Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ezzer
Aug 5, 2011

To think this all could have been avoided if only someone had closed the train doors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.
All of this could've been avoided if Spender wasn't a massive tool.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Meowjesty posted:

All of this could've been avoided if Spender wasn't a massive tool.

Actually he's a medium :spergin:

Ezzer
Aug 5, 2011

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Yeah? Well I'm a large! :v:

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Is he? We know he uses a tool, but we don't know what shadow guy is held in. It could be another tool Spender has on him, or it could be that Spender is a medium

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

"Oh, y'know. Murder stuff."

Fried Chicken posted:

Is he? We know he uses a tool, but we don't know what shadow guy is held in. It could be another tool Spender has on him, or it could be that Spender is a medium

Or it could be his sunglasses.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

HelloWinter posted:

Or it could be his sunglasses.

then where is the light guy held? We kow he has a tool holding one of them (the sunglasses) we don't know where the other is

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Fried Chicken posted:

then where is the light guy held? We kow he has a tool holding one of them (the sunglasses) we don't know where the other is

Maybe they're both in the sunglasses.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?
So is Monday's page coming late or just being skipped over? "No update today" could mean either.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

More often than not that means see you next update.

I only just discovered that mousing over junk snake in the banner bar at the top makes it's face open and close and because I am a child I spent twenty minutes make it lip synch embarrassing songs. :sweatdrop: Magical.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Zenzirouj posted:

So is Monday's page coming late or just being skipped over? "No update today" could mean either.

Zack said he had some personal things to deal with so I'm assuming the update will be moved to Friday, just like how he always dealt with when he missed an updated.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
New comic up: http://www.paranatural.net/index.php?id=260

Alt text for phone people: Why isn't anyone watching their starboards???

Potential avatar that I felt needed to be made:

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
Oh god, is Isabel about to lose her hand?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Angry Walrus posted:

Oh god, is Isabel about to lose her hand?

No.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
I hope so just for the awkward school action in this lighthearted story about punching ghosts. A really real repercussion that cripples her permanently, and all the awesome tension as Spender pretends it's not his fault!

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

"How do I get rid of these nasty roaches?!"

Easy, just burn your house down.
What I think I love about this comic (assuming it's intentional), You get to see spender's teaching! Isabel gets bit on the arm and makes the big swolearm out of spirit and that causes the bite to not bite into her anymore!

I doubt it was explicitly taught to her and it was just something she was supposed to learn by seeing it that one time, which fits with what was told before about how spender doesn't teach until something comes up that he should have taught and then tell afterwords, which the out is to play follow the leader and learn through watching.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I like that Max's bag-full-of-metal plan totally backfired. Missed that on my first reading.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

In a surprise twist, it's Isabel who's gonna die and Max falls into the tunnel and finds Eightfold' book.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Oh, God. That tendril she just grabbed him with is styled after Eightfold's tongue. :ohdear:

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Getting a better look at the tunnel does help explain what's happened to Eightfold's book, in that it's probably just buried tightly underground. It would in theory be retrievable, although my guess is if Isabel asks for help to dig her up she'll be rebuffed as the book "isn't worth it". Grandpa didn't seem to like it as it is.

Also, Isabel's clearly doing the Spender spirit-arm thing, but did the dog sink its teeth into her shoulder first? That would be a pretty serious injury for a small child! Maybe even trauma-triggering.

Edit: VVVV Hey, he successfully covered Isabel's starboard. :v:

Dolash fucked around with this message at 18:37 on May 23, 2014

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

I gotta say, I love that Max's entire contribution to this fight is getting owned at every opportunity. :allears:

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Pretty impressive Zack. Starting with a light hearted funny comic and then killing the main character by throwing him off a train and having an important secondary character torn apart by horrifying dog monsters. Wasn't expecting such a dark turn. Kinda gusty move imo.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Whoever ends up falling out of the train is going to get dug up by Johnny. Or, maybe, Mr. Garcia.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Isaac and Ed are having the most boring train ride right now.

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo
I think Isabel may have accidentally discovered how to perma-murder (permurder?) the pixel dogs. Animation canceling.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Spender's gonna feel real dumb when he gets back to the train and finds all the kids dead after he bragged to Forge how they could handle themselves.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Rhonne posted:

Isaac and Ed are having the most boring train ride right now.

We already saw that!

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I wonder if after a chapter with Isaac, then a chapter with Isabel, Max will have a chapter with Ed -- or if he's going to just stay the wacky comic relief with a depth of a rain puddle before being tragically killed off.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
What's up with Isabel's arm in the final panel?

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo

Rand Brittain posted:

What's up with Isabel's arm in the final panel?

It transects a respawn point for a pixel dog.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
That makes sense, I thought the pixel dog was trying to cut off Isabel's hand with the way she's reacting.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Did Isabel learn that counter-being-bit technique from Spender?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Brannock posted:

I wonder if after a chapter with Isaac, then a chapter with Isabel, Max will have a chapter with Ed -- or if he's going to just stay the wacky comic relief with a depth of a rain puddle before being tragically killed off.

It was Chapter 2. That was all the Ed depth we're gonna get. Him showing up and smirking at some monsters.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Ed's got an interesting backstory to him, even if he doesn't have a load of drama to him. Maybe not next chapter but the one after next.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Mystic Mongol posted:

Did Isabel learn that counter-being-bit technique from Spender?

My guess is Spender and Isabel learned it from Grandpa.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I'm guessing they both learned a general 'spectral armour' move that they applied to their arms when they got bit. It seems a useful thing.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Whitenoise Poster posted:

Pretty impressive Zack. Starting with a light hearted funny comic and then killing the main character by throwing him off a train and having an important secondary character torn apart by horrifying dog monsters. Wasn't expecting such a dark turn. Kinda gusty move imo.

Next comic will be Max succumbing to the ghost train's warping effect, twisting him to horrific proportions, leaving him buried underground in a hole. His dole.

drrr drrr drrr

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I just noticed in the last panel that Isabel's spirit armor on her arm is starting to crack. Things are starting to look real bad.

Johnny really needs to show up to save the day and take their lunch money!

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

SlothfulCobra posted:

Ed's got an interesting backstory to him, even if he doesn't have a load of drama to him. Maybe not next chapter but the one after next.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but is Ed some kind of orphan or something? He seems to live at Grandpa's place and there's little bits here or there that seem to suggest as much.

He seems ripe to remain the simple, fun comic-relief character who just gets the occasional hint that he's got things going on and never needs them to be addressed. Although I guess he might be part of Isabel's "security blanket" the same way Eightfold was, so he might get taken out of the picture like this from time to time to isolate her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
Spender did refer to Ed as Isabelle's grandpa's ward, so you're probably onto something.