds, connect to UK from the client and restart steam > unlock > launch game > disconnect from vpn, done.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

keyframe posted:

FlyVPN is a piece of poo poo and I wish people stopped recommending that crap. Last time I checked you had to jump through a ton of hoops to create a free account on it like "post this on facebook and twitter" bs.

Go to https://www.privatetunnel.com/

download the vpn client, make a free account which takes 10 seconds, connect to UK from the client and restart steam > unlock > launch game > disconnect from vpn, done.

I'm pretty sure you just download it and put in the trial account details they list on the website because that's what I did. No account creation necessary. You might be out of date.

Scissorfighter
Oct 7, 2007

With all rocks and papers vanquished, they turn on eachother...

Mouse smoothing is set to off by default but is still happening. Does not bode well for port quality.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Elliotw2 posted:

Remember, this is iD tech, so it's OpenGL, so AMD is going to run it like crap/crash until they can hack together working drivers. Nvidia owners should have far less issues.

I remember trying to get a refund for RAGE when it came out on the grounds of "poo poo's broken" but the Steam rep said no. :(

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Yaos posted:

Commander Keen is BJ when he was a kid. :psyduck:

BJ's grandson.

Scissorfighter
Oct 7, 2007

Not sure if this is due to the vpn early unlocking (doubtful) but I've had 2 freezes so far. One upon selecting difficulty and one a minute into the opening cutscene. I hope this isn't another opengl clusterfuck. I have nvidia now!

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Scissorfighter posted:

Not sure if this is due to the vpn early unlocking (doubtful) but I've had 2 freezes so far. One upon selecting difficulty and one a minute into the opening cutscene. I hope this isn't another opengl clusterfuck. I have nvidia now!

That happened to me too but haven't encountered that aside from those two.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

People that are already playing the game. Does it support aspect ratios other than 16:9 without letterboxing?
I'm getting sick of games that letterbox everything that isn't 16:9.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
Easter egg spotted: Quake 3 rocket launcher on keychain in suicide car.

Been fun so far. Runs very well on my pc. (4670k i5 & nvidia 570gtx) I'm having a ton of problems with the slide mechanic. That and the prone key combination.

Floor is lava fucked around with this message at 03:13 on May 20, 2014

Scissorfighter
Oct 7, 2007

Tried changing to a single monitor to see if it'd let me play. The result was an extremely low, unchangeable resolution and it being set to my 769th monitor which apparently has a lot of pixels.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

For those of us still waiting (I don't really want to gently caress with a VPN but I just might)-a new interview with one of the directors is up: http://gamecrate.newegg.com/wolfenstein-new-order-interview-narrative-story-music-1960s/

Honestly nothing really new but it's something, and a very short read, anyway.

Also, for anyone that is playing now on PC, do any of you have a Radeon? My card was the lowest recommended (6850) so I'm not expecting to play on Ultra settings or anything, I'm mostly worried about what someone said earlier about AMD cards being poo poo on the Rage engine? Any news/word on that?

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Humerus posted:

Also, for anyone that is playing now on PC, do any of you have a Radeon? My card was the lowest recommended (6850) so I'm not expecting to play on Ultra settings or anything, I'm mostly worried about what someone said earlier about AMD cards being poo poo on the Rage engine? Any news/word on that?

As far as I know it's just the way it is since PC master race messiah John Carmack hates direct 3d.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I'm finishing up unlocking the game so I haven't tested yet, but I'd expect if there are any problems they'll be minor because of the driver work done for RAGE compatibility. Obviously the engine isn't exactly the same, but I doubt the changes to it were major enough to completely blow up like RAGE did at launch.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

I'm finishing up unlocking the game so I haven't tested yet, but I'd expect if there are any problems they'll be minor because of the driver work done for RAGE compatibility. Obviously the engine isn't exactly the same, but I doubt the changes to it were major enough to completely blow up like RAGE did at launch.

Don't worry. In 7 hours when my game finishes unlocking, I can tell you all how the game runs on my i5/7950.

I imagine the answer will be "60 fps maxxed out", but who knows!

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

For Nvidia folks, there's the customary beta driver release to grab. It includes and SLI profile for Wolfenstein, but probably also has a bit more specific tuning for it.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
How big is the actual steam download? Is it the 40.7 gigs Steam is suggesting or is that it's footprint on the hard drive?

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Gough Suppressant posted:

How big is the actual steam download? Is it the 40.7 gigs Steam is suggesting or is that it's footprint on the hard drive?

It's 40 gigs, and it's going to take me 12 hours to fully download it on my alright but not great connection that can usually download 4-7 gigs in an hour.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Where would Commander Keen fit into this timeline?

Well the Cyber-Demon would have messed with Keen, but during his timeline it was devoured and held in the belly of the Dopefish for about 100 years.

So from what little I saw from the last Beth Stream, I think I can expect some corrupted Kabbalistic (sorry if this is the wrong term, I'm not sure who in mythology makes a golem beside a rabbi) magic?

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 04:04 on May 20, 2014

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

Well I started a VPN to unlock early and it seems unpacking takes a lot more space than advertised. I had ~60GB free yesterday, downloaded the whole game (40.7) and now it's stopped unpacking and I have around 30 MB free on my SSD. It turns out I had Mass Effect 3 still installed on my SSD so I'm about to free up 20 GB, and hopefully that will be enough.

Edit: once finished unpacking, the folder takes up ~44 GB :psyduck:
Edit edit: and it keeps freezing on launch...I just get a white screen.

Humerus fucked around with this message at 04:25 on May 20, 2014

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

In celebration of the launch of Wolfenstein: The New Order, I might as well post up my completely ridiculous Weird War II library.

Weird War II stuff tends to span a few broad sub-genres:

- Occult: factions of the war engaging in "dark arts" in order to harness supernatural powers for various purposes. Summoning demons from hell, acquiring holy relics, attempting to access other dimensions, or using other forms of "arcane knowledge", etc. Some of this has basis in fact - Nazi Germany had several occult groups of which many prominent Nazi officials were members, and they legitimately believed they could tap into hidden knowledge of the supernatural in order to help them win the war. Expeditions were actually sent to locate relics around the world.

- Super-science: Scientific breakthroughs were plentiful during the war, but what if the factions were equipping really weird poo poo? Particle weapons, teleportation, flying saucers, time-travel, freakish medical experiments, etc. Again this has some basis in fact - as the war continued (and especially as Germany got more and more desperate) scientists engaged in increasingly off-the-wall experiments and ideas. There was a great deal of experimental technology that didn't get past the drawing board for various reasons - lack of funding, materials, facilities, practicality, or the fact that the war ended and there wasn't a need for it anymore.

- Alternate-history: what if things had played out differently, a different decision was made somewhere that changed the course of the war? What if the Nazis had won the war, what would the world be like today? What if we had been forced to engage in a land-war with Japan? This has a sort of sub-category to it as well:

- Conspiracy-theory: did Hitler *really* commit suicide in his bunker? Have high-ranking Nazis been in positions of power since the war's end? Do we really know everything about the war?

Beyond this, Weird War II stuff tends to fall into one of three types:

- Fiction: exactly what it sounds like. Jetpack-wearing Nazis with deathrays spilling out of UFOs to combat Allied mech-walkers armed with tesla weapons, poo poo like that. The tone can be all over the place, from depressingly apocalyptic to two-fisted pulp-action to nail-biting suspense-thriller and anything in between. Weird War II is broad enough that it can really accommodate any tone or style an author might want to implement.

- Non-fiction: obviously more mundane than fiction, but not necessarily less interesting. Historical accounts of expeditions to recover holy relics, technical discussions of war-time breakthroughs, thought experiments about alternate courses of the war with an eye for historical accuracy and plausability, etc

- "Non-fiction": alternative-publisher accounts of war-time activities, basically likely-fiction written as if it's non-fiction. Conspiracy theories about postwar Nazi organizations, Nazi contact with extraterrestrials, government coverups of secret experiments, stuff that the authors really want you to believe because it'll completely destroy everything you thought you knew about the world. Even if it's totally bonkers, it's still fun to think about.

Here's a ridiculous list of the myriad stuff I've got, listed with title and author:

Books
Fiction
Alternate History
1945, Newt Gingrich & William R Forstchen
Adolf Hitler's Plot for World War Three, Tomas Voigt *
Adolf in Wonderland, Carlton Mellick III
The Afrika Reich, Guy Saville
After Dachau, Daniel Quinn
Aftermath, Ladislas Farago
Against the Day, Michael Cronin
All Evil Shed Away, Archie Roy
American Under Attack: An Alternative History of World War Two, Jeff Kildow *
rear end Goblins of Auschwitz, Cameron Pierce
Axis of Time: Weapons of Choice, John Birmingham
Axis of Time: Designated Targets, John Birmingham
Axis of Time: Final Impact, John Birmingham
Bitter Seeds, Ian Tregillis
Borrowed Time, David Rose *
Budspy, David Dvorkin
A Change of Regime, J. N. Stroyar
ChangingUniverse: SS World, Terrance Dicks
The Children's War, J. N. Stroyar
Clash of Eagles, Leo Rutman
Collaborator, Murray Davies
Cracken at Critical, Brian W. Aldiss
Das Death, Luis Samways **
Declare, Tim Powers
The Devil's Gold, Steve Berry *
The Divide, William Overgard
Fatherland, Robert Harris
Fox on the Front, Douglas Niles & Michael Dobson
Fox on the Rhine, Douglas Niles & Michael Dobson
Free Zone, Charles Platt
Glow, Richard Robertson **
Gotterdammerung, Grey Wolf *
Himmler's War, Robert Conroy
Hitler Invades England, George Crall **
Hitler Victorious, Gregory Benford & Martin Harry Greenberg
Hitler's Ashes: How Hitler's Assassination Leads to the Development of Germany's Atomic Bomb, John T. Cox
The Illuminatus! Trilogy, Robert Shea & Robert Anton Wilson
In the Morning, Michael Cronin
In the Presence of Mine Enemies, Harry Turtledove
The Iron Dream, Norman Spinrad **
Knights of the White Camelia: The Evolution of the Fourth Reich, James Hester
The Leader, Guy Walters
Making History, Stephen Fry
The Man in the High Castle, Philip K Dick
The Man with the Iron Heart, Harry Turtledove
Moon of Ice, Brad Linaweaver
North Reich, Robert Conroy *
Order of the Black Sun, Jack Follett *
Origin, Alexander Julien *
Pax Brtiannia: El Sombre, Al Ewing
Pax Britannia: Gods of Manhattan, Al Ewing
Pax Britannia: Anno Frankenstein, Jonathan Green
Pax Britannia: Pax Omega, Al Ewing
The Plot Against America, Philip Roth
The Proteus Operation, James P. Hogan
Retromancer, Robert Rankin
The Second Great War, Alex Night *
Seelowe Nord, Andy Johnson
Sideslip, Ted White, Dave Van Arnam
Sniper Elite: Target Hitler, Scott K. Andrews *
The Sound of His Horn, Sarban
SS-GB, Len Deighton
Swastika Night, Katherine Burdekin
Tannhauser: Operation Night Eagle, Blaine Lee Pardoe
Through the Night, Michael Cronin
Time's Tapestry: Weaver, Stephen Baxter
Timewyrm: Exodus, Terrance Dicks
To Say Nothing of the Dog, Connie Willis
Two Dooms, C. M. Cornbluth
The Ultimate Solution, Eric Norden
War in the West, Brian Clarke *
Wolf Hunt: The Burning Ages, Sebastian P. Breit
Worldwar: In the Balance, Harry Turtledove
Worldwar: Tilting the Balance, Harry Turtledove
Worldwar: Upsetting the Balance, Harry Turtledove
Worldwar: Striking the Balance, Harry Turtledove
World War II 1939-1948, Bem Allen
X-men: The Chaos Engine Trilogy: Red Skull, Steven A. Roman

Conspiracy Theory
The Apocalypse Watch, Robert Ludlum
Area 217, Gary Gamage
Axis Mundi, David Saxe
The Berkut, Joseph Heywood
The Bormann Testament, Jack Higgins
The Charlemagne Pursuit, Steve Berry
Edelweiss, Nathan Price **
Fifth Column, Christopher Remy **
The Fourth Reich, Mitchel Matovich **
Fourth Reich Death Squad, Jerry Ahern **
Fourth Reich Rising, Tom Schwartz *
The Fuhrer Document, Jerry Barksdale
A Game for Heroes, Jack Higgins
Hitler: The Last Conspiracy, Revel Barker **
Hitler: The Secret, Spencer Ratcliffe **
The Hitler Diaries, Jim Williams *
The Hitler Project, John Brinling *
The Hitler Virus: The Insidious Legacy of Adolf Hitler, Peter Wyden
Hitler's Treasure of the Ancient World, Wendelle Stevens *
The Holcroft Covenant, Robert Ludlum
In Pursuit of Platinum, Vic Robbie **
The Last Great Secret of the Third Reich, Arthur O. Naujoks, Lee Nelson
Lost Treasure of the Fourth Reich, Barrett J. Clisby *
The Metal Man, Ben Stevens **
The Nazi Conspiracy, Scott Strosahl **
The Odessa File, Frederick Forsyth
The Portage to San Cristobal of A. H, George Steiner
Rising Sons, Michael Kline **
The Seventh Secret, Irving Wallace
Shadow Warrior: Destiny of a Mutant, Larry Townley *
Time Reich, David Healey, *
The Valhalla Exchange, Harry Patterson
The Wewelsburg Covenant, John Braun
Who Will Watch the Watchers, Edwin Fadiman Jr.

Occult/Supernatural
Accursed, G Johanson **
Ahriman's Light, Mike Eldredge
The Agarthi Conspiracy: The Fist of God, M.E. Brines *
The Agarthi Conspiracy: The Unholy Grail, M.E. Brines *
Atlantis God, David Gibbins
The Atrocity Archives, Charles Stross
Black Camelot, Duncan Kyle
Blood of the Reich, William Dietrich
Blood Reich, Brian Jackson **
Blood Tithe, Glenn Soucy *
The British Alien, John Lewis *
Caballistics, Inc.: Hell on Earth, Mike Wild
Codename Richard, Renee Pawlish **
Dagger Magic, Katherine Kurtz & Deborah Turner Harris
Dark Victory, Michele Lang
Death Knell, C. Terry Cline Jr.
Delta Green: Denied to the Enemy, Dennis Detwiller
The Demon Cross, Nathan Shumate **
Demon Reich, T. L. Rice
The Devils of D-Day, Graham Masterson
Division of the Damned, Richard Rhys Jones *
Dogs of War, Steve Ruthenbeck
Ezcape from Sobibor, David Fischler *
Fiends of the Eastern Front, David Bishop
The Fourth Reich, Robert Van Kampen
Gods of Atlantis, David Gibbins
Golem, Greg Vilk
Good and Evil, I.M. Spartacus **
Hardluck Hannigan: Curse of the Kill Devil, Bill Craig
Hardluck Hannigan: River of the Sun, Bill Craig
Hardluck Hannigan: The Spear of Goliath, Bill Craig
Indiana Jones and the Army of the Dead, Steve Perry
Indiana Jones and the Hollow Earth, Max McCoy
Indiana Jones and the Mystery of Mount Sinai, J. W. Rinzler
Indiana Jones and the Pyramid of the Sorcerer, Ryder Windham
The Keep, F. Paul Wilson
Konig's Fire, Marc Schooley
Lady Lazarus, Michele Lang
Lammas Night, Katherine Kurtz
The Lost Journal of Indiana Jones
Lycanthropos, Jeffrey Sackett **
The Mbuji Juju, Gary Towner **
Merlin's Awakening, Tom Larcombe **
The Midnight Guardian, Sarah Jane Stratford
The Moonlight Brigade, Sarah Jane Stratford
The Nazi Occult, Kenneth Hite
Nazi Werewoofs, Karl Larew **
Nazi Zombie Army: Gotterdammerung, Jonathan Green *
The Night Boat, Robert R. McCammon
Night Fighters, Rob Smith **
The Night the Nazis Came to Dinner, Sean McLachlan *
Nostradamus Ate My Hamster, Robert Rankin
Occupation, Jeff L Dawson *
Panzer Spirit, Tom Townsend
The Seventh Sanctuary, Saniel Easterman
Shadows in the Mist, Brian Moreland
The Sixth Key, Adriana Koulias *
Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army: Gotterdammerung, Jonathan Green *
The Spear of Destiny (A Lance Chambers Mystery), Jason E. Thummell **
The Statement of Andrew Doran, Matthew Davenport **
The Summons, David Whish-Wilson
The Sisterhood of the Rose, Jim Marrs
The Spear, James Herbert
The Spear of Destiny, Julian Noyce *
The Spear of Destiny, ME Brines *
Strange Conflict, Dennis Wheatley
They Used Dark Forces, Dennis Wheatley
The Third Realm, Cliff Wallace *
Tomb of the Lost, Julian Noyce *
Underland, Mick Farren
The Vril Codex, Ben Manning **
The Vril Codex II, Ben Manning **
The Werewolf's Tale, Richard Jaccoma
The Werewolf's Revenge, Richard Jaccoma
WerewolveSS, Jerry Ahern, Sharon Ahern **
Wolf Hunter, J.L. Benet **
The Wolf's Hour, Robert R. McCammon
Whargoul, Dave Brockie *
World War of the Dead, Eric S. Brown **

Super-Science
4th Reich of Antarctica, Cotton Levi Grove *
'48, James Herbert
The Alien Factor, Stan Lee, Stan Timmons
Area 52: Space Nazis, Edward M Grant
Atlantis Found, Clive Cussler
Atlantium: Nazi Time Machine, Roc Hatfield *
Black Order, James Rollins
The Black Sun, James Twining
Blood Toys, Floyd Wray *
The Boys from Brazil, Ira Levn
The Contraption, Rita Villa
The Crisis Pendant, Charlie Patterson
The Day After Tomorrow, Allan Folsom
Death Bell, Peter Francis *
The Destroyer: Brain Storm, Warren Murphy & Richard Sapir
The Destroyer: The Empire Dreams, Warren Murphy & Richard Sapir
The Destroyer: Failing Marks, Warren Murphy & Richard Sapir
Echo of the Reich, James Becker
The Eldridge Conspiracy, Stephen Ames Berry *
Empire of Ice, Emma Daniels *
The Executioner: Devil's Guard, Don Pendleton
The Experiment, Barbara Kyle *
The Furies, Bill Napier
Hardluck Hannigan: Peril in the North, Bill Craig
Hardluck Hannigan: The Sky Masters, Bill Craig
Hitler's Bomb, Chris Scott
Hitler's Bomb From Hell, John J. Leary **
Hitler's Last Gasp, Manfred Krutein
Hitler's New Millennium, Otto Martin Wolf *
Hollow Earth, Dave & Sharon Oester, **
How They Stopped Hitler's Nuclear Weapons Program, Bohdan O. Szuprowicz *
The Hunt for the Fourth Reich, James Berg *
Ice Reich, William Dietrich
Inception, W. A. Harbinson
Journey to the Giant, Dustin Jones *
The Last Way Station: Hitler's Final Journey, Jon Reisfeld *
Lightning, Dean Koontz
Lost World Found, Robert Larrison
Melt Zone, Simon Rosser *
The Nazi Time Machine: 2014, Mike Crade **
Nazi Werewolf Zombie Inferno, Chris Bradshaw, Karl Jull *
Necrocide, Jonathan Davison *
Night of the Nazi Zombies, Michael G. Thomas **
One Thousand Years, Randolph Beck *
Ooparts, Keith Osmond *
Operation Devil's Fire, Ronn Munsterman **
Operation: Montauk, Bryan Young *
Operation Sepsis, Christian Fletcher *
OSS Commando: Hitler's A-Bomb, Charles Sasser
Overlords of Mars, Giuseppe Filotto
Patton's Spaceship, John Barnes
The Rays of the Black Sun, William Sly, David Capuano *
Reichbahn Six-Nine, Tom Townsend
Rockets of the Reich, Kim Kinrade *
Secondworld, Jeremy Robinson
Secret World Chronicles: Invasion, Mercedes Lackey
Secret World Chronicles: World Divided, Mercedes Lackey
Shadow Project, Scott Mariani
The Sky Club, Ian Feldman
Sniper Elite: Spear of Destiny, Jasper Bark
Space Nazis Vs. EXOTROOPERS!, David N. Brown *
Sun of the Sleepless, Patrick Horne *
Swastika, Michael Slade
There Ain't Gonna Be No World War Three, Dominic Green **
A Thousand Suns, Alex Scarrow
Time Travel Exituss, Sterling Geiger *
The Twins, Sheldon Cohen *
Vertical Run, Joseph Garber
Von Neumann's Last Experiment, James Pratt *
Wunderwaffe, Ian Sales *
Zombies vs Nazis, Scott Kenemore

Non-Fiction
Alternate History
Disaster at D-Day, Peter Tsouras
Hitler: The Victory That Nearly Was, Bruce Quarrie
Hitler Triumphant: Alternate Decisions of World War II, Peter Tsouras
How Hitler Could Have Won World War II, Bevin Alexander
If Hitler Had Won, Richard E. Osborne
Luftwaffe Over America, Manfred Griehl
Target America: Hitler's Plan to Attack the United States, James P. Duffy
Third Reich Victorious, Peter G. Tsouras
Tomorrow the World: Hitler, Northwest Africa, and the Path Toward America, Norman J. W. Goda
What if?: Strategic Alternatives of World War II, Harold Deutsch & Dennis Showalter
The World Hitler Never Made, Gavriel D. Rosenfeld

Conspiracy Theory
Alliance of Enemies: The Untold Story of the Secret American and German Collaboration to End World War II, Agostino von Hassell, Sigrid MacRae
The Axmann Conspiracy: The Nazi Plan for a Fourth Reich and How the U.S. Army Defeated It, Scott Andrew Selby
Hitler, The Survival Myth, Donald M. McKale
Hitler's Werewolves, Charles Whiting
Inside the Fourth Reich, Erich Erdstein & Barbara Bean
Order of Battle: Hitlers Werewolves, Ib Melchior
Secrets of the S.S., Glenn B. Infield

Occult
Astrology: A Recent History Including the Untold Story of its Role in World War II, Ellic Howe
Black Sun: Aryan Cults, Esoteric Nazism, and the Politics of Identity, Nicholas Goodrick-Clarke
The Black Sun Agenda, Jack Ashcraft
The Black Sun Unveiled: Genesis and Development of a Modern National Socialist Mythos, James Pontolillo
Hammer of the Gods: The Thule Society and the Birth of Nazism, David Luhrssen
Himmler's Crusade: The Nazi Expedition to Find the Origins of the Aryan Race, Christopher Hale
Hitler and the Occult, Ken Anderson
Hitler's Holy Relics, Sidney D. Kirkpatrick
Hitler's Master of the Dark Arts: Himmler's Black Knights and the Occult Origins of the SS, Bill Yenne
The Master Plan: Himmler's Scholars and the Holocaust, Heather Pringle
The Nazis and the Occult, D. Sklar
The Nazis and the Occult: Dark Forces Unleashed by the Third Reich, Paul Roland
The Nazi Occult, Kenneth Hite
The Nazi Occult War: Hitler's Compact with the Forces of Evil, Michael FitzGerald
Nazi Secrets: An Occult Breach in the Fabric of History, Frank Lost
Nazisploitation!: The Nazi Image in Low-Brow Cinema and Culture, Elizabeth Bridges, et al
Occult and the Third Reich: The Mystical Origins of Nazism and the Search for the Holy Grail, Jean-Michel Angebert
The Occult Roots of Nazism: Secret Aryan Cults and Their Influence on Nazi Ideology, Nicholas Goodrick-Clarke
Otto Rahn and the Quest for the Grail: The Amazing Life of the Real "Indiana Jones", Nigel Graddon
Prophecies about the War in Europe 1941, Clarence Reed
The Secret King: The Myth and Reality of Nazi Occultism, Stephen E. Flowers & Michael Moynihan
Unexplained Mysteries of World War II, William B Breuer
Unholy Alliance, Peter Levenda

Super-Science
German Air Projects: 1935-1945 Volume 4, Marek Rys
German & Allied Secret Weapons of World War II, Ian V. Hogg & J. B. King
The German Atomic Bomb: The History of Nuclear Research in Nazi Germany, David Irving
German Secret Weapons: Blueprint for Mars, Brian Ford
German Secret Weapons of World War II, Ian V Hogg
Germany's Secret Weapons in World War II, Roger Ford
Germany's Secret Weapons in World War II (2nd ed), Roger Ford
Hitler's Suppressed and Still-Secret Weapons, Science and Technology, Henry Stevens
Hitler's Terror Weapons: From Doodlebug to Nuclear Warheads, Geoffrey Brooks
The Hunt for Zero Point, Nick Cook
Last Talons of the Eagle: Secret Nazi Technology Which Could Have Changed the Course of World War II, Gary Hyland & Anton Gill
Luftwaffe Advanced Aircraft Projects to 1945, Vol. 2: Fighters & Ground-Attack Aircraft, Lippisch to Zeppelin, Ingolf Meyer
Luftwaffe Secret Projects: Fighters 1939-1945, Walter Schick & Ingolf Meyer
Luftwaffe X-Planes: German Experimental and Prototype Planes of World War II, Manfred Griehl
My Tank Is Fight!, Zack Parsons
The Mystery of U-33: Hitler's Secret Envoy, Nigel Graddon
Nazi Science: Myth, Truth, and the German Atomic Bomb, Mark Walker
Secret Aircraft Designs of the Third Reich, David Myhra
Secret Weapons: Death Rays, Doodlebugs and Churchill's Golden Goose, Brian Ford
Secret Weapons: Technology, Science, and the Race to Win World War II, Brian J. Ford
Secret Weapons of World War II, William B Breuer
Secret Weapons of World War II, Bill Yenne
Secret Wonder Weapons of the Third Reich: German Missiles 1934-1945, J. Miranda & P. Mercado
Strange Company: Military Encounters with UFOs in World War II, Keith Chester **
The Truth About The Wunderwaffe, Igor Witkowski
U-boat!: The Rare Type, Harry Cooper
Vengeance: Hitler's Nuclear Weapon : Fact or Fiction?, Philip Henshall
World War II Data Book: Hitler's Secret Weapons, David Porter

“Non-Fiction”
Conspiracy Theory
Escape from the Bunker: Hitler's Escape From Berlin, Harry Cooper
Grey Wolf: The Escape of Adolf Hitler, Simon Dunstan & Gerrard Williams
Hitler's Escape, Ron T. Hansig
Hitler's Fate: The Final Story, H. D. Baumann
The Murder of Adolf Hitler: The Truth About the Bodies in the Berlin Bunker, W. Hugh Thomas
The New Germany and the Old Nazis, T. H. Tetens
Neusinger of the Fourth Reich, Charles R. Allen Jr.
The Rise of the Fourth Reich: Secret Societies that Threaten to Take Over America, Jim Marrs

Occult
The Black Sun: Montauk's Nazi-Tibetan Connection, Peter Moon
Hitler's Occult War, Michael Fitzgerald
Invisible Eagle: The Hidden History of Nazi Occultism, Alan Baker
The Mark of the Beast, Trevor Ravenscroft & Tim Wallace-Murphy
The Morning of the Magicians, Louis Pauwels & Jacques Bergier
The Occult Reich, J. H. Brennan
One Foot in Atlantis: The Secret Occult History of World War II and Its Impact on New Age Politics, William Henry
Satan and the Swastika, Francis King
The Secrets of the Third Reich: The Opening of the Parapsychological Abilities, Sergey Matyushkov *
The Secrets of the Third Reich: The Practice of Achieving Tranced State, Sergey Matyushkov *
The Spear of Destiny, Trevor Ravenscroft

Super-Science
Arktos: The Polar Myth in Science, Symbolism and Nazi Survival, Joscelyn Godwin
Blue Fires: The Lost Secrets of Nazi Technology, Gary Hyland
Dark Star, Henry Stevens
Hitler's Flying Saucers: A Guide to German Flying Discs of the Second World War, Henry Stevens
Hitler's Flying Saucers: A Guide to German Flying Discs of the Second World War (New Edition), Henry Stevens
Hitler's Miracle Weapons: vol 1 The Luftwaffe and Kriegsmarine, Friedrich Georg
Hitler's Miracle Weapons: vol 3 From the America Rocket to an Orbital Station, Friedrich Georg
Man-Made UFOs 1944-1994: 50 Years of Suppression, Renato Vesco & David Hatcher Childress
Man-Made UFOs: WWII's Secret Legacy, Renato Vesco & David Hatcher Childress
Nazi International: The Nazi's Postwar Plan to Control Finance, Conflict, Physics, and Space, Joseph P. Farrell
The Omega Files: Secret Nazi UFO Bases Revealed!, Branton
The Philadelphia Experiment: Project Invisibility, William L. Moore
The Present Threat of Nazi UFOs and World War Three: The United States and Germany's UFOs from 1917 to the Present Day, vol 1 (4th ed), Maxemillien de Lafayette *
The Present Threat of Nazi UFOs and World War Three: The United States and Germany's UFOs from 1917 to the Present Day, vol 2 (4th ed), Maxemillien de Lafayette *
Projekt UFO: The Case for Man-Made Flying Saucers, W. A. Harbinson
Reich of the Black Sun: Nazi Secret Weapons & the Cold War Allied Legend, Joseph P. Farrell
Roswell and the Reich: The Nazi Connection, Joseph P. Farrell
Saucers, Swastikas and Psyops: A History of A Breakaway Civilization: Hidden Aerospace Technologies and Psychological Operations, Joseph P. Farrell
Second Coming of Adolph Hitler, Dylan Clearfield *
Secrets of the Unified Field: The Philadelphia Experiment, The Nazi Bell, and thew Discarded Theory, Joseph P. Farrell
The SS Brotherhood of the Bell: The Nazis' Incredible Secret Technology, Joseph P. Farrell
UFO'S Nazi Secret Weapons?, Mattern Friedrich

Tabletop Games
Tannhauser
Dust Tactics

Video Games
Blazing Angels 2: Secret Missions of World War II
Bloodrayne
Call of Duty: World at War
Call of Duty: Black Ops
Captain America: Super Soldier
Dino D-Day
Hellboy: The Science of Evil
Iron Sky: The iOS Game
Mortyr
Mortyr II
Outpost Defense
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
The Saboteur
Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army
Turning Point: Fall of Liberty
Ubersoldier
Ubersoldier II
War Front: Turning Point
Wolfenstein
Wolfenstein 3D
WolfenstenRPG
Wolfenstein: The New Order

RPG/Wargame Books
AE-WWII Core Rulebook
AE-WWII: Basra 1946
AE-WWII: Occult Expansion
The Day After Ragnarok
Gear Krieg Rulebook
Gear Krieg: African Theater
Gear Krieg: Allies Sourcebook
Gear Krieg: Axis Sourcebook
Gear Krieg: Luft Krieg
Gear Krieg: Superscience
Gear Krieg: The Roleplaying Game
Gear Krieg: Wargaming Companion
Gurps WWII: Weird War II
Hollow Earth Expedition: Secrets of the Surface World
NUTS!: War Without End
Reich Star
Secrets of the Third Reich
Secrets of the Third Reich: Doomsday
Weird Wars: Weird War II
Weird War II: Afrika Korpse
Weird War II: Blood on the Rhine
Weird War II: Dead from Above
Weird War II: Hell in the Hedgerows
Weird War II: Hell Freezes Over
Weird War II: Horrors of Weird War II

DVDs
The Aldebaran Mystery & the Eisenhower Briefing Papers
Below
Blood Creek
Bloodrayne: The Third Reich
The Bunker
Captain America
Company of Heroes
Dead Snow
Death Ship
The Devil's Rock
The Devil's Keep
FDR: American Badass
First Squad: The Moment of Truth
Frankenstein's Army
Hellboy
Hitler's Britain
Hitler's Secret Flying Saucers
Horrors of War
Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Iron Sky
Nazis at the Center of the Earth
Nazi UFOs How They Fly: Exposing German Tesla Free Energy Program
Nazi UFO's The Illuminati Conspiracy
Nazi UFO Legacy And The Conspiracy
The Occult History of the Third Reich
Outpost
Outpost: Black Sun
Project Chronos: Nazi Hyper-Dimensional Physics and the Bell Project
The Reich Underground
The Rocketeer
Timecop 2
UFO Secrets of the Third Reich
UFO Secrets of World War II
Urda: The Third Reich
War of the Dead
World War II German UFOs

Comics
30 Days of Night: Red Snow, Ben Templesmith
American Vampire vol 3, Scott Snyder & Rafael Albuquerque
Atomic Robo, Brian Clevinger & Scott Wegener
BPRD: 1946, Mike Mignola
BPRD: 1947, Mike Mignola
Captain Gravity and the Power of the Vril, Joshua Dysart & Sal Velluto
Common Foe, Keith Griffen
Creepy #3-4, Dark Horse Comics
Danger Girl, J. Scott Campbell
Dark Axis: Rise of the Overmen, Chris Wheeler
Duke Nukem: Glorious Bastard, Tom Waltz, Xermanico, Luis Antonio Delgado
Dust, Christopher Morrison & Paolo Parente
Dust Wars, Christopher Morrison & Paolo Parente
FUBAR
High Roads, Scott Lobdell, Leinil Yu
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis,
Indiana Jones and the Iron Phoenix, Joe Pinney, Hal Barwood
Indiana Jones and the Spear of Destiny, Elaine Lee, Will Simpson
Indiana Jones and the Tomb of the Gods, Rob Williams, Steve Scott
The Iron Ghost, Chuck Dixon, Sergio Cariello
Iron Man Noir, Scott Snyder, Manuel Garcia
Iron Siege, James Abraham, Andrew Hong, & Trevor Goring
The Keep, F. Paul Wilson & Matthew Dow Smith
The Life Eaters, David Brin & Scott Hampton
Light Brigate, Peter J. Tomasi
Lobster Johnson: Iron Prometheus, Mike Mignola
Lost Squad, Chris Kirby & Alan Robinson
The Manhattan Projects, Jonathan Hickman
Marvel Zombies Destroy!, Frank Marraffino, et al
Miss Fury, Tarpe Mills
Miss Fury (reboot), Rob Williams, Jack Herbert, Marcio Abreu
Nazi Zombies, Joe Wight
Obergeist Director's Cut, Dan Jolley
Resident Evil, Ricardo Sanchez, Kevin Sharpe
The Rocketeer, Dave Stevens
Shanna: The She Devil #1-7, Frank Cho
Showcase Presents: Weird War Tales Vol. 1
Time Bomb, Jimmy Palmiotti, Justin Gray, & Paul Gulacy
Top 10: The Forty-Niners, Alan Moore, Gene Ha
Uber, Kieron Gillen, Caanan White
War of the Undead, Bruan Johnson & Walter Flanagan
Weird War Tales vol 1, Joe Kubert

Stuff with * means it's e-book only, stuff with ** means print editions exist, I just happen to have the e-book version.

And a photo of what all this poo poo looks like on a shelf:

:suicide:

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
:stare:

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I likes me my Weird War II. v:shobon:v

What's extra funny is how often it trickles into other stuff that's not really centered around it. It crops up in Outlast and the main plot of Call of Duty: Black Ops, according to the director 'Starship Troopers' is pretty much alt-history if the Nazis won the war, it's a really prevalent pop-culture topic even if people don't realize it right away.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
I assume you have other shelves as well. Right?

Like the only literature you have should hopefully encompass more then just althistory Nazi/WW2 stuff.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

That list kept going and going :stonk:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Rookersh posted:

I assume you have other shelves as well. Right?

Like the only literature you have should hopefully encompass more then just althistory Nazi/WW2 stuff.
God yes, I've got a bunch of other shelves with actual, like, literature.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Xenomrph posted:

God yes, I've got a bunch of other shelves with actual, like, literature.

Oh, that's cool then. We're cool :unsmith:

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Xenomrph, just wanted you to know you're the best.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

So did you buy Ubersoldier 2 based on the strengths of Ubersoldier 1?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Mr E posted:

Xenomrph, just wanted you to know you're the best.
Collecting this stuff has been a hobby of mine for about a decade now. I'm working on writing a book about the genre; there's already one sort of about it ('Nazisploitation'), but it more of focuses on pop-culture history and is largely film-centric.

DoombatINC posted:

So did you buy Ubersoldier 2 based on the strengths of Ubersoldier 1?
I mostly bought it because it was Weird War II, and it ended up being better than the first game. The set piece action is more fun, the locations are more varied, and it takes itself a lot less seriously and just has fun with its goofy premise.

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 05:01 on May 20, 2014

Orv
May 4, 2011

PAnick posted:

We put up our soundtrack on spotify:

http://open.spotify.com/album/1plNiBcLcLXdC2wec2t2rX

...just too bad I don't have an LP record player.

Hey Panick, is that German language version of Boom Boom Boom from the trailer out there somewhere?

Orv fucked around with this message at 05:08 on May 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
Polygon gave it a 9/10
I am pleasantly surprised they liked it.
http://www.polygon.com/2014/5/20/5718792/wolfenstein-the-new-order-review

• Locked thread