Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
That's a thing of beauty.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

But now what good are my thumbs?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Bad Munki posted:

Who has two thumbs and a future space hammer?

This guy

Sanzuo
May 7, 2007

I'm trying to make this into a decent av but it is really hard!

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Whoever invented this deserves a loving Nobel.

Sanzuo
May 7, 2007

Wet Fifty
Dec 6, 2005

Greetings from the inner-
city, high-humidity, ass
and titty bar.

VendaGoat posted:

Um, if you can't hit the head of a nail with a hammer while holding it, what the gently caress makes you think you can hit a nail in exactly the spot you need on the first try?

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

As much hate as the Special Editions get, I do appreciate that they made the X-Wings spread out instead of going in a straight line. I just wish the second Death Star battle got as many neat touch-ups. :(

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Wet Fifty posted:

Um, if you can't hit the head of a nail with a hammer while holding it, what the gently caress makes you think you can hit a nail in exactly the spot you need on the first try?

You are just a party pooper, mister :colbert:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Wet Fifty posted:

Oh I'm sorry. gently caress progress and making life easier for the uninitiated. Let us return to the time honored tradition of Flint Knapping.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyuzh1uaSf4

Read Snigfut
Feb 19, 2013

Mostly harmless.

Sanzuo posted:

I'm trying to make this into a decent av but it is really hard!

Here is my best attempt.

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~

big dog

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

VendaGoat posted:

I have a hammer like that, and it works... okay I guess. It's not great. It's really more of a hassle to make sure the nail is caught by the magnet properly, and then you have be all careful to make sure it doesn't get nudged while you take your swing.(as well as being a lot more careful where you are placing it with your swing, like someone said above)

It's not terrible, but there it really isn't any better than just holding the nail yourself in most cases.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

It's like seeing the face of God. I don't care what the naysayers say ("nay").

Bad Munki posted:

Are you really that opposable to progress?

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Apogee15 posted:

It's not terrible, but there it really isn't any better than just holding the nail yourself in most cases.

There are tools for holding nails without putting your fingers on harm's way. I'm not sure if they have a more official name, but "nail holder" seems to work when gissing.

e: "gissing" meaning "using google image search" in this context.

Roger Tangerines
Apr 15, 2013

by Debbie Metallica

PS. Love the cabin posted:

He was fired because he wasn't funny he kept making fun of Lorne Michael's bestie O.J Simpson.

muscles like this? posted:

It wasn't Lorne Michaels, it was some other NBC executive.

Norm's always said he doesn't buy that and he genuinely thinks he was fired for not being funny, which would be totally reasonable and understandable. When he's on point, he's absolutely hilarious, but he can be pretty hard to watch sometimes, and his style of humour often borders on the impenetrable. I don't think he was consistently funny enough to justify his being mean-spirited and weird a lot of the time.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Roger Tangerines posted:

Norm's always said he doesn't buy that and he genuinely thinks he was fired for not being funny, which would be totally reasonable and understandable. When he's on point, he's absolutely hilarious, but he can be pretty hard to watch sometimes, and his style of humour often borders on the impenetrable. I don't think he was consistently funny enough to justify his being mean-spirited and weird a lot of the time.

And then you have this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofXxinOtPiQ

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Wheany posted:

There are tools for holding nails without putting your fingers on harm's way. I'm not sure if they have a more official name, but "nail holder" seems to work when gissing.

I've always just used needle-nosed pliers.

Still thought the hammer thing looked like fun to use though :shrug:

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo
Afflicted

Aliens vs Predator 2015 :smith: another Afflicted

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

One of the related videos was for Norm's podcast, with Russell Brand as his guest.

I want a TV show starring these two, right now.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Wheany posted:

bart im giss

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Dr_Amazing has a new favorite as of 16:50 on May 20, 2014

Fyuz
Dec 15, 2004

Old timey production logos and film title cards!

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Where are these from?

panorama_change
May 23, 2008

Inertia is a property of matter.
I made a few more Rubberbandits gifs. Love these guys.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Can one of you gif masters make a gif of the beginning of Spaceballs where the ship rolls past for like 15 minutes.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

veedubfreak posted:

Can one of you gif masters make a gif of the beginning of Spaceballs where the ship rolls past for like 15 minutes.

Or just loop it so it never ends?

Megera
Sep 9, 2008

Unfunny Poster posted:

Where are these from?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jfU7pw76ZE

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo

veedubfreak posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dZveoBfiww

I don't see it being very gif friendly. Some wizard of digital picture manipulation here might be able to fix that.

I'm not even sure if you can repeat gif frames without bloating the gif size through the roof so v:shobon:v

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Yeah it seems like a fairly tall order. Speaking of Spaceballs, though I was listening to the director commentary, and Mel Brooks said he wanted that scene to last 10-15 minutes. The studio nixed it.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
I feel like that gif is a perfect update to 'BEES'.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Clearly a Frank Yang disciple

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

rydiafan posted:

Thank God they are banned.

Yeah about that...

http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/mythbusters/videos/fire-vs-ice-faceoff.htm

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

In the full segment Jamie explains that legally they can't explain how they actually built the flamethrower.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Whew! Glad we survived that!

PlantRobot
Feb 13, 2010

Fyuz posted:

Old timey production logos and film title cards!

I can hear this just looking at it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhNRWniXfUc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

muscles like this? posted:

In the full segment Jamie explains that legally they can't explain how they actually built the flamethrower.

"Legally" doesn't mean "We don't want to deal with a frivolous lawsuit." Legally, you can tell people how to build a flamethrower. Or a bomb. Or a gun. Or nerve gas.

• Locked thread