Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

Sankis posted:

How did Sandy Kane get back to being friend of the show? She tried to sue them!

I mean, I know she's a crazy lady and they know she's a crazy lady but it seems weird that Sirius would even allow them to let her in.

She asked to come on for Super Show 1, Opie was like ehhh, and Ant said gently caress it, she's funny get her up here. She then was the best part of it and they all laughed about how she no showed suing them 3 times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

TwistedNails posted:

She asked to come on for Super Show 1, Opie was like ehhh, and Ant said gently caress it, she's funny get her up here. She then was the best part of it and they all laughed about how she no showed suing them 3 times.

That'd explain it. I heard Super Show 2 but never 1. I ought to go back and listen to it.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Sankis posted:

That'd explain it. I heard Super Show 2 but never 1. I ought to go back and listen to it.

Yeah, the first was really the best. They're really loving up by doing "super shows" so much.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

bunky posted:

Yeah, the first was really the best. They're really loving up by doing "super shows" so much.

The times they went to Taylor on Cosmo radio's show were so good. She was horrified by Sandy and Lady Di.

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

Paul Kersey posted:

Anybody else think Super Show III was kind of a let down? Sandy Kane saved it. Doing things like making Bocchetti tap dance, Intern Oscar sing, etc., wasn't funny at all.

I think the show could have been saved by making everyone do a stand up act instead of different (mostly visual) "talents". Not only would it be funny to see these weirdos try to act like comedians, but I get the feeling that someone like Sandy Kane would actually have a pretty genuinely funny act.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
sandy kane is utterly revolting every single appearance. "DON'T LET OPIE NEAR YOUR GUITAR!", lol

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

TheRationalRedditor posted:

sandy kane is utterly revolting every single appearance. "DON'T LET OPIE NEAR YOUR GUITAR!", lol

I'm baffled by her appearance. How much hard living do you have to have to look like that? I mean, holy poo poo.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

ozza posted:

I get the feeling that someone like Sandy Kane would actually have a pretty genuinely funny act.

What does "A" stand for? rear end in a top hat? Let's exchange blood tests :bigtran:

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
eddie o'loughlin

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Shelby's gameshow was such a hilarious clusterfuck. Every question had something wrong with it.

Converse41
Dec 17, 2004
Whispering horse cock guy was hilarious today.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Converse41 posted:

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Way to go boys on doing a complete 180 about the Fake Roland twitter account.

Roland pretty much owns the show now. It's a bit embarrassing.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

What happenned? Fake Roland isn't funny to them anymore?

Whatever day that dude came in that got booked by fake Roland was goddamn hilarious.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Fake Roland came up today when they were speculating on a "mystery guest" coming in (Patton Oswalt and it was a legit booking). They went on talk briefly in outright disgust for the account and how they blocked him. The account's been suspended.

What most likely happened was Roland had another off-air crybaby fit about it, so the boys decided they hate Fake Roland too. I don't understand why they constantly cater to this douche. Somehow he's more off-limits to jokes than their own bosses, and that's pathetic. He just shouldn't be on the air, and they shouldn't talk about him. Enough of Croland.

shyduck fucked around with this message at 00:47 on May 20, 2014

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Roland is a really awful part of the show. Everyone else on the staff has to accept getting smashed except him, and for what? So they don't miss out on another 15 celebrity chefs.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Morter posted:

What does "A" stand for? rear end in a top hat? Let's exchange blood tests :bigtran:

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

I think they just keep that fat turd around because of his connections to publicists. He knows a lot of people and can book big stars for the media destination tour so the guys have to be nice to him for fear of losing those connections.

Or they are being held hostage because he has dirt on them.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Trying to look at Roland's position objectively and with full disclosure that I don't have much of a clue how this side of the industry works, it seems to me most of the work is already done for him. Most of the guests they seem to get as of late are:

1. Actual friends of the show (Vos, etc)
2. Food assholes
3. Celebs doing the rounds (i.e. already in the building or doing phoners all day)

So with this stuff alone, I just don't see how what he's bringing to the table is so irreplaceable that they find themselves in the situation with him that they're in. Those connections just don't seem as important as perhaps they once were like with the FreeFM period.

shyduck fucked around with this message at 05:42 on May 20, 2014

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

cochise posted:

I think they just keep that fat turd around because of his connections to publicists. He knows a lot of people and can book big stars for the media destination tour so the guys have to be nice to him for fear of losing those connections.

Or they are being held hostage because he has dirt on them.

I'm not even sure how true that is because they always complain about the guests they don't get and go on about all the lame guys they turn down. I think they keep Roland around because they like him (he does do some pretty funny things off air) and try to put the pressure of getting better guests on the company rather than on Roland.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
They're all stupid, thin skinned idiots with no self awareness. Makes sense that they would like Roland.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Converse41 posted:

THAT is the kind of caller that's worth picking up for. It went on for such a long time and never stopped being funny.

shyduck posted:

Trying to look at Roland's position objectively and with full disclosure that I don't have much of a clue how this side of the industry works, it seems to me most of the work is already done for him. Most of the guests they seem to get as of late are:

1. Actual friends of the show (Vos, etc)
2. Food assholes
3. Celebs doing the rounds (i.e. already in the building or doing phoners all day)

So with this stuff alone, I just don't see how what he's bringing to the table is so irreplaceable that they find themselves in the situation with him that they're in. Those connections just don't seem as important as perhaps they once were like with the FreeFM period.
Yeah, who knows. It's probably something way inside. If it's any consolation he probably suffers from chronic ulcers and reflux due to his morbid obesity, deviated septum and being several times the slobbo E-rock is.

Cory Lidle posted:

They're all stupid, thin skinned idiots with no self awareness.
:raise:

TheRationalRedditor fucked around with this message at 07:48 on May 20, 2014

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
http://youtu.be/UvmkZebefbQ

World Star! I admit it, I lol'd.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

TheRationalRedditor posted:

THAT is the kind of caller that's worth picking up for. It went on for such a long time and never stopped being funny.

That or the "you guys never drank beer in high school" guy or the Howard conspiracy guy.

It's sad that you can tell that both the screeners and Opie know when they have a fun caller like that but they still put through dumb truckers to just tell bullshit stories.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
The callers wouldn't be nearly as bad if Opie didn't keep them on the line the entire loving time. He should take a hint from Ron and just get rid of them the instant they finish their line. There are even times when the caller isn't even saying anything and you still just hear his line idling in the background while everyone's talking, and then Opie hangs up accidentally and says "Oops, sorry, didn't mean to do that". It must be some kind of OCD thing where Opie has to conclude the call and say goodbye or something. It did lead to a funny Jim line once, when a caller asked Jimmy a question and as he's responding, the caller just keeps interjecting with "Oh yeah?" "Haha, really?" "No way" type things, and Jim just says "Jesus sir, shut up, what am I doing your podcast?"

Cromulent fucked around with this message at 15:07 on May 20, 2014

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Untagged posted:

His voice echoes in his cavernous mansion, while he films cats fighting, bliss unending, alone in paradise.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon
he got another cat?

Saint Jimmy
Jul 5, 2006

Untagged posted:

Should have shot it in portrait mode for bonus points.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

gently caress Ron for leaving that annoying oval office Janice on in the background for 15 minutes today becuse she bought him cigars.

Her loving retarded high pitched "HYUI-HYUI-HYUI!" giggle enrages me along with her adding absolutely nothing to the show other than lapping rear end.

Some caller rang in the other day and said the same about her and Ron white-knighted the gently caress out of her. Ugh.

camino
Feb 23, 2006
I'm in the Janice haters club also. She called in during a decent unscreened phone calls bit a couple months back and ground it to a halt. The only reason she gets on is because she sends them bribes.

I read on reddit that she's brain damaged though.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

camino posted:

I'm in the Janice haters club also. She called in during a decent unscreened phone calls bit a couple months back and ground it to a halt. The only reason she gets on is because she sends them bribes.

I read on reddit that she's brain damaged though.
Bobo's brain damaged and O&A&J handle it in a way that's conducive to a comedy show. But Ron's so used to coddling his co-host like an old lady with dementia he might just be reacting instinctively.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Janice has the worst accent I've ever heard

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Cory Lidle posted:

Bobo's brain damaged and O&A&J handle it in a way that's conducive to a comedy show. But Ron's so used to coddling his co-host like an old lady with dementia he might just be reacting instinctively.

Do we know if he's...I mean, I know Bobo's not all there, the boy's not right, but do we actually know that he's got an official brain disorder or damage?

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Do we know if he's...I mean, I know Bobo's not all there, the boy's not right, but do we actually know that he's got an official brain disorder or damage?
The surgery they hosed up that almost killed him seems to be the culprit for the brain damage. I think it's a blend of that, whatever he was born with, and his mother going "welp, he's retarded so no expecting him to learn anything."

However his nurtured retardation has lead to gold like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCQHBw27ias

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

Cory Lidle posted:

The surgery they hosed up that almost killed him seems to be the culprit for the brain damage. I think it's a blend of that, whatever he was born with, and his mother going "welp, he's retarded so no expecting him to learn anything."

However his nurtured retardation has lead to gold like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCQHBw27ias

The cock surgeries???

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
About to go on a few long flights and plane rides. Looking for some suggestions for your fav Ron and fez shows of the past 7 or so years. Things like the cookie show. Please include the airdate if possible. Cheers

onemillionzombies
Apr 27, 2014

The st. patrick's day show where Fez loses his mind to several degrees, believe it was in 09.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
6-27-2011 is an all-timer for me. I hope you can find a version with the pre-song because "Rebel Rebel" really sets the tone right out the gate.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Fez's Silent Running was a tremendous bit of radio played out over two days. Don't remember the dates, but late '08.

Also, Chris Stanley's birthday party from last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

TL posted:

Fez's Silent Running was a tremendous bit of radio played out over two days. Don't remember the dates, but late '08.

Also, Chris Stanley's birthday party from last year.

:)

Chris Stanley's 30th Birthday Party Plus Aftershow (08-08-2013) = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2NNKHAUScM

Fez Is Silent (01-08-2009) = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNUEbSEsEBo
Midnight Show = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FmMmS2PJJM
Silent Fez On O&A (01-09-2009) = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTshNDq7ORY
Ron & Mandog (Fez Is Silent Finale) = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=539aGxqt1pk
Black Earl Quits (Fez Is Silent Aftermath) = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiXltL4TPUQ

I'd also recommend the Full Enema Jokeoff Show (12-07-2000) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHz1dvxrdMs

• Locked thread